On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24
By DaneBlood 2020-12-25 16:05:51  
looking to improve my nopotency set which is a combination of conmP -emnity

besides
1 Mephitas's Ring +1
2 Shinjutsu-no-Obi +1

What else new strong ConMP pieces are there compared to the V2 guide ?
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-26 00:31:19  
For all our DD whms, Whm/dnc + Trust solo Gin. https://youtu.be/INKH-W_b5EE
[+]
 Phoenix.Gennss
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-12-30 10:25:06  
Aurist Cape +1 for enfeebling set?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-12-30 11:03:22  
Phoenix.Gennss said: »
Aurist Cape +1 for enfeebling set?
Yes
[+]
By eeternal 2021-01-05 10:37:16  
Would Volt Armor from Jeuno be bis for idle meva/status alignment resistance? how effective is +60 resistance?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-05 10:45:01  
eeternal said: »
Would Volt Armor from Jeuno be bis for idle meva/status alignment resistance? how effective is +60 resistance?
It's halved against NM's so +30 those fights. But I think +1 resist = +1 meva. Set still has high Meva in general, so decent choice.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-01-05 10:47:15  

Inyanga +2 set would be better, I think someone measured resistance stat and it was less valuable than magic evasion. EDIT: Looked a bit closer and some pieces might beat Inyanga +2 on meva alone, Volte hands is higher.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52486/meva-vs-stat-resist-vs-ele-resists/ Here's a thread diving a bit more into the details that might have what you're looking for. At a quick glance it looks like the Resistance+ value on these pieces are halved against NMs but might help more against fodder.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-01-05 11:00:56  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
It's halved against NM's so +30 those fights. But I think +1 resist = +1 meva. Set still has high Meva in general, so decent choice.
Thank you, if its +1 resist = +1 meva then only volt hands would be bis, as Inyanga +2 would be better in the other 4 slots.

I thought +resist would have a separate check than meva
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-01-05 11:07:26  
Could alternately go with Volte Gloves:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/23718/volte-gloves

Little less meva and no status resist but still beats out Inyanga +2 hands in meva AND offers idle refresh. I find that I spend extended periods in my meva/DT set and the hit to idle refresh is noticeable, so that's a tradeoff I'd make.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-05 12:43:43  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
No, +1 resist = 1% chance to flat out block a spell regardless of resistance (0.5% on NMs). It gives you the same Resist! message that Resist Traits do.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-01-05 12:51:20  
that's about 60% chance of resisting or 30% against nms, that's really significant then... Jeuno volt might be the best for meva idle
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-01-05 13:19:05  

It does but +resist is a very different thing then MACC/MEVD.

A monster casts a spell at you, it first does the MACC/MEVD check and if it passes it rolls against percentile resistance, which is +resist. This is apparent when we cast against monsters with percentile resistances because we get an immunobreak message.

Honestly due to how much +resist is nerfed on things we care about, I'd take the massive +MEVD Inyanga +2 has.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-05 13:35:38  
Immunobreaks work against a third type of status resist that only monsters have; Resist Traits are completely separate.

Mob-specific Status Resist (like Maju's resistance to Blind) are a fixed (often 100%) resist rate that gets reduced by each Immunobreak you land. These resists will just give you the standard resist message when you come up against them.

Resist Traits (like Dynamis PLD Beastmens' Resist Sleep) are also fixed resist rates, but they're a separate term, and can't be reduced by anything. When you hit one of these, you'll get a special Resist! message in the log, just like player Resist traits and things like Dagon Breastplate's Resist Slow.

Of particular note, Stymie will always bypass Status Resist, but still has the normal fixed chance of getting blocked by mob Resist Traits.
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-01-05 14:46:36  
Asura.Saevel said: »

It does but +resist is a very different thing then MACC/MEVD.

A monster casts a spell at you, it first does the MACC/MEVD check and if it passes it rolls against percentile resistance, which is +resist. This is apparent when we cast against monsters with percentile resistances because we get an immunobreak message.

Honestly due to how much +resist is nerfed on things we care about, I'd take the massive +MEVD Inyanga +2 has.

It's been a while since I tested it but I THINK the Resist! check goes first. Nonetheless, you're probably right about the Inyanga gear. That MEVA is just too good to give up.

If you can muster together a decent resist set then you can get some interesting builds but it usually takes something crazy like an Omen body to really shine. Here's a fun one that I did for WHM a while back.

ItemSet 372710

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52250/resist-testing/5/
By eeternal 2021-01-05 14:52:59  
I am not sure, I have been doing trove mimic lately, and I have been getting silenced every time out of 6 times and I had Shamash Rope (+90 resist) as an idle set.

Does that mean that I was just unlucky that 45% resist silence did not proc or was it that resist trait aren't that much?
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-01-05 14:59:47  
I am not sure, I have been doing trove mimic lately, and I have been getting silenced every time out of 6 times and I had Shamash Rope (+90 resist) as an idle set.

Does that mean that I was just unlucky that 45% resist silence did not proc or was it that resist trait aren't that much?

It's only a 45% chance on an NM. You need to stack at least 180 Resist Silence (or 160 + 10 from food since food is not subject to that penalty). I can still be silenced but I certainly notice the set kicking in.

I'm more interested in how other Resist!s work. Resist death, charm, and Terror are the big ones I'm looking at. Many of these are rarely seen outside of NMs. What little reading I've seen has raised questions about whether or not things like the Staunch Tathlum affect them. Also, if something like the Warden's Ring says '"Death" resistance +10' is that cut in half on NMs? I need to go mess with the Dyna-Beaucidine boss to test it out.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-05 15:13:46  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »

It's only a 45% chance on an NM. You need to stack at least 180 Resist Silence (or 160 + 10 from food since food is not subject to that penalty). I can still be silenced but I certainly notice the set kicking in.

I'm more interested in how other Resist!s work. Resist death, charm, and Terror are the big ones I'm looking at. Many of these are rarely seen outside of NMs. What little reading I've seen has raised questions about whether or not things like the Staunch Tathlum affect them. Also, if something like the Warden's Ring says '"Death" resistance +10' is that cut in half on NMs? I need to go mess with the Dyna-Beaucidine boss to test it out.
The only resist death testing I'm aware of is, well, mine. lol.

Unfortunately, I tested Shadow Ring, which doesn't have a stated value, so my testing can't show if the stated value is halved or not. <,<;; Shadow ring proc rate is boss though. freaking 25% on a ring.

I can say with fair confidence that Resist all ailment does NOT work on death. Resist death only.

So far as I know resist charm works just like any other status resist. Although, I do know of at least 2 charm sources that ignore resist charm and fealty completely, so there are outliers.
 Phoenix.Gennss
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2021-01-05 19:49:56  
Is it just me, or does Maxentius hit harder than Mjollnir R0 and Tishtrya R0?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-06 11:01:39  

I tried the same with Onca Suit on Sovereign Behemoth. Still got stunned like nobody's business.

There are specific items that don't appear to give the actual resist trait, but something else. My money is on magic evasion.

The Omen bodies, and other items with +80 or more of a single resist type, seem to fall into that category. So it's probably something like +90 magic evasion against Silence. Or it's just broken completely and doesn't do anything.

As for Volte vs Inyanga, I use the Volte Bracers and everything else is Inyanga. Inyanga has refresh too, as a nice little tie-breaker.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-06 11:22:21  
Dagon Breastplate at least does give the actual resist trait (I get Resist! messages all the freaking time with it on). What seems to be happening in at least some cases is that certain enemy abilities have the special property of ignoring resist traits.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-06 11:45:03  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I tried the same with Onca Suit on Sovereign Behemoth. Still got stunned like nobody's business.

Unity NMs have absurdly high magic accuracy, so much that even using the highest amount of magic evasion/resist trait possible will not do anything to overcome the debuff they use. I remember stacking as much Meva as possible vs various UNMs: Azrael, Sov. Behemoth, Lumber Jill. I was never able to resist Hex Eye's paralyze, Behemoth's stun, or Lumber Jill's breakga once (i was truly shocked i did not resist one move in dozens of uses). But Koru Moru (who has the Resist Petrify trait but only enough magic evasion for a normal 119 trust) was able to resist Lumber Jill's breakga a good handful of times (like 4/10 or so). So I started to wonder if Trusts get the full benefit of Resist traits when a monster uses a debuff on them, vs when a player has the same amount of resist trait. Idk, seemed weird.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-06 12:17:53  
But did you actually have those resist traits to compare? Stacking MEVA works differently.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-06 13:00:07  
As mentioned, resist traits are halved against NM's. Tests on what the cap is were inconclusive but assuming the cap on "Resist [Status]" such as Omen bodies' +90 were a jumping off point, you would need to stack +180 Resist in order to reach the cap.

Also, certain NM's just completely ignore it in special cases such as Absolute Terror.

Some Status Effects are tied to a TP move's damage, so you would need to evade the damage in order to not be afflicted.

Status Effects from Gaze Attacks are 100% accuracy if not turned around or under special circumstances. ie. Casting Blind on Peistes.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-06 13:42:26  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Some Status Effects are tied to a TP move's damage, so you would need to evade the damage in order to not be afflicted.
I'd like to see an example of this if you have one. Cause I have never seen this to be the case. Having sentinel or invincible up and taking 0 damage never makes additional effects on damaging spells or ws fail to land.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-06 14:08:33  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'd like to see an example of this if you have one. Cause I have never seen this to be the case. Having sentinel or invincible up and taking 0 damage never makes additional effects on damaging spells or ws fail to land.

The AOE + Gravity move from wave 2 Dyna D bastok NM's comes to mind. Maybe.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-06 15:17:47  
Keep in mind there's evading and mitigating. If you reduce to 0, as far as I know, that doesn't help you resist the ailment like Martel said. But if you evade it entirely, obviously the ailment won't hit you.

Asura.Geriond said: »
Dagon Breastplate at least does give the actual resist trait (I get Resist! messages all the freaking time with it on).
That's very interesting, because Shamash has never once given me the Resist! message on silence. I have to use magic evasion to resist it. Are you positive you don't have some other source of Resist Slow that's proccing?

It's possible Shamash is just broken, and is supposed to give the trait.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-06 18:05:19  
Evade not take 0 damage.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-06 18:41:21  
Evade not take 0 damage.
Ahh, excellent. Just me failing to read. Carry on.

... But in that case, it's not really tied to the move's damage is it? It's tied to the move landing. So that phrasing is a bit off.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-06 22:46:25  
Evade not take 0 damage.
Ahh, excellent. Just me failing to read. Carry on.

... But in that case, it's not really tied to the move's damage is it? It's tied to the move landing. So that phrasing is a bit off.
That's fair. Upon second reading I could have phrased that statement better.

But yes, essentially, for certain physical TP moves with a Status Effect attached, the only way to avoid the Status Effect is to evade the move entirely.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24