言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 237 238 239
By Draylo 2021-05-10 09:15:37  
People excited to use addons to auto RA their mule armies. People happy to artificially chop the life of content in half. People running to max out as fast as they can to sit in town or quit. What is happening to the beautiful ffxi! We need Tanaka.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-05-10 09:29:21  
Asura.Syto said: »
Well there you go guys... your prayers answered, this grind isn't going to be as long as you thought..
What would have been better would be if the final bonus segments were inverse for A/B/C.
Such that all three would get you basically the same amounts.

For example, now that we know it's +25% of what you farmed up before touching the exit: if they made A's bonus be something like 2~3x the farmed amount, and B being +75%... that should roughly make farming A, B, or C for segments equally viable.
The actual bonus %s could easily be adjusted; 2~3x/+75%/+25% is just about what my groups would get equally between each zone.

As to why they should do it like this: capitalism.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-05-10 09:56:46  
Does the changes to hover shot realistically change any strats to v15 nms t3? I haven't really done anything yet but the fact rangers can now shoot at range with 100% increased ws seems ideal for this content especially since they were okay in some before
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 10:18:09  
Draylo said: »
People excited to use addons to auto RA their mule armies. People happy to artificially chop the life of content in half. People running to max out as fast as they can to sit in town or quit. What is happening to the beautiful ffxi! We need Tanaka.
What we need is for SE to extend content by taking subjobs and making it so you dont get to pick the jobs for fights they pick them for you!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-10 10:42:09  
ngl I would very much enjoy job roulette. It's kind of impossible, but it would be highlarious.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-10 10:53:35  
zixxer said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is the bonus for touching the last thing party-wide or just for the person who touches it?
Just for the person that touches it.
Oh and make sure your inventory is NOT full or you won't get the bonus. LOL. Happened to one of our members at the very last second of the run. Couldn't get the bonus wings and segments because of that reason.
[+]
By Agrestic 2021-05-10 10:58:38  
this is the 'one time bonus' effect. 9x RP.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-10 11:04:09  
Yzen said: »
Whats the best sub for brd -- if helping DD's take down mobs that are slept? Any BRD's [NO CARN -- I know macc / magic duration sets help] know how long Horde lullaby lasts typically for Sheol C mobs?
Naegling Battlebard and use the hat from the event ending extremely soon if you ever need to emergency raise the whm.
Blurred harp+1 is BiS for horde lullaby.
If you have a run they might be using shockwave to tag everything anyway, so your sleeps aren't really even needed.
/nin seems to be the go to sj for me so that you don't die if you're soloing a mob down.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-10 11:06:15  
Agrestic said: »
I'll take it. So, you can either spam 3 Bumbas(4500+4500+4500=13500 segments) or do a triple run then a Bumba run(9000+1500+3000=13500 segments) and get the same RP either way. But, if you can do useful NMs in the triple run, you end up augmenting secondary sets for free.

I'd still rather they actually forced people to do it the way it was designed, but that's a pretty decent reward for the groups willing to tackle it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 12:10:22  

This is nice.

So, the only prerequisite to get the 9x RP bonus is that you have to kill 3 NMs in a row and receive RP? Or do you have to first use a Mog Amplifier for one of the three initial consecutive runs, and then on your next run use another amplifier for the 1 time 9x bonus to that boss? Wondering if you could solo/lowman 3 T1/2s just to get the system message, and then just pop one amplifier for the 4th NM on the next Gaol visit for the huge bonus. Only a difference of 1500.

This line right here doesn't actually say you need to first use an amplifier on the initial 3 runs, only on the 4th run you pop the amplifier:

Quote:
If the players engage in three battles in a row and earn reinforcement points from all three, the amount of reinforcement points granted by the mog amplifier the next time they enter a Sheol: Goal will be greatly increased for one time only.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-10 12:12:31  
So what's the mog amp RP bonus for vanilla kill without the 3x streak?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 12:13:01  
its triple RP. 1176
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-10 12:24:46  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So, the only prerequisite to get the 9x RP bonus is that you have to kill 3 NMs in a row and receive RP? Or do you have to first use a Mog Amplifier for one of the three initial consecutive runs, and then on your next run use another amplifier for the 1 time 9x bonus to that boss? Wondering if you could solo/lowman 3 T1/2s just to get the system message, and then just pop one amplifier for the 4th NM on the next Gaol visit for the huge bonus. Only a difference of 1500.
The size of the bonus depends on the average V levels of the 3 fights, so you have to do 3 V15 kills to get the full x9 bonus.
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-10 12:28:30  
It's basically amb. seal for Odyssey.
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 12:33:52  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The size of the bonus depends on the average V levels of the 3 fights, so you have to do 3 V15 kills to get the full x9 bonus.

He is asking about something else.
Description in patch notes is that getting special bonus on amplifier (special as other than simple x3) comes from doing triple fight in a previous run
So its not A1 V15 > A1 V15 > Bumba V15, but 3x V15 A1, then Bumba V15 in next run. Question is if its really like update notes suggests? Then second question is when you actually use amplifier in this mechanic? Only on Bumba run?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 12:37:49  

Simon covered it
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-10 12:39:40  
I know what he's asking about, but was correcting the line where he asked if getting RP from 3 NMs in a row was the only prerequisite to the 9x bonus.

Based on the wording, it's almost certainly the follows to get the max bonus:

Run #1:
V15 NM #1 > V15 NM #2 > V15 NM #3

Amplifier is now empowered for the next run. Depending on whether "foray" refers to one NM or one Gaol run, it could result in:

Run #2:
NM #1 (9x bonus)

OR

Run #2:
NM #1 (9x bonus) > NM #2 (9x bonus) > NM #3 (9x bonus)

Basically, does the seal wear off when you exit an NM, or when you exit Gaol?
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-05-10 12:51:28  
As we've seen from the Hover Shot changes, interpreting the patch notes literally is a dangerous thing. We'll just have to wait for people to try it out and report on it...
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-10 12:52:07  
I know what he's asking about, but was correcting the line where he asked if getting RP from 3 NMs in a row was the only prerequisite to the 9x bonus.

Run #1:

Amplifier is now empowered for the next run. Depending on whether "foray" refers to one NM or one Gaol run, it could result in:

Run #2:
NM #1 (9x bonus)

OR

Run #2:

Our seal wore off after 1 V15 Kalunga. Worked exactly like an Ambu Seal for us EXCEPT, brace yourself for this one, it wears off when you die.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-05-10 12:54:54  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Run #1:

Run #2:
NM #1 (9x bonus)

OR

Run #2:

Our seal wore off after 1 V15 Kalunga. Worked exactly like an Ambu Seal for us EXCEPT, brace yourself for this one, it wears off when you die.

So it wore immediately after you received the boosted RP (as opposed to immediately after you left the instance)? Meaning it does not last throughout an entire instance (i.e., the same amplifier wouldn't remain active for all 3 NM's in the same instance)?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-10 13:01:04  
"Belkin's Moogle Amplifier effect wears off.

You receive 1176 RP from Kalunga for a total of 2146."

Is what I just pulled from my log and that was the first (and only) NM we did in the gaol instance.
[+]
By Agrestic 2021-05-10 13:06:23  
screenshot pulled from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PY0G26GlMY

You do 3x fight on one gaol trip. Amp use doesn't matter.

next time you enter gaol, use amplifier, get 9x bonus exactly once. Using amps on subsequent fights within the same visit to gaol only provides 3x bonus.

This encourages all groups to do 3 fights per gaol visit every time to maintain the rolling one-time bonus of 9x.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 13:19:46  
There you go Thorny, so instead of A1 V15 x3, you can actually do V15 A3 and 2x A1 V15 in one run to keep the boost and actually rank faster. Since that will cost 10500 instead of 13500.

So you can actually cap one piece with 4 runs like that (with some spare RP for next piece even!), while also get 3136 RP for other random A1 augments. So we are down to less than 42k segments to cap one piece.
By Guyford 2021-05-10 13:20:25  
Someone should submit a bug report that amplifier wears when you die. I guarantee that's not how they intended it. Lets get them to fix it ASAP.
[+]
 Valefor.Heabea
サーバ: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2021-05-10 13:56:05  
Guyford said: »
Someone should submit a bug report that amplifier wears when you die. I guarantee that's not how they intended it. Lets get them to fix it ASAP.

Just confirming, Belkin, when you say wore off when you die, is it when you get KO'ed in the fight (ex: GEO get killed by AOE) or simply "die" as in your team times out in the fight?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-10 14:05:25  
Valefor.Heabea said: »
Guyford said: »

Just confirming, Belkin, when you say wore off when you die, is it when you get KO'ed in the fight (ex: GEO get killed by AOE) or simply "die" as in your team times out in the fight?

Just sacrificed an Amplifier right now in the name of science. If you die for any reason, in any zone, on any job, that amplifier goes to Hell.

It happened mid-fight in Kalunga and then I just tried again using a seal and dying out in the wilderness. The amplifier is with Jesus now.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-10 14:16:57  
SimonSes said: »
There you go Thorny, so instead of A1 V15 x3, you can actually do V15 A3 and 2x A1 V15 in one run to keep the boost and actually rank faster. Since that will cost 10500 instead of 13500.

Doing braindead A1 V15 isn't meaningful content, still no incentive to try a difficult run.. even ***tier groups can do a pair of A1 nms without real jobs. Though, given the playerbase reaction, it's probably the right move from SE anyway. FFXI players don't want to be challenged.

However, since the amplifiers stack to 99, my next question would be whether you can use them on NM#2 and NM#3 of a run. If so, you could get 9x credit on all 3 NMs and that'd give a supreme benefit if you could fit a T3 in there. It doesn't read like this is the case, though it'd certainly be a great incentive if so.
By drakefs 2021-05-10 19:13:51  
next time you enter gaol, use amplifier, get 9x bonus exactly once. Using amps on subsequent fights within the same visit to gaol only provides 3x bonus.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-10 19:57:27  
Got this on my 3rd kill of the instance. I did not use mog amp, but 1 of my PT member did.

Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-10 20:06:45  
idk if this is new or not, but We did bumba > t1 > t2, timed out on t2 152RP worth, got that bonus anyway.

Used amp the next run, got 3528 RP on bumba, isnt that the full amount?
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 237 238 239