フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 238 239 240
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 13:06:06  
endxen said: »
Just have to kill whatever nm then it opens up the Veng+ option next time you fight them. After initial kill you can go to +5.

This was not the case for me, and apparently Bippin also. I have beaten all of the A2 NMs and do not have the option to RP A2.
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 13:12:08  
So I'll go over what I have done so far again and maybe that can fill it some holes.

I have killed all Atonement 1 NMs
That then unlocked Atonement 2 NMs
I killed Gigelorum and brought Schere Earring
I went in to kill Gigelorum again on a higher Veng#, but I was only able fight Gigelorum again on Veng0, I did fight it again and went back in and still only had Veng0.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 13:14:31  
Were your in a group with some that had done Veng5+ for all A1 NMs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 13:15:23  
Martel's comments a few weeks back lines up exactly with what Bippin is experiencing.

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Hmmm. Has anyone been able to augment/earn RP for Atonement 2 items?

We killed all 6 Atonement 2 NMs today. Talked to the moogle. Nada. Entered an NM for the second time(Henwen.)

Only V0 was available. Which already seems different from Atonement 1, cause I seem to recall 0~5 being available right after clearing all tier one NMs. Did the fight, won. No RP earned. Exited and talked to the moogle.. Nada.

Tried again.. still only V0 available...

Are the requirements to start earning RP and augment for Atonement 2 different somehow? Or is something glitching here?

Are you sure the person entering you into Gigelorum didn't previously have Veng+5 clears on all 4 A1 NMs?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 13:21:25  
Perhaps the hard requirement isn't all 4 A1s and just a combination of 2-3 of them? Seems strange that Martel said he was locked out of augmenting A2 until he got +5 on A1s.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-03 14:00:30  
Well, this is interesting. I dont recall having anything but 5 10 and 15 available to my group.

Edit: LS member confirmed he's also only ever had the option for 5 10 and 15 when making the NM selection.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 14:04:17  
Hmm could unlocked of veng be linked to something else? Maybe something odd like total NM kills or something
By Ruaumoko 2021-02-03 15:28:54  
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57774

New NMs incoming, won't mean much to most unless they patch the stupid amounts of lag.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-03 15:36:23  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Hmm could unlocked of veng be linked to something else? Maybe something odd like total NM kills or something
For T1s, doing them at a given level unlocks 5 levels above, so doing one at +5 will unlock +10 for that NM.
For T2s, it works the same way except you also have to have all T1s completed at that level as well. So to pop a +15 T2 NM, you must have done that NM at +10, and all T1s at +15.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 15:38:17  
endxen is saying he nor anyone in his group has all of the A1 kills but can still RP A2 items.
By Guyford 2021-02-03 15:40:25  
If someone else pops an NM for you and you win, it may unlock you being able to pop that NM. I wasn't able to pop any T2s past +0 until I did all T1s at at least +5.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-03 17:43:56  
Guyford said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
For T1s, doing them at a given level unlocks 5 levels above, so doing one at +5 will unlock +10 for that NM.
For T2s, it works the same way except you also have to have all T1s completed at that level as well. So to pop a +15 T2 NM, you must have done that NM at +10, and all T1s at +15.

Our unlocks haven't been like that. Beating it at Veng 0 opened up +5. But when we did +5 it opened up to +7. When we did +7 it opened up +9.

Doubtful that MM factors into it somehow but I'm MMXXXIII.

My group is 45 so perhaps MM affects it somehow? Seems doubtful but I don't know.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 18:00:43  
Moogle Mastery has zero to do with it
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-03 23:09:02  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Hey Funk, does that page say there are adds for each boss? I have done Dullahan dozens of times on Veng+15 and never once seen an add, nor have I seen them on any other NM.

Maybe there's some confusion here with Sheol B? Every one of the NM's in that zone spawns two adds. The current Gaol mobs don't have adds as far as I'm aware.

I think the adds idea came about because they are all on JP Wiki, and they are all in the DAT files. It seems like nobody has encountered an add yet, so if Vengeance +20 becomes available this next update they might come into play at that difficulty.
 Odin.Nappy
サーバ: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2021-02-05 21:51:49  
Does Odyssey have the BP nerf or the Geo nerf?

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-02-06 01:52:15  
BP nerf yes, geo nerf no

You sure? I recall someone posting Odyssey has big nerfs to GEO in A or/and B.

Let me find it...

Here..

Sylph.Reain said: »
Also, unrelated but interesting, that guy's twitter says Sheol A NMs and mimics have 75% Geomancy resistance, and Sheol B NMs and mimics has 85% https://twitter.com/long_horned/status/1300309271045763073

EDIT: C and Gaol can have it too if thats true (since that was before C and Gaol was out I think)

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Nappy
サーバ: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2021-02-06 07:05:55  
What about in Gaol?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-06 09:13:18  
These Atonement 2 bosses have been giving me way more trouble than Atonement 1... Any advice for taking on the Craklaw boss? I'm unsure if it's Sundering Snip, Rending Deluge, or both, but its AoE damage is a bit much and I don't want to waste more KI's trying to get the clear...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-06 10:13:22  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
These Atonement 2 bosses have been giving me way more trouble than Atonement 1... Any advice for taking on the Craklaw boss? I'm unsure if it's Sundering Snip, Rending Deluge, or both, but its AoE damage is a bit much and I don't want to waste more KI's trying to get the clear...

Are you trying to RP or get clear? If you're on Asura, I can help you get clear. I used AAEV as tank, Selt'heus, healer, arciela, matsui-P, rest dont matter (they die anyways). I was on NIN and I would just spam Metsu > Shun from behind and have Matsui-P MB. It took a long time, and all trusts but AAEV at one point died, but I would run out of range and cast new trusts to continue the fight. I think i went NIN after losing on MNK, because I wanted to mijin gakure away my weakness if I did die, and then resume fight after. He is a pain if people are in range, I basically rode full malignance/meva set the entire time, and with the lag, I couldnt kill him faster due to not being able to time MB.
 Bismarck.Batton
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-02-06 10:27:09  
Does MM affect lag? I'm MM XIII.. this was NOT ready for the players.

Me on Discord: "CALL OUT IF YOURE TAKING DAMAGE OR NEED A STATUS REMOVAL"
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-06 10:33:05  
Bismarck.Batton said: »
Does MM affect lag? I'm MM XIII.. this was NOT ready for the players.

Moogle Mastery just improves the strength of your trusts. If you are trying on the weekend (like everybody else), the lag is exacerbated. I didn't experience nearly as much lag during the midweek runs as I do on weekends. It also sadly won't matter if they tell you on Discord if they have healing needs, unless they are lag-free. If they see the debuff/damage 5 seconds late, by the time you hear it and react, you're close to double that by the time it gets applied. It's nearly impossible for a normal human WHM to handle that kind of latency (effectively).
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-06 11:56:02  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Are you trying to RP or get clear? If you're on Asura, I can help you get clear. I used AAEV as tank, Selt'heus, healer, arciela, matsui-P, rest dont matter (they die anyways). I was on NIN and I would just spam Metsu > Shun from behind and have Matsui-P MB. It took a long time, and all trusts but AAEV at one point died, but I would run out of range and cast new trusts to continue the fight. I think i went NIN after losing on MNK, because I wanted to mijin gakure away my weakness if I did die, and then resume fight after. He is a pain if people are in range, I basically rode full malignance/meva set the entire time, and with the lag, I couldnt kill him faster due to not being able to time MB.

Just clears to be honest. My NIN is garbage and trusts seem to act dumber than usual in Gaol. Sorry, not on Asura. Will come back to it later. Took two losses/KI in a row and just said "nope, not today..."
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-06 12:35:09  
Try shouting for people. Get a real healer if you don't have a good Moogle Mastery level. A mage that spams Curaga II is probably sufficient if you have a geomancer giving you support bubbles.

There's a strategy in here from Papesse using mages and pup tank. Could try that for your clears
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 238 239 240