On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24
By DaneBlood 2022-02-05 15:40:56  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Why would you need enmity down in arise set focused on capping recast time I assume during a wipe or something?

No need for enmity- in arise. who said that you needed enmity in an arise set?
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-05 15:42:38  
DaneBlood said: »
it just happens to be in the set above i sacrificed some Fastcast for enmity

Edit: I get you also get some ConMP was more wondering what you pointed out enmity
By DaneBlood 2022-02-05 15:54:46  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Edit: I get you also get some ConMP was more wondering what you pointed out enmity

I pointed out that my set had more enmity why replacing the body with the ambuscade body would give 1 more fastcast as enmity is not needed for arise.

My suggest set is not an arise specific set, but a nopotency set. That why I suggested some changes to better fit it for arise.

keeping the ambu body and replacing ear and ammo slot in my suggested set should hit the fast cast cap easily but a lot of conmp too boot compared to the previous shown set
[+]
 Odin.Lawii
サーバ: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2022-02-05 18:18:59  
I guess my post here was mostly about recast times. I agreed with Nariont in my next post if you want to change out equipment for CMP that is fine. My personal preference is DT as a secondary attribute after recast time being capped, which ultimately the set reflects. I am sure better sets exist, and people can judge the trade off in the multitude of side grades to pick from. You seem to favor CMP which is fine, and respectable for a MP heavy spell like arise.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-22 12:08:22  
Raetic +1 vs Chatoyant staff is the difference in cures noticeable? I see it said that raetic can be dangerous does the increade MP consumption negate what you would get back from empy pants?
By Chimerawizard 2022-03-22 12:13:33  
Asura.Topace said: »
Raetic +1 vs Chatoyant staff is the difference in cures noticeable? I see it said that raetic can be dangerous does the increade MP consumption negate what you would get back from empy pants?
It makes empy pants break even point a higher cure value.
If I remember right, Cure4 isn't free w/ it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-03-22 12:26:59  
The diference is noticeable yes. You can usually downgrade your cures one level generally (I.E. use Cure 3 instead of Cure 4). It's not as MP efficient definitely, but for 99% of content you almost don't have to be MP efficient anymore.

I've found in Odyssey now, that I run more in DT instead of Refresh, and I cure in more DT now. If you're spamming agas without Refresh gear, and such, you'll definitely feel the extra MP from raetic.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2022-03-22 12:39:33  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
The diference is noticeable yes. You can usually downgrade your cures one level generally (I.E. use Cure 3 instead of Cure 4). It's not as MP efficient definitely, but for 99% of content you almost don't have to be MP efficient anymore.

I've found in Odyssey now, that I run more in DT instead of Refresh, and I cure in more DT now. If you're spamming agas without Refresh gear, and such, you'll definitely feel the extra MP from raetic.
So is the main utility of the club that you can use a cure spell with less recast time? The cast time of all the cure spells don't differ that much, but the recast do.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-03-22 12:51:52  
There are a couple things that it provides.

+50 HP to base cure power is really what makes it good. That, paired with the CP II on it makes it just really good all around. When compared to the same spell, it provides a demonstrable difference in amount cured.

Recast isn't an issue imo, even on the highest cures, you should be casting with enough haste/fc that you can basically spam the same cure on lockout imo. Even Cure 4/5 I have never had issues with.

Edit: All that being said, my personal opinion is that Raetic is not "worth" it in that Chant staff is roughly 1M gil, and Raetic +1 is like 40M gil. My Personal Opinion is that Raetic +1 is for career WHMs or people that just don't have anything else to spend gil on. It is definitely not needed for whm.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-03-22 14:09:25  
The only time I've considered purchasing Raetic+1 is for Gaol fights. In V15/20 content, having to rely on non-weather cure sets hurts, and it hurts even more to be under the effect of double dark weather. Raetic+1 can make up for this loss of potency, with minimal MP risk as your Bard is typically giving you Soul Voice Ballad 3.

That being said, I've cleared all V15/20 without it as WHM or SCH, so I can't really say it's *needed*. You're just fine using Iridal/Chatoyant Staff when you're under the effect of Aurorastorm.
By DaneBlood 2022-03-23 23:21:15  
Asura.Topace said: »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xnC7ETVxBDQ5jIgE7umoyryc6cL0VZyoUUe99QJrOIU/edit?usp=sharing
compare you set with and without to your hearts desires

Persobnaally after doing a lot of math of raetic+ vs weather staff i came to this personal conclusion
1: use raetic for cure 1-4 buy use weather staff for 5-6
2: if i am below 50% MP my cures always use weather staff

ItemSet 365112
ItemSet 377736
ItemSet 379891

i suqeeze in as much ConMP *** possible in slots that can't help cures. except for neck. relic +2 collar always for that sweet enmity- and fastcst/recast reduction

If you dont hve the janniston ring. use the loop from VR
if you dont have weather effect, put in the unity conserve MP belt
if you dont have weather for curaga put in fi follet cape +1
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2022-03-24 03:36:45  
DaneBlood said: »
If you dont hve the janniston ring. use the loop from VR
Use the what now?
By Nariont 2022-03-24 03:50:34  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Naji's_Loop
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gennss
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2022-04-06 23:52:37  
ItemSet 384229
For equipsets, I think this works ok right?

I don't see a lot of people using Hygieia clogs +1, but they look great augmented. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-07 00:15:24  
You can easily cap cure potency without them and/or get cure pot II as well. Recasts on cures are already low and you can cycle through at least 4 of em. While the fast cast you seem to have prioritized is better than nothing,you're basically wearing nothing for cures in multiple slots.
You can get cure pot 15 from nq Kaykaus feet easier than pissing gil away on all those hide stacks.
I'm guessing that your whm cape is cure potency, but you could have just used a cure potency head that may or may not also have -emnity instead of tossing gil away on the relig+3 head . You'd actually have even more -emnity if you had different cape augs while plopping some easily obtainable cure potency on the head in a few cases.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-04-07 02:23:05  
Ragnarok.Gennss said: »
ItemSet 384229
For equipsets, I think this works ok right?

I don't see a lot of people using Hygieia clogs +1, but they look great augmented. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
I've thought about adding an more advanced set for equipsets cure. But haven't looked into it yet. And the big reason I haven't included The Clogs yet are the price to RP them.
By SimonSes 2022-04-07 03:00:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
You can easily cap cure potency without them and/or get cure pot II as well. Recasts on cures are already low and you can cycle through at least 4 of em. While the fast cast you seem to have prioritized is better than nothing,you're basically wearing nothing for cures in multiple slots.
You can get cure pot 15 from nq Kaykaus feet easier than pissing gil away on all those hide stacks.
I'm guessing that your whm cape is cure potency, but you could have just used a cure potency head that may or may not also have -emnity instead of tossing gil away on the relig+3 head . You'd actually have even more -emnity if you had different cape augs while plopping some easily obtainable cure potency on the head in a few cases.

Doesn't his set is based on the fact that you cant switch fast enough from precast to midcast, because of 1 sec limit in equipset? That's why he needs both fastcast for precast and everything else for midcast in one set right?
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-04-07 03:28:55  
SimonSes said: »
Doesn't his set is based on the fact that you cant switch fast enough from precast to midcast, because of 1 sec limit in equipset? That's why he needs both fastcast for precast and everything else for midcast in one set right?

With equipset you can do

/equip head xxx
/equip body xxx
/equip feet xxx
/equip ring xxx
/ma "Cure IV" <t>
/equipset xx

this way you will start casting Cure IV in 4 pieces of Fast Cast then change to equipset xx in a fraction of a second later. Its limited to 4 pieces of FC gear though due to macro limit.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-07 05:15:18  

That explains a great deal about what I was seeing at 2 in the morning.
I'd still opt for -emnity or fast cast on the whm cape instead since you can use 2 cure potency earrings that also have cure cast time on them instead for cure pot +11~12 while gaining slightly more fast cast from the cape alone.

Depending on how much they like the extra spell speed they can swap the hands to af hands for more potency II.
As much as I loathe the pinga set, the +2 neck and hide usage makes me guess they can afford to +1 some pinga and use that to switch things up on the head and hands when it comes to fast cast as well. Or for the cheaper options, Vanya hood with it's cure pot and fast cast +10. I'd rather 10% fast cast over 15% cure speed generally when it frees up more slots for fast cast.

I puzzled through things a little and one can overcap potency a little for some slight improvements
Queller path D
Vanya/Pinga+1
Pinga hands for the fastcast/pot
119 cure clogs

I'd have preferred one of the earrings instead of hands(and you can use af hands+2/3 in said case), but I think that might do. You can change up the shield for the fast cast one from some random adoulin NM. Changes to shield, back, and head could net you about 23% fast cast in gear while losing 10% cast time if you used an earring? Having to work around queller rod's cure potency augment is a pain in the ***. It would be so much simpler if you had a raetic rod or daybreak so that you can just ignore cure potency after your augmented clogs.
 Ragnarok.Gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2022-04-07 14:07:50  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

That explains a great deal about what I was seeing at 2 in the morning.
I'd still opt for -emnity or fast cast on the whm cape instead since you can use 2 cure potency earrings that also have cure cast time on them instead for cure pot +11~12 while gaining slightly more fast cast from the cape alone.

Depending on how much they like the extra spell speed they can swap the hands to af hands for more potency II.
As much as I loathe the pinga set, the +2 neck and hide usage makes me guess they can afford to +1 some pinga and use that to switch things up on the head and hands when it comes to fast cast as well. Or for the cheaper options, Vanya hood with it's cure pot and fast cast +10. I'd rather 10% fast cast over 15% cure speed generally when it frees up more slots for fast cast.

I puzzled through things a little and one can overcap potency a little for some slight improvements
Queller path D
Vanya/Pinga+1
Pinga hands for the fastcast/pot
119 cure clogs

I'd have preferred one of the earrings instead of hands(and you can use af hands+2/3 in said case), but I think that might do. You can change up the shield for the fast cast one from some random adoulin NM. Changes to shield, back, and head could net you about 23% fast cast in gear while losing 10% cast time if you used an earring? Having to work around queller rod's cure potency augment is a pain in the ***. It would be so much simpler if you had a raetic rod or daybreak so that you can just ignore cure potency after your augmented clogs.

So it was also 2 AM for me. It seems merits for cast time count toward cap, so I'm overcapped there too. I do have a raetic rod, I was just trying to get to the 80% combined cap, and now I realize I don't really have to. is 60% in gear what i need to cap if i have 5/5 merits?
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-04-07 14:45:11  
Bahamut.Suph said: »

With equipset you can do

/equip head xxx
/equip body xxx
/equip feet xxx
/equip ring xxx
/ma "Cure IV" <t>
/equipset xx

this way you will start casting Cure IV in 4 pieces of Fast Cast then change to equipset xx in a fraction of a second later. Its limited to 4 pieces of FC gear though due to macro limit.

Is this accurate? You can get 4x FC pieces in a precast with gearsets? This is massive!
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-07 18:45:54  
So it was also 2 AM for me. It seems merits for cast time count toward cap, so I'm overcapped there too. I do have a raetic rod, I was just trying to get to the 80% combined cap, and now I realize I don't really have to. is 60% in gear what i need to cap if i have 5/5 merits?
I personally use barspell and regen merits and never looked back.
Perhaps https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21165/ababinili-1 is more to your liking if mp is a concern?
It's even got -dt when augmented.
By chrys 2022-04-07 18:51:40  

I didn't think you ever took Mjolnir off!

Using the 4-piece macro technique Suph posted it's pretty easy.

20 CCT from merits
8 CCT from gifts
47 FC from 4 pieces - Nahtirah Hat, Inyanga Body +2, WHM neck +2, and HQ Pinga pants

That puts you at combined 75/80 before counting subjob or weapon slots. If you're keeping the shield on between casts you're all set.
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-04-07 21:16:10  
Fenrir.Velner said: »
Bahamut.Suph said: »

With equipset you can do

/equip head xxx
/equip body xxx
/equip feet xxx
/equip ring xxx
/ma "Cure IV" <t>
/equipset xx

Is this accurate? You can get 4x FC pieces in a precast with gearsets? This is massive!

Well this is my macro

this is what happens when i hit it

This is my gear at the end of it (which is my equipset 40)

[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-04-07 21:21:27  
Can also be used to save equipset books like this

so you only use 1 equipset for singing buff songs instead of 2. Less of a problem now that they double equipset from 100 sets to 200 though

equip xxx after equipset also works

Ragnarok.Gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2022-04-08 21:26:12  
Is there a benefit of using fastcast over cure cast time?
By Nariont 2022-04-08 21:48:04  
For precast they function the same, with FC obviously being more universal in use. midcast FC lowers recast by 1/2 the FC listed, 10% FC would be 5% recast reduction as an example.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-22 19:51:55  
Are the zombie effects from Odyssey NMs non removable via sacrifice/bene? I've tried multiple times, some DDs seem to think it can but likely they are going by BG.

The status doesn't come up often enough for me to test on outside of ody.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-22 20:00:24  
Uptala uses it if you want to test it outside.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-05-22 20:21:17  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Are the zombie effects from Odyssey NMs non removable via sacrifice/bene? I've tried multiple times, some DDs seem to think it can but likely they are going by BG.

The status doesn't come up often enough for me to test on outside of ody.
You can 100% remove Zombie with Sacrifice when it's applied by Gigelorum's Debilitating Spout or Xevioso's Stinger Volley.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24