The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-25 09:06:23  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
How hard is it to land Purulent Ooze? Need a pet Macc build?
Generally pretty easy, Kalunga can be stubborn, dont try him on firesday, but Bumba I've never seen resist it
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-25 09:07:12  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
How hard is it to land Purulent Ooze? Need a pet Macc build?

I can do it on Kalunga V20 with problems. Someone was claiming that he can do it almost on anything. Tbh I think my problem was being engaged. I tried it like 10 times and couldnt land, but then I disengaged (risky because trusts stop doing anything and they start dying) and landed it at first try. I think maybe if you are engaged, equip changes to fast to TP set from pet macc set, before the Ready move is done?

Anyway I don't use BST anymore for this, I just do Kalunga solo on DRK with SP2 and Apocalypse. To finish Ngai I will probably use OD automaton. Arebati and Xevioso probably on RNG or DNC. Just not sure about Mboze, maybe DRK too, or SAM with SP2 :P
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-25 09:08:55  
The BGwiki page on Gogmagog is slightly inconsistant.
Which damage type is he weak/resistant to?

When I used to kill it in a party up to V20 with friends we always went with SC+MB strategy (I think we were nuking fire?) but I know some people go for melee strat, which implies he must be weak to at least one physical damage type, right?

@Simon

Also does anybody know the average acc required for T1 V20?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-25 10:48:58  
SimonSes said: »
Just not sure about Mboze, maybe DRK too
Mboze

DRK with subtle blow set + auspice, with SPs is doable, I usually use 1hr bard with it but can get it down to 80-85% before getting crushed
By SimonSes 2022-10-25 11:58:46  
Asura.Sechs said: »
The BGwiki page on Gogmagog is slightly inconsistant.
Which damage type is he weak/resistant to?

It doesn't resist blunt.
Asura.Toralin said: »
Just not sure about Mboze, maybe DRK too
Mboze

DRK with subtle blow set + auspice, with SPs is doable, I usually use 1hr bard with it but can get it down to 80-85% before getting crushed

I'm doing it solo tho, so no auspice or songs other than from Joachim or Ulmia :)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-28 12:21:55  
Say you have a charged up bonus that's gonna enhance the next Moogle Amplifier you use, because you just completed 3 fights in a row in Odyssey.

Next you enter Gaol because you want to test some things/setups.
As long as I don't use a Moogle Amplifier, I'm gonna keep the charged up bonus, correct?
Wether I win the fight, fail it or time out it won't matter as long as I don't use an Amplifier.

Did I get it right?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-28 12:29:54  
Correct
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-31 03:34:38  
So I'm curious if anybody ever had this experience in Odyssey.
I was helping a friend (and another guy) with Bumba.

After we killed Bumba the third guy zoned out.
Me and my friend swapped jobs to keep going with another NM but despite us being on different jobs (jobs never used in the Bumba fight) the thing kept saying us "Your party is not of the appropriate composition" and denied us entry on any other NM.

What was that?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-31 10:31:17  
We had this happen a while ago, and it's lame they went this route. We had a friend who wanted to help us clear one boss, but didn't want to spend Segments doing a triple so he agreed to warp out after the first boss. The rest of the group wanted to continue the triple boss run to extend our RP bonus, but were disappointed to learn they restricted it only to the people who entered. Also have had the unfortunate situation of someone disconnecting mid-fight during a triple, and never came back. We all lost our bonus because we used amps on the first fight and couldn't continue afterwards without the 6th. A real kick in the nuts to find out it's set up this way.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-11-01 03:07:28  
Tried searching but the search feature failed and I'm awake since too long, has anyone done a full B clear any time recently? Or even, is it possible to full clear B? If yes how many segments did you get? In general how worse it is compared to an average 8k~ sheol C run?
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-01 07:47:57  
I remember dabbling on both Sheol A and Sheol B in the limbo when I did not need segments. The mobs are indeed easier, but the problem is that the floors in Sheol A and B are massive. The traveling time between packs is a back breaker. I did runs for about a week before I realized that it simply wasn't worth it in any regard. The segment gain is much much less because the individual mobs give less to begin with. The gil gain, EVEN WITH the addition of lustreless hides was less than me 6 boxing a mediocre Sheol C.

Additionally, I was comfortable pulling multiple packs at once, but there were a lot of spots where the next pack was simply too far away and the first pack would lose aggro.

If you SOMEHOW HAD A WAY to move from pack to pack faster, it might be worth it, but it's a lot of effort for the same results as a regular Sheol C.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-01 09:56:12  
My group has done all of the Sheols for Segment, Moogle Mastery, and Gil farming purposes, so I can say with confidence that Sheol B is much lower in terms of Segments and possibly can be higher in terms of gil, but not guaranteed. It's also frustrating AF to navigate. Some things unique to B which make it an awkward place to farm segments/gil (gonna spoiler cuz a lot to be shared):
With all of that being said, I believe our group once did a 1.4m gil reward from the flux and walked away with 2-3 hide boxes and maybe 6~7k segments, but that was with full concentration, no mistakes, and was not as relaxed as C. Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing B at all unless you enjoy exploring, need the hides, or want to do a niche setup like 4 BLU COR BRD and split up to hit different areas, alternating Cruel Joke, with BLU healing and COR throwing out Bolters and BRD Mazurka for the split teams. IMO, wayy too much squeeze for the juice.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-11-01 10:03:10  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Tried searching but the search feature failed and I'm awake since too long, has anyone done a full B clear any time recently? Or even, is it possible to full clear B? If yes how many segments did you get? In general how worse it is compared to an average 8k~ sheol C run?

B is extremely large with a ton of dead space in between many of the camps. By "full clear" I assume you mean all families and NMs. I sincerely doubt anyone has full cleared it. If you have a well coordinated group who does B instead of C on the daily, you could probably optimize it to be on par with an 8k Sheol C run, but with better gil rewards. If that's what your group's goals are, then go for it, but I find that most people are still (somehow) in desperate need of segments.

The real reasons to do A/B are either 1) You want segments but your group is undergeared or undermanned for Sheol C, 2) You're a THF bot picking chests, or 3) You're a real group farming mimics for Scales/Hides.

Sheol A would be easy enough to full clear, if you avoid popping mimics. I'm not certain the tradeoff of potential Large boxes is worth that effort, though. A (mostly) full clear of Sheol A gets you around 5,000 segments. If you really want, you can do the math using the chart on BG for segments/mob to determine the maximum *possible* amount for A/B.
By zixxer 2022-11-03 21:11:49  
Asura.Hya said: »

The real reasons to do A/B are either 1) You want segments but your group is undergeared or undermanned for Sheol C, 2) You're a THF bot picking chests, or 3) You're a real group farming mimics for Scales/Hides.

4) To cap moogle mastery :)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-04 12:41:46  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
My group has done all of the Sheols for Segment, Moogle Mastery, and Gil farming purposes, so I can say with confidence that Sheol B is much lower in terms of Segments and possibly can be higher in terms of gil, but not guaranteed. It's also frustrating AF to navigate. Some things unique to B which make it an awkward place to farm segments/gil (gonna spoiler cuz a lot to be shared):
With all of that being said, I believe our group once did a 1.4m gil reward from the flux and walked away with 2-3 hide boxes and maybe 6~7k segments, but that was with full concentration, no mistakes, and was not as relaxed as C. Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing B at all unless you enjoy exploring, need the hides, or want to do a niche setup like 4 BLU COR BRD and split up to hit different areas, alternating Cruel Joke, with BLU healing and COR throwing out Bolters and BRD Mazurka for the split teams. IMO, wayy too much squeeze for the juice.

You don't need BLUs to split up. B mobs on earlier floors are easy enough for one DD to clear them with Regen.

It's something like:
One DD clears floor 1,2
DD + healer clears floors 6,5(warping to 6)
BRD+COR+DD clears froor 3,4(warping to 3 from start)

Ofc ideally the DD for floor 1,2 and the one with BRD and COR should be self sufficient like RDM, BLU, DNC, Apoc DRK or has some additional (other than DT) form of avoiding damage like THF or NIN.

It would need some feeling on the BRD and COR part how to meet with everyone for rebuff, but it should be doable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-04 13:27:35  
I suggested BLUs because they can self rely/kill a full group in a minute after pulling, and alternate to keep the party moving along without ever needing to backtrack for buffs. Normal DDs have to rely on Melee damage to clear, BLUs dont, so even when buffs wear, they can cycle CJ rotations in between until they can reach the BRD + COR to rebuff. I think you're grossly overestimating how fast a solo DD can clear 40-100+ monsters widely spread out on floor 1/2 or B5/6 before his buffs wear off or he reaches B3 to meet the BRD and COR for buffs. If the maps were smaller I would say that it was possible, but the maps are huge and you spend a lot of time traveling in B.

There's an awful lot of backtracking on B1, it would take you almost 90 seconds to run to the top of B1 after buffs to start clearing both top floors, working downward. Then the following two groups on B1 are in the basement and on the flux level, still 2-3 flights of stairs down. You'd either have to end up skipping the basement or you'd run out of songs before even reaching halfway through B2.

The Group going to B6 to clear with a singular DD is absolutely laughable. The Agon Halo is a mess up there, not sure if you've actually tried to fight things up there as a group. It's pretty rough. Think it took a full party like 8-10 minutes to clear B6 (factoring in travel), so I don't know where you're getting this idea that one DD can do it before SV songs drop. You'd have to skip the Agon group entirely to even have a chance, especially if the Halo is right in the middle of the group, because then you'd risk running into links and stress from your healer. Agon mobs have a crap ton of HP in B and they all have a -37% damage resistance, so killing them with one DD would have to be one where he can use various damage types to have a good shot, SV songs, and he'd basically have to one shot everything, which you probably can't do for 100k health. Maybe high HP dread spikes DRk survives best in this spot, but still the time to clear is not under 10min

Skipping the B6 Halo would be more sensible, but then once you clear B6 floor (again, I have doubts a singular DD can kill 60+ mobs spread across that huge map before songs/rolls wear off), you end up on B5, one flight of stair from the top where the end flux is. Where do you go from here? Back downward to meet the bard/cor for buffs, or go to the top for end reward? There's nowhere in between for the BRD/COR to warp up and meet you, they have to travel by foot through B3 >4 >5 up several flights of stairs. They are so out of the way clearing mobs that it's nearly impossible or impractical to meet the DD from B1/2 and buff him, and meet the DD from B6, because they are in completely opposite directions with no port nearby by the time their buffs wear.

When we were farming B for Moogle Mastery and gil, our group tried a lot of methods, including some I mentioned and a few standard setups. The amount of time needed just for travel in Sheol makes any paper strategy rip apart instantly. There is no reasonable method for clearing B and hoping for good gil+segs that is worth the effort vs just doing C for segs and 1m+ or doing A for gil and ~4k. It's really that simple.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-04 13:51:44  
After clearing 6 I would run downstairs (use some movement med or item) to start of 5 to meet BRD+Cor+dd And clear whole 5 from down to end conflux.
I'm not saying to do full clear on 6, you can for sure pass on agon for example. That being said you overestimate how big is 6th floor. It's for sure not bigger (both number of mobs and distance to travel) than 1 or 3 in C.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-04 14:38:12  
After clearing 6 I would run downstairs (use some movement med or item) to start of 5 to meet BRD+Cor+dd And clear whole 5 from down to end conflux.
I'm not saying to do full clear on 6, you can for sure pass on agon for example.

Movement items, really...? If you have to use movement speed items just to return to get buffs, that kind of invalidates that strategy since you're still wasting time. And you said "clear floors #/#" in your steps, so it sounded like you're saying to clear the whole thing.

That being said you overestimate how big is 6th floor. It's for sure not bigger (both number of mobs and distance to travel) than 1 or 3 in C.

I am talking about with one singular DD fighting beefy mobs vs the 1 or 3 DDs fighting the B1/3 fodder, it's a lot more time consuming. It may only be 4 groups if you skip the halo, but it's still fighting solo vs mobs that might not die to a single one shot ws. At least the group on B3 can bolters between camps because they may not need Chaos with SV songs, so they can make their larger map smaller just based on their group + kill speed + travel speed, and the DD on B1+2 can skip mobs if he chooses, but may not need to since the mobs are so much weaker.

Idk though, splitting up and skipping mobs just to save time so you can catch up to your group for buffs later seems needlessly complicated and roundabout. It's simpler to just do a full clear from 1-5 with a standard party, traveling upwards through fluxes the entire way killing as much as you can, and bolters the last 2-3min to the top to hit the flux.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-04 15:54:06  
Does anybody have some tips on how to deal ~6% damage on V20 Henwen?
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-11-04 16:27:49  
Does anybody have some tips on how to deal ~6% damage on V20 Henwen?

Use a PLD or RUN to hold hate and a MNK or WAR with some blunt damage spank him from behind. Or maybe even use a PUP to hold hate with the pet while the Master punches from behind. As long as you have some heals as well, even without buffs, it should be no trouble.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-04 16:29:29  
Idk if Purulent Ooze from Raaz lands. If not, PUP probably can tank Henwen indefinitely. If you have a decent Moogle Mastery, you may be able to summon some supporting Trusts and widdle it down on MNK (I think AAEV still gets ripped to shreds). Can call August+Valaineral+AAEV, Cornelia+Koru, and go HAM on MNK from behind with HF. Might be enough time to get off some damage.

edit - yeah what he said
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-11-04 17:30:45  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk if Purulent Ooze from Raaz lands.
I tried Purulent Ooze 16 times using the standard pet macc setup and it did not land. AAEV can survive for a little while (at MM40) due to shield blocks, so it should be possible to deal 6% before trusts get snapped in half.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-05 10:07:33  
Yeah... that's sorta the key.
Even with ChiBlast/ShijinSpiral/75% SubtleBlow you still have a few TP moves goin off and if one of those TP moves is Zealous Snort you're toast.

Can always reraise, summon more tank trusts etc.
Annoying but gets the job done more often than not I guess.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-05 10:57:29  
Which V20 targets are easily soloable (5% damage) on SCH? Like a good Helix MB and then maybe a couple of MBs.
I know Sgili for sure. What else? Marmorkrebs maybe?
By SimonSes 2022-11-05 11:02:46  
OD VE Automaton can do it quite easily.
I would think job that can dispel haste from snort can do it easily too. RDM crippling it with paralyze, slow, dispel etc. or BLU doing almost the same and using Black Halo with Maxentius should do it easily I think. At least with some higher MM rank. SCH can also probably just put helix on it and wait (bis SCH can probably do that to MANY if not all Gaol NMs).
By SimonSes 2022-11-05 11:03:18  
Which V20 targets are easily soloable (5% damage) on SCH? Like a good Helix MB and then maybe a couple of MBs.

All of them probably. Even heavily resisted Helix for like 2k damage will eventually do 5%, even if you will need to reapply it.
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-11-05 20:52:21  

Positron has done Ongo V20 on SCH.
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-06 01:38:48  
Ongo on V20 is doable for RP on SCH.
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 237 238 239