users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » September 2019 Version Update
September 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Empyrean
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-11 18:21:16  
true, but it isn't like I personally blm all that much to begin with. Most fights end fairly quick and I have aspir, refresh, and convert
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-11 18:21:52  
Eh, MP becomes less and less of an issue, club does have MP restoral too, just not as much, but it has AoE and if the whole group has it, maybe it's good enough.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-09-11 18:22:22  
and af body and... I guess moonlight is a thing sorta...

and I guess you could always do the aeonic staff trick thingy if you're so inclined
By missdivine 2019-09-11 19:43:08  
Funny how this rod outdated Ambuscade rod by a lot on everything but weapon damage, Too bad blu can't use it.

Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-09-11 22:03:44  
Still need recipe for salted dragonfly trout, havent seen it posted.

It is apparently very low level and a pretty lame recipe.

Cooking
Fire Crystal
Level 52
Rock Salt x1
Dragonfly Trout x1
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-09-12 18:56:41  
what stupid ***did they break this time with spaghetti
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-12 21:15:58  
missdivine said: »
Funny how this rod outdated Ambuscade rod by a lot on everything but weapon damage, Too bad blu can't use it.

From a casting perspective, sure. But Maxentius has pretty nice melee ability with substantially more DMG (200 versus 150 on Daybreak), 22 more skill, and Acc+40. Plus the Black Halo damage +50%.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 00:38:51  

Quote:
An issue where the damage dealt from the weapon skills “Flaming Arrow” and “Hot Shot” may have surpassed the limit of 99,999.

They. Did. 90 minute maint. 2 years after discovery. For that.

Oh man, the spite from Frod
Quote:
02-07-2018 08:31 PM
Quote:
Now, the people involved in this are the salty *** and I'm glad he reported it to spite and troll them. It clearly worked too.
A year and a half later....
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53692-Hot-shot-breaks-damage-cap
[+]
By Prong 2019-09-13 01:07:31  
Torzak said: »
Afania said: »
If I remember correctly one single croc rdm can parse 30% dmg of entire pt and cor war brd SC dmg do the rest 70%.

RDM has been able to do 30+% of the dmg long before Croc came on the scene in a large variety of content.

Is that you, Snore???
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-09-13 01:13:39  
Indeed.

After 2 years they discovered such unbalanced bug everyone is abusing and have to make an emergency maint instead waiting next scheduled maint OR the previous maint... that was 3 days ago...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-09-13 01:18:34  
Games up.

Back to work, scrubs
By Draylo 2019-09-13 01:42:35  
Remember how long it took them to fix the beetle foot?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-09-13 07:47:26  
So, in last night's update, did they ninja nerf drop rates on VE Lilith? Or was it really just adjusting the 2 ws's?
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-13 08:39:14  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
So, in last night's update, did they ninja nerf drop rates on VE Lilith? Or was it really just adjusting the 2 ws's?

It has to be just the two weaponskills and the qutrub delay display error. I've done some Easy mode runs in a Blu + THF duo with trusts and got Ear, chapeau and gloves after maintenance.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-09-13 09:19:26  
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

It has to be just the two weaponskills and the qutrub delay display error. I've done some Easy mode runs in a Blu + THF duo with trusts and got Ear, chapeau and gloves after maintenance.
Thanks. I guess I'll get back on it.
By Torzak 2019-09-13 09:52:54  
Prong said: »
Is that you, Snore???

I don't know who Snore is or if it's a joke or a reference to something else.

I'm Torzak from Carbuncle. Being an advocate of all things RDM isn't some secret. I'm probably the first video'd RDM tanking Sky Gods and I maintained a RDM/WAR thread on Allakhazam for some time. In fact, my avatar is of me tanking Suzaku at 75 cap and it was the image I used to sign my TZ Calculator. One of the first extensive damage calculators ever written for this game that included TP per hit based on Store TP & DW, included SA, TA boosts on WS dmg, included Soul Eater boosts on WS dmg, included Enspell dmg as part of DPS and literally on and on. It was very detailed. And while I've never maintained a public copy pretty much since 2007/2008? shortly after I had made it public, I do still maintain my copy. I had 1778 posts on Allakhazam across RDM (probably 95% of my posts), MNK, and THF forums, before I quit posting there. Mind you, some of my content was on Google Video and FileFront. Both died. There's no attempt to deceive anyone for who I am.

The only angle by which *some* people have thought there was a cover up for who I was is as follows:

A RL friend of mine moved to Asura some few years back and wanted me to move to Asura with him. I was "Carbuncle for life" back then. And then later, just over 2 years ago, Carbuncle's population fairly quickly and suddenly and in droves made moves elsewhere, many of them to Asura. So two years ago I moved to Asura. Pretty much a large majority of an LS did. When I moved to Asura I was met with a forced name change. I existed on Asura for some time as Kazrot (Torzak spelled backwards). The RL friend came back to playing close to a year after I moved to Asura and I was pretty confident it was him with a mule. In fact, I had already been telling people that I was sure that was the case, but I lost [personal forms of] contact with this friend since I got out of the Marine Corps in '06 and so I had no way to talk with him or ask him to come back to the game. Anyway, he came back to the game on his own, I asked him about it, and I was correct. Now we're friends on FB lol

So in an effort to get my name back, I created an alt character named Kazrot on Carbuncle, moved my main back to Carbuncle forcing a name change where I got the name Torzak back. Then my friend deleted his mule the night I was moving back to Asura (which he never even used this mule or did anything with).

I've had a few people either message me or emphasize "Kazrot" in a party chat as if they were exposing me for who I really was. It's like, "Dude, I was Torzak long before I was Kazrot... <insert giant explanation)".

I'll include this link as some evidense to support who I am, and my reputation.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/users/Torzak#Bookmarks
[+]
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-13 10:02:43  
I'm Torzak from Carbuncle.
I’ve never had a reason to doubt your identity before. But given your response to what was obviously an offhand joke, I’m starting to think you aren’t actually the OG Torzak from Carbuncle.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2019-09-13 10:03:23  
Did someone say Killing Ifrit?
By Torzak 2019-09-13 11:08:04  
Asura.Weinberg said: »
I’ve never had a reason to doubt your identity before. But given your response to what was obviously an offhand joke, I’m starting to think you aren’t actually the OG Torzak from Carbuncle.

Snore? Was an obvious offhand joke? It was above my head lol. I don't get it. And why would you doubt my identity because a joke went over my head? That doesn't even make sense.

Here's more attempt to showcase who I am. Some time earlier this year, I think, I edited my signature on Allakhazam to reflect that I had moved to Asura. You can see that in this post on the general forums. This is actually the post/drama for why I quit posting there, tbh.

It's actually funny, because the mod down ranked my posts on that thread into oblivion and the folks who were reading along voted my posts back up out of oblivion. Still, the mod's temp ban was uncalled for and I just quit posting there.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1372927975280652957#29
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-09-13 12:06:21  
His point was that you're trying really hard to say you're who you are, when the comment was just a reference to someone else that favors DPS rdm and not actually intending to call your identity into question.

The severity with which you're defending it raises more questions than it answers. Regardless, nobody considers Torzak important enough to think you're actually pretending to be them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-13 12:09:44  
Hold on guys, I wasn't prepared for this.
*gets out popcorn*

Ok, please continue!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2019-09-13 12:24:03  
In today's game and even in reality, it's actually fairly meaningless. In the game of yesteryear, it was exciting and fun and it was fun to share the video and see the responses. My real point for mentioning it is because it's my avatar and probably always will be for anything I post in forums. I was using it as an attempt to solidify who I was.

I don't really care if people think tanking Sky Gods as a rdm/war at 75 cap was impressive or not today. Nobody really cares about 2005/2006 era gaming. We're in 2019.

[Edit]
Quote:
the comment was just a reference to someone else that favors DPS rdm and not actually intending to call your identity into question.

Well, like I already said in a previous post:

Quote:

Not knowing that it's a players name, a joke intending to indicate that I was boring to read, or a reference to something else, is exactly why I made it a point to try to solidify that I am who I am. Thanks for the clarification that it was another player's name, though.
[End Edit]
[+]
By Afania 2019-09-13 14:58:55  
In today's game and even in reality, it's actually fairly meaningless. In the game of yesteryear, it was exciting and fun and it was fun to share the video and see the responses. My real point for mentioning it is because it's my avatar and probably always will be for anything I post in forums. I was using it as an attempt to solidify who I was.

I don't really care if people think tanking Sky Gods as a rdm/war at 75 cap was impressive or not today. Nobody really cares about 2005/2006 era gaming. We're in 2019.

[Edit]
Quote:
the comment was just a reference to someone else that favors DPS rdm and not actually intending to call your identity into question.

Well, like I already said in a previous post:

Quote:

Not knowing that it's a players name, a joke intending to indicate that I was boring to read, or a reference to something else, is exactly why I made it a point to try to solidify that I am who I am. Thanks for the clarification that it was another player's name, though.
[End Edit]

Snore is more of an inside joke since he always brings melee rdm to everything, then brag about it when he won parses. Appearantly people miss him too much that's why he was mentioned.

I'd just ignore certain post above who were just putting more fuels in the fire. Intentionally or not.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-09-13 15:03:33  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
missdivine said: »

From a casting perspective, sure. But Maxentius has pretty nice melee ability with substantially more DMG (200 versus 150 on Daybreak), 22 more skill, and Acc+40. Plus the Black Halo damage +50%.

The light elemental damage+50 also works while its on the off hand for say Seraph Blade.
[+]
By Freblaze 2019-09-13 15:12:20  
Will the real Torzak, please stand up?
 Asura.Wireman
user: Wireman
By Asura.Wireman 2019-09-13 15:21:22  
Ahaha, i was that friend who took his name. I came back to the game, and moved to Asura. No major reason other than i missed the game, and a quick google of FFXi population showed Carbuncle was dead, for the most part, and Asura was a big NA server.

I made a Torzak mule, and a Lokian alt (Still use Lokian actually). we were all playing at the same time, and RL friends in the USMC.
Is that the real Torzak? Yep.
Want proof? /tell him in game and ask him ffxi numbers....
I still joke to this day he is a GM, and in parts, part of the Dev team!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-13 17:56:50  
Asura.Wireman said: »
Ahaha, i was that friend who took his name. I came back to the game, and moved to Asura. No major reason other than i missed the game, and a quick google of FFXi population showed Carbuncle was dead, for the most part, and Asura was a big NA server.

I made a Torzak mule, and a Lokian alt (Still use Lokian actually). we were all playing at the same time, and RL friends in the USMC.
Is that the real Torzak? Yep.
Want proof? /tell him in game and ask him ffxi numbers....
I still joke to this day he is a GM, and in parts, part of the Dev team!

Hmm, identity confirmation from an account with only 3 posts whose last post is blank and from almost a year ago? Suspicious, I say, very suspicious!

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we may have a Torzak impostor on our hands! Bring forth the pitchforks! Release the Kraken (Club)!
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-09-13 18:04:59  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Quote:
An issue where the damage dealt from the weapon skills “Flaming Arrow” and “Hot Shot” may have surpassed the limit of 99,999.

They. Did. 90 minute maint. 2 years after discovery. For that.

Oh man, the spite from Frod
Quote:
02-07-2018 08:31 PM
Quote:
Now, the people involved in this are the salty *** and I'm glad he reported it to spite and troll them. It clearly worked too.
A year and a half later....
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53692-Hot-shot-breaks-damage-cap
They seriously had a panic maintenance for that ***? Lmao
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8