users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Odin HTBF Discussion
Odin HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By tyalangan 2019-06-12 09:31:59  
geigei said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
So spam ws and no sc! Got it, thanks!
When we spammed last stand dmg was down to 1k per ws.

Alternate Savage + Reso?
 Asura.Meliorah
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-12 09:34:46  
Taint said: »
More VE ZanX.

Made a single Light SC. ZanX wiped 4 trust, myself and August took critical damage.

Made a single distortion SC. ZanX did ~500 damage to the party.

No SC. ZanX does minimal damage.

That doesn't follow in line with this.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By tyalangan 2019-06-12 09:42:36  
Ejiin reduced his attack and raised all their defenses. What does that have to do what Taint stated? Two different approaches.

Maybe if Ej did low tier SC or no SCs he wouldn’t have to put up defense. However, it would most likely take longer. So, if you have the jobs to boost defense go for it.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-12 09:45:13  
capped damage light into zanx if sc are increasing his attack, the damage output should have tilted the scale I would think :/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-12 11:32:43  
Going to get patched soon I assume. Wilt is probably breaking Zantetsuken lol
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-06-12 12:27:19  
Post-patch Post Maintenance tests:

Geo-Wilt
Indi-Barrier
entrust Fade
marchx2 Scherzo Minne
no SPs or Blaze bubble
everyone at random distances from odin 3-5yalms stacked up to split needle aoe damage.

4 stepping double light with Masa SAM
SAM RUN BRD GEO WHM +lolApururu trust

Eaten about 10 ZanX with noone dying on several runs, the damage we take is pretty consistent with no deaths.

Geirrothr tends to be more deadly doing 700-1200 damage sometimes.

So thats with nerfed geomancy on Normal, got a body drop with TH4. Hardest part is keeping odin silenced with my WHM so I havent done testing on D/VD yet. Would probably bring a rdm for that.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-06-12 13:07:37  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
So thats with nerfed geomancy on Normal, got a body drop with TH4. Hardest part is keeping odin silenced with my WHM so I havent done testing on D/VD yet. Would probably bring a rdm for that.

I thought they had maintenance this morning that addressed the geomancy performaning lower than expected?
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-06-12 13:16:14  
tyalangan said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I thought they had maintenance this morning that addressed the geomancy performaning lower than expected?
I literally did these runs 1 hour ago, after their maintenance, geomancy still works its just nerfed but still useful

SE: The following issue was addressed, the boss monster's resistance against geomancy is set lower than expected.

Meaning geo-wilt is less effective, but good enough with indi-barrier to save you from KO.
Also if your RUN is /blu, with cocoon up they would be even safer, but our RUN goes /SAM
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-06-12 13:28:17  
Okay, I had to read the update notes a few times to get it.

The issue was that he was less resistant making geomancy stronger than it should have been. I was reading it as there was an issue where geomancy was set lower than it should which is opposite of what it says in the notes.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-12 15:49:23  
Odin now has a -75% resistance to Geomancy effects on VD, none on VE, haven't tested on other difficulty levels yet. It's much harder for avatars to cap atk now, although not impossible.

edit
50% resist on Normal.
[+]
By Taint 2019-06-12 16:47:11  
31 VEs no drops.

Anyone downed easy with just trust?
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-06-12 16:52:35  
Doh, wrong thread!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-12 19:08:03  
Using strat in video posted above, we've seen much better success. Started with 2 GEO BRD WHM SAM RUN, and tested the defense/attack down theory, and it works as explained. Found that opting for a red mage significantly made the runs easier due to silence, distract, frazzle, dia3. We used SPs, but I feel more confident in spamming VDs. The biggest issue you are going to run into doing this fight is keeping him silenced and BRD having to constantly sing throughout the fight. And you'll get unlucky a few times and he'll just spam dispel back to back. Still a fun fight, I actually prefer melee style over SMN burn now due to how fun it is.

Haven't tried it yet, but will do a shooting ranged setup soon. I think that might be an ideal strat, as you can keep songs/rolls up fulltime, and only the PLD/GEO is ever in range.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-12 19:28:54  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Using strat in video posted above, we've seen much better success. Started with 2 GEO BRD WHM SAM RUN, and tested the defense/attack down theory, and it works as explained. Found that opting for a red mage significantly made the runs easier due to silence, distract, frazzle, dia3. We used SPs, but I feel more confident in spamming VDs. The biggest issue you are going to run into doing this fight is keeping him silenced and BRD having to constantly sing throughout the fight. And you'll get unlucky a few times and he'll just spam dispel back to back. Still a fun fight, I actually prefer melee style over SMN burn now due to how fun it is.

Haven't tried it yet, but will do a shooting ranged setup soon. I think that might be an ideal strat, as you can keep songs/rolls up fulltime, and only the PLD/GEO is ever in range.

Geirrothr is probably the most dangerous thing once zant x is handled, we didnt get a chance to see if scherzo or earthen armor mitigates it. We were originally shooting but brought our rng/cor in to help spread.

If theres a better way to mitigate geirro then ranged setup would be super easy wins.

Quick edit/update: Scherzo works fine, minne minne scherzo and you can do Honor or whatever you want for the fourth song, clearing VD using SAM and it feels easier than with ranged. Less time for an unlucky Kaustra to go off between silences or anything else to go wrong.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-13 02:18:25  
Going to drop BRD for a second GEO and try Barrier/Wilt Frailty/Fury. RDM Bio3, Ageha from SAM, and an entrust Haste cycle so attack speed is capped. We've just been having horrible luck with songs just getting removed after 1 multistep, and it just messes with the entire flow. Will see if that ends up being easier defensively than banking on Scherzo/Minne, which hasn't honestly been up much during all the runs we've done.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-13 04:47:25  
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
Quick edit/update: Scherzo works fine

If songs getting dispelled is a prob, could try a smn for earthen armor, would be protected by fenrir's all stats buff pact as a buffer. You'd get hastega 2 as well protected the same way. An I would guess ifrit's warcry too. Then ifrit's favor for DA would at least always be on. Food for thought.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-13 04:57:36  
Asura.Elizabet said: »

If songs getting dispelled is a prob, could try a smn for earthen armor, would be protected by fenrir's all stats buff pact as a buffer. You'd get hastega 2 as well protected the same way. An I would guess ifrit's warcry too. Then ifrit's favor for DA would at least always be on. Food for thought.

SMN could totally work, but then you don't have minnes for defense or honor march for your DD. We just had the bard sit on top of us and reapply songs constantly, it's super duper annoying for your bard but it definitely works.

On the other hand, he really doesn't have a lot of health and you've got thirty minutes to take it down, so I'm sure there's a lot of flexibility in party composition. Simply having an avatar there in addition to a luopan for an extra body to soak Geirrothr would give you a lot more safety and margin for error.

Edit: I figure I should add our full setup, PLD WHM BRD SAM GEO RDM was our winning recipe.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-06-13 08:16:05  
TH helps a TON on difficult, you guys should bring a THF for VD. got my gere ring on the 7-10th run with a bit of luck and a bunch of generosity from the LS. (go team happy family)
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-06-13 08:17:29  
O we got 2 helms and a blm ring too, maybe 10 runs, all on difficult.
By SimonSes 2019-06-13 08:26:18  
TH generally greatly help on all HTBF fights and it's widely missed, because most people do them on D-VD for guarantee drop. When I returned to game and I could only handle VE-N, using TH changed drop rate on E from like few % to 25% and on N from like 5-10% to like 40%.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-06-13 08:28:58  
yeah we really didn’t think about it until 5 runs were successful with garbage drops, lol
By Weeew 2019-06-13 08:38:23  
SimonSes said: »
TH generally greatly help on all HTBF fights and it's widely missed, because most people do them on D-VD for guarantee drop. When I returned to game and I could only handle VE-N, using TH changed drop rate on E from like few % to 25% and on N from like 5-10% to like 40%.

Did VD 3 times in a row with Ranger's TH 5 and no equipment or weapon dropped.. T_T
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-06-13 08:40:44  
we had a THF, I know he was past TH10 twice, but probably was for all the fights we got a drop on. I’ll verify whether we ever stepped up to VD or not, but I don’t believe we did.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-13 09:14:53  
Quote:
Post-patch Post Maintenance tests:

Geo-Wilt
Indi-Barrier
entrust Fade
marchx2 Scherzo Minne
no SPs or Blaze bubble
everyone at random distances from odin 3-5yalms stacked up to split needle aoe damage.

4 stepping double light with Masa SAM
SAM RUN BRD GEO WHM +lolApururu trust

It sounds like normal runs should be a cakewalk with a melee oriented setup. If Treasure Hunter affects the lower tiers as heavily as it's indicated I'm thinking a setup like

Run or Pld, Thf, Brd, Geo, Whm - Any strong DD

would work extremely well. I bet if the group is geared well this setup sould probably scale up to difficult without much issue.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-13 09:59:44  
We've seen 1 gere ring on N, ring 2 helms and sword on VD so far. I'm guessing we've just had good luck, thf well worth squeezing into your setup I would think.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-13 13:00:58  
Asura.Elizabet said: »

This is a lovely idea. Think I'll try this tonight. Even if samurai dies, the summoner can continue DPS
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-13 13:15:30  
SMN can also Tidal Roar Odin. Both Yggr and Tidal Roar are rank 2 atk boost/down though, they overwrite each other.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-13 14:09:37  
This is good stuff. I'm not a summoner guru, so I had no idea all it was capable of. It looks like SMN would actually be an ideal job to include in the fight for all that it adds. I'm less concerned about not having Minne/HM, since SMN can supplement that in other ways already. I'm rolling with a hybrid set during engaged, so lesser chance of death (though always possible). RDM + SMN pair nicely for everything that they can do, will attempt it today.

I was going with the same strat posted above: RUN GEO WHM RDM SAM BRD and have won consistently with several drops. Just looking to fine tune the strat even more. Thanks a bunch guys.
By tyalangan 2019-06-13 14:19:17  
Would bio be more effective than dia in this fight? I know you want to kill ASAP while he’s silenced but does 20% atk down actually make things safer or help guarantee a win?

Also, for those who are consistently killing are you halting damage during dispel, immediately rebuffing before continuing any damage?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10