By Asura.Pergatory 2019-06-28 09:58:14  
People who use React make me laugh
[+]
 Ragnarok.Endtanis
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Endtanis 2019-06-28 10:05:19  
Sorry if this has been talked about already. We've been running this several times this week and while it may seem unconventional, we've come down with what seems to be a pretty good strategy.

Party Setup: Tank (can use any, we've done them all but NIN or PUP work very well - RUN/BLU also works well for self-buffing), THF, GEO, RDM, COR, DRK/Heavy DPS.

Buff up as normal, send tank in to get initial hate. RDM debuffs/buffs/heal per norm but save Silence for a moment. GEO does Entrust Indi-Barrier/GEO-Wilt if using real tank, Entrust Indi-Fury on DPS/GEO-Frail if PUP tank. GEO can also help with Dispel if necessary. COR will do Regain Rolls and STP or Attack Rolls. Now comes the unconventional part. The ONLY time we send DPS in is when they have enough to WS, then run back out. This way, we can ensure Dread Spikes is down and no unnecessary deaths occur. Once the RDM can land a good Silence, send the Heavy DPS and COR in to do as much WSing as possible, but don't linger around; get in and get out!

Of course, this is all anecdotal, but doing this method we have yet to lose. It is a bit of a longer fight, but honestly, we found zombieing it took longer than this method. We have done N several times and will be trying this method on D tonight/weekend.
By geigei 2019-06-28 10:07:43  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
What a sad life you must have.
 Asura.Chaostaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-28 10:10:35  
some people hate react, but use gearswap lua's that use utility sets that auto equip gear/use items during sleep/stun/terror/doom/para/silence/charm ect. also there is gaze_check that does the same thing. Its all the same. yet both of those receive no bashing lol. alot of hypocrites playing ffxi it seems.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-28 10:21:39  
If I don't use anything like React or auto swapping gear for terror/stun etc and gaze check can I receive a medal of honour?

If not i'll give you muney. lots and lots of muney.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-28 10:54:43  
its not like react is all or none. it only does things based on a mob name or player that you have to input. yea you could use it to autoturn you on odin/kin ect. or you can just simply use it to autoequip cursna+ gear when you get cursna'd. just like gearswap can be used to auto tank, auto ws, ect. or just used to, gearswap. if ones a cheat, so is the other is all im saying.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-06-28 11:08:35  
Really easy fight honestly

Sch
Geo
Brd
Rdm
Pld
Sam

Sam is the only person who melees - spams 5 step sc

Rdm keeps silence on and additional debuffs - subs thf for th

Sch main heals and give wind weather to rdm and buffs accordingly while keeping stoneskin on party - also keep pax on sam

Geo keeps def buffs up / helps with dispel

Brd scherzo honor ballad spam / help with dispel

Fight starts with pld pulling and rdm attempting to land silence. (We cleared with only having to land silence 2 times)

Once silence is on and its been dispelled fully sam goes to town on it 5 steping. Sch can cast a light helix landing for 4-6k on a sc to help

Around 53% ensure geo buffs are on and be ready for zan x

If silence wears stop dps all together till back on

After zan x just keep busting through... zan kai will only hurt the tank if sch keeps stoneskin on. Regen 5 and ascension cure 4 was more then enough to keep party alive.

Fight last 8-9mins
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-28 11:10:26  
Asura.Pergatory said: »

Is it more or less funnier than most of your linkshell using easy farm? How about tako? it must be nonstop giggles~
[+]
 Ragnarok.Visper
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Visper
By Ragnarok.Visper 2019-06-28 11:11:13  
Ragnarok.Endtanis said: »
Sorry if this has been talked about already. We've been running this several times this week and while it may seem unconventional, we've come down with what seems to be a pretty good strategy.

Party Setup: Tank (can use any, we've done them all but NIN or PUP work very well - RUN/BLU also works well for self-buffing), THF, GEO, RDM, COR, DRK/Heavy DPS.

Buff up as normal, send tank in to get initial hate. RDM debuffs/buffs/heal per norm but save Silence for a moment. GEO does Entrust Indi-Barrier/GEO-Wilt if using real tank, Entrust Indi-Fury on DPS/GEO-Frail if PUP tank. GEO can also help with Dispel if necessary. COR will do Regain Rolls and STP or Attack Rolls. Now comes the unconventional part. The ONLY time we send DPS in is when they have enough to WS, then run back out. This way, we can ensure Dread Spikes is down and no unnecessary deaths occur. Once the RDM can land a good Silence, send the Heavy DPS and COR in to do as much WSing as possible, but don't linger around; get in and get out!

Of course, this is all anecdotal, but doing this method we have yet to lose. It is a bit of a longer fight, but honestly, we found zombieing it took longer than this method. We have done N several times and will be trying this method on D tonight/weekend.

That only works in Canada!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Dippity
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dippy23
By Leviathan.Dippity 2019-06-28 12:11:22  
oh stop being pansies! tank isn't needed, double down on geo, whm sub smn and let ur rdm buddy be happy and rdm/nin! 2sam 2geo whm rdm works jsut fine! sam drk 2geo whm rdm works! hell if ur really feeling edgy, whm/sch take a blu and rely on stoneskin. But the need for tank? silly silly...wear ur big boy pants
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-28 12:19:46  
You can use pretty much anything but silence and dispels are paramount.
By Mrgrim 2019-06-28 12:37:52  
My setup for VD is Mnk Cor Brd WHM GEO and RDM. The fight is a joke with mnk tanking/DDing. 1st thing we do is land silence, enfeebs. Then I engage with my Mnk and go to pound town with 4 steps or 5 steps. I always chi blast in the beginning which helps a lot. If everything goes smooth which is 95% of the time it takes us like a min or 2 to kill it, and at most he does 2-3 tp moves thanks to subtle blow. Killed over 50 times and still have not seen a Zantetsuken X :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-28 13:11:55  
Whoa!?
using a Monk clears this faster and painlessly than other methods?

I'm ssssshhhhhocked!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-06-28 13:19:21  
Mnk...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Godhands?? Or vere?
[+]
By Mrgrim 2019-06-28 14:00:24  
I got R15 Vere and R15 Godhands. On situations where I'm the only guy hitting I prefer using Godhands over Vere. On other situations where there's more people smacking alongside me I use Vere instead.
Also I did forget to mention that Mantra is extremely useful for whenever he uses Geirrothr. It can mean the life of death of supports lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-06-28 14:24:13  
We had brd focus on having scherzo on for that issue with stoneskin being spammed by the sch...

I would think godhands would be great on this...

What was the sc?
By Mrgrim 2019-06-28 14:35:04  
The songs I usually use on my Brd mule is Honor, MinuetV, Minne V & IV. Rdm compensates with haste 2. Once i use all my JAs i go Raging > Asuran > Raging > VS > VS. That 5step usually gets it to 50% most of the time, then I switch Asuran > VS > Shij> VS. At that point he should b at 20% or so. Then i just do random WS to get rid of the WS penalty from spamming to many of same WS, and tag with TH from DM herc gear lol. Then again fight can take longer if it uses Yggr, which you have to dispel ASAP. With my brd I go /nin and while NITRO is on I elegy it first, then wind threnody II, and finally spam dispel, by then Saboteur Silence, DiaIII, paraII, slowII are set and it practically melts to my monk.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-06-29 17:19:00  
Has anyone tried MB set up for funsies?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-06-29 17:42:35  
Potential is definitely there as my Light Helix was hitting for around 5k and fire 3 was bursting for around 9k
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-06-29 19:08:45  
Mrgrim said: »
My setup for VD is Mnk Cor Brd WHM GEO and RDM. The fight is a joke with mnk tanking/DDing. 1st thing we do is land silence, enfeebs. Then I engage with my Mnk and go to pound town with 4 steps or 5 steps. I always chi blast in the beginning which helps a lot. If everything goes smooth which is 95% of the time it takes us like a min or 2 to kill it, and at most he does 2-3 tp moves thanks to subtle blow. Killed over 50 times and still have not seen a Zantetsuken X :(

What bubbles are you using here? Saw your post below about bard songs and kill flow. love me some MNK Strats.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2019-06-29 19:58:33  
If I were doing this I'd take(just my opinion but yea): RDM THF RUN GEO BRD COR. Good luck everyone! MNK on this sounds awesome! Good to see it's still a great DD.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-06-30 00:35:16  
lolpup
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-30 01:19:51  
Wow, mean.
By kishr 2019-06-30 02:04:48  
Did it with with 6 pup on vd, easy
By Weeew 2019-06-30 05:03:51  
We have been running D+VD with RUN, RDM, WHM, GEO, GEO, THF. Not the fastest strategy but very safe. Good thing about 2 geos is we don't need to reapply buffs, just recast bubbles every time zan X happens. It also gives 2 extra bodies to split damage with wilt and barrier always up.

Yesterday we ran VD and kept getting only ring drops (5 total in around 6 or 7 runs with treasure hunter 10 or so) . We then switched to D and got a couple of weapons and nothing else. I don't know if it was random or if the different difficulties are better for diff rewards.
By Kwech 2019-06-30 11:44:32  
For those of you running THF for this alongside PUP tank, I have a tip. When he uses Zantu-X and wipes the puppet, immediately use bully and stand in the center. As /NIN there will be ample time to get the puppet back up and on him, as well as the mages can get back into position.
By kishr 2019-06-30 15:02:52  
Just do 6 pup on vd, it's so easy
By Mrgrim 2019-06-30 15:43:51  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Mrgrim said: »

What bubbles are you using here? Saw your post below about bard songs and kill flow. love me some MNK Strats.

Oh with Idris Geo it has been Focus for initial silence, then switch to barrier frailty and entrust fury. With non Idris just about the same, except I ask the geo to entrust wilt instead.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10