Mage Mamool Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-08-06 17:09:50  
YouTube Video Placeholder

10 Minute clear on VD with a lot of questionable moments. Lots can be done to improve.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-08-06 17:25:56  
Tank might not be needed, but we used one anyway.
VD ~8-10 min clear and I'm sure there's room for improvement.

PLD WHM RDM COR BRD NIN

PLD sits on them after doing 1 aoe and doesn't have to do much.

RDM + BRD spam enfeebles on your target, when you're ready to pull 1, silence the mob -- its good to have blink up or /nin to absorb the hurl anathema

NIN vokes mob, unleash ws at 10-20% and they won't mijin.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-08-06 17:33:32  
Video going over most the mechanics and showing Very Easy and Easy wins. Normal Difficulty sadly not possible this month for this solo Ninja.

[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-08-06 18:37:00  
MNK GEO RDM BRD SMN and WHM with my setup, gotten down to <6mins, EA+Scherzo make the nukes very survivable after you thin out the herd.

[+]
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-06 19:36:57  
Asura.Xavikon said: »
Seems like these can't be AFAC by Summoner. Seeing significant damage resistance after the first BP down to 10% damage taken on subsequent BPs.
Wow, it seems that SE does not want smn to be used to do damage at all anymore on any new content. This mechanic has been in place for all new content since cait sith. This is going to happen from here on out they might as well just delete smn at this point, other jobs should have the same restrictions (nerfed multihit weapon skills, cant use any weapon skill til 10 secs after another is used from your self or any other DD or get nerfed 90%). SMN needs to be fixed now cuz of SE being lazy and not balancing other jobs, but just singling out 1. Pup bst can do the same damn thing but smn is the popular job so SE only applies it to them it effectively takes away not only their 1hr, but apogee, multihit blood pacts (can only use spinning dive or mountain buster or merit blood pacts) but also the ability to play in a party with more than 1 smn cuz they step on each others toes now if they don't wait 10s after the 1st smn did his bp to do theirs its gets 90% dmg redcution. On top of that smn buffs haven't been updated like ever. This shouldn't be exclusive to 1 job all jobs should share this same mechanic or SE should learn how to balance things with out completely breaking them.
By Halflar 2020-08-06 21:40:09  
So when exactly is light and dark skillchains ok or not? It's based off the element of the mamool? or an action that they do?

I see that they line up the same way everytime.

(back line)
Water Air Stone
(front line)
Ice Fire Thunder

I've verified that the Ice mamool does not absorb light.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Element

^elemental wheel and a couple of versatile dd's to do both light and dark skillchains might be all you need.

I was able to stand at a few yalms of distance of all 6 as aegis paladin and take their nukes for 10 minutes with no trust out but moogle to keep me refreshed. As time went on, the nukes came faster and got stronger. So you might be able to hold of on sleeping them until later.

edit: fire and thunder absorb light skillchains but took darkness damage
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-08-06 22:12:19  
Halflar said: »
So when exactly is light and dark skillchains ok or not? It's based off the element of the mamool? or an action that they do?

From what I'm reading each Mamool has an element, if it's dark-aligned they'll absorb dark, if light-aligned they'll absorb light.
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-08-07 00:05:03  
Think its more simple, the blue-ish are light based. The Red-ish dark based.
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-08-07 02:26:21  
Mage Mamool VD 6 min clear - First Attempt (See below 2nd video with updated strategy)

PT Jobs: RUN COR MNK BRD Red White

Interesting month with new Ambuscade gimmick, nice to experiment different approaches, so sharing our progress thus far.

We aimed to avoid skillchains, Savage Blade & Victory Smite properly timed. From my perspective as RDM, I used silenced too many times which posed a higher chance of Mijin, but luckily didn't trigger.

Based on what others have shared, I am inclined to swap the tank for a GEO, more MACC with indi-focus, which should greatly help the RDM with sleeps.

Edit: Thanks to Shiraj for confirmation regarding above point
Quote:
the resists people get from Sleep is just a Resist Sleep trait proc and not a magic accuracy issue

Edit (9th Aug)
After further experimenting with this months ambuscade gimmicks, we have successfully come to the setup which we think yields high performance and results.

The core strategy of this setup is Earthen Armor & Sentinel's Scherzo, which brings DMG cut to 95%, as more Mamools die, the dmg increase will be mitigated with minimal casualties. With Addle 2 you'll have ample time to WS and rush each mob down.

Setup: DDx2, Cor(Savage Blade), SMN, BRD, Red.

Clear Time: 4~6 min depending on buff time, DD movement and damage.

By Halflar 2020-08-07 02:44:13  
Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Think its more simple, the blue-ish are light based. The Red-ish dark based.

no that's not it. ice and thunder mamool's are both red/black color, but ice took light skillchain damage, thunder absorbed.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-08-07 02:47:38  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
which should greatly help the RDM with sleeps.

I didn't watch your video but it's important to frazzle3 before you sleep2 beyond es/sabo
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-08-07 03:46:00  
I'm pretty sure the resists people get from Sleep is just a Resist Sleep trait proc and not a magic accuracy issue. To confirm this is just a set percentage chance to resist I've done runs using Stymie Sabo Sleepga and sometimes I've had 0 resists, other runs I've had as many as 5 resists. And with Stymie which should force every spell to land IF it can as long as it's not a job trait job such as Resist Sleep. You can get Immunobreaks without ES but while using chironic hose I don't think you'll get more than 2-3 Immunobreaks per mob.

From eyeballing VD runs, it looks as if the Resist Sleep proc is roughly 30%, however much more data/tests are needed to confirm. On D it looks as if the Resist sleep trait is roughly 15%, however, again, more thorough tests and data is needed to confirm.

And for the elemental damage mechanics. From what it looks like is whatever spell the mobs cast, they absorb that element. Good way to test. Front middle Mamool casts Fire, cast fire or enfire on him and he will absorb it and light skillchains.
For this, I bypassed it with using the enspell which is strong against that element. It may not be correct, but it's worked rather consistently with my runs.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2020-08-07 08:27:59  
I can back up Shiraj's comment about the elements. They absorb their singular element they cast. As Hafflar said:

Back
Water WindEarth
IceFireThunder
Front

Strat we used for VD for 5min kills - Silence the first three, addle the last three. GEO silenced, they don't need to do as much after bubbles so if Hurl goes through their blink, it doesn't matter. RDM can Para/Addle the rest, nukes shouldn't do more than 1k~ due to the lack of sage blessings until the last kill.
[+]
 Asura.Laboob
user: Laboob
By Asura.Laboob 2020-08-07 13:57:21  
I did it without sleeps. seems much easier. Consistent wins averaging out between 6-8mins per run

setup:

PLD/NIN (runs pops sentienl then keeps shadows up and light hate)
They can 1 shot you if they disarm your aegis and you dont have shadows up. Didnt find that to be much of a problem when it happens, as recovery is easy. It only happened once.

DD DDBrd COR

RDM/NIN Debuff and DD - silence when manafont.

WHM

They all cast at -ga once when one of them dies.

other than that they cast spells here and there on the PLD but nothing that hurts

(Thought to take each one to 10-5% HP then pick them out one by one, but havent tried it. It makes sense however, since they hit like tissue paper when all are alive)

PLD held them in the center with very light hate and a DD pulled them one by one.

WHM stands between PLD and rest of party to be able to reach both.

Quote:
the resists people get from Sleep is just a Resist Sleep trait proc and not a magic accuracy issue

Thought of trying this after I failed to sleep some of them even with etudes, gain spells, crepe, sabo, and elemental seal. I do agree with that statement because the message you get in the chat log is "Resist!" rather than "X resists the spell", which is the same message you get when your own job trait resists a debuff as opposed to a resist from your magic evasion alone.

-- Another thing i'd like to note is that, although inconsistent, they slept to Light Shot even with just TP bonus gun
By Halflar 2020-08-07 16:31:35  
Asura.Laboob said: »
I did it without sleeps. seems much easier. Consistent wins averaging out between 6-8mins per run

setup:

PLD/NIN (runs pops sentienl then keeps shadows up and light hate)
They can 1 shot you if they disarm your aegis and you dont have shadows up. Didnt find that to be much of a problem when it happens, as recovery is easy. It only happened once.

DD DDBrd COR

RDM/NIN Debuff and DD - silence when manafont.

WHM

They all cast at -ga once when one of them dies.

other than that they cast spells here and there on the PLD but nothing that hurts

(Thought to take each one to 10-5% HP then pick them out one by one, but havent tried it. It makes sense however, since they hit like tissue paper when all are alive)

PLD held them in the center with very light hate and a DD pulled them one by one.

WHM stands between PLD and rest of party to be able to reach both.

Quote:

Thought of trying this after I failed to sleep some of them even with etudes, gain spells, crepe, sabo, and elemental seal. I do agree with that statement because the message you get in the chat log is "Resist!" rather than "X resists the spell", which is the same message you get when your own job trait resists a debuff as opposed to a resist from your magic evasion alone.

-- Another thing i'd like to note is that, although inconsistent, they slept to Light Shot even with just TP bonus gun

I also noted that sleeps are not particularly necessary with an aegis pld. I went into D alone as /war and was able to cure myself through their very seldom nukes for almost 10 minutes. Mobs will not approach and melee unless silenced.
 Phoenix.Oyama
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-08-07 17:15:03  
The reason light and dark SC's heal is because they set the resistance of their absorb element very very low, which means that is the element that the skillchain will deal. Hence, a light SC on a fire mob will do fire damage because their fire resistance is lower, and will get absorbed. Just follow the alignments when SCing.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-08-07 18:51:45  
If you go down the silence route, instead of zerg the mages, get your lolGeo to do the silencing rather than the RDM, lands pretty easily with Wind Threnody II up also, this way your RDM isn't at risk and you can pretty much do 4 Mage mobs to 15%, silence, kill as warrior, rinse repeat until last 2 mages are up, this is a lot safer and is nice if you don't have people/other characters that can do the more "zergy" strat.

Only thing to take care on with this strat is that when it does Hurl Anathema you have to wait for the full animation to go off before killing otherwise you will get Sage's wisdom.

7-8 minute fight this way, not as quick but definitely safer and definitely more pug friendly/not geared to the teeth people friendly.
By RadialArcana 2020-08-08 04:45:20  
Is GEO nerfed in this ambuscade? and if so does that only apply to VD?
By Pantafernando 2020-08-08 06:10:07  
It seems geomancy -50% on debuffs, so youre better off on buffs bubbles.

Another indirect nerf from SE: for SMN, BP resistance, for GEO, geomancy resistance.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-08 22:09:49  
They have Resist Silence as well as Resist Sleep. I suck at image import. Link

Not bad to sleep or silence magic accuracy wise. With food and decent macc set on GEO, was able to get on VD first or second try.

Can confirm Hurl Anathema move is triggered as a counter when you silence. Seems to always be about 30 secs or less for all the status ailments at max unresist. That plague is really potent though... it's around 60mp lost per tick.

Confirming hate reset on silencing every time. They would chase me even after throwing the weapon until hate was shed.

Confirming melee only have access to Shield Shatter will break Protect and put Defense Down. Mage only has access to Ward Breach and it will break Shell and put Magic Def Down watching how trusts react to AAHM tanking.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-08 22:32:41  
Interesting little tidbit.

It appears that the weapon/sub stripping and encumbrance effect on Disarming Crescent can be prevented via shield block. That said, you'd probably be wearing Aegis in this fight, so good luck blocking outside of Palisade up.

Noticed it while doing a quick VE Vol 1 to get my seal roe done before reset.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-08-08 22:45:10  
I was getting muted and I couldn't figure out why. Anyone know what caused it? At first I thought it was a silence Aura cause remedies weren't doing anything, but then I realized it was Mute status.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-08-08 23:17:20  
Asura.Aldolol said: »

Only thing to take care on with this strat is that when it does Hurl Anathema you have to wait for the full animation to go off before killing otherwise you will get Sage's wisdom.
What is the sages wisdom?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-08-08 23:18:11  
Hurl Anathema gives mute along with the other debuffs
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-08 23:18:17  
Asura.Botosi said: »
I was getting muted and I couldn't figure out why. Anyone know what caused it? At first I thought it was a silence Aura cause remedies weren't doing anything, but then I realized it was Mute status.
Hurl Anathema will mute you if you Silence them.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2020-08-09 09:31:00  
Pantafernando said: »
It seems geomancy -50% on debuffs, so youre better off on buffs bubbles.

Another indirect nerf from SE: for SMN, BP resistance, for GEO, geomancy resistance.

Noticed something interesting yesterday playing around on easy on SMN. Titan was consistently doing about triple the damage of siren, garuda, and ramuh. Not sure if it's something to do with being a single hit bloodpact or if they somehow missed nerfing the damage on it. Didn't have much time to test it. I'll try more stuff after work today.

SMN solo video on easy if anyone cares lol
By Pantafernando 2020-08-09 09:41:51  
Papesse stated once doing some of the latest content (maybe lilith) that subsequent hits of a BP were reduced.

So they just repeated same nerfing junk on this ambuscade.

Possibly in all new ambuscade from now on.

Nerfing conduit is one thing barely acceptable but nerfing the BP is just obscene. Just delete the job or bring an entire new sets of buffs, as SE is clearly saying SMN shouldnt DD. So either being a gimp healer, gimp buffer or gimp debuffer.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-09 10:36:05  
It's a silly and lazy correction to the abuse of one ability and it's not a good one. But it's not the first time they've used a lame mechanic to counter a player strategy they deemed too powerful. They straight up gave absolute virtue an immunity to soul eater back when players were using that and oat weapons to clear him
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7