フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 428 429 430
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 13:46:09  
While it's definitely not optimal to "only" have WHM and SCH for Na, DNC and SMN and of course meds work just fine.

Just alter the order of your fights to make #3 the lowest/least punishing. It really is easy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 13:46:19  
there's a TON of solutions to that problem, just like there are a ton for who's gonna tank on that 3rd run. Will just require proper planning of who's doing what for what fight in advance, and everyone will have to adjust vs just engage and pack a bowl while watching the parse.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 13:46:33  
I think more than one fight might actually be used to take down T4 bosses. They might be too hard at V15 for example to kill them in one go and you will need to change jobs and go again to finish them.
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 13:48:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
While it's definitely not optimal to "only" have WHM and SCH for Na, DNC and SMN and of course meds work just fine.

Just alter the order of your fights to make #3 the lowest/least punishing. It really is easy.
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
there's a TON of solutions to that problem, just like there are a ton for who's gonna tank on that 3rd run. Will just require proper planning of who's doing what for what fight in advance, and everyone will have to adjust vs just engage and pack a bowl while watching the parse.

I can see JP players actually liking that and being very good at that. Its mostly gonna be a problem for NA/EU community who in general likes to just zerg things avoiding mechanics.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-03-09 13:49:48  
Asura.Sirris said: »
I don't like this system in general. Make it so the gear augment path can be changed at any time without losing rank, like the mezzotined stuff from Escha, or remove the "Rare" tag. Because as it is now choosing paths will be a hard choice for people who play multiple jobs at endgame.

Yeah this new gear is so great for a lot of purposes. The hardest part will be choosing the augment path. I have been trying to justify a mythic 2h for awhile and Path A just looks so tasty for DRG but then I'd feel like I am neglecting all the other DPS jobs I play by not getting path B.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 13:50:15  
A lot of whine just for whines sake. But never about actual things that're a real issue. Just whine about being mildly inconvenienced.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-09 13:54:22  
What about Dnc and War as tank?
By eliroo 2021-03-09 13:54:32  
The concept is kind of fun to toy with. You can easily design strategies for each of the fights that utilize different jobs. The problem may be finding people with those three specific jobs geared enough to do the content.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-09 13:55:48  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
What is the benefits to not just exiting and resetting the job pools? I know different setups will shine, but if you exit/enter between bosses you will always get whm back (for example)

Any takers on this before it get's buried lol?

Is there a benefit to doing more than one boss per entry atm?
 Odin.Phillytool
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Phillytool 2021-03-09 13:56:22  
Your text to link here...

translate?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 13:57:22  
At the moment, no, there's no benefit per say.

Technically, you could say it's possible to kill 3 bosses without ever having to farm more segments if you did all 3 at once. You can't do that if you do one and exit.
[+]
By Haziko 2021-03-09 13:58:12  
What is the benefits to not just exiting and resetting the job pools? I know different setups will shine, but if you exit/enter between bosses you will always get whm back (for example)

There are none. That's been the point of a large part of this thread--SE added a restriction that, while unique, is completely undermined by zero incentive to abide by the restriction instead of working around it.

Outside of Asura waits, you can simply leave, re-enter, and use the same jobs over and over to delete whatever NM you need to delete.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 13:58:17  
eliroo said: »
The concept is kind of fun to toy with. You can easily design strategies for each of the fights that utilize different jobs. The problem may be finding people with those three specific jobs geared enough to do the content.

I await with high levels of anticipation groups posting strats that have worked for V15+ Atonement3 and early results from Atonement4 that are completely wacky setups because that's what they had at their disposal, and the drones out there whining because they didn't have an R15 Yoichi RNG or a decked out PUP among their meta-following group where everyone has just idris GEO, DP COR, Epeo RUN, and bard.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-03-09 13:59:23  
Odin.Phillytool said: »

Already did here: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51608/dev-tracker-discussion/195/#3569307
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-09 14:02:05  
Haziko said: »

There are none. That's been the point of a large part of this thread--SE added a restriction that, while unique, is completely undermined by zero incentive to abide by the restriction instead of working around it.

Outside of Asura waits, you can simply leave, re-enter, and use the same jobs over and over to delete whatever NM you need to delete.

AH, I hadn't thought of the queue problem. Yes on Fenrir we just exit and enter again.. changing up whichever jobs needed for that strat.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-09 14:03:36  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
At the moment, no, there's no benefit per say.

Technically, you could say it's possible to kill 3 bosses without ever having to farm more segments if you did all 3 at once. You can't do that if you do one and exit.

This. Any individual player or group that's determined enough can effectively make alternate setups (in ascending or descending order) of most played to least played jobs and clean up NM's.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-09 14:06:39  
Who knows. They could be using Odyssey Sheol Gaol as potential springboard to correct Job flaws in future adjustments/updates. See what creative ways players use to win fights and then use that feedback/pain points to drive their vision. Jobs like Paladin, as Martel mentioned, being so limited after some of their hate tools are on timer is a big one. I think players not having SJ could actually help them shed light on where they need to address certain roles better, without the crutch of support covering over those gaps.
By eliroo 2021-03-09 14:10:31  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
meta-following group where everyone has just idris GEO, DP COR, Epeo RUN, and bard.

My BRD and COR mules have never been more scared.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-09 14:40:28  

Thus far, doesn't seem so.
 Sylph.Chocobro
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2021-03-09 16:11:05  

From what I understood reading the jp wiki, if you time out on the boss, you can go at it again and the hp will be where it was when you timed out. So if you were desperate enough to get a clear, you basically have 3 attempts to do it with those restrictions in place.

I do not know if this is true though. I've never tried it myself.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-09 16:22:01  
Sylph.Chocobro said: »

From what I understood reading the jp wiki, if you time out on the boss, you can go at it again and the hp will be where it was when you timed out. So if you were desperate enough to get a clear, you basically have 3 attempts to do it with those restrictions in place.

Can anyone confirm this?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-09 16:32:19  
This is not true. You time out on a boss and you are kicked out. You can't enter the same boss twice. Timing out on Veng5 or higher does reward RP commensurate with the remaining HP of the boss at the time you were kicked out. The exact formula is on wiki.

Quote:
If you are unsuccessful at defeating an NM, you will still earn RP. Earned RP depends on how much damage was dealt to the NM that was not successfully defeated.

As an example, a Vengeance +15 NM taken down to 20% would earn 156 RP with the following formula:

floor(0.4*980*.8/2 = 156.8) [3]

In short, there is no benefit to doing 3 runs at once currently, unless you want to do the in quick succession for some reason, such as not waiting in line or simply not zoning. Or in the case where your group only has 3 moglophone IIs, they can do 3 NMs for the day, whereas if they exit after clearing the first, they can't do another set until they replenish their third Moglophone II.
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 16:36:09  

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Pretty sure you are wrong Buukki.

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Mewing Lullaby removes 90% of the enemy's current TP then 10~90% TP depending on how long the SMN waited before using it again, it is the same nerf as in Lilith BC. This is a slow method but V5 are killable from 100% HP with Mew or TP Drainkiss and BP/WS/Disengage strat. V10/15 have too much HP but a ghetto setup (no BRD/COR/GEO, just SMN DDing with Mew/TP Drainkiss) is able to finish them on the second round if they have about 20% HP left.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-09 16:39:57  
Wrong about what?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-09 16:45:53  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is not true. You time out on a boss and you are kicked out. You can't enter the same boss twice. Timing out on Veng5 or higher does reward RP commensurate with the remaining HP of the boss at the time you were kicked out. The exact formula is on wiki.

Quote:
If you are unsuccessful at defeating an NM, you will still earn RP. Earned RP depends on how much damage was dealt to the NM that was not successfully defeated.

As an example, a Vengeance +15 NM taken down to 20% would earn 156 RP with the following formula:

In short, there is no benefit to doing 3 runs at once currently, unless you want to do the in quick succession for some reason, such as not waiting in line or simply not zoning. Or in the case where your group only has 3 moglophone IIs, they can do 3 NMs for the day, whereas if they exit after clearing the first, they can't do another set until they replenish their third Moglophone II.
My group did this once. We timed out with an NM very low on HP, changed jobs and went again. The HP wasn't exactly the same as when we died. Might have regened a bit while we were dead before timeout or something. But it was only a few % higher and we were able to re-enter the fight for that NM.
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 16:46:40  
Wrong about what?

About not being able to finish mob using 2nd Moglophone II. If I understand Papesse post right, it suggests they finished NM from 20% using 2nd moglo.

EDIT: and now after Martel post, Im sure of it XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-09 16:53:38  
Interesting. So how does that work for the purpose of obtaining RP? Do you get the formula-based RP for timing out the first time, and then get the full amount the second time?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-03-09 16:58:23  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Quote:

My group did this once. We timed out with an NM very low on HP, changed jobs and went again. The HP wasn't exactly the same as when we died. Might have regened a bit while we were dead before timeout or something. But it was only a few % higher and we were able to re-enter the fight for that NM.

Do you remember if this was your first attempt at clear and whether or not it gave you credit for that veng difficulty?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-09 16:58:33  
Interesting. So how does that work for the purpose of obtaining RP? Do you get the formula-based RP for timing out the first time, and then get the full amount the second time?
If I can recall what NM we did this on and when I can check my longs to get the RP values. But my memory is failing me pretty hard beyond teh fact that we did re-enter.

And that it took me most of the 15 minutes in the lobby to manually change jobs on two characters. lol. If this ever becomes a common thing, I'm gonna have to get organizer fixed up for pilgrim moogles.
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Do you remember if this was your first attempt at clear and whether or not it gave you credit for that veng difficulty?
I can't even recall what we fought sooo... Ejiin streams our Odyssey runs so there's likely footage of this, as well as my logs. I just can't even recall when this was. Just that it happened.
By zixxer 2021-03-09 17:16:53  

Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm this. I created a pug yesterday for v15 Sgili. We got him down to 10% then timed out. Some people was dead because our whm was focused on removing doom and keeping the ones alive, alive.

We all got transported to lobby, we are raised, and switch jobs accordingly. Came back in using a second moglophone II, with a new 15 min timer. Did whatever buffs we could and the nm was still at 10%. Killed it and got the clear.

I didn't count the rp. If it was doubled but we did receive rp both times.
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 428 429 430