言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 237 238 239
By bombsdiggity 2021-01-30 22:07:02  
that's not my experience, personally. i have lately had trouble in west adoulin, which never used to be an issue...
By bombsdiggity 2021-01-30 22:13:35  
anyone have any information on Henwen? i barely won, and my team are hardly pushovers. thx in advance
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-31 11:06:08  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Umbril was weak to Earth / Darkness SC, Matamata weak to Blunt, Chapuli weak to Slashing, Snapweed weak to Wind, Craklaw weak to Thunder, Flutterini/Tulfaire weak to Piercing.

Did you happen to find anything unique about Raaz, or was it the same automaton tank strategy? Is it weak to anything?

Sundering Snip started to hit Automaton for over 4k.

Was this with GEO-Wilt? Sounds like adding a RDM for Bio 3 or some form of Attack Down is necessary. This is the NM I want to try at some point to augment Katana.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-31 12:32:21  
We haven't revisited the Raaz for a few weeks but it was a simple tank and spank fight iirc.

Setup used was PLD MNK COR WHM BRD RDM.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-01-31 17:34:05  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Did you happen to find anything unique about Raaz, or was it the same automaton tank strategy? Is it weak to anything?
Nothing out of the ordinary, it has access to Terrifying Snap and could be vulnerable to blunt (or at least not resistant).

Was this with GEO-Wilt? Sounds like adding a RDM for Bio 3 or some form of Attack Down is necessary. This is the NM I want to try at some point to augment Katana.
Sundering Snip is magic and always deals 60% of max HP but that's for normal Craklaw monsters. It can go way higher for NMs and with several variations, the NM Dreadpincer for example deals 60, 75, 87 or 102% of max HP. Marmokrebs appears to remove up to 250% of max HP in Veng+15.

Speaking of Attack Down, Tidal Roar did "no effect" on the Raaz, Matamata and Snapweed. It was as if they had a hidden and undispellable Attack Boost buff.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-31 17:40:34  
I can't wait to do this content 2 years after release and everything is already figured out! keep it up guys
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-01-31 18:42:48  
Speaking of Attack Down, Tidal Roar did "no effect" on the Raaz, Matamata and Snapweed. It was as if they had a hidden and undispellable Attack Boost buff.
I wonder if Atomos could take it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-31 18:50:39  
Sundering Snip is magic and always deals 60% of max HP

wiki lists it as physical. Interesting
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 08:41:55  
Quote:
In terms of Odyssey updates, new monsters will be added to Sheol: Gaol. Last month was just a warmup to get you used to the way that the Gaol works, and this time around your opponents will be a good deal tougher. Of course, the equipment is strong in kind, with each boss offering multiple different pieces to suit your needs. Make the best use of your three forays into the Gaol and lay claim to your prize!
By SimonSes 2021-02-03 08:46:44  

Maybe its not a buff, but their base attack just going up by a lot.

EDIT: Actually tho, then Tidal Roar would be resisted and not "no effect" right?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 08:59:02  
It's likely a buff similar to what matsui-p gets for mab. He has a full time native mab stat that makes any other forms of mab+ or - say "no effect". When Monberaux uses his mix elemental abilities, it never land on him, which means it's the same type that can't be overwritten. I bet they did the same for the NMs.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-03 09:00:28  
I made the Gaol NM pages on BG yesterday with basic information.

Apologies for the delay, usually someone else handles that but since I saw they were not done I went ahead and did it. I will make February's update NM pages the same day as the update so that there is a location for contributions about the NMs to be made.

Edit: I also see Sheol B and C NM pages were not made. I will get to that asap.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-03 10:39:56  
endxen said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
I made the Gaol NM pages on BG yesterday with basic information.

Apologies for the delay, usually someone else handles that but since I saw they were not done I went ahead and did it. I will make February's update NM pages the same day as the update so that there is a location for contributions about the NMs to be made.

Edit: I also see Sheol B and C NM pages were not made. I will get to that asap.

Your info is wrong on the titles. You get the titles from killing them at any Veng level. We've gotten titles from Veng 0.

Alright, I will adjust that. I was going off of JP Wiki:

Vengが高いほど報酬は多くなり、最高難易度のVeng+15でクリアすると称号を得ることができる。称号を得る事により、ボスに対応した装備品の強化の上限がRank15からRank20まで引き上げられる。
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 10:42:54  
Hey Funk, does that page say there are adds for each boss? I have done Dullahan dozens of times on Veng+15 and never once seen an add, nor have I seen them on any other NM.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 10:45:48  
So I have Schere Earring and if I want to start to RP it up do I first need to kill all the A2 NMs?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-03 10:47:12  
Hey Funk, does that page say there are adds for each boss? I have done Dullahan dozens of times on Veng+15 and never once seen an add, nor have I seen them on any other NM.
No, in fact they only have pages for U Bnai and Sgili.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-03 10:47:39  
Quote:

Maybe there's some confusion here with Sheol B? Every one of the NM's in that zone spawns two adds. The current Gaol mobs don't have adds as far as I'm aware.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 10:54:38  
Well, I don't know all of the mechanics for each NM, but I do know they use multiple SPs and gain access to several different aura abilities. I have seen at least 5 different types of auras for Gogmagog, for example, and 3 different SPs. I don't know if all of the others follow a similar trend, or if they each have a unique gimmick.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 12:16:10  
endxen said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
So I have Schere Earring and if I want to start to RP it up do I first need to kill all the A2 NMs?

Nope you just have to keep killing the same nm that gives you that specific item over and over and over... You have to do the higher Veng+ levels to unlock the ranks though. Have to do Veng+15 to unlock the final rank 20. After that you can do the nm on whatever Veng you want for rp. You could spam Veng 0 if you wanted but you are only going to get 22 rp a kill.
How do I raise the veng level? outside or from the moogle inside?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 12:27:09  
You fight each boss and the Veng level increases by 5 from the level you cleared. i.e. beat Veng+5, you will get Veng+10. Beat Veng+9, get Veng+14. You can also entirely skip this process by entering with someone who has Veng +# progress and having them select the highest difficulty level you don't have. You will be able to enter that same Veng+# the next time you attempt the boss, assuming you clear it I presume.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 12:28:37  
Oh I just keeping fight Gigelorum and it levels up? For some reason I thought I had to choose it or something.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 12:38:36  
Just killed Gigelorum for a 2nd time and just get Veng+0 from flux
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 12:40:15  
You should get the option to select the appropriate Veng+ level, but it requires beating all Atonement 1 NMs on Veng+5 to unlock the ability to RP Atonement 2 NMs. I believe Martel commented on this earlier saying that he couldn't RP tier 2 until he finished tier 1s.

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Oh, yeah. I guess I should report this.

Killing all Atonement 1 NMs on V5 unlocked V5 for Atonement 2.

Then, once we killed an Atonement 2 NM on V5, we got RP and were able to Augment. Although the moogle did not give any additional dialogue this time.

Interestingly, Killing a V5 Atonement 2 NM, did NOT unlock V10 for that NM.

I suspect we will need to kill All Atonement 1 NMs on V10 to unlock V10 for Atonement 2. But we're short on segments now so further attempts will be delayed a few days.

So it looks like that in order to unlock Veng+15 for Tier 2 NMs for max RP, you have to beat Veng+15 on all Tier 1 NMs. Maybe Papesse or Martel can chime in and confirm. I'm not on t2's yet.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 12:42:44  
Oh okay thank you I must have missed that. How bad are they? Can I solo them on MNK?

edit: The Veng+5s
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 12:48:38  
I was able to solo them between BLU, NIN, and MNK. They are all pretty easy. The Umbril can use aoe doom, so have some holy waters or Monberaux out of range so he can take care of everyone. That aside, they were mostly a joke and I only wiped on the Umbril due to being unprepared for the doom.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 12:51:32  
Thank you

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 237 238 239