言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Mage Mamool Ambuscade V1
Mage Mamool Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By tyalangan 2020-08-06 01:55:08  
New Mamool Ja Ambuscade with mage specific mobs as of 8/20.

Videos
RDM Solo D (15min)
BLU Solo E (7min)
SMN Solo E (13min)

Key Item Locations: Bhaflau Thickets HP

Notes:
Very Difficult/Difficult 6 mobs
Easy 4 mobs
Very Easy 3 mobs
Kill with staff "The sage's wisdom flows through you."
Kill without staff "The warrior's wisdom flows through you."
(Verify*) Mijin avoided if silenced after Manafont.

Sextuple Razool Ja:
Ward Breach: Dmg, mdef down on target. Was absorbed by 4 blink shadows. Possible dispel?
Shield Shatter: Dmg, def down on target. Possible Dispel?
Disarming Crescent: Single target damage, Strips weapons, short encumbrance on target. Absorbed by shadows.
Hurl Anathema: Tosses stave at you. Single target damage, Stun Paralysis, Slow, Poison, Plague, Mute on target. Absorbed by shadows.
  • Access to Manafont and Mijin under 3% (*verify*)

• Highly resistant to Sleep and Lullaby. High MACC or Elemental Seal needed to reliably land.

• High Fast Cast

• Switches to Melee mode without a staff if silenced

Strategies:
By Gasho 2020-08-06 02:29:47  
2 tanks set up hmmm?
By Wotasu 2020-08-06 02:31:51  
Initial findings on VD.
6 Mobs: Sextuple Razool Ja, casts AM2 V-VI,s aga IV-V
Nitro Lullaby dont work.
Sleep lands with ES or a few Immunobreaks even with Frazzle3 with a decent Rdm set.
1st Silence seems to trigger "Hurl Anathema" Ranged Single Target on Rdm Mute, Stun, Paralyze, Poison, Slow, Plauge and Hate reset.
And also seems to give Spikes/Enspells, which couldnt be dispelled.
2nd Silence on the same mob didnt trigger Hurl.
Every Rdm debuffs lands easily.

Disarming Crescent: removes Main/Sub and locks the weapons out for like 10sec or more, also works from range.
Shield Shatter: Def down and dispels Protect.
[+]
 Sylph.Robear
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Robear 2020-08-06 02:35:46  
Just a few bits of info from quick testing on Easy:

Easy spawns with 4 Sextuple Razool Ja, all 4 open with an instant casted nuke upon aggroing.

All targets were sleepable with dark based sleep (Although they did appear to have high meva for lvl 124 mobs)

Each Mamool used tier 2 -ga, T4 single and AM2 nukes. All mamool have very high levels of fast cast (Instant?) Each mob used Manafont before dying.

The chat log message "The warriors/sage's prowess flows through you" appears after each Mamool is killed. Was unable to ascertain what this actually meant.

The final Mamool used Mijin Gakure instead of Manafont

Each Mamool might possibly be tied to a single element nuke that it casts. One mob only used ice spells and actually absorbed dmg from a Distortion SC

Enemy tp moves witnessed:

Ward Breach: Dmg, mdef down on target. Was absorbed by 4 blink shadows. Possible dispel?
Shield Shatter: Dmg, def down on target. Possible Dispel?
Disarming Crescent: Dmg, Strips weapons, short encumbrance on target
Hurl Anathema: Tosses stave at you; dmg, Stun Paralysis, Slow, Poison, Plague, Mute on target.
By Mrgrim 2020-08-06 02:38:49  
Sextuple Razool ja at low HP does mijiin gakure, took me by surprise there. Did around 3k+ dmg on me on VD.

The Red Mamool ja was absorbing my light skillchains while I did not notice blue ones absorbing light damage.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-06 02:50:09  
We could use some estimate about acc requirements and total HP.

Previous ambuscades generally had mobs on VD with over 1M HP, acc. Requirement about 1400.
 Asura.Aldolol
サーバ: Asura
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-08-06 03:55:36  
Just did D, Horde Lullaby landed on some, very resistant, didn't use nitro tho based on previous comments. Mobs take a lot of damage, i had no GEO stuff up but did have chaos + brd buffs and landing 50k fudos, 1 4 step pretty much killed them so roughly 300k health? I used indi attunement which help minimally, most likely going to need a tank for this month as the initial pull is sketch as a DD doing it.
By Mrgrim 2020-08-06 04:00:00  
More useful info: The more Mamool Jas you kill the stronger their nukes become, started taking 2k+ dmg on ja spells. Also red mage seems to be extremely effective on this, addle and paralyze practically makes their fast cast nukes more manageable by a wide margin. Once my rdm partner logs in I can see this becoming more manageable. Silence seems to be recommended once you kill more than 2 mamool jas. Gonna figure out if they gain guard when they throw away their staves, but I suspect that they use mijin gakure in retaliation to getting silenced since they can't manafont, can anyone confirm it?

Edit: yep, they mijin, and they mijin hard the more you kill lol.

Edit2: I did not notice a mijin gakure when you silence them after they use manafont, but the more you kill the more mevasive they become. Might be a good idea to drop addles/paralyzes on them when you sleep them initially.
By emmawyatt 2020-08-06 04:13:56  
Maybe on this one its a "weaken them all but dont kill, then kill them in quick succession" type of fight?
By Mrgrim 2020-08-06 04:34:28  
emmawyatt said: »
Maybe on this one its a "weaken them all but dont kill, then kill them in quick succession" type of fight?

Now that u mention that Emma, I'll give it a try later!
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-08-06 04:35:00  
Last run I had, the 2nd to last mamool ja did mijin, so it's not always the last one
By Chyula 2020-08-06 04:57:52  
seem like this month is cor,rng,smn fest, aegis pld run in aggro them all and take it to corner and let them rain spell on pld from a distance. then rng,cor,pets kill 1 by 1. can entrust fend on the pld if ***is hitting too hard, or any form of magic defense buff.

I tried this will DDs but the engaged mob keep moving closer to the tank and causing the DDs to get hit by the aoe spells.

and one more thing, they do nothing but casting nuke on the tank from a distance. no enfeeble stuff.
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-08-06 06:15:17  
Just had a message pop up "the sage's wisdom flows through you" no clue what it meant, they still hit like a truck. Killed a red one first, then a blue one. Perhaps colour matters?
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-08-06 06:33:36  
So scrap that, if you kill it with a staff up you get "The sage's wisdom flows through you" if you kill it without the staff you get "The Warrior's wisdom flows through you" no clue what these messages mean yet, i have a feeling it is saying they are buffing their magic/melee damage up, maybe need to alternate between silence/not silence
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-06 06:35:49  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
Just had a message pop up "the sage's wisdom flows through you" no clue what it meant, they still hit like a truck. Killed a red one first, then a blue one. Perhaps colour matters?
Elemental wheel.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-08-06 07:23:01  
Bismarck.Mindslaver said: »
Cleared VD twice with RUN RDM/nin MNK/nin BRD GEO WHM.

RUN pulls, RDM frazzle/addle/para all then pulls 1st mamool with silence which seems to also reset hate on it, DD and RDM bring it to ~10% avoiding skillchains of the element of the specific mamool since they absorb, @ about 7% or if the mamool starts tping RDM and DD time ws to kill it before it can mijin. Repeat 2 more times.

After 3 of the same form are killed we noticed their damage goes way up so we switched to killing the last 3 as mages. With addle/para they werent much of an issue.

Buffs - Haste2, frailty/fury, honor march, minuet 4/5, str etude

1271 acc before buffs

Any DD with shadows should be fine to avoid the weapon strips and damage ramp from the melee mamools

What clear time are we talking? MNK/NIN with Godhands? Any particular reason you went with MNK? Did subtle blow effectively limit their TP moves? I'm thinking about trying it with SAM since they can easily make two step dark and light.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-08-06 07:32:36  
tried 2x NIN..... very cheesy
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-08-06 07:43:54  
Did you try alternating the kill order so Mage, Melee, Mage? does it reset their strength? I was going to try this then work got in the way :(
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-08-06 07:44:08  
An annoying month... Yay
By Pantafernando 2020-08-06 07:53:57  
Asura.Topace said: »
An annoying month... Yay

Get used.

This gonna be the “new normal”.
By RadialArcana 2020-08-06 08:04:55  
The most annoying part when they add a new battlefield is it takes forever to get in to test stuff.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-08-06 08:05:08  
that's the fun part!
By Aerix 2020-08-06 08:09:22  
> FFXI sucks, content is too easy

> FFXI sucks, content is too hard
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-08-06 08:18:32  
1 netflix episode per queue
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2020-08-06 08:25:41  
Asura.Aburaage said: »

Go to Asura, they said.
It's better, they said.
 Asura.Synr
user: Syn
By Asura.Synr 2020-08-06 08:58:45  
Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »
Asura.Aburaage said: »

Go to Asura, they said.
It's better, they said.

I don't think anyone ever said that.
[+]
 Asura.Xavikon
user: Xavikon
By Asura.Xavikon 2020-08-06 09:27:26  
Seems like these can't be AFAC by Summoner. Seeing significant damage resistance after the first BP down to 10% damage taken on subsequent BPs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7