New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 237 238 239
By Guyford 2021-07-23 10:23:39  
You still get RP if Mboze regens.
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 10:27:13  
Yeah if you wipe and NM lose aggro and regen to full, you still get credit for damage you done till the point of wipe.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-23 10:57:03  
Guyford said: »
You still get RP if Mboze regens.

SimonSes said: »
Yeah if you wipe and NM lose aggro and regen to full, you still get credit for damage you done till the point of wipe.

Strong evidence in support of my theory, then. Not sure the easiest way to force a RP-crediting heal, do any of the lower tier NMs absorb elements or anything simple like that? I feel like dealan-dhe absorbs light skillchains, but not positive and wiki doesn't say.
By macsdf1 2021-07-23 12:56:41  
is it bad to nuke ongo on winday or lightning day? my nukes are so terrible
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-07-23 13:44:13  
Lightning day should not matter. Nukes will take a hit on wind day though.
 Asura.Sutebe
サーバ: Asura
user: tebe
By Asura.Sutebe 2021-07-24 13:05:12  
ive been trying to build my MM in sheol B for a while now and i just dont know whats stoping it from raising.

i have killed 3091 mobs, 2 of every nm, 250 chests, 69 coffers, 8 aurum lockboxes and a killed a few mimics(even if they are not listed)

I was at MM7 with far lower stats and I am still stuck at that. I am going to keep at it but does anyone have any idea what might be cockblocking me?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-24 13:07:08  
Asura.Sutebe said: »
2 of every nm

B is 3 of every NM. Once you start killing these, you will see a consistent MM increase every few runs.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-26 09:01:57  
May or may not be buried in here somewhere.

Anyone got a dat swap for the chests/coffers? Something more.... noticeable. So that I/We can spend less time actively scanning for a brown box on a purple floor surrounded by brown mobs.

Something that pops. Bigger and bright *** white? Maybe even as simple as turning all the chests gold like Aurums.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-26 09:05:48  
Turn thsm into giant pillars of light.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-26 11:04:04  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
It's probably mob specific, in my experience getting the extra RP was only from dealan dhe
No, happened to us on Bumba once or twice and a couple of other NMs too.

Can't really remember the others though, sorry.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-29 06:11:20  
I think I found a bug within Gaol.
While doing Sgili I noticed that Yagrush Cursna was hitting the Luopan, then I noticed the bubble was despawning a lot which would mean the bubble gets hit by the Doom. Which I ddint think was a thing. Or have I just missed the Doom train.. c.c
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-29 06:56:43  
A not too bad solution. Neon Pink sticks out... I'd like it to be bigger (that's what she said)

I don't know which ones they were (3 chest 2 coffer) But it's irrelevant, I don't care if all the chests in the game turn into pillars. (I didn't really need to change the coffers, you only have to spot chests, but whatevs.)

Rom 8/113
Rom 97/9
Rom 220/40
Rom 97/10
Rom 184/21
Change to; Rom9/2/102
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-05 17:59:15  
So today we learned, that if 2 people take you up to the same NM in Gaol you get transported back to lobby, losing 1 Moglophone II, and the 2nd guy loses 2 Moglophones II's.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-05 18:48:28  
That's not been my experience when my party simultaneously picked NMs.

The player who chose the NM second gets warped back to the lobby and their selection is not honored. They are then immediately warped to the NM the first player chose with the rest of the party, where only one moglophone II is consumed. I've had this happen too many times to count to where I thought maybe I did something wrong.

If you guys did lose moglophones, that sounds like a pretty annoying bug you should report, if it can be replicated. That's never happened to me though
By macsdf1 2021-08-06 12:44:37  
why are 2 peeps picking nms in the first place lol
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-08-06 23:02:46  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
So today we learned, that if 2 people take you up to the same NM in Gaol you get transported back to lobby, losing 1 Moglophone II, and the 2nd guy loses 2 Moglophones II's.
This is definitely a new development. Just happened to us tonight. The frustrating part is we have had multiple players queue simultaneuously in previous instances without this issue presenting itself.
By Shichishito 2021-08-07 00:27:13  
I think I found a bug within Gaol.
While doing Sgili I noticed that Yagrush Cursna was hitting the Luopan, then I noticed the bubble was despawning a lot which would mean the bubble gets hit by the Doom. Which I ddint think was a thing. Or have I just missed the Doom train.. c.c

if it's negative and it's vs GEO it's a feature, not a bug.
By SimonSes 2021-08-07 05:59:50  
Asura.Hya said: »
This is definitely a new development. Just happened to us tonight. The frustrating part is we have had multiple players queue simultaneuously in previous instances without this issue presenting itself.

But WHY... Whats the point of multiply people trying to warp to NM >.> Are you exploiting something you want to keep secret or something? Because it doesnt make sense at all.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-07 07:11:13  
But WHY... Whats the point of multiply people trying to warp to NM >.> Are you exploiting something you want to keep secret or something? Because it doesnt make sense at all.
Poor communication? Someone said ready, 2 people standing by the portal both tried to go in. Definitely not the weirdest thing that has ever happened. Obviously a non-issue in statics or organized groups because the same person will always warp you up.
By SimonSes 2021-08-07 07:43:48  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Poor communication? Someone said ready, 2 people standing by the portal both tried to go in. Definitely not the weirdest thing that has ever happened. Obviously a non-issue in statics or organized groups because the same person will always warp you up.

I can understand this happens like once per 30 runs randomly, but he is writing about "we have had multiple players queue simultaneuously in previous instances without this issue presenting itself.". I also recently heard about some exploit where you can go in on same job twice if you switch jobs right before you get warped, so Im a little suspicious its connected somehow.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-07 09:25:35  
Yea, they are both in the same shell too. You would think if it happened once to any of them, they'd have started using precautions. Of course, I'm still of the opinion that even being able to farm with 5% damage dealt is an exploit that undermines the entire content.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-08-07 09:29:01  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

I can understand this happens like once per 30 runs randomly, but he is writing about "we have had multiple players queue simultaneuously in previous instances without this issue presenting itself.". I also recently heard about some exploit where you can go in on same job twice if you switch jobs right before you get warped, so Im a little suspicious its connected somehow.
Speaking as someone that used to be in that group, if you're doing many hundreds of runs, then doing it once per 30 runs randomly would still make it happen quite a few times.

Sometimes the leader has an emergency during job change wait and has to afk, and he comes back and enters right when someone tries to enter so they can wait inside (because there's like 30 seconds left in the lobby), sometimes the person who normally enters isn't on that run and no one was specifically designated the popper so two people with access both press it right when everyone says they're ready, etc.

The first time or two we didn't know what was causing the camera weirdness, and even after we figured it out there wasn't any reason to particularly care to avoid it since there'd been no actual penalty thus far.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-07 09:54:31  
Asura.Hya said: »
So today we learned, that if 2 people take you up to the same NM in Gaol you get transported back to lobby, losing 1 Moglophone II, and the 2nd guy looses 2 Moglophones II's.

Nothing sinister, just Henwen which is easy so we don't even Tact roll in lobby.
So that 1 time I as pt lead tried to go up sametime as another in the pt.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-07 09:59:48  
There's no reason to impute any nefarious motive here. It's just a case of trying to preserve valuable lobby time so as not to lose your streak bonus. You can chalk it up to poor communication, but the idea is that in some cases, having someone else clock-watching is a good idea to keep the group moving, so that you don't get booted out of the zone and lose your bonus. In other events, multiple people can interact with portals, but you are never punished by it. Or, there is a message stating "Another party member is engaged with ...". I have no idea why Gaol does not have this kind of feature, it would solve this problem instantly.

Regardless of why two people would interact with the portal (which shouldn't be the focus of the issue), this is a terrible bug that causes people to lose RP, Segments, Time and their streak bonus. I am telling you from experience that this never happened before, so something they did in a recent update definitely changed Gaol. The behavior I explained in my first post is exactly what used to happen (you would warp down, then back to the lobby, then to the monster the first party selected). Nobody would lose any moglophones at all.

It is annoying and frustrating when things like this happen. Everything new they implement is riddled with bugs. At an unprecedented level. I have never seen an event with so many issues.
By DaneBlood 2021-08-15 00:32:34  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Rom 8/113
Rom 97/9
Rom 220/40
Rom 97/10
Rom 184/21
Change to; Rom9/2/102

Those rooms location looks to me to be missing a subfolder Indication (except the last one. am i missing something ?

nevermind figurds out its right after rom.
 Asura.Aessk
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2021-08-15 20:08:27  
I made a full list of notes for Sheol C mobs for Infobar.

notes.db Github Link

If you have Infobar, Just add notes.db to the same folder as the lua. And then in your settings.xml Your TargetMOB tag will need ${notes} added. Mine looks like this:
Code
<TargetMOB>${name} (${notes})</TargetMOB>

When targeting a mob the notes look like this:
Code
Nostos Imp (Resist: Blunt | Joke: No | Warning: Amnesia, Blaze Spikes, Sleepga | JA Aggro)

Joke refers to if they can be doomed with Cruel Joke or not. Based on the info in the BLU threads.

FYI, Make sure you save any notes you already have somewhere before replacing them.

And heres the list in plain text form if you just want to look at it. If I made any mistakes feel free to correct me.
Code
Agon Adjudicator	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Stun, Gear Removal
Agon Dignitary	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Stun, Gear Removal
Agon Marksman	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Stun, Gear Removal
Agon Rabblerouser	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Stun, Gear Removal
Agon Scallywag	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Stun, Gear Removal
Agon Vizier	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Sleepga, Shock Spikes
Agon Yojimbo	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Stun, Gear Removal
Agon Monarch	Resist: Slashing | Weak: Blunt | Warning: Eagle Eye Shot

Agon Clearmind	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing | Warning: Counter, Defense Down
Agon Defender	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing | Warning: Defense Down
Agon Footsoldier	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing | Warning: Mighty Strikes
Agon Infidel	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing | Warning: Defense Down
Agon Ritualist	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing
Agon Sharpshooter	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing | Warning: Defense Down
Agon Shieldsaint	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing | Warning: Defense Down
Agon Viscount	Resist: Blunt | Weak: Piercing | Warning: Hundred Fists

Agon Cleric	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing
Agon Heretic	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing | Warning: Sleepga, Ice Spikes
Agon Initiate	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing
Agon Instigator	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing
Agon Marquess	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing | Warning: Mijin Gakure
Agon Phalanx	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing
Agon Pilferer	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing
Agon Praetor	Resist: Piercing | Weak: Slashing | Warning: Invincible

Asena	Resist: Piercing | Warning: Hundred Fists
Bygul	Resist: Piercing | Warning: Perfect Dodge
Chaos Steward	Resist: Piercing | Warning: Manafont, Curse
Dabbat al-Ard	Resist: Piercing | Warning: Hundred Fists
Kurmajara	Resist: Slashing, Magic | Weak: Ice | Warning: Invincible
Lotanu	Resist: Blunt | Warning: Mighty Strikes
Wayra Tata	Resist: Blunt | Warning: Invincible

Nostos Ameretat	Resist: Magic | Joke: No | Warning: Dispel
Nostos Apkallu	Resist: Blunt | Joke: Yes | Warning: Counter, Sleepga
Nostos Bat	Resist: Blunt | Joke: No
Nostos Bats	Resist: Blunt | Joke: No
Nostos Bhoot	Resist: Slashing | Joke: No | HP Aggro
Nostos Bigbird	Resist: Blunt | Joke: No
Nostos Black Pudding	Resist: Magic | Joke: No | Warning: Sleepga | MA/JA Aggro
Nostos Bugard	Resist: Blunt | Joke: Yes
Nostos Chigoe	Resist: Magic | Joke: No | Warning: En-Dia
Nostos Clot	Resist: Magic | Joke: No | Warning: Heavy AoE
Nostos Cluster	Resist: Blunt | Joke: No | MA Aggro
Nostos Colibri	Resist: Blunt | Joke: Yes
Nostos Crab	Resist: Slashing | Joke: Yes
Nostos Dahak	Resist: Blunt | Joke: No | Warning: Heavy AoE, Dispel
Nostos Defoliator	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes
Nostos Diremite	Resist: Magic | Joke: No
Nostos Draugar	Resist: Piercing | Joke: No | HP Aggro
Nostos Flytrap	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes | Warning: Sleepga
Nostos Funguar	Resist: Magic | Joke: No
Nostos Gaganabo	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes
Nostos Goobbue	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes
Nostos Imp	Resist: Blunt | Joke: No | Warning: Amnesia, Blaze Spikes, Sleepga | JA Aggro
Nostos Jagil	Resist: Slashing | Joke: Yes
Nostos Karakul	Resist: Piercing | Joke: Yes | Warning: Sleepga
Nostos Korrigan	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes | Warning: Counter, Sleepga
Nostos Leech	Resist: Magic | Joke: No
Nostos Leopard	Resist: Piercing | Joke: Yes
Nostos Manticore	Resist: Piercing | Joke: No | Warning: Max MP Down
Nostos Marid	Resist: Piercing | Joke: Yes
Nostos Puk	Resist: Blunt | Joke: Yes | Warning: Dispel
Nostos Qutrub	Resist: Slashing | Joke: No | Warning: Cannot be slept | HP Aggro
Nostos Ram	Resist: Piercing | Joke: No | Warning: Cannot be slept
Nostos Raptor	Resist: Blunt | Joke: Yes
Nostos Rarab	Resist: Piercing | Joke: Yes | Warning: Mild AoE
Nostos Sapling	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes | Warning: Sleepga
Nostos Scorpion	Resist: Blunt | Joke: No | Warning: Heavy Damage
Nostos Soulflayer	Resist: Magic | Joke: No | Warning: Dispel | MA/JA Aggro
Nostos Spider	Resist: Magic | Joke: No
Nostos Tiger	Resist: Piercing | Joke: No
Nostos Treant	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes
Nostos Vulture	Resist: Blunt | Joke: Yes
Nostos Wamoura	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes | MA Aggro
Nostos Wamouracampa	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes
Nostos Wasp	Resist: Magic | Joke: Yes
Nostos Weapon	Resist: Piercing | Joke: No | MA Aggro
Nostos Worm	Resist: Magic | Joke: No
Nostos Wyvern	Resist: Blunt | Joke: Yes | Warning: Dispel
Nostos Ziz	Resist: Piercing | Joke: Yes

Edit: If you want to edit the notes.db, I used this software: DB Browser for SQLite

Edit: Removed Dispel from Apkallu -Thanks Trumpet
Edit: Added Dispel to Puks -Thanks Ringoko
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 21:21:12  
That's pretty coo, and double coo to share it
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-08-16 14:28:30  
that's awesome.... anyone have a shoel B list we can use to add to it?
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-08-16 15:13:00  
Wait, apkallus have a dispel? Thought they just had that aoe that gets potent on the high floors
 Asura.Aessk
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2021-08-16 15:32:54  
Oops, You're right. I don't think they do. I was copy/pasting a lot. I'll fix it now. You can use the DB browser program I linked at the bottom to make your own changes.
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 237 238 239