2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 242 243 244
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 16:03:45  
Odin.Sudra said: »
The new set has four augment paths SE said. Unless you mean people are augmenting the current stuff because there’s only one path?

The new armor is rare/ex so you can only choose one path.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-03-09 16:05:51  
Guyford said: »
Nariont said: »
Can Proc a maximum of 2 times per Weapon Skill.

Seems accurate to me
And then it goes on to say for the main and off hand for DW and h2h hits, making it seem that these are the cases where it can proc twice. It also leaves out the fact that it can only proc once for single hit wses.
SimonSes said: »
Guyford said: »
It also leaves out the fact that it can only proc once for single hit wses.

This I can agree should be mentioned, but the quote about DW and H2H is for normal swings. Its not a page for "double attack during WS", but a page about double attack, so the description is not only for how it works on WS.

We are in receipt of your feedback, and will take it into consideration with the developers. Please look forward to it.

(I'll ask the others how/if we want to change it)
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-09 16:16:21  
Unlike the T1 (and maybe T2) pieces, the T3 armor pieces get the first point of their second stat WAY earlier, starting off with 1 at level R1.

The T1 pieces don't get their 2nd stat until level 16, in comparison.
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 16:24:30  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

I suggest

Quote:
Can Proc once for 1 hit Weapon Skills and maximum twice for minimum 2 hits Weapons Skills.
- DW and H2H Weapon Skills automatically counts as minimum 2 hits
- Only check for Proc twice on 2+ hits Weapon Skills, even if there is more than 2 hits (first 2 hits on 1hand weapon or 2hands weapon Weapon Skills, 1st hit on each hand with DW and H2H Weapon Skills)

I also suggest changing all Odyssey T3 armor sets to show Rank 20 augments, not rank 30. Rank 30 was only datamined (but there is a lot of things that were datamined and never used so far). Afaik in game you can only fight V15 T3 NMs and only unlock Rank 20. Unless something will change tomorrow.
By zixxer 2021-03-09 17:27:13  
To those that will find this helpful. I have confirmed that if you're desperate to get the clear for an NM, your group can re-enter after a job shuffle and use a second moglophone, and the nms health will be the same after the first timeout. I have only confirmed this with Sgili.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51608/dev-tracker-discussion/200/#3569591
By zixxer 2021-03-09 17:34:31  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Taint said: »
Why would anyone RP Atonement 1-3 gear with that new armor???

A1-A2 are all accessories/weapons, so they don't compete with slots from A3+4. You can also solo/lowman A1+2, not the case with 3+4, so you will see more upgrade pieces from the lower tiers than you ever will from higher tiers. Besides the A2 dagger and katana, and that silly Beithir ring, the remaining items from A1+2 are decent when upgraded.

zixxer said: »
Judgment, it was doing 35k with no geo.

Which is better for WAR, Black Halo or Judgment? The latter has better mods, but Black Halo is 2-hits (2 chances to MA), and warcry would be on for both, so not really sure which could be the better option between the two. I assumed it was Judgment but maybe someone know which one is better?

I was told to use Judgment and I've never even tried Black Halo. I'll consider messing with it and report back here.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-03-09 19:03:45  

I suggest

Quote:
Can Proc once for 1 hit Weapon Skills and maximum twice for minimum 2 hits Weapons Skills.
- DW and H2H Weapon Skills automatically counts as minimum 2 hits
- Only check for Proc twice on 2+ hits Weapon Skills, even if there is more than 2 hits (first 2 hits on 1hand weapon or 2hands weapon Weapon Skills, 1st hit on each hand with DW and H2H Weapon Skills)

I also suggest changing all Odyssey T3 armor sets to show Rank 20 augments, not rank 30. Rank 30 was only datamined (but there is a lot of things that were datamined and never used so far). Afaik in game you can only fight V15 T3 NMs and only unlock Rank 20. Unless something will change tomorrow.

Yeah I was going to change them to 20 after we saw the update notes tonight. So I don't have to change them back right away.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-03-09 19:51:29  
zixxer said: »
To those that will find this helpful. I have confirmed that if you're desperate to get the clear for an NM, your group can re-enter after a job shuffle and use a second moglophone, and the nms health will be the same after the first timeout. I have only confirmed this with Sgili.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51608/dev-tracker-discussion/200/#3569591

Really a great tip for people trying to get those first clears and struggling.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-09 20:16:09  
Quote:
Taint said: »
Why would anyone RP Atonement 1-3 gear with that new armor???

Because you can only choose one path? Also many T3 items are still better. For example Sakpata legs are still way better for Reso/Deci and for many more WSs at attack cap. Gleti's are way better for stuff like cdc, pyrrhic etc. Ikenga legs are better for both shooting and attack capped WS too. Mpaca are way better for H2H WSs. I havent checked mages stuff, but there is probably even more arguments to be made there.

EDIT: This new set will be super bis for some jobs/slots for some WS/TP sets, but not for all of them and many T3 sets still being very relevant.

Exactly this. The base stats on the legs are a hodgepodge of "every generic thing imaginable in moderate quantities, but nothing specific in large quantities". There are already pieces jobs have that are better at specific things, and half of those stats are meaningless for any given purpose. You don't need magic attack when you're meleeing for tp, and you don't need physical attack when you're nuking for example. I was surprised what I would end up using it for on my thief, but my thought process was this

Would I use path B Nyame Francha in a rudra's storm build? The answer is no, because they have no dexterity on them and plunderer's culottes +3 only has 3 less WSD but 21 dex and even higher attack still. The difference in stats still favors relic.

Would I use Path A in a "glass cannon" tp set? The answer is also probably no, because I'd rather have the 5% triple attack and crit damage on my artifact legs.

Which leaves the option of using it as a more offensive piece in a hybrid set. Path A is probably better than malignance tights for that purpose, but it's certainly not a game breaking upgrade. The fact that every job can equip it is honestly the biggest appeal to me. And if I were to venture a guess, I'd say that the best "general" use for the set is to go path A for a better "all jobs offensive hybrid build" kind of set. But different jobs still have better specialized pieces for specific things. And as was mentioned, you can only pick ONE path. So it's not ever going to be an end all for anyone.
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 20:29:45  
We dont even know if augments on other pieces will be the same.

Also none really talking about it, but looks like RUN is getting Malignance equivalent armor (meva and dt).
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-09 20:50:01  
They probably won't be the same for the other slots. Specific examples aside, the main point is that the "all jobs" thing allows for a generalized set that's very strong. If the other pieces have similar magic evasion as the legs (which is pretty likely given s-e's track record for how they like to define base stats for sets lately) then everyone would be able to build something good with it. Like you pointed out with your RUN example, that's what I suspect people will gravitate to when they choose their augment paths.

Of course that's assuming s-e doesn't pull some stupid stunt here in the process and that augmenting them is even a viable thing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2021-03-09 21:00:59  
If the augment paths remain the same across all five pieces then the set will be absolutely lethal for a Ninja's Hybrids, pretty much any elemental WS for that matter. Be very interested to see what numbers a Red Mage could punch out with that set and the Crocea.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 21:50:21  
Ruaumoko said: »
If the augment paths remain the same across all five pieces then the set will be absolutely lethal for a Ninja's Hybrids, pretty much any elemental WS for that matter. Be very interested to see what numbers a Red Mage could punch out with that set and the Crocea.

Well tbh, Jhakri hands +2 are about as strong for magic WS. Amalric legs + body would probably lose, by not by much, it would be 73mab vs 18wsd. STR and mnd could be maybe higher on new set tho. Biggest gain would be probably on head and decent but not big boost on feet again. Im not sure if overall it would be more than +10% damage above what you can get now. Also DM augments for RDM has crazy potential. Especially feet that has base 20mab.

I agree on NIN hybrids tho. Its the first thing I mentioned in my post too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 21:53:09  
Ruaumoko said: »

Well tbh, Jhakri hands +2 are about as strong for magic WS. Amalric legs + body would probably lose, by not by much, it would be 73mab vs 18wsd. STR and mnd could be maybe higher on new set tho. Biggest gain would be probably on head and decent but not big boost on feet again. Im not sure if overall it would be more than +10% damage above what you can get now. Also DM augments for RDM has crazy potential. Especially feet that has base 20mab.

I agree on NIN hybrids tho. Its the first thing I mentioned in my post too.

Them legs gonna look incredibly sexy for my Gate of Tartarus set ^^
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
サーバ: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-09 22:36:13  
Torzak said: »
I just did a C farm run. The below typed logs are highly abbreviated - I'm only typing segments rcv'd and Chain #.

22:06:39 You receive 27 moogle segments for a total of 38475.
22:06:43 Limit Chain #6!
22:07:41 Limit Chain #7!
22:08:23 Limit Chain #8!
22:09:03 Limit Chain #9!
22:09:56 Limit Chain #10!
22:10:36 Limit Chain #11!
22:10:53 Now exiting Walk of Echoes [P2].

I immediately go and check the ??? and choose Mog Segment exchange list and I have 38,475 Segments. So for ~4mins or for 5 kills, it did not give me credit.
This happened to me too during the end of a solo run in C (btw lag seems to have gotten worse even in normal sheol areas for me recently). I killed a NM on the 3rd floor, then with 3 minutes left I started killing nostos gobbues, but after 3 kills I wasn't getting any segments messages.
The last segments message and total was still the one from the NM. So I tried to kill a different nostos type nearby (nostos korrigan type) and it gave me points for that and the sum was the same as if the 3 gobbue counted.

So I guess based on your observation and mine, if you see no segments messages, make sure you kill a monster from a different group to get your total "un-stuck" before you exit, or you might lose those points.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-09 23:00:45  

Nyame Francha - Legs, notice they are rare ex
DEF: 169 HP+114 MP+59
STR+43 VIT+30 AGI+34
INT+44 MND+32 CHR+24
Accuracy+40 Attack+30
Ranged Accuracy+40
Magic Accuracy+40
Magic Attack +30
Evasion+85 Magic Evasion +150
Magic Def Bonus+7 Haste +5%
Magic Burst Damage +6
Skillchain Damage +6
Damage taken -8%
Pet: Acc+50 Ranged Acc+50 Magic Acc+50

Path A:
Acc+20 Racc+20 Magic Acc+20
Store TP+9
Physical Damage Limit +3%

Path B:
Attack+25 Ratt+25
Weapon Skill Damage +9%
Double Attack +3%

Path C:
Magic Attack+25
Magic Damage+25
Magic Burst Damage II+2

Path D:
Acc+20 Magic Acc+20
Pet:Acc+20 Att+20 Mag Acc+20
Pet: Damage+5%
This reminds me of a powered up version of the volt armor, all jobs, lots of MEVA, no multi-attack (aside from one augment path)..

It's kind of sad that for a job like monk that doesn't really use MAB or magical ws (staff and club are only very situational) I don't see much use for this, compared to jobs that can't wear malignance.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-10 00:27:07  
concerning that the notes don't mention lag improvements. Also:
-The issue wherein certain battle logic for foes in Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol was incorrect.

maybe the proc trigger for some tier3 was changed? Possibly the shark since that was kind of weird but also possibly he easy ones like crits for being too easy?

-The issue with Sheol: Gaeol wherein monsters were able to be vanquished after time had expired.

Maybe that mention that bosses HP doesn't get reset between attempts after timeouts is not true anymore?

also requirements to enter tier 4 are just completion of all other tiers, and the name seems to be Bumba based on ki "Information on Bumba"

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-10 00:34:58  
endxen said: »
Bumba is available if you have all A3 wins. Just checked

Wonder if you can drag others into the zone like you could before, or if everyone requires the A3 kills.

They also fixed the blank spot on the Equipment to Purchase option for Atonement 3.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Batton
サーバ: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-03-10 00:39:17  
Only getting R1000-1500 in the staging area now. So the lag might be resolved.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-10 00:40:20  
Saj'akka may be one of my least favorite things to fight ever, guess it isn't the worst it could've been though

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-10 00:48:01  
Just tried it solo. Absorbs only 1 Moglophone II. Can use trusts. Boss music is pretty badass. Absorbs Skillchain damage under some unknown condition. Pops fetters, looked like various elements. Was proccing red somehow. Then he stopped playing around and took me out at around 50%. Has a 1hr animation, was green at start, opened with instant dispelga.

Did not seem particularly hard for the clear at least.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-10 00:48:11  
endxen said: »
It was really easy. Killed it in 3 mins.
any damage resists? auras? soloable?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-10 00:53:28  
Just checking out the new fight. Music is dope.

YouTube Video Placeholder

The lag is 100% gone for now. I didn't care about positioning because I just wanted to see how the fight went, but AAEV seemed to hold up well at MM45. Dont have Ygnas, and everyone was in front, so yeah, we died. But I could see a better soloer doing this with the right job.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 242 243 244