New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 237 238 239
By Creecreelo 2022-01-15 16:39:24  
Bumba V20 cleared!!

We changed drg to drk and naturally went 1/1 today lol

This time it did use Elemental Sforzo (New for us on V20!), so maybe it still uses all it's V15 ones.

It summoned the Chapuli as a pet, was pretty much a non-factor (no Spouting that's for sure...).

We didn't change much, but we saved our 2hrs until fetters came out to help push it faster, which appears to be 2min30 from the pull.

We got the blue proc this time, it reels back on its hind legs when you get Blue and felt pretty rad! It seemed to be the Shark Proc, so WS spam worked.

We didn't really change much, had nice RNG, and got blue proc. After the blue proc, dmg was still slow but it wasn't threatening us at all.
[+]
By Mrxi 2022-01-15 16:45:56  
Creecreelo said: »
Bumba V20 cleared!!

This time it did use Elemental Sforzo (New for us on V20!), so maybe it still uses all it's V15 ones.

It summoned the Chapuli as a pet, was pretty much a non-factor (no Spouting that's for sure...).

We didn't change much, but we saved our 2hrs until fetters came out to help push it faster, which appears to be 2min30 from the pull.

We got the blue proc this time, it reels back on its hind legs when you get Blue and felt pretty rad! It seemed to be the Shark Proc, so WS spam worked.

We didn't really change much, had nice RNG, and got blue proc. After the blue proc, dmg was still slow but it wasn't threatening us at all.
Only way to win is lucky shark proc yea. probably still uses 6 1 hours and a add for each, saying it uses 3 from 8 runs is not verry accurate. grats though.
 Asura.Aldolol
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-01-15 16:47:33  
So we tried Arebati with the strategy posted in the other thread and the "throw a couple of Minnes" to absorb the damage did not work for us, people still got hit for 400-500 damage, this was 2 minnes and indi barrier? occasionally the raaz would triple attack and just one shot someone.
By Lederic 2022-01-15 16:48:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Lederic said: »
Hello, I’m trying to solo rp farm t3 v15 on BST using ooze method but having trouble landing it.

Does anyone have the exact start down and how to land ooze? Also what’s the best trusts to use while trying to land ooze?

Run Wild
Familiar
Full Pet Magic Accuracy Set
Pet Magic Accuracy Food (Marine Stewpot so that it hits trusts, especially Rainemard since he uses Frazzle II and it's helpful to have it land)
*Preferably Master BST or some MLs added on
**Preferably MM45 or at least 38+ for survival/minor stat vomit

Summon Trust tanks to hold the monster, maybe some healers. Summon Rainemard. Engage boss for Tandem Strike, Fight with pet and attack once yourself to activate the bonus, then run out of range. Can try using Purulent Ooze a few times, carefully timing it between attacks, and if things get really bad, can Unleash > Purulent Ooze. You have to be really lucky to get it to land. I wasn't able to with everything I had on my BST, but apparently it can land on some bosses. But that's the basic rundown of it.

Thanks for this. So you have no been able to land it at all on any T3 bosses yet?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-15 16:49:35  
Personally, no. I have seen a video of a JP person doing it solo, but can't find the video. It's probably in here somewhere but not looking for it
By Creecreelo 2022-01-15 16:53:46  
Mrxi said: »
Bumba V20 cleared!!

Only way to win is lucky shark proc yea. probably still uses 6 1 hours and a add for each, saying it uses 3 from 8 runs is not verry accurate. grats though.

Quote:
--It only appears to have 3 possible 2hrs it can use at V20, we only saw the following:
Yaega
Brazen
PD

Hence why I mostly said seems/appears; I simply posted what was observed and experienced, but thanks for your input lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-15 17:00:21  

So buff even harder and pray for no Invincible/Yaegesumi and SB all the things?
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-01-15 17:19:23  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
So we tried Arebati with the strategy posted in the other thread and the "throw a couple of Minnes" to absorb the damage did not work for us, people still got hit for 400-500 damage, this was 2 minnes and indi barrier? occasionally the raaz would triple attack and just one shot someone.

That pig *** yeah. We did SV MinneV/MinneIV/Honor/MinuetV/MinuetIV. Bolster indi fury/barrier at 75%. The lion was probably our hardest fight outside of bumba 20 RNG. It was also a struggle on damage. RNG vs Regen. We didn't have BiS GEO (No Idris) or COR for it so there was room for improvement. Attack down, magic evasion down or defense down aura probably make it nearly impossible. Creelo did absolutely fantastic on SCH on that fight with the magic defense down aura. Our RUN used 14 Panaceas and tried to red proc with power slash to save himself. I rebuffed ice carol asap to stop fetters killing him after full dispel.
By Bazing 2022-01-15 17:28:23  
Lederic said: »

Thanks for this. So you have no been able to land it at all on any T3 bosses yet?

Very easy to land on Kalunga. Arebati resists alot but it's possible. Ngai never landed for me (in 2 runs including Unleash spam in one) which makes sense since Ooze is water based.
Haven't tried it on the other ones but I assume its doable on all of em except Ngai/Ongo (thunder). (feel free to correct me if anyone landed it on Ngai/Ongo)
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-01-15 17:47:23  
you can land ooze on ngai, just have to do it while aura is up
By Bazing 2022-01-15 17:51:12  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
you can land ooze on ngai, just have to do it while aura is up
Good to know, thanks!
By macsdf1 2022-01-15 19:29:19  
Sylph.Reain said: »

so what did u do
By Vaerix 2022-01-15 20:29:48  

That pig *** yeah. We did SV MinneV/MinneIV/Honor/MinuetV/MinuetIV. Bolster indi fury/barrier at 75%. The lion was probably our hardest fight outside of bumba 20 RNG.

Did anyone's RNG try to shadowbind as soon as add spawns to try and get a grace period for control?

EDIT: And/or shadowbind and move away from it?
By macsdf1 2022-01-15 21:24:30  
Vaerix said: »

That pig *** yeah. We did SV MinneV/MinneIV/Honor/MinuetV/MinuetIV. Bolster indi fury/barrier at 75%. The lion was probably our hardest fight outside of bumba 20 RNG.

Did anyone's RNG try to shadowbind as soon as add spawns to try and get a grace period for control?

wouldnt lion be easiest to A/B team anyways, since u normaly don't even proc the fetter.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-15 21:27:13  
If there's one thing I'm noticing about these vengence 20 fights more than anything else is that they're using their aura move A LOT more frequently than they did on vengence 15. I've fought several of these V 20 fights by now. Xevioso, arrebtai, ngai, and ongo... and I'm 100% certain that the aura moves are more favored for the mob to use. There's no way this can be coincidence if you ask me. After about a dozen fights or so they've just spammed the crap out of their auras consistently. The longer you let these fights drag on the more painful they become.. and the strengthening aura becomes a serious issue by the 3rd and 4th time they use it.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-01-15 21:27:18  
Our main strategy for all of them was to do our V15 strategy, change whatever buffs we need to survive and ignore the add outside of easy stuff like slow/elegy/paralyze.

My group was blessed with 2 players that I had a large amount of faith in that they can still cure through an add hitting them. I always think you should play to your strengths and that was one of ours. That said, for everyone if you aren’t in a strong Odyssey set like Nyame or Sakpata (or possibly Malignance) you are likely dead. It may not be possible to take a random WHM or SCH and expect the same performance from them.

There is some amount of luck. Bad luck on the debuff aura it does when it 1hrs, how much it spams the move that puts up its aura and whether you can remove it may cause losses but you can just try again.

This is what we did. I’m not saying these are the best strategies. I apologize in advance that my typing isn’t the best. I haven’t gone back and fixed things. I’ve probably missed some important points also. I use aura interchangeably meaning either the debuff it does when it 1hrs OR the glow the mob puts up after using it’s signature move.

For all the fights, the add gives the boss a strong Regen. The more DPS over the Regen you can do the least repeat damage you have to do. Stuff Like SV Requiem is good for all fights if you can keep it applied.

The accuracy values below are for the V15 fights but I don’t believe they have changed.

You can see Creelo’s post here for his thoughts.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/162/#3608691
======================================

Kalunga V20

Accuracy required: 1233 for 95%

RUN/BRD/COR/WHM/WAR/DRK

SV Dirge/Honor March/MinuetV/MinuetIV/MinneV
Replace Dirge on RUN with something else. Scherzo/Fire Carol/Ballad whatever.
Replace Minuets on WHM with Ballads.
Crooked Chaos/Samurai
Barfira
Slashing damage.

Rebuff RUN quickly after full dispel (I did victory march first) for hate tools. I didn't engage on BRD.
If DDs pull hate they likely lose all their buffs.
The full dispel+unfavourable debuff aura+brazen rush+fetters+add can drop the RUN if it uses unlucky TP moves.
Ignored the add outside of easy debuffs like elegy/slow/paralyze.
If it does aura our DRK did dark based damage multisteps to proc it while the RUN/COR/WAR held WS. Fire or Light SCs will heal it. If your DD is using a non slashing weapon to skillchain it you may not be able to break its stoneskin on your own.
Panaceas to help WHM out.
Xevioso V20

Accuracy required: 1367 for 95%

WAR/SAM/COR/BRD/WHM/SCH

SV Scherzo/Wind Carol/MinuetV/MinuetIV/Honor March. (No madrigal make sure your DD are capping accuracy).
Replace Minuet x2 with Ballad x2 on WHM.
Replace Minuetx1 with Ballad on SCH.
Crooked Chaos/Samurai
Baraera/Barparalyzra(?)
Embrava/RegenV
Piercing damage. Shining One x2.

We limited engaged people to 2 on opposite sides. Incisive Denouement was 1 shotting the sam in nyame with scherzo so we changed to Wind Carol.
Magic defense down aura may make Incisive Denouement 1 shot through Scherzo.
WHM Sacrifices zombie off the DDs. SCH removes paralyze from either the DD or the WHM if sacrifices takes it.
Don't run in for random deals/Wild card if aura is up. Remove it with critical hits.
If aura is up Wind/Light skillchains will heal it.
Incisive Denouement is big damage and a hate reset so we always keep 2 people DDing so it bounces between them. We limit tp feed from brd and cor. If the WAR or SAM died the Bard took over for them. If someone else dies the COR engages.
We got the attack down aura for this one so it ended up being slow but not too difficult.
Panaceas to help WHM out.
Ignored the add outside of debuffs like slow/elegy/paralyze. the SCH can accession Aquaveil to avoid interrupts and help heal.
Ngai V20

WAR/MNK/BLU/COR/BRD/WHM

WAR using club, MNK using H2H. BLU using club.
SV Scherzo/Honor/Minuet X3
Replace minuet X3 with Balladx2 MinneV on the WHM
Crooked Chaos/Sam
Tactician's (and potentially Gallant) for the BRD and COR.
Barwater/Bar???
Blunt Damage.

We've always kinda just threw DD at this and if one dies.. well you have 2 more.
BLU helps the WHM heal with White Wind.
If it does Carcharian Verve for Aura MNK/WAR/BLU/BRD/COR all WS. I do cyclone and COR does Leaden or Wildfire. Whether those work 100% I can't say. We usually have no problem proc'ing this at V15 it was a bit harder at V20.
It got a bit scuffed at the end. The BLU and the WHM finished it with the BLU getting Red proc from WS to remove the fetters when it put them out.
BLU may need to use Meds (or change to Tizona but i wouldn't recommend it) to sustain MP.
WHM has a lot to do this fight so Panaceas are helpful to remove things like Magic defense down.
Ignored the add outside of Elegy/Slow but it made the WHMs job difficult.
Arebati V20

RUN/SCH/RNG/COR/BRD/GEO

SV MinneV/MinneIV/Honor March/MinuetV/MinuetIV
RUN SV March/Ice Carol x2/Fire Carol/whatever songs you can keep up. Make sure to land SV Nocturne.
Crooked Chaos/Samurai
Bolster Indi Fury/Barrier from 74%. Don't need the barrier until it spawns the add. Entrust Attunment is nice for RUN.
Embrava/RegenV
Ranged Damage.

This was probably our hardest fight except for brute forcing bumba.
RNG is your main DD with Hover shot. COR shoots too.
The raaz it spawns at 74% really ***. Like it 1 shotted our RNG in Ohosi in like 1 second even with a SV minne.
Having to sacrifice offensive buffs to survive the pig really puts the RNG up against the Regen the add gives Arebati.
We used a Bagua+2 neck GEO and a not BiS ranged build COR but still good and it was definitely challenging DPS and healing wise.
Idris would have been hugely beneficial here I think. Attack down aura cripled our damage so if it's that you may need to try again.
This can be hugely challenging for the RUN to tank. Constant dispels. Fetters that get increasingly difficult to remove with crit proc.
Encumbrance that can lock you in a shitty set. Amnesia that can prevent you from using abilities. Magic evasion down aura+dispel+fetters will likely kill even extremely good RUNs.
I don't think i can overstate how challenging this was for our SCH to heal. We got the magic defense down aura. Constant dispels. A pig going wild on the backline and the SCH themselves. Fetters we couldn't remove.
I didn't dare engage on BRD to try and get Crits. I spent the whole time Replacing Ice Carol/Ice Carol II so the fetters wouldn't kill the RUN.
DO NOT LET IGNIS DROP. RUN will have to barblizzard themself too since SCH doesn't get it.
Elegy/Slow the add but otherwise ignore but it was brutal.
RUN will need many many Panaceas.
The RNG will likely pull hate around 50%. We Caper Emissarius the RUN at 50% or if the RNG starts pulling hate.
Random deals to reset double shot, triple shot and entrust.
Wild card to try and reset Tabula Rasa/SV/Caper Emissarius/Bolster/Double shot/Triple Shot.
Ongo V20

RUN/BRD/COR/GEO/SCH/BLM

SV Victory March/MinneV/Ballad X2/Sage's Etude
I tried to give the RUN, Marches/Madrigal/Lightning carol. Make sure to land SV Earth Threnody II.
Crooked Wizards/Caster
Geo malaise/Indi-Acumen/Entrust INT. The Geo may need to time the Malaise for right as the SC is happening.
Magic Damage.

This one didn't feel like too much of a step up from V15.
3x Tellus Gambit > 3x Tellus Rayke. (Note that the Rayke is far more important than the Gambit and you want it to be 5/5. Also make sure gearswap is equipping the relic piece for rayke windower has them listed under type: Effusion then Rayke.
Skillchain as fast as possible.
Make sure to Reapply Earth Threnody II if it wears. (I marcato it when SV songs are good but SV is down)
Do not run in for resets if it has aura up. Continue SC/MB and Magic burst to remove aura.
immanence Aero II > immanence Noctohelix > Steel Cyclone > Wildfire
Let the SCH put a massive Helix MB on it and it makes it far easier. MB as much as possible during the Rayke window. Try and push it to 74% and Elemental Sforzo quickly and redo Embrava/RegenV.
Random deal back Gambit/Rayke. Reapply continue. After Rayke wears off use Subtle sorcery and keep Skill Chaining. If the SCH runs out of stratagems do Steel Cyclone > Wildfire (> Wildfire) if the COR can TP fast enough with Triple shot.
Once subtle sorcery ends Wild Card and hope you get Tabula Rasa back. If you get a 6 and you get subtle sorcery back this fight becomes much easier. Reapply Gambit/Rayke. Continue MBing. Once Rayke wears try and random deal it back.
This one has a large element of luck towards it. Good Resets on rayke and a good aura make it a lot easier. If the aura is MAB- its probably a loss. -MACC wasnt great either.
Elegy/Slow the add but otherwise ignore. This one is challenging for SCH again but not as challenging as the lion. Once Embrava/boosted Regen V is gone the SCH has to make sure no one dies to the add or the RUN to ongo while also doing SCH/Magic bursts.
RUN should have Remedies/Panaceas to use so the SCH doesn't have to change Arts to remove debuffs.
We tried to time our ongo attempts to earthsday but we got our win on watersday.
Meds like Vile Elixir+1, Vile Elixir in bazaars and Coalition Ethers are useful.

Mboze V20

DRK/WHM/BRD/BST/BLU/COR

Honor/Minuet X3/Scherzo for DRK. OR Honor/Minuet X4. Note that if you don't do the scherzo and you let it TP, Uproot and possibly Canopierce likely 1 shot and cause a wipe. If you let it TP under 50% Tiiimeber likely wipes you regardless of songs.
Back line ended up with Ballad X2/Victory/Minne V,/Scherzo except the WHM who got 2 Minnes and 1 Ballad.
Crooked Chaos/Samurai for DRK. Caster’s for BLU. Potentially Tactician’s if you need more damage.
As much cureskin for the DRK as possible.
Wind threnody II is a must for the BLU spells to land well.
Slashing Damage

The JP TP reset strategy. BST using Fatso Fargan TP drainkiss. BLU using feather tickle and reaving wind.
DRK has to take care not to feed too much TP.
BST does killer instinct with Chapuli pet then TP drainkiss with Leech pet as much as possible.
Ignored the add outside of Slow/Elegy/Paralyze for most part. If you are low on damage you can use it for TP and savage the Tree but be real careful. (you can also Tactician's for TP).
For the most part the DRKs damage was just about enough damage to kill it in one set of songs. I was really relieved not to have to re-sing.
The add did kill our WHM with 1x Minne so I changed to 2x.
Make sure to Reapply Wind Threnody II if it wears. (I marcato it when SV songs are good and SV is down).
Soul Enslavement into Unleash TP drainkiss under 25%

Bumba V20

Accuracy required: 1384 for 95%

We tried:
BRD/COR/GEO/DRG/WAR/WHM and BRD/COR/GEO/DRK/WAR/WHM

SV Honor/Blade/MinuetX3 for DD.
SV Honor/Minne/Minne/Ballad/Ballad for WHM
Crooked Chaos/Sam
Fury/Strength. After 74% Bolster Fury/Strength. Before the 2min30 mark change to bolster fury/attunement.
Miso ramen(+1) for everyone but you may get away with Popo. Con Queso.
Fragmentation only.

Summons Fetters at the 2mins30 mark instead of the 4min mark.
Gain access to denounce.
Summons an add at 74%. We only saw Cracklaw/Chapuli/Matamata.
Chapuli hits very hard. Was hitting DDs in nyame and miso ramen for 900. Matamata has Debilitating Spout which is conal full dispel and zombie.
Our strategy was to brute force it. I was hoping for a blue proc or a 5 or 6 wild card.
I had intended to Zerg till Fetters/Denounce killed us then rebuff and finish it. However we didn't actually land a wild card except on our first attempt when we didn't know the new mechanic yet.
We had some bad luck with it nearly always choosing Yaegasumi as its 1hr and not hitting a wild card. We had one run where we got full dispelled by the Matamata at 7%.
I'm not gonna say it was a good strategy. And how typical our experience will be. We gave up last night after 12 or so attempts and tried again today and won 1/1.
Things we changed from the V15

GEO pulls. No asylum on pull. Bolster after 74% and before and before the 2min30 mark.
Asylum+Mighty strikes+Soul Enslavement right before it spawns fetters. Then Wild Card.

The Fetters are extremely nasty. They are hard to counter because they are all different elements. I think DDs have very little chance of surviving them without Bolster Attunement. They seem to do a number of debuffs.
ATK to 1. STR to 1. Panacea these off if they hit you. Our WHM was far too busy to ever stop curing. We used Miso Ramen+Bolster Attunement+a piece of all element resist gear to try and not immediately die. (I used Warder’s Charm+1 which technically doesn’t have light or dark resist)
While getting attacked by fetters bumba has access to denounce which is 90% of your HP or potentially more. Which is incredibly difficult to survive while fetters are hitting you.

The blue proc is one of T3s procs. Crits, Multi step SC, Magic burst or Simultaneous WS.

I probably wouldn’t recommend this strategy unless you’re sitting on a large amount of segments. We were thinking about changing strategies but we wanted to try the zerg again when people weren’t tired and were able to get the blue proc. If you get the blue proc the fight is likely free.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-15 22:10:04  
Note about the Ongo section, you might want to do Subtle Sorcery at the start because the BLM can ES MW Impact for a huge reduction in INT that lasts 3 minutes which is a pretty massive boost to damage. Otherwise they could wait until later to apply it.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-01-16 05:47:08  
Vaerix said: »

Can't really Shadowbind on pop cause SE's pop claim mechanics, but yes I pulled it away abit for Rng Bind. But you're only getting 3min~ bind with resets.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-01-16 15:23:44  
I didn't see it mentioned during the RP/amp talk, and I just thought about it now. With Amps costing 1500 Segments, and a V20 kill now rewarding 2112 RP, there's no reason to ever not Amp a V20 attempt. My group lost a Xevioso run early on (~80%) and still received 1700ish RP. Since you can convert the RP into Segments at a 1:1 ratio, you can now earn back some of your Segments for NMs you don't need the RP for. For those that are starved for Segments, this can help recoup some of the cost of lost attempts or helping others.

i'm dumb
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-16 16:46:09  
No, that's not true. Unboosted amplifiers cost 1500 segments and give a bonus 1408 segments on a V20, so you still lose more than you gain if you're converting RP to segments.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2022-01-16 17:34:26  
Unboosted Amped V20 kills reward 2112 RP
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-16 17:44:39  
Yes, 704 base, then 704 x2 from amp.

Unamped costs 3k segments, then you can redeem for 704 segments, for a net loss of 2296 segments.

Amped costs 4.5k segments, then you can redeem for 2112 segments, for a net loss of 2388 segments.
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2022-01-16 18:12:43  
Ah, you're right. Compared to not Amping, it is a slight loss. I was only looking at it as the reward RP being higher than the cost of the Amp. I didn't compare it to not Amping at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-16 18:33:11  
I mean, that's kind of an odd way to look at it.

For an additional 50% cost you get 200% gain

I see, different thing. As it ranks up though it'll shift to be more worthwhile, at 800 it would be. Won't get to 1:1 though

3k to pop and lose 2200 or
4.5 to pop and lose 2100
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-16 18:35:19  
We're talking about the situation where you don't benefit from the RP from that specific NM, so you'd transfer it back to segments.

The initial cost is sufficiently larger than the initial gain that 50% of the cost is larger than 200% of the gain.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-01-16 20:31:53  
Ranged Damage.
What weapon did you use on RNG? I used Annihilator for our V15 clear, because going ham on anything else ended up pulling hate no matter how much we tried to reset it.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-16 20:32:57  
Did you have Dirge?
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-01-16 22:31:34  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Did you have Dirge?
Yes, but when you're slapping the boss with 30k crit ranged attacks w/Armageddon, that doesn't help very much. Also, with the current strategy being more defensive songs, I don't think there's any room for things like Dirge or Sirvente on the tank.
First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 237 238 239