users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » the "i got screwed over" thread
the "i got screwed over" thread
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-27 12:38:44  
I was like 100k away from buying a Heubergeon back in the day before one Christmas and figured I'd just farm the rest after leaving town for like 4 days. I came back and that ***went from like 600k to 11 *** million with that inflation.

I also remember my buddy doing relic trials when they were like 5000 kills and ***....felt bad for him.
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-06-27 15:43:23  
Once calculated with deployments factored in and the rate Rdm hat dropped it would take me 5 years to see it...HNM LS ended up dropping from the Dyna LS and did our own...got it pretty quick after that.

We had a point system in said Dyna LS, Free lot items didnt cost points. Drg comes in free lots all his gear cause why spend points on what no one else wants? In turns moves to the front of the BLM line and takes what they want. The point system was pretty shitty and didn't balance how hard ***was to get. so even if the LS had gone on for 20 years, a few months between players would *** someone over more than it should have cause the points were to low when you got a drop. Aka basically this guy was able to take all the blm pieces he wanted uncontested because of it.

Friend, Rdm for most everything back in the 75 era. Her LS had a RDM that came back for a run after being MIA forever and then going back MIA for a time. Rdm hat dropped and she was told to pass it to him. She didn't see rdm hat until a few years ago. She might have used a voucher to get it...

We had a LS leader give his WHM GF the Zenith mitts over a long time BLM who should have been next. The classic drama...

Spent weeks camping for Ace's Helm and getting ToD, had to miss a day due to Military Training that weekend. Came back and after a few more days of camping it dropped, was told to pass to the person who covered the one day I had missed.
By Sylfeya 2020-06-27 16:18:54  
Joined an Abyssea shell. We farmed Empy ingredients on a rotating focus basis, where each person picked one Empy weapon, we'd repeatedly spam one NM until everyone on that NM got their ingredients, then switch over to another NM. The lotting priority on an individual NM's ingredients was based on 'who had most progress' ie. whoever was closest to finishing their weapon, they got their ingredients first. I mentioned that this didn't seem very logical to me, but was overruled with "this will help the shell the most."

I patiently waited my turn while we farmed Chloris buds, Azdaja horns, etc. for other members. Finally we started doing Carabosse, which I needed for Masamune. By this point, I'd managed to lowman some pops with a friend on the side and get somewhere like 10/50 or so, putting me at the head of the priority list - and ahead of the shell holder. When he realized his own stupid policy - which I'd originally spoken out against - had put me ahead of him, he kicked me from alliance, broke my pearl and blisted me, all without a word. Coward didn't even have the courage to tell me to my face, I had to eventually get the full story days later from one of the other officers.
[+]
 Sylph.Kalmado
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kalmado7
By Sylph.Kalmado 2020-06-27 17:21:03  
The one that really got me was Simurgh of all things. When I was in a HNMLS the only lesser we did was Arthro so I couldn't count on LS help. That LS sort of imploded after (surprise!) people were getting sick of LS leader and officers getting relics while we got shitty gear. I started my own LS that was basic NMs with lessers, ZNM, Limbus, etc. Must of killed Simurgh 20+ times without drop. The day I couldn't be there they drop to the next person in line. Cool, someone that wanted them got them! A few days later I couldn't be there again and they drop again. A mule took them because no one else needed them. I never got Trotters pre SoA.

I don't have any big time getting screwed story. Just the typical stuff where you do things as a group and when the chosen ones get their item the group stops doing it. Or it turns into "we'll come back to it" whenever you bring it up and they never do. Standard XI for the most part. It's why I don't look down on those that choose to buy drops or clears now. Maybe they would rather just pay instead of putting themselves thru that grind with the hope/promise that it will eventually be their turn only to never see the day.
[+]
By Sjaii 2020-06-27 17:22:23  
Got Hacked a few years into PS2 release, internet went down, next day when i logged back in.. all my items/gil was gone, r/e items dropped.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-06-27 17:41:10  
Not mine but damn
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By missdivine 2020-06-27 18:53:29  
mistakenly spent 7m buying an ice crystal for character verification didn't bother to msg the seller.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-27 18:55:52  
Shichishito said: »
share your stories on how you got screwed over in FFXI.
I got screwed over every time Squareenix did a thing...
[+]
By Xaander 2020-06-27 19:11:11  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
share your stories on how you got screwed over in FFXI.
I got screwed over every time Squareenix did a thing...
Can't remember the last time that happened.
[+]
 Asura.Nususu
サーバ: Asura
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2020-06-27 21:15:04  
Made many Empyrean weapons for linkshell leader. Any time I asked about making a harp, I was told “harp sucks,” be patient and we’ll make something for you. Faithful bard for over a year, helped make:
Ochain
Verethragna
Almace
Ukonvasara
Kannagi
Armageddon

Never got an empyrean, and he quit soon after. Not many people on the server liked him, and I should’ve taken that as a sign I’d never get anything out of it.
By ashcrow 2020-06-27 21:49:57  
Asura.Nususu said: »
Made many Empyrean weapons for linkshell leader. Any time I asked about making a harp, I was told “harp sucks,” be patient and we’ll make something for you. Faithful bard for over a year, helped make:
Ochain
Verethragna
Almace
Ukonvasara
Kannagi
Armageddon

Never got an empyrean, and he quit soon after. Not many people on the server liked him, and I should’ve taken that as a sign I’d never get anything out of it.
Thats why i always duod Abyssea with a Japanese blue we would get our ki and than pop nm's together. that's how i finished Almace, and yea old asura,i think he was called wonsan, and i did remamber there were abyssea rotation's in ls's never liked those never trust them.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2020-06-27 22:00:33  
I could write a small book about getting screwed over in XI, since this thread covers so many things that we only sucked up as a community since we didn't know any better such as old Dyna structure, or how even Empyrean farming was taking nearly a full alliance just to farm a single person's upgrade under the guise that it was the best way, while someone dual or triboxing could make the same progress with MNK/WHM/THF at points.

My most recent act of being screwed over is kind of mild in that I had some pals convince me to jump to Asura to play with them, only to plop down the transfer fee and have them never play with me at all or even log in when I'm on. Now I'm stuck on a server I never really wanted to be on beyond the functional AH and friends, but with only half that equation. I had another pal jump over to the server, but he joined a high-end LS where they constantly call him a gimp because he's not spending 100M+ a month into upgrading his DRK, so that pal got screwed as well, and I can't join that group because this late into the game Idris GEO are like pocket BRDs of olde at this point.

Another time I was screwed over like someone tossed into a dryer that turned on was the Empyrean days, since I did like others in this thread and joined a group where everyone had a target weapon. All I wanted that entire time was to make Almace, but the guy who started the group after we broke off from another group called dibs on it first. A month or two later after he finishes and he declares he won't do duplicates in this group after he finishes what was obviously one of the most demanded weapons, so I was SoL in this case and still held on trying to nudge him to change his mind or at least let me do Ochain, but he declared shield/harp were too much work, and still I stayed. Then all the sudden the token female player pops up and wants both for her PLD, so you better believe this guy shifted gears and started working on both of them in place of other member's stuff, since we had a pecking order we were working on at the time. She didn't show up regularly, so we didn't work on her Sword/Shield too often, and she ultimately left the group for reasons I don't know. By this point it was clear the group could do it for additional Sword / Shield farming, but instead the leader told me I could take the staff, Hvergelmir, since nobody else claimed it. Months of showing up nearly daily and also being an officer and I thought "buddy buddy" just to get one of the last weapons made in the group because nobody else wanted it. It's a nice lockstyle piece nowadays, and I admit it helped me with Alexander casting in the past due to all the +MP on it, but they couldn't even get me to 90 with it so I could use the WS freely these days, just stuck at 85 since we were farming +2 materials for 18 people and I was the only one who didn't want the tusks to go to waste.

The biggest "I got screwed over" would be the time I met a gal from the game in person and ended up moving in with her, only for her to announce to the HNMLS we were a part of that both of us were quitting XI, mostly because she was starting college and couldn't stand to have it around as a distraction. As soon as I signed the ink for an apartment for both of us, she started crazy demands like that, and then she started repeatedly threatening to kill me because she caught me resubbed to the game and playing it, because it was my favorite hobby and destressor at that point in time, on top of me never saying I was going to quit the game. Things just became worse and worse to the point that I wasn't allowed to play games when she was home, and I couldn't even use the TV when she went to the bedroom to sleep since she claimed the light would keep her awake, even though the bedroom was on the other side of the living room wall and had a door. I was only allowed to play handheld games so she could have free reign over the sole TV and PS3, though I was allowed to watch her play whatever she wanted. Fast forward and we break up by Thanksgiving, and she demands I go with her to her parent's house for the holiday, but I refuse since we're not a couple anymore and I have to work Black Friday the next day, so she starts screaming and throwing things and pegs me in the face with an old Nokia that was built like a brick, so that's when I had to get things rolling to get out of there. I was gone two days later, and after paying money to break my part of the lease, she had some new guy in there just two weeks later. It took a bit to get back on my feet after that since I sold almost all my stuff before moving to help cover fees for the apartment and moving, but I rubbed that monkey paw and lived with it, since this was over a decade ago. The only relationship I've ever been graced with and it feels more like she just wanted someone to cosign the apartment at the end of the day.
[+]
By Xaander 2020-06-27 22:33:15  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
The biggest "I got screwed over" would be the time I met a gal from the game in person and ended up moving in with her, only for her to announce to the HNMLS we were a part of that both of us were quitting XI, mostly because she was starting college and couldn't stand to have it around as a distraction. As soon as I signed the ink for an apartment for both of us, she started crazy demands like that, and then she started repeatedly threatening to kill me because she caught me resubbed to the game and playing it, because it was my favorite hobby and destressor at that point in time, on top of me never saying I was going to quit the game. Things just became worse and worse to the point that I wasn't allowed to play games when she was home, and I couldn't even use the TV when she went to the bedroom to sleep since she claimed the light would keep her awake, even though the bedroom was on the other side of the living room wall and had a door. I was only allowed to play handheld games so she could have free reign over the sole TV and PS3, though I was allowed to watch her play whatever she wanted. Fast forward and we break up by Thanksgiving, and she demands I go with her to her parent's house for the holiday, but I refuse since we're not a couple anymore and I have to work Black Friday the next day, so she starts screaming and throwing things and pegs me in the face with an old Nokia that was built like a brick, so that's when I had to get things rolling to get out of there. I was gone two days later, and after paying money to break my part of the lease, she had some new guy in there just two weeks later. It took a bit to get back on my feet after that since I sold almost all my stuff before moving to help cover fees for the apartment and moving, but I rubbed that monkey paw and lived with it, since this was over a decade ago. The only relationship I've ever been graced with and it feels more like she just wanted someone to cosign the apartment at the end of the day.

The internet giveth, and the internet taketh away your dignity in exchange. A friend of mine on Bismarck in the old days met a girl on FFXI and they were inseparable for years. Guy asks girl to marry him, she says yes. Me and another friend drive a few states over to his wedding. It was... an interesting experience, but they seemed happy. Girl apparently has a hardcore internet addiction (sounds standard for denizens of the interwebs, but she couldn't hold down a job because of it from what I understood). Girl's family asks him to help her ease off it and he tries gradually to help. Maybe a month or two into the marriage, she runs off with a random person on the internet in another country. Guy was so depressed, he's calling me like every day telling me he's going to kill himself. Each time, I talked him back to a level head, but he started questioning his entire life and signed up to work on one of those fishing boats that is out at sea for months at a time. Never heard from him again. If he survived his grief, I really hope and pray he's doing well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-27 22:52:03  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
she started repeatedly threatening to kill me
HOT.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-06-28 02:07:10  
Chilzen, im sorry to read your stories man. I hope you the best.

Ive been in some toxic ls's and I dont understand some People in being sarcastic too much and not Just focus on having fun.

Sarcasm for me removes the opportunity to connect more.
By ryukin182 2020-06-28 03:46:56  
once joined a party on sam. was back when it still took a while to get to a camp. equipment was average, nothing fancy like o.kote or jujitsu gi but i brought food and paid attention.
a couple minutes in some taru BLM casts warp II and i get kicked out without a word.
Man i dont get those people. Ive seen it happen to people in my party and they laugh like its funny or some ***.
By ryukin182 2020-06-28 04:08:18  
I got hacked in 2009? 2010? Sometime in march. I submitted a ticket to SE. After a few weeks of nothing i send an email. I git what was the standard "we are looking into it stop asking". Month goes by, anothsr email, same reply. Cue this for 6 months i give up emailing SE. The next year, i got a surprise email thay my account is usuable again, but since its been so long they can no longer roll back due to how long ago the investigation started. Im still pissed off about this.

Another time i was camping heqet, and this dude started training all the frogs i was killing in the downtime as i was building lights. I manage to make my own train again and then i get a 24h ban for greifing him, so the gm says. Even though i was there first, and he legir harassed me.

Another time was aces helm. I really wanted it, and i was saving my ls points to lot it if it dropped. Thing is, no one camps it in our ls. So i started camping it and i have a *** ton of points, it pops one day and im kiting it as nin in full tank gear earth staff yada for 30 min before ppl finished what they were doing to come help. In this time someone let another member of our ls whi also wanted it and had more points than me to log on because i got the nm. He got it. All those days camping and sitting there and holding the nm and all that trash just to be told no i cant lot because some *** *** let some dude who wasnr even planning on logging in know.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
サーバ: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-06-28 07:26:17  
Had some minor ones like my CoP static replacing me after telling me it was fine to take a week's break for travel, and the Sky LS convincing me (by far leading in points) to let a PLD have the first cuisses to "help the LS" and then disbanding as soon as he got them.

The worst was being dumped by the only people you considered friends. Early on, I found an LS and within that we had a static who did everything together. We exp'd up, we did missions. I only played with these people and almost nobody else, so I was very reliant on them both socially and for progress. One day, they invite me to the PT just to tell me that I'm no longer a part of it. I think it was to do with having a personality clash with one member, and our job setup not being ideal. It was quite upsetting, I felt like I'd gotten too far in the game without networking with others and was a bit lost. I quit the game for the first time shortly after and it has affected my views on online friendship ever since.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-06-28 11:25:24  
So at one point I was having an extended vacation but brought my laptop so could still help ls out some. Warned them sometimes might have to afk. No problem for awhile. Anyways one run I come back from afk pearl broken... seems not all of them realized I was afk and they went to kill something that they couldn't do without my extra firepower and wiped or something and I got blamed.

Let's see for a long while I couldn't play much so making gil was hard but managed to level goldsmithing up back before everyone did and managed to effectively corner the market on elemental beads. To the point where I managed even to fight the people trying to raise prices of the ore. Made decent money without too much time that way. Had to leave the game for a few months... and others obviously moved in and had made it completely unprofitable

Had one social/eg shell where we wre all pretty much friends and almost everyone besides me knew each other irl... in fact most were related or were/had been dating. Went well for while then I almost all of them decided to quit the game at the same time. Only 1 core guy a new gf and the other not irl friends person left and other 2 were just there for the casual stuff. And rest quit over the next few weeks. Talked to a couple of them off the game but one looks like when full mia even from his family and other started going crazy and deleted account. Worst part is a lot of the stuff we did was posted on some kind of guild forum that's probably defunct now but I can't for the life of me remember the one.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeo
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeo 2020-06-28 12:30:03  
Delagyela said: »
I fought the law and the law won
I needed money, but I had none.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-28 12:51:06  
one time a ghorn brd gave his login info to others in his ls so they could use him to help with hnm's or w/e. tl;dr, they changed his pw on him and that was the last i heard of it.
 Asura.Vanixim
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-06-28 14:21:28  
Let a "friend" borrow Lu Shang's Rod when Lu Shang's Rod was basically a REMA in terms of effort required to obtain.

Yep, shame on me. Obviously it didn't end very well, but it was a reminder that had real life applications into my future so I'd say the reminder had paid for itself a 100 fold.
[+]
By Taint 2020-06-28 14:57:26  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I was like 100k away from buying a Heubergeon back in the day before one Christmas and figured I'd just farm the rest after leaving town for like 4 days. I came back and that ***went from like 600k to 11 *** million with that inflation.

I also remember my buddy doing relic trials when they were like 5000 kills and ***....felt bad for him.

10500 kills (and at first you couldnt team up) and yes all of us that spent months doing them got screwed over. That was some satanic SE BS.
[+]
 Bahamut.Afin
user: afin
By Bahamut.Afin 2020-06-28 17:51:48  
2 years. 0/25 on bahamuts mask, and it dropped every mf time i wasn't there
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-06-28 17:57:26  
I bought PS2 FFXI the day it launched back in the US back in March 2004, at a Target. As you may recall, the game came with the PS2 HDD (required to play). Well, I took the box out to my car and excitedly opened it up to check it out before I got home... and it contained the PS2 game and a rock that was approximately the weight of a hard drive. Of course, I brought it back inside immediately to get an exchange... and Target thought I was trying to rip them off and called their store security on me, saying that I would have opened the box in the store if I was telling the truth (what??). They eventually did believe me and swapped it out for a replacement after reviewing story security footage and being pretty obnoxious.

Anyway, I played FFXI for like 10 days with some stupid Elvaan character, then the hard drive died. Had to send it back to Sony for a repair, took over a month. I didn't actually restart playing the game until like November of that year (with my current character!). Surprised I kept going after that cluster____ of a start to my FFXI experience.

Runner up would be the time my wife didn't pick me up from work and I walked home because she was busy healing a pickup Divine Might group... (I actually find that story quite funny now, but it wasn't nearly as amusing during my hour and a half walk home).
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-28 18:04:53  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
... and it contained the PS2 game and a rock that was approximately the weight of a hard drive.
Dude. Indiana Jones stole your HDD!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-28 19:03:14  
Odd, I've heard that story like a dozen times.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]