フォーラム » FFXI » General » September 2019 Version Update
September 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 16:51:53  
Torzak said: »
The PDL does only increase the cap. If you don't have the attack to support being at the cap of the "attack vs mob's defense" check, you won't see any advantage of the PDL on the gear.

RDMs can go solo bunnies in West Ron and hit harder now. While true, it's a joke. It's not that extreme.

Some of these pieces may be decent on crit based WS in a whole lot more scenarios than just absolute max 1hr buff type situations. And the reason for that is just the nature of the way crits work and how they interact with pDIF. Personally, I'm pretty confident that the hands of this set will be my new RDM CDC hands on most content. The hands have the 2nd most STR of any of the pieces of the set, and the STR on the hands is decent when compared to a lot of other RDM hand options, anyway. I think most RDM probably CDC with either a DM Chironic, Taeon or Jhakri+2 hands. Personally, I've bounced around a few times between a Taeon and a Jhakri hands. I've seen a DM chironic feet that had both crit % rate and crit damage %, but they fell short of Thereoid. The point of mentioning these lousy DM feet I seen, is that it's probably possible someone out there has a pretty good CDC chironic DM hands. Anyway, If we look at Jhakri+2 hands and what they have for CDC relevant stats: str18, dex41, accuracy43, attack43, WS 7%. The WS% applies to the first hit of CDC only and I think RDM's should be happy to lose 43 attack to gain 7accuracy, 7 STR, 15 DEX and PDL4 that can apply to all hits. The 7STR and 15DEX by itself should be worth more than the 43 attack. The 7% WSD applying to the first hit only quickly gets lost in the background of Triple Attack procs turning CDC into 6 or 8 hit WS's.

That club looks like it might be a fun Croc/Club Seraph Blade option. Croc Red Lotus and Croc Seraph Blade at 3k TP already do comparable damage to Croc Sanguine (Sanguine damage does not scale with TP). Seraph Blade using Croc to boost elemental WS and this club to boost light (assuming it's affinity), Seraph should find a way into RDM's arsenal of half-way viable WS options depending what you're fighting and what buffs you're getting (Warrior Warcry, Malaise).

Asura.Sechs said: »
Consider that in group situations the best DPS output for RDM is Crocea Mors MH

It's really quite situational. I can find all sorts of occasions where DDing on RDM with Croc is less effective than many of our alternative options.

Maxentius/Thibron or Naegling/Thibron are both great options. Almace/Ternion is still one of my favorite RDM DD options because it skill chains quite readily/easily. Sequence/Ternion is pretty nuts with Samurai Roll because of TP over flow. It's pretty likely to Savage at 2k with Sequence/Ternion between TP overflow & TP Earring. Add a warrior with Warcry's TP effect, and Sequence/Ternion is a Savage spam machine doing 2k to 2.5k TP Savages at really high frequency.

I've joined countless CP parties to parse myself against myself comparing a variety of weapons. And I have to say, there's a reason Almace/Ternion continues to be one of my favorite RDM DD options.

But truly there's a lot of really fun RDM DD options to play with. Including R15 Mandau/Ternion which is basically a darkness spam option (Mercy Stroke) that falls just short of Almace CDC spam damage, but it brings a piercing option to the table. Before the augmented REMA option became an option, I would have scoffed at Mandau in the hands of a RDM. Hell, I would have scoffed at Mandau... period. It was a lot of work and effort for something only marginally better than other NQ dagger options, if it was even better at all. But with the augments, Mandau became a decent RDM option, I think in part because of RDM's Triple Attack (Same effect happens with Maxentius' 50% WS DMG applying to all hits). But in CP style setting I can RDM Mercy Stroke 18k to 27k on crab/fish with Mandau/Ternion. It's a darkness spam combo that WS's at higher frequency than Almace/Ternion but the individual WS's (Mercy) are a bit weaker than Almace (CDC). Mercy's biggest fault is not being able to take advantage of things like a TP earring or a Warrior's Warcry or any TP overflow. If certain TP+ buffs come into play, Mercy Stroke will be left that much more in the dust by other RDM options. Things like a quick 6 or 8 sec Amnesia really hurt RDM Mercy Stroke Spam because the extra TP does 100% nothing. RDM Mandau can't even realistically swap to a different WS to try to capture some of the TP overflow like RDM Almace can with Savage Blade. Even CDC at least gains crit % rate with more TP.

And something to be said about Croc, is that it doesn't hardly stand a chance against RDM's physical options *IF* your party is physically buffed and not using Malaise. And there's a lot of physical DD in a lot of content who wouldn't care if Malaise was ever thrown down or not. Many 6man Ambu, some Omen fights, many SR groups, etc. So you really have to look at your circumstances and just play the best option you have to match to the environment. Croc isn't some automatic DD RDM win option. You still need to think through some things: look at your party setup, buff setup, and what you're fighting.

One of the biggest reasons Croc has gotten something of a reputation for RDM DD is that because 1) It is a good option, 2) You can just buy it off the AH, but really 3) Dynamis double dark weather and the natural tendency for Malaise to always be thrown down to support Corsairs taking advantage of said double dark weather.

I think a lot of the hype on Crocea is that it does a lot of the stuff you want to do a lot of the time.

Good +magic damage, a huge chunk of magic acc, the hilarious enspell damage boost, its high base damage as far as a sword goes, and the fact you can straight up buy it from the Ah.

While its not "BIS at all times always", that goes for basically any DREAM weapon I believe. But its probably up there for one of the most versatile.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-09-10 17:00:34  
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »

Code Geass <3
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 17:01:38  
:D
By Shichishito 2019-09-10 17:26:28  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
But bragging about being an FFXI "purist" is like walking around an Adult Video convention wearing a "Proud Virgin" t-shirt.
guess the anchor folks prefer the "i put the STD in STUD!" shirts.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-09-10 18:03:56  
Knock back isn't really a difficulty in a battle. It's a stupid mechanic that should be treated as such. Lets not cry about dumb ***now.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 18:07:20  
I dont know if knockback even does anything to my Rdm. Does it interrupt casting when i have aqua+5 (i think its a +5 now)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-10 18:07:55  
Moving or being moved always interrupts your casting (unless you run back to your original spot exactly before it goes off).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 18:16:04  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Knock back isn't really a difficulty in a battle. It's a stupid mechanic that should be treated as such. Lets not cry about dumb ***now.

That's really far from the truth. Knockback is most of what makes a battle "harder" It's an unavoidable obstacle that *** up range from target, THF positioning, and the distance the whm will be safe at.

Though, we use addons to tell us how far we are away.

(I'm all for addons that make life easier, but to say negating it means nothing is false)

This battle in particular is spectacularly "harder" with every single attack knocking you back. Some of the worst times in my entire life on this game were tanks being knocked back before literally everyone started using addons. (ranger era, circa 2014~) ((delve, AA HTB, Gessho HTB))
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-09-10 18:19:13  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Never said I was a purist, nor did I ever brag about being a purist. You're just lashing out because others do not agree with you skipping over mechanics when the fight is very doable without.

So far those who do not want to cheat have been called plebs, purists, proud virgins, and what's next?
just curious here didn’t you finish your aeonic’s with smn burn? Which %99 of people use scripts for that, due to lag spikes and slow reaction times, is that not also cheating?
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 18:24:28  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Moving or being moved always interrupts your casting (unless you run back to your original spot exactly before it goes off).

Huh... is there something else that would prevent it?

I have had spells still get cast even after being knocked back in the fight.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 18:27:17  
having a gearswap that has addons built into it (that you might not know about if you copied from someone else)

or "finishing" the cast before the knockback takes "effect" the casting bar is merely a guideline, its far from accurate
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 18:32:13  
Probably the second. I play mostly vanilla because I don't know much about scripting/am not very good with that whole gearswap thing.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-10 18:38:34  
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

Huh... is there something else that would prevent it?

I have had spells still get cast even after being knocked back in the fight.

That's simply a restriction of the way fast cast is shown in the game. With capped fast cast you "cast" the spell at only 20% of the bar, but it still shows the bar filling up as the spell goes off. So the spell will be "finished" but the animation is still going, so if you're hit at that time, you'll be fine.
By Aerix 2019-09-10 18:39:41  
Asura.Elazar said: »
just curious here didn’t you finish your aeonic’s with smn burn? Which %99 of people use scripts for that, due to lag spikes and slow reaction times, is that not also cheating?

How does SMN burn require any scripts at all? You literally just swap to your BP damage set for Conduit and spam the same JA over and over with a simple macro until your target dies.

Unless you're talking about Zerde, who is a pain, but you don't need to rely on stun bots to win.
[+]
By Afania 2019-09-10 19:38:21  
And something to be said about Croc, is that it doesn't hardly stand a chance against RDM's physical options *IF* your party is physically buffed and not using Malaise. And there's a lot of physical DD in a lot of content who wouldn't care if Malaise was ever thrown down or not. Many 6man Ambu, some Omen fights, many SR groups, etc. So you really have to look at your circumstances and just play the best option you have to match to the environment. Croc isn't some automatic DD RDM win option. You still need to think through some things: look at your party setup, buff setup, and what you're fighting.

One of the biggest reasons Croc has gotten something of a reputation for RDM DD is that because 1) It is a good option, 2) You can just buy it off the AH, but really 3) Dynamis double dark weather and the natural tendency for Malaise to always be thrown down to support Corsairs taking advantage of said double dark weather.

Croc makes pretty drastic difference in Iroha fight from what Ive seen. If I remember correctly one single croc rdm can parse 30% dmg of entire pt and cor war brd SC dmg do the rest 70%.

That 30% dmg difference is the difference between 15 min run(thus light carolx2 last almost entire run) and 20 min or more. Once light carol wear the run may turn into deathga ***show. This fight one example that if you kill fast its painless and easy, if not then it gets so much harder. And croc rdm makes the entire fight much easier because of that.

The fact that croc is the best magical dmg weapon is what makes it unique and stand out. Thus game changing for the job. For physical dmg you can probably use any r15 or ambu weapon to do the job and the difference between top physical options shouldnt be huge.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2019-09-10 22:30:22  
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the Dispel +1 effect on the RDM neck does apply to Dispelga from Daybreak -- both main and sub-targets.

I haven't tested the Light Damage +50 fully yet, but it appears to be giving affinity from some quick casts of Dia 3. The first cast is with Maxentius on, and the second is with Daybreak.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-11 00:06:34  
Great find. Man, they sooo should have put PLD on that club. Would have made a really cool aoe hate tool macro swap.
[+]
By Tarage 2019-09-11 01:03:35  
I'm curious where this stands up to against Fenrir's in terms of accuracy.
By Shichishito 2019-09-11 03:36:02  
Aerix said: »

How does SMN burn require any scripts at all? You literally just swap to your BP damage set for Conduit and spam the same JA over and over with a simple macro until your target dies.

Unless you're talking about Zerde, who is a pain, but you don't need to rely on stun bots to win.

i'm a little confused by this statement, too. last i read into AC the consensus was that manually triggering bloodpacts and full timing BP dmg gear while disabling gearswaps for the full duration of AC is superior to scripting due to lag screwing with timing and swaps.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-11 03:54:22  
Shichishito said: »
Aerix said: »

i'm a little confused by this statement, too. last i read into AC the consensus was that manually triggering bloodpacts and full timing BP dmg gear while disabling gearswaps for the full duration of AC is superior to scripting due to lag screwing with timing and swaps.

Pretty sure they're half confused and half talking about the people that have 3 SMN accounts and script clears.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-09-11 04:53:57  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

That's really far from the truth. Knockback is most of what makes a battle "harder" It's an unavoidable obstacle that *** up range from target, THF positioning, and the distance the whm will be safe at.

(I'm all for addons that make life easier, but to say negating it means nothing is false)

This battle in particular is spectacularly "harder" with every single attack knocking you back. Some of the worst times in my entire life on this game were tanks being knocked back before literally everyone started using addons. (ranger era, circa 2014~) ((delve, AA HTB, Gessho HTB))
Yeah it really isn't an issue unless you're trying to multibox everything. Gonna call *** on that one m8
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-09-11 07:40:10  
Is Daybreak + Kei shield better than Lathi/Enki combo? It seems to provide way more mag acc plus the magic dmg though no Mykyr
By Torzak 2019-09-11 14:10:28  
Afania said: »
If I remember correctly one single croc rdm can parse 30% dmg of entire pt and cor war brd SC dmg do the rest 70%.

RDM has been able to do 30+% of the dmg long before Croc came on the scene in a large variety of content.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-11 14:33:10  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yeah it really isn't an issue unless you're trying to multibox everything. Gonna call *** on that one m8

It's very much an issue when your shout pld gets knocked back and your shout whm gets placed in 20' and one shot.
By Afania 2019-09-11 14:34:58  
If I remember correctly one single croc rdm can parse 30% dmg of entire pt and cor war brd SC dmg do the rest 70%.

RDM has been able to do 30+% of the dmg long before Croc came on the scene in a large variety of content.

I was referring to Iroha, which works differently from other things.

You are probably referring to general battle content where everyone just spam physical ws. Current Iroha strat doesnt work that way.

The way multi step work is that if you have 3+ people forming multi step dmg will decrease because of all the time holding TP. 1-2 person multi step works best. Adding 3 or 4 people their dmg just goes to waste.

If you let rdm use physical ws and join the multi step with 3 other people overall pt dmg will decrease. But sanguine doesn't interrupt SC, they can spam ws without ever having to wait, so it's pt dmg increase if rdm use croc.

That's what makes croc special. They can do decent dmg without ever interrupt SC in a multi step setting. Something other weapons can't do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-11 14:43:18  

That's what makes croc special. They can do decent dmg without ever interrupt SC in a multi step setting. Something other weapons can't do.

So nailed it.
By Boshi 2019-09-11 14:46:04  
Afania you're just talking to a brick wall.
By Torzak 2019-09-11 15:52:10  
Oh, let's queue up the drama. The people need their dose!

Once upon a time, Boshi used to ask me a lot of questions. Clearly, there was an impressed person behind the keyboard.

I'm no brick wall, btw. Boshi has just taken some sort of attitude against me for a reason that was never entirely clear to me.

Anyway, Croc has neat aspects to it, but it's not the best in all situations and it didn't suddenly and by itself turn RDM into a DD capable job. It's had that since before Croc. Croc just gave somewhat new angle of DDing. We aren't really disagreeing on anything so much as it was a case of me just wanting to make sure it was known that RDM has had significant DD capability long before Croc came on the scene because sometimes the way people talk about Croc it's like it was totally a game changer bringing RDM to the front lines. When really, all it did was give us a different approach at the front lines.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-11 16:06:59  
Siren.Itachi said: »
Is Daybreak + Kei shield better than Lathi/Enki combo? It seems to provide way more mag acc plus the magic dmg though no Mykyr

Gear was the same, full fastcast, no gearswap
BLM/RDM 2100JP
Iceday (only a couple cast from lightningday discussed at the end)

Daybreak/Ammurapi = 7891, 7891, 7868, 7992
_______
Stone 5
Lathi type A = 7600, 7674, 7717, 7600
Daybreak/Ammurapi = 7629, 7553, 7553, 7603
_______
Aero 5
Lathi type A = 7756, 7777, 7724, 7756
Daybreak/Ammurapi = 7735, 7735, 7636, 7691

Lathi type A = 7321, 6646, 6655, 7309
Daybreak/Ammurapi = 7971, 7971, 7960, 7960
_______
Thunder 5
Lathi type A = 8251, 8251, 8259, 8251
Daybreak/Ammurapi = 8224, 8235, 8224, 8235
_______
Aero V
Lathi type A = 7111, 7111, 7118, 7911
Daybreak/Ammurapi = 7876, 7887, 7887, 7887
_______
Stone V
Lathi type A = 7834, 7826, 7834, 7834
Daybreak/Ammurapi = 7804, 7804, 7804, 7804

10 cast each, I only took the 4 most consistent of each nuke due to level hitting some numbers 1k higher or lower than the numbers you see here.
Some spells would just stay fairly consistent though, like thunder 5 with club/shield I only got 2 numbers with those nukes, 8224 or 8235, Thunder on crabs was also very consistent with the exception of day/proc at the end when the day swapped over.
Stone V with club/shield never changed on ironshell, it was always 7804

Club/Shield seemed to win some on tier 5 nukes but lose on others for me. Won on blizzard vs crabs, but it was low sample size could have ended up being a fluke.

Personally, I will probably toss Lathi after all this, no point in the -invent when they are this close.
By Aerix 2019-09-11 18:13:51  
I mean, having access to/building TP for Myrkr is still pretty important to BLM. Even if the damage is really close at this point.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8