フォーラム » FFXI » General » Post valentines day massacre
Post valentines day massacre
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-19 19:36:47  
Several people are getting banned temp/perma on this server within the last few minutes of each other. Anyone else having this issue on other servers?
 Phoenix.Miraun
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-19 19:40:26  
That's me!

Permanent because I got an LM-17 back in the salvage days because we tested whether or not the cell drops were duplicated.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 19:42:08  
Yes, its been posted about several times with several threads. They turned their auto ban system on and its picking up people POS hacking, speed hacking or any kind of AFK automated botting for a period of undetermined time. That seems to be the general consensus amongst the people I've talked to recently who have been suspended.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 19:42:31  
All good at the moment, is this just heresay
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-19 19:45:00  
I didnt mean that people in general getting banned but what i was asking is this another ban wave like 'thanksbanning'? or just a coincidence
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 19:45:57  
As of right now all the known bots are in all the known spots, nothing going on (here) ((yet))
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-19 19:46:19  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
All good at the moment, is this just heresay
no. its people i know, confirming it happening. The first one then the other one happened while telling about the other one.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 19:47:02  
Yes its happened every WED, that is when the waves go out. Can you tell us what you or your friends did, so people know.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-19 19:49:07  
The e-mail I received specified today.

I did warp around Ro'Maeve in order to get some Illuminks for an Aeonic run this evening... completely empty zone.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-19 19:53:31  
As far as i know, basic tako and windower based addons. One has used PoS warp today while farming, the other has not done that and doesnt know how to. If you're asking about duping or something even more serious, that neither of them have those kind of things. I know theres purist who shun the idea of any windower addons, or using tako for ja0, etc. but most people who still play on this server use windower and tako. They havent botted exp or vwnm or dragons either.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 19:54:02  
Does not matter what day you commited the offense, it just states the day they issue the ban. You could have done it last week on a THUR and get nabbed for it today. POS hacking when a auto-ban is active is an easy way for a ban, they can detect it even if nobody has reported it.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-19 20:14:54  
Nah, that's good info. Was definitely confused when they implied it was today, because I barely did anything today!

What really bothers me the most is that my LS didn't really do anything back in the salvage days. We had duped a few cells just to test out what we had heard on BG, but never used it to dupe 15/25/35s. And I don't think any of us realized that the ramifications were permanent and that they'd be used against me over a decade later. (1/22/2009).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 20:18:31  
Permanent records and life-time bans are pretty ridiculous on a video game. (just for "cheating" other things it's reasonable)

On the brightside you can get absolutely everything you lost in like a week, you won't even miss it long.

But yeah they list the day they suspend you not the day you did anything. They should really be more clear on that part at least.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 20:22:21  
Draylo said: »
POS hacking when a auto-ban is active is an easy way for a ban
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-19 20:24:07  
Completely agree. I got impatient waiting for Ro'Maeve pots to respawn for Illumink to throw together the pops.

Well, on the plus side, I still have my FFXI Fan gathering confirmed ticket...

So. I think this means that I'll definitely be going to ask them about that policy!
By Draylo 2020-02-19 20:27:51  
Yeah, sadly its one strike and the next you're toast. Doesn't matter how long ago it was. Truthfully it is easy to remake your character but the missions are such a chore, especially without being able to use those tools lol. If you have any special items it sucks to lose those too and obviously your name if you care about it.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-19 20:35:10  
Nah, honestly, not worth it.

I mean, it is an old game, but rebuying the collector's edition, and going through all of that nonsense again... absolutely not worth it. I know in the grand scheme of things, 2 mythics, 2 relics, 5 aeonics isn't much, but BiS PLD, DRG, and SMN gear... I just can't validate the money and timesink to just get back to where I was, let alone the time loss that I would otherwise be climbing.

I have filed an appeal, and as I posted before, I'll speak up during the fan event next Thursday, because why the *** not... But whatever, if it's over, it's over.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-19 21:50:28  
You can't quit, its the best game ever ;/
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
user: ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2020-02-19 23:14:16  
He didn't quit, he was fired!
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-02-19 23:32:36  
Permanent records and life-time bans are pretty ridiculous on a video game.
Draylo said: »
Yeah, sadly its one strike and the next you're toast.
agreed, there really shouldn't be any permanent records or second chances. ban on first offense.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 23:38:14  
That's stupid its a damn game

Unless you're directly ruining someones experience (racism griefing stalking etc) just leave it alone.

And if you're going to say "but you always say its a job" it became a job after they banned me from the game.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-19 23:41:42  
Someone damaged him as a child, maybe Tanaka gave him a spanking
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-19 23:55:45  
Shichishito said: »
agreed, there really shouldn't be any permanent records or second chances. ban on first offense.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-02-20 00:02:07  
tanaka promised barance but he never delivered ; ;.

That's stupid its a damn game

Unless you're directly ruining someones experience (racism griefing stalking etc) just leave it alone.
we had the "it doesn't affect me" discussion too many times and iirc i even remember you having a slightly more critical/self reflecting view on that subject than most other cheaters. did the recent bans that also cought some of your own bots cause the change in your mind?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 00:08:16  
Keyword, directly
By Shichishito 2020-02-20 00:13:21  
bots arguably affect you more directly than for example racism. you can black list anyone who uses racial slurs and never have to deal with him again. you can't ban bots.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-20 08:54:20  
Phoenix.Erics said: »
As far as i know, basic tako and windower based addons. One has used PoS warp today while farming, the other has not done that and doesnt know how to. If you're asking about duping or something even more serious, that neither of them have those kind of things. I know theres purist who shun the idea of any windower addons, or using tako for ja0, etc. but most people who still play on this server use windower and tako. They havent botted exp or vwnm or dragons either.

I don't even know what 'Tako' is.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 08:57:29  
Racism on a video game or online forum != Real-world Racism. It's basically name-calling, which is easily handled by blocking the person. It does not affect anyone beyond hurting feelings and showing how much of a bigot a person is while hiding behind a computer screen. Zero impact on you as a player or game experience.

Botting/Cheating is totally different ballgame. Amazing you can be temp/perma'd for yelling out slurs for a few seconds, but around-the-clock botting you're practically immune to punishment. Insane standards in this game for sure.

Odin.Senaki said: »
I don't even know what 'Tako' is.

sp33d h4x
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-20 08:58:17  
Permanent records and life-time bans are pretty ridiculous on a video game. (just for "cheating" other things it's reasonable)

On the brightside you can get absolutely everything you lost in like a week, you won't even miss it long.

So you can get 14 Aeonics, 2 Ergons, 5 Relics, and 4 Empys in a week?

Do tell how this is possible, as it seems like pseudoscience.
I don't think it's worth taking any actions that risk being banned for. I love this game, and put a lot of time into it. Using third-party softwares just isn't worth it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8