Post valentines day massacre
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 13:43:12  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Is that a good or effective system? Not especially.

May not be effective against RMT, but it's going to be increasingly effective against players.

The more people stop cheating, the higher the likelihood the remainder get pulled. All they have to do is keep it up at the same low rate and eventually people will get the idea.
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 13:46:32  
So conform to the rules we enforce sometimes, on sunday of every other leap year, or be destroyed.

Oh, cool, your right, i did get the idea xD
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 13:47:41  
They're not going to willingly stop though. Some might sure. But the greed. Overwhelming.

Smoking causes cancer, does that stop smokers? Same difference.

The reward is too high and the risk is too low, and if you manage to get got, you can start new, faster than ever. (you don't need 15 aeonics 3 mythics and 12 relics) and if you're like me, when you get banned, you cheat MORE when you come back...
By mhomho 2020-02-20 13:53:57  
Just so you knnow, it's
Kujata.Tetsuiga said: »
leap year
this year.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 13:55:22  
if you're like me, when you get banned, you cheat MORE when you come back...

Inb4 you will start robbing banks, selling organs in black market and drugs in school just because you were banned from FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 13:57:28  
Son. If the police didn't cheat, I would rob banks. But they've got too much technology on their side. And the penalty is too high for failure.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-20 13:58:19  
Son. If the police didn't cheat, I would rob banks. But they've got too much technology on their side. And the penalty is too high for failure.
Banned from LIFE.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-20 13:58:53  
They're not going to willingly stop though. Some might sure. But the greed. Overwhelming.

The reward is too high and the risk is too low, and if you manage to get got, you can start new, faster than ever. (you don't need 15 aeonics 3 mythics and 12 relics) and if you're like me, when you get banned, you cheat MORE when you come back...

He does have a point.. if they came and ousted me right now there’s a very strong chance I’d just start over. But with stronger Multi-boxing skills and bots.

Matter of fact? Bring it! Tired of being a Galka anyway lol
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-02-20 13:58:54  
This is my bet.
If you do something, you go in the pool, get reported you go in the pool, if you get drawn, you lose. It's a big pool though. and how many numbers get drawn? random.

Is that a good or effective system? Not especially.

I think the idea is it's supposed to be if they do random bans, they can keep botting/etc down without banning 90% of Asura. I also think it's not gonna stop anyone.

The 'grey area' cheaters who just want to use things to compensate for stuff like having a life would quit if they couldn't use their third party tools anyway. If they were deterred from botting/etc, they'd just quit.

The 'black area' cheaters are probably RMT in some way, let's be honest.
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 14:00:23  
mhomho said: »
this year.

The plot intensifys
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 14:00:40  

You still can be an old granny pickpocket.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-20 14:03:26  
I have no words. I am decidedly L-E. But the bolded....
By Shichishito 2020-02-20 14:16:39  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
and SE has never targeted gil buyers in the history of the game.
but yeah no one has ever informed me that they were banned or suspended, any amount of time after a purchase.
lets be honest, neither of you would announce the news if a customer directly informed you SE indeed does ban for gil buying and if one would claim so on a public board both of you would probably play the "he/she also used takko/bots/whatever and thats what got him banned" card.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 14:22:11  
If anyone ever tells me they got banned, I have no problem telling everyone else it happened to them (without names)

Just like I have no issue admitting when they ban a character of mine (no names)
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 14:32:26  
Shichishito said: »
lets be honest, neither of you would announce the news if a customer directly informed you SE indeed does ban for gil buying and if one would claim so on a public board both of you would probably play the "he/she also used takko/bots/whatever and thats what got him banned" card.

We got 17(18?) years of history where buyers haven't been banned. If a thread starts out of nowhere, I'd be more inclined to think it's a sock by one of the zealots than someone too stupid to read the part of their email saying 'third party programs'.
 Lakshmi.Likos
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Likos
By Lakshmi.Likos 2020-02-20 14:32:39  
I'm glad I got banned for something cool like duping and not something lame like using sprint/tako
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-02-20 14:35:19  
Lakshmi.Likos said: »
I'm glad I got banned for something cool like duping and not something lame like using sprint/tako
lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Nikkije
サーバ: Bahamut
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-20 14:46:19  

LOL ... so much this. I couldn't have said it any better. Besides, you're not getting your new level 1 character back up to speed in a jiffy unless you hit them tools even harder.
By Shichishito 2020-02-20 15:18:44  
how would you convince ppl to pay a lot of money for a finite amount of gil if they could run a bot for free for a potentially infinite amount with the same risk of getting banned?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 15:21:19  
Easiest answer ever. Time.

You can run a single bot for a damn year, or drop a hundred bucks for instant gratification. *** hell man come on lol.

P2W ONLY works because time is valuable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-02-20 15:23:39  
Sad that my immediate thought was another mass shooting in the USA.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 15:25:08  
Well, for one, there's not the "Same risk of getting banned". Also, running bots still requires some level of maintenance and work. You do have to sell stuff to make the money. So as stated, time. You also forget that some people have more money to throw away than they know what to do with, and they don't really care about spending it frivolously. Might not make sense to you or me, but it's true.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-02-20 15:48:36  
nah man, i don't see ppl spend real money for virtual currency when they are aware they might already lose their investment next wednesday. of course that wouldn't stop really rich people to still buy gil but really rich ppl get bored quickly and move on to the next thing and lets not pretend FFXI is the hottest poop among the upper 10k.
sales would definitely tank.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 15:55:55  
It's all temporary. Servers could shut down tomorrow. But if everyone thought that way there would be all sellers and no buyers because why bother. Nothing would be worth anything. Then they actually would shut the servers down.

Why do people buy ferrari's when they're just going to die eventually anyway? Cause they want to drive that ***. The sooner you buy it, the more you can use it.

(this is the mode I'm in, my characters should all be banned tomorrow so I don't buy anything anymore)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 17:34:54  
Sort of pro tip, if you crash the game during the long as *** cutscenes it's faster to log back in than actually watch them and the game will flag them as watched.

It doesn't work on every cutscene though, if anyone had or made a list where it did work they would be a damn hero.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-20 18:30:27  
Sort of pro tip, if you crash the game during the long as *** cutscenes it's faster to log back in than actually watch them and the game will flag them as watched.

It doesn't work on every cutscene though, if anyone had or made a list where it did work they would be a damn hero.
You should probably start that list and maybe others will add too it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-20 18:32:17  
Yall make this thread sound so depressing.

Quote:
Anyone who says this game is the best game out there has some problems and is probably somewhere deep in the spectrum.

Why are you such a hater? Even posting hate comments on people screenshots :/. I'd say thats real deep in the spectrum.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 18:54:44  
Im not sure whats going on on this and the other thread anymore.
By Oderic2 2020-02-20 21:57:04  
Good.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8