The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 237 238 239
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-14 14:42:48  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Man, y'all were fun on Bahamut. Definitely happy to be out in the boondocks of Vana'Diel again, but I needed a good distraction while waiting for some empy+1 upgrades at Monisette.
I wouldn't call it the boondocks moving to a server with no real endgame isn't moving to the rich club.

Definition of Boondocks.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-14 14:44:22  
Man, y'all were fun on Bahamut. Definitely happy to be out in the boondocks of Vana'Diel again, but I needed a good distraction while waiting for some empy+1 upgrades at Monisette.
I wouldn't call it the boondocks moving to a server with no real endgame isn't moving to the rich club.

Definition of Boondocks.

Y'ALL RACIST BRINGING THIS ***UP
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-14 14:52:27  

Definition of Boondocks.
As someone who live in michigan I thought of the bad boondocks lol my bad
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-14 14:56:09  
As someone who live in michigan I thought of the bad boondocks lol my bad

I knew this native Buckeye never liked ya.... ;) <3
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-14 16:07:35  
Chimerawizard said: »
So yea anyway anyone find a better setup or got a faster time on farming v15 ongo? We did sch geo blm cor run bard time was about 8 mins. Wanna get gear going for blm feet and legs.
Have you tried to pop a Kaustra? I tried once, but wasn't in very good magic acc gear so it did literal poop. I should probably make a set that doesn't use pixie hairpin+1 because I'm thinking every point of magic acc will be needed. same for INT.
Have you tried to land geohelix 2 for extra damage the run cor geo sch blm bard strat gives extra damage to mob and its not super hard hitting
By Chimerawizard 2021-05-14 18:48:47  
So yea anyway anyone find a better setup or got a faster time on farming v15 ongo? We did sch geo blm cor run bard time was about 8 mins. Wanna get gear going for blm feet and legs.
Have you tried to pop a Kaustra? I tried once, but wasn't in very good magic acc gear so it did literal poop. I should probably make a set that doesn't use pixie hairpin+1 because I'm thinking every point of magic acc will be needed. same for INT.
Have you tried to land geohelix 2 for extra damage the run cor geo sch blm bard strat gives extra damage to mob and its not super hard hitting
Yes, you can have a helix & kaustra on at the same time.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-14 20:23:05  
Yes, you can have a helix & kaustra on at the same time.
Sorry I misunderstood a little if you wanna land kasustra with more damage inside stuff like odyssey dINT plays a big part in it like you said. You have the right idea of switching more int and acc in over pixie hairpin in higher end stuff. While pixie looks nice the int from mobs seems alot higher so the more stats you can get the better. Hairpin gets outscaled in higher end stuff because of stats magic so in theory macc and int should help alot I'd like to test it vs stuff like ongo one day.
By Chimerawizard 2021-05-15 15:44:16  
this might be better asked in the random question thread.

If we brought someone into all the v15 fights without bringing them into v0/v5/v10 would they also be able to bring someone into the v15 fights assuming they have all the v15 clears for previous tier NMs or would they still need to get lower difficulty clears?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-05-15 16:34:20  
XxArkelosxX said: »
They get credit for the V15, they don't need the other Veng clears to take someone into V15 as long as they have the lower atonement prereq clears as well.

Can you expand on this a little more. I just went and got initial clears/unlocks (no RP earned). If I join groups and get myself v15 clears of every NM, without touching anything v5/v10, would I be able to enter v15 fights as party leader?
By zixxer 2021-05-15 16:59:28  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
XxArkelosxX said: »
They get credit for the V15, they don't need the other Veng clears to take someone into V15 as long as they have the lower atonement prereq clears as well.

Can you expand on this a little more. I just went and got initial clears/unlocks (no RP earned). If I join groups and get myself v15 clears of every NM, without touching anything v5/v10, would I be able to enter v15 fights as party leader?

Yes
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 16:34:20  
Ok, so I've got a question about one of Ngai's mechanics and I'm wondering how many others have encountered this. In most of my Veng 15 runs whenever Ngai uses protholithic puncture it hits me for anywhere from 2100-2400 damage. It's a really strong attack, but with barrier, omlette sandwitch, and a full hybrid set it's not hard for my monk to take the hit and move on. However... once in a blue moon when he uses protholithic puncture THIS happens

This happened to me just now in a run right after we pulled. He was at 85% or so when that attack spiked to unsurvivable damage. And I don't understand how or why. All the buffs were fresh and I know we had the following up

Bolstered Indi-Barrier
a Soul Voiced Minnie
I had protect V, was eating omlette sandwitch, and I was in 50% dt set

So now I have a few questions. Has anyone confirmed if this is a physical or a magical attack? If it's magical then I guess I just got unlucky and didn't resist, but if it's physical I can only assume that would mean it has a chance to critical like pugil's screwdriver or similar attacks. I've only seen this happen a couple times in over a dozen fights, but I want to know what causes it and if there's some manner of preventing it from happening as often.

For the record, this happened before he used his aura for the first time, so I can safely say that the damage spike had nothing to do with aura mechanics.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 16:44:13  
Puncture is a magic attack, and the number one reason why you want Scherzo for Ngai.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-16 16:44:36  
Scherzo will completely solve that problem and you might not even need all of those defensive buffs.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 16:47:26  
Protholithic Puncture isn't one of his one hit KO abilities. It's an attack similar to throat stab, however unlike throat stab it doesn't appear to be precentile based. It can kill outright. The shark has two one hit KO attacks. They are

Tidal Guillotine: This always KO's the target if their health is below 50% when it goes off, and does nothing if they're above half health. It's a single target attack.

Marine Mayhem: This KOs anyone standing between the 5 and 20 distance range, and does nothing to people closer than 5 or greater than 20.

Protholthic puncture is a single target attack that hits for massive damage and resets hate on the target, very much like tonberry's throat stab. It normally hits for 2100-2400 damage, and that's a lot, but it's not lethal. However, if it spikes like that it spikes HARD. I have NO idea what causes that. As far as I can tell, this is a physical attack. I can only assume it has a low chance to critical like a pugil's screwdriver (remembering the old old ooold days of experience party farming in valkurm dunes at the beach here). But I'm looking for some kind of confirmation from someone else who may have better or different insight than me.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 16:50:32  
Quote:
Scherzo will completely solve that problem and you might not even need all of those defensive buffs.

Scherzo was up as well. Our full buff lineup was Bolstered Geo-fury, Indi Barrier, entrust strength on my monk. Soul voiceed Honor march, victory march, minuet, minnie, scherzo, sam/chaos, and barwater/barsleep, boost-strr.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 16:51:51  
Quote:
Puncture is a magic attack, and the number one reason why you want Scherzo for Ngai.

That's the confirmation I was looking for. If it's a magic attack I must have just gotten unlucky. Maybe that bard missed a song and I didn't notice. I'll chalk that one up to the fates then and move on.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-16 16:52:51  
Sounds like you're missing carol in that buff spread, though I'm not sure why it would occasionally ignore scherzo and one shot.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 16:56:49  
The only thing I can think of is that the bard missed a song or messed up the rotation and I didn't notice. I'll admit I didn't verify every buff after he gave the go ahead and said songs were good, so I'm trusting that he did his job. I also didn't know what kind of attack puncture was, and none of the wikis specify that it's a magic attack, so that was why I asked. Thanks for the insights. You've told me what I needed to know.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 17:02:22  
BG wiki lists it as a magic attack on the Dakuwaqa and Rockfin pages, though it's got it wrong on the Ngai page.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-05-17 00:24:35  
So many reports in this thread, it actually showed up in my email. :O What are y'all doin?
By Foxfire 2021-05-17 00:25:51  
you're like. three days late to the show. what the heck
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-05-17 00:38:48  
Foxfire said: »
you're like. three days late to the show. what the heck

I've been busier since entering my 30s. Life's a weird ride.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 06:16:56  
Pretty sure everyone back to normal now tbh. So I saw the post about them saying they had other way beside rampart and random deal has anyone really tried anything else off the wall for timber?
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-17 09:11:31  
Confirming: the overnight patch fixed Amplifiers wearing off upon death.

F I X E D.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-17 10:53:04  

So all this time Mboze wasn’t supposed to be killed in the manner that people have conventionally killed it....

We have to brainstorm and discover the actual method that SE intended for Mboze to be defeated...

I always knew he wasn’t supposed to be this much cancer to deal with...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-17 11:03:02  
Looking at his set of TP moves, the mechanic of Timber, the hate reset of Uproot. I don't think a tank was ever supposed to be used. I think they wanted the full pet party setup with PUP/SMN/BST and appropriate support and for pets to juggle hate and damage with full COR and GEO buffs.

In my mind, that's the angle they were going for.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-17 11:04:14  
Japanese players use BLU+SMN TP reset strategy to completely block him from using abilities. I read something where they didn't even WS the entire time, just alternated (what I assume to be reaving wind and mew) abilities to keep it from a possible tiiimbeeet, but most of their damage was from melee attacks

Apparently they had a dark Knight also, full subtle blow with auspice. Might have WS once for am3 and let auto attacks handle the rest. Blu keeps reapplying defense down

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aramith9/status/1393250246692458499
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 237 238 239