Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Shiva.Osborn
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2020-07-28 19:13:25  
Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
I assume I need to replace regal w/ Gere ring but otherwise I've just been messing around plugging in stuff to a spreadsheet

Sadly, RUN isn't on Gere :(
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-07-29 19:18:54  
Oh hah duh I didnt even check, just assumed it would be on there lol
By soralin 2020-08-11 00:37:21  
So I have been doing some fiddling with gear options, and Im curious on peoples thoughts regarding this 4 hit build with Epeo Dimidation spam

ItemSet 365991

Back augmented with PDT/Acc/Att/DA

Herc gear augmented with Triple Attack

Carmine feet Path D

by my calcs, with I believe 3 store TP on Dimidiation gear, you need 57 store tp on melee gear to achieve a 4 hit build with Epeo.

Now what I really want to do though is relieve my reliance on Dedition Earring, and perhaps instead use Telos earring instead, since Im kind of concerned about the low acc on this set (though there's always the option of just eating acc food more often)

If I swap to telos earring, I need to make up the store TP elsewhere, which has a few options.

A: Swap from Triple Attack +4 on one or two herc pieces, to Store TP+5. This loses me +8% hit rate, but lets me gain effectively +20 acc on the earring swap.

B: Swap from Ioskeha Belt +1 to Kentarch Belt +1. This gains me a net of +17 acc, but I lose 6% DA.

C: Swap from Fu. Bandeau +3 to Ayanmo Zucchetto +2, which makes me lose 3% DT, but I gain 6 store tp and a lot more acc, so I can drop Dedition earring and swap to Telos as well, for a total of +27 acc.

Thoughts?

Edit

Fiddled a bit more, I forgot about Carmine feet. They lack accuracy but the juicy life, Meva, Store TP, Double attack, and 4% PDT is pretty hard to pass up on them.

Swapping to them let me swap to Adhemar Wrist. +1, and a bit more fiddling is letting my also nearly cap my PDT anyways via Odnowa +1 earring, which I love the 10 acc, 3 DT, and +100 life it has. Such a solid earring!

Im still not entirely sure this whole set has enough acc, but its just over enough store TP as /sam to pull off a 4 hit, has a lot of double attack and triple attack, and effectively caps PDT/MDT (I think its at 49% PDT, just shy of capped)
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-11 09:54:38  
Honestly, my first thought is why a DA cape? DA doesn't play nice with mythic/ergon AM3. It's not worthless with AM3 up, but it does have severely diminished returns.
By Mrxi 2020-08-11 10:11:33  
that set and ones in op dont have enough enmity imo, should have closer to 70 with crusade up
By Crossbones 2020-08-11 10:11:46  
If I'm in a hybrid set I'm using turms hands and feet. Also use ayanmo head and megh legs. Probably wouldn't sub sam for hybrid either. Might as well call it a dps set with defensive capabilities focusing on 4 hit even at capped pdt if not using at least turms hands (IMO). Another thing to note is if you're planning on wsing very often you might as well set your hybrid tank hp at what your ws hp is at since that's effectively where you'll be most of the time, so don't gotta worry about hp as much (my ws set is around 2400 hp or so I think). That being said I like some of your choices in certain slots and I might play around with my sets here and there now that you've got me thinking about it.
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-11 18:46:41  
My primary goal in a hybrid set is:

First: Getting DT I as close to 50% as possible

Second: Having my Meva up high enough to frequently resists the majority of debuffs thrown at me

Third: Try and hit a 4 hit with Epeo

Fourth: Get that acc capped!

Fifth: Okay now we just stack the ***out of DPS best we can

On the note of DA not playing well with aftermath:

I think in a lot of content, I am not entirely sure I would aim to have AM3 up all the time. A lot of fights go so damn fast, wasting time getting AM3 up at the start of the fight doesnt seem great. I would likely design a totally seperate hybrid set for when AM3 is up, perhaps.

I wonder if its possible to pull off a 3 hit built with Epeo. By my calcs with 3 store tp on WS, you need a total of... 109 store tp to pull it off.

This set hits 110 Store Tp as /Sam

ItemSet 374867

However its sitting at only 39% PDT I, which is a little on the low side imo. But has pretty solid Meva and should cap MDT with Shell V so thats good.

Could theoretically swap from Adhemar gloves to Herc gloves for another 2% PDT, at a cost of 2% TA, but since we are leaning more into the AM3, TA has lost value.

6 Store TP on herc gloves would put us precisely at 109 store tp.
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-08-11 19:01:41  
Just make a STP cape for AM is up.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-08-11 19:16:12  
soralin said: »

I wonder if its possible to pull off a 3 hit built with Epeo. By my calcs with 3 store tp on WS, you need a total of... 109 store tp to pull it off.

This set hits 110 Store Tp as /Sam

ItemSet 374867

However its sitting at only 39% PDT I, which is a little on the low side imo. But has pretty solid Meva and should cap MDT with Shell V so thats good.

Could theoretically swap from Adhemar gloves to Herc gloves for another 2% PDT, at a cost of 2% TA, but since we are leaning more into the AM3, TA has lost value.

6 Store TP on herc gloves would put us precisely at 109 store tp.

I am not sure this is even necessary. While it is true that TA is devalued somewhat by AM3, it is far from useless. Giving up more TP/sec on average is generally a damage loss, so I would make sure you parse this out--record your data, etc. (Not saying STP shouldn't be preferred, I'm just not sure if it's worth pursuing 3-hit to the point that we are kneecapping everything else, including the aforementioned m.eva and other defensive stats.)

Not to mention by your own standards you are forcing pretty critical losses of M.eva here. Adhe +1 hands only have 43 magic evasion, and the M.eva on Aya head isn't great either.

Also I think it's fair to assume anyone that has the money for Arulgrmir Orb +1 should be able to manage Sherida Earring? It's not like people don't sell that.

I mean... we are pursuing Store TP so hard we aren't even using Utu.

Edit: Not to mention you aren't capping gear haste. Misread herc trousers as 4 for some reason.
By soralin 2020-08-11 20:11:29  
Why would we use Sherida? Telos seems better to offset the sets lowish acc, and Dedition is necessary to hit the TP threshold.

However now that Im eyeballing it, I have missed the fact that Dimidiation has respectable fTP scaling, so perhaps an x-hit build is not precisely necessary.

Since going over on TP doesnt hurt.

In which case I would want to mostly just aim to avoid Double Attack, and just focus on getting enough stp to go above a 4 hit, but being okay with Triple Attack. So yeah, Store Tp on the back, but then dropping Double Attack on my gear as best as I can.

Edit:

Actually after looking at it, with AM3 up the OAT proc makes you hit an average of 1.8 times.

So double attack still increases your net swings per round. It certainly devalues your double attack and triple attack sure, but, double attack doesnt lower DPS so its still fine to have, its not something to shy away from I see.

But Store TP definitely seems to outshine DA/TA in many spots, so its worth taking Store TP over DA when you can, where you can.

I dunno if its worth taking TA vs Store TP though, IE Herculean gear. You could choose between 3% TA or 6 Store TP on any herc slot.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-08-11 22:08:49  
Why would we use Sherida? Telos seems better to offset the sets lowish acc, and Dedition is necessary to hit the TP threshold.

However now that Im eyeballing it, I have missed the fact that Dimidiation has respectable fTP scaling, so perhaps an x-hit build is not precisely necessary.

Since going over on TP doesnt hurt.

In which case I would want to mostly just aim to avoid Double Attack, and just focus on getting enough stp to go above a 4 hit, but being okay with Triple Attack. So yeah, Store Tp on the back, but then dropping Double Attack on my gear as best as I can.

Edit:

Actually after looking at it, with AM3 up the OAT proc makes you hit an average of 1.8 times.

So double attack still increases your net swings per round. It certainly devalues your double attack and triple attack sure, but, double attack doesnt lower DPS so its still fine to have, its not something to shy away from I see.

But Store TP definitely seems to outshine DA/TA in many spots, so its worth taking Store TP over DA when you can, where you can.

I dunno if its worth taking TA vs Store TP though, IE Herculean gear. You could choose between 3% TA or 6 Store TP on any herc slot.

To be clear, I don't think it's "bad" I just think it's a trade... It's still a good set though. At first I was a little too critical because I thought there were more problems than there really were. I can say though, you may be able to swap out the Torque for Anu Torque + Yetshila. You'll get your acc/STP back, but gain 15 meva... You lose some stats in return though so it's really just personal taste.

I would say having a solid Store TP augment on Herc is something I overlooked and I'm now working on :p so cheers!

I'd say the earlier 4 hit build with a few swaps (like STP cape and Kentarch like you had in the later sets) looks pretty appealing to me. You may even be able to fit defending in with a few minor changes to ensure you are capping PDT and getting MDT to at least 24.
By soralin 2020-08-11 22:58:47  
The 4 hit setup I posted there is already hitting 48% PDT, and yeah I think Id just go with Store TP augments on the herc gear and the back, and swap to Kentarch belt because its got juicy acc.

I presume by Yetshila you meant Yamarang.

I do like the Meva on Yamarang and helps shore up the meva hit we have on the main pieces we are using.

So with some tweaking we are now looking at:

ItemSet 365991

Which has pretty strong Meva, courtesy of JSE neck and Yamarang, respectable acc, but also a whopping 91 store TP, which is not quite a three hit set, but a three hit isnt mandatory since Dimidiation has respectable ftp scaling anywho.

Store tp augmented on cape and herc gear of course.

So this will be a 4 hit + extra setup.

Also, achieves a solid 43% PDT I, which is a fair bit higher. I think thats pretty solid for striking a balance between offense and defense.

From my experience, Meva really does seem to be the most critical stat to maximizing DPS. I now mostly fulltime 5/5 malignance gear on my mnk, thf, dnc, etc, because Im finding my DPS skyrockets when Im able to outright resist amnesia, paralyze, stun, silence, etc etc.

Dodging those AoE debuffs is actually the biggest dps boost imo, so as a Rune fencer being able to deal out solid damage without sacrificing our meva (and thus being able to just shrug off paralyze, silence, etc) is clutch in being able to crush content.

Thats kind of my approach at least.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-12 03:18:18  
Since lunge/swipe can magic burst, does magic burst bonus gear also work for it?
By SimonSes 2020-08-12 04:20:11  
The 4 hit setup I posted there is already hitting 48% PDT, and yeah I think Id just go with Store TP augments on the herc gear and the back, and swap to Kentarch belt because its got juicy acc.

I presume by Yetshila you meant Yamarang.

I do like the Meva on Yamarang and helps shore up the meva hit we have on the main pieces we are using.

So with some tweaking we are now looking at:

ItemSet 365991

Which has pretty strong Meva, courtesy of JSE neck and Yamarang, respectable acc, but also a whopping 91 store TP, which is not quite a three hit set, but a three hit isnt mandatory since Dimidiation has respectable ftp scaling anywho.

Store tp augmented on cape and herc gear of course.

So this will be a 4 hit + extra setup.

Also, achieves a solid 43% PDT I, which is a fair bit higher. I think thats pretty solid for striking a balance between offense and defense.

From my experience, Meva really does seem to be the most critical stat to maximizing DPS. I now mostly fulltime 5/5 malignance gear on my mnk, thf, dnc, etc, because Im finding my DPS skyrockets when Im able to outright resist amnesia, paralyze, stun, silence, etc etc.

Dodging those AoE debuffs is actually the biggest dps boost imo, so as a Rune fencer being able to deal out solid damage without sacrificing our meva (and thus being able to just shrug off paralyze, silence, etc) is clutch in being able to crush content.

Thats kind of my approach at least.

While I totally agree with idea of meva helping dps, I totally not see this set to have decent meva. Imo it has terrible meva. Beside body, all other main pieces has one of the lowest meva in those slots on ilv 119 equip.

This whole set has like 392 meva. 3 pieces of Malignance have more. PLD meva set has like 700. Obviously RUN naturally has more meva than other jobs, but I dont think its enough to close such huge gap.
By soralin 2020-08-12 05:13:31  
SimonSes said: »
This whole set has like 392 meva. 3 pieces of Malignance have more. PLD meva set has like 700. Obviously RUN naturally has more meva than other jobs, but I dont think its enough to close such huge gap.

Ok so to make the comparison fair we want to compare a paladin hybrid to a run hybrid, sets that try to compromise between Offense and Defense.

This is my moderately optimized paladin hybrid set.

ItemSet 359870

It pulls in at a mean 517 meva.

I calculated my run hybrid set in at I believe 413 meva, to be precise. Both versions take 30 meva on the cape.

Unfortunately, Im just not seeing any proper hybrid pieces for rune fencer at the moment that simultaneously provide solid DPS stats like triple attack or store tp, and have respectable Meva.

The pieces I selected seem to be the best we can get, run cant use Volte or Malignance gear.

Or at least, the volte sets we *can* use are the ones that dont possess any form of DT on them, which makes it extremely difficult to pull off reasonable amounts of DT-

We would have to start using Defending Ring at minimum in order to fit Volte tier meva into the build, and that is going to sacrifice huge amounts of DPS.

Though Going from Herc pants to Volte tights is a solid upgrade. I will apply that, thats a good target to aim for. You lose 2% PDT and 2 Stp, but gain 32 meva, bringing us up to 445 meva. Getting better.

Let me put it this way:

Malignance gear is honestly just broken good. 5/5 malig gear nets you:

• +250 Accuracy

• -31% Damage Taken

• +51 Store TP

• +674 Meva

Not to mention the +20% Phys dmg limit

If you can find me a combo of head/body/hands/legs/feet for Rune Fancer that can pull off anything close to that, be my guest.

I dont think you can. Period. You have to pick 3/4 of those things, you cant have all four, unlike jobs that can use Malig gear.

No set of gear in the game atm can really compare to malig. It has everything, it covers all the bases, and has no "weakness" or "missing stat" on it.

The only other set worth comparing to it, is the Volte Haubert set (War/Pld/Drk)

5/5 of that set gives:

• +185 Accuracy

• -30%/-30% PDT/MDT

• +28% Double Attack

• +582 Meva

Thats cream of the crop hybrid gear for those jobs as well, and still falls quite a bit short of Malignance gear.

So yeah I mean, the only piece of hybrid gear we really get is Ashera Harness, which can compare.

But we dont have much in the head/hands/legs/feet slots. You have to choose between PDT/Meva/Store TP.

Can only really have 2/3 of them, cant have all three.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2020-08-12 05:23:16  
What augs do you have on the Herc Trousers?

samnuha tights have the same Meva more STP, DA/TA at the cost of 2 PDT so that might be worth while swap?
By soralin 2020-08-12 05:25:10  
Store TP augs on herc legs, so a total of Stp+10 on them.

Fairly sure Store TP herc legs would be Samnuha Tights when you have AM3 up, since TA/DA loses its value.
By soralin 2020-08-12 05:43:07  
What really sucks to realise is, with absolutely capped rune potency and mastered job, a rune fencer nets a resting meva about 251 Meva higher than other jobs, naked.

We have more Meva in our Gifts, and we sit at +252 Meva from our runes.

With 445 Meva on our hybrid set, and 251 "bonus" meva from being a Run, that puts us at a total of 696 meva...

5/5 Malig gear on a mastered melee job like mnk or thf or dnc has 674 Meva literally just from those 5 gear slots. Throw Eabanni earring, 30 from cape, and yamarang into the pile and they are raking in a smooth 727 Meva.

Thats utteraly ridiculous. And if they go /run for further resist boosting to really sell it, they can pull in another 58 resist of choice for a grand total of 785 meva.

Its kind of ridiculous how a Dnc/Run can actually out Meva a Run main and really demonstrates how off the charts Malig gear is.

Sure we can beat that with Turms gear and our Af/Relic sets, sure.

But in the process of doing all that, we lose all the store TP.

So yeah, I guess my point is... Lets not try and use Malig gear as a hybrid set benchmark.

Malig gear is *** broken and in a category completely all its own, and any job that cant wear malig gear has absolutely zero hope of ever making a gearset that compares to a dnc thf or mnk tossing malig gear and going "lol am tank now"
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-08-12 07:03:01  
Store TP augs on herc legs, so a total of Stp+10 on them.

Fairly sure Store TP herc legs would be Samnuha Tights when you have AM3 up, since TA/DA loses its value.

Herc has enm- though! What if you lose hate?!
By Crossbones 2020-08-12 09:54:56  
This is why I mentioned turms hands and feet earlier. No multi attack or dt sure, but tons of meva and accuracy. You get a little extra tp from extra parry chance but also get healed every time you parry. Imo resisting an extra aoe stun or paralyze or whatever is worth the stats in those two slots, even though adhemar hands are amazing.
By soralin 2020-08-13 01:27:52  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Since lunge/swipe can magic burst, does magic burst bonus gear also work for it?

Curious about this as well.

If it does indeed work, thoughts on this magic burst lunge set? How important would GSword skill gear be over other choices?

ItemSet 374872

(Herc gear augmented with Magic burst +8, matt)

Combatants torque, for example, instead of Warder's?

Looks like it takes +7 GSword skill about to get +1% dmg dealt? So combatants torque would give a mere +2%? Seems meh then yeah?

Though. Erilaz hands +1 give +28 skill, which should be about 4% more dmg.

Dunno how well Erilaz hands compare to Carmine+1, my gut instinct says Matt+42 beats +4% dmg though, likely yeah?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-13 01:45:15  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Curious about this as well.

If it does indeed work, thoughts on this magic burst lunge set? How important would GSword skill gear be over other choices?

ItemSet 374872

(Herc gear augmented with Magic burst +8, matt)

Combatants torque, for example, instead of Warder's?

Looks like it takes +7 GSword skill about to get +1% dmg dealt? So combatants torque would give a mere +2%? Seems meh then yeah?

Though. Erilaz hands +1 give +28 skill, which should be about 4% more dmg.

Dunno how well Erilaz hands compare to Carmine+1, my gut instinct says Matt+42 beats +4% dmg though, likely yeah?

I got my answer in game, MBB works. Elemental Affinity gear also works, so Weatherspoon/Archon/Pixie Hairpin +1. Was messing around with my NIN nuke MB set and was able to push 57k lunge MB on Apex Bat with trust just Star Sibyl.

Compared with your set, I used

Crematio over Friomisi

Baetyl Pendant over Warder +1

Herculean Trousers over Augury Cuisses +1 R15 (I have a very good MBB/MAB augment)

Herculean gloves over Carmine +1 hands (same as above)

Highwing Helm (don't have a Herculean Helm with MAB/MBB)

Ghastly Tathlum +1 (but I see Seething+1 should be significantly better)

Ring2 I used either Archon, Weatherspoon, or Shiva +1, depending on the element

Ogma's Cape Macc/Mdmg+20/MAB+10

The timers on Lunge(Swipe) don't really allow you to get too much out of it, so I figured its better to MB Lunge+Swipe for damage one big time when possible. 57k+11k is pretty nice chunk of damage.
By soralin 2020-08-13 02:19:23  
Does Magic Damage+ do anything for Lunge? Might be worth investigating.

If so, might be worth swapping in other items.

I almost wonder if its worth the TP hit to swap in Soulcleaver for the temp boost for a fat magic burst.

Should give 8% more dmg, so a 57K burst would become 61k, which might be worth losing a bit of TP over.

Edit: Actually wait forgot that Soulcleaver has much lower GSword skill, the loss of GSword skill would likely net little boost, might even cause a damage loss.

Opening with this at the start of a fight seems like an excellent way to rapidly build hate, also as a solid way to bump any type of weakness proc, especially if the target is weak to elemental damage. Plenty of geaes fete targets that would melt to us being able to solo burst 60K+ dmg (which likely would become 99K on them due to SDT)

Definitely seems worth building the set.

I dunno how much I would focus on the dark set, how many bosses out there get procced by dark damage?
By SimonSes 2020-08-13 02:30:14  
What are those mbb/mab augments Buuki?
By soralin 2020-08-13 02:37:56  
Best you could roll is Magic Burst Bonus+8 and up to Magic atk +25.

I dont think that will beat Carmine gloves or augury cuisses, especially since you already are hitting 36 MBB from the gear I laid out there.

So you are comparing what effectively works out to be:

Magic Burst Bonus +4 / Magic Atk+25

vs

Magic Atk +32 (carmine) or Magic Atk +46 (Augury)

Though since we only need +4, you could pellucid gloves and hit Matt+30 and you just need MBB+4 to cap out, and then you are solid.

So I suppose around +30 and MBB+4 would be ideal on gloves.

Then you definitely want Herc head, hands, and feet, and effectively speaking you just need a total of +20 MBB across the three of them.

Wait so I guess... you could pellucid all three of em then, since you just need +7, +7, and +6 on the three pieces, which means you could pull in a juicy +30 matk on all three pieces, yummy.

Now what I really wanna see is a AM3 Lionheart run with that gear popping off after a Radiance SC.

Build up 3K tp at before a high tier geas fete NM, Open with an AM3 Radiance SC, then pop off like a 40k Swipe and 99K Lunge.

I only just finished my epeo so I havent even remotely considered touching lionheart yet but my god the thought of doing that sounds appealing enough to set that as my next goal.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-13 03:17:12  
Dark matter augments

Herculean gloves
MAB+21, MBB+15%

Herculean trousers
macc+8, MAB+35, MBB+13%

Total is +46% magic burst bonus. I should be using locus ring for when I'm not using lux or tenebrae, but I wasn't for the test I did above. That would put me at 51% bonus damage
By soralin 2020-08-13 05:51:26  
Wait what? My god I didnt realize you could get that, holy ***at those MBB rolls.

You should be able to hit 40/40 MBB and then use the ring+body for the 13 MBB II, for a total of 53%.

I dont think you need Locus Ring, just use Herc Boots and helm with a total of MBB+12% between the two of them via Pellucid stone spam.

Then between your 4 herc pieces you'll be at 40/40 MBB I.

Herc helm easily beats Highwing helm for sure, and herc boots are also strong, since both of them have base matb on them already, so you can hit matb+40 on each potentially.

being able to drop locus ring, static earring, and Warder's on your setup is bananas, lets you stack even moar matb.
By SimonSes 2020-08-13 09:18:42  
You guys kinda overestimate mbb and underrate mab, especially at that low values of mab.

I would consider this as best set without dm augments.

ItemSet 374895

Assuming 35mab on each herculean and 20mbb on 3 pieces total

In case of your augments Buuki I dont see any easy way to use thrm for better damage I think. Maybe with beatyl and DM 50 mab feet over warder's and normal augment feet (im doing this on phone. Its hard to calculate things :(
By Crossbones 2020-08-13 09:24:49  
Lunge MB is quite strong. I remember bursting 99k lunges on apex crabs like 4 years ago and that was back when we had less gear options (although herc is still great). Now Orpheus sash exist and other ***, just can't find good times to use it outside of memes these days. If I'm expending runes it's usually to rayke / gambit. It's pretty easy to gear too if you play thf rng or cor, can just use your already existing mab gear and hit great numbers. I don't remember having a ton of mbb on rune when I was doing 99k on crabs but then again that's lolcrabs. For even higher numbers can equip naegling or something, I was using fettering blade for it in the past but that's super outdated now.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-13 11:36:57  
Nandaka?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15