users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Odin HTBF Discussion
Odin HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-13 15:24:51  
Our group was using Bio3 last night since we could cover attack with bard and geo. Honestly, You have less issues with damaging this thing than it does damaging your group, so we passed on Dia for a few runs and were able to still get wins.

Fight starts with GEO Focus/Languor, then apply all possible debuffs: slow2, para, silence, frazzle/distract3, dispel. Paralyze actually destroys this thing. Once silence is on, we swap bubbles and go to town. BRD sings at the beginning and then stands on us to re-apply scherzo/minne (first), then the other songs. If RDM only has one merit in Bio3, it only lasts 30 seconds, so you might need to merit it further if you want some duration. Outside of one specific badly timed needles move, Our tank never died to any TP moves with Bio/Barrier up (entrusted wilt). If the SAM died, we would regroup for buffs and repeat the same process over, while tank holds Odin. Once silence is on and weakness wears, we'd go bac at it again. We never lost doing it this route, though we did wipe in between here and there due to bad luck.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-13 18:03:52  
tyalangan said: »
Would bio be more effective than dia in this fight? I know you want to kill ASAP while he’s silenced but does 20% atk down actually make things safer or help guarantee a win?

Also, for those who are consistently killing are you halting damage during dispel, immediately rebuffing before continuing any damage?

We kept bio up fulltime. And yes when silence wears we halt damage, swap to focus and reland, then once dispels and rebuffs are done back to barrier and damaging. With a well geared rdm you might not even need to switch back to focus, ours was generally landing before i got languor and focus back up.

For the curious, 2300 defense is at least the amount you need to survive Zantetsuken X. It could be a little lower than that, but that was the bare minimum I survived with (the only reason I was using PLD over RUN was to ensure I could survive and hold if we had a Zant go off without songs.)

Slow and steady wins the race on this one.

I threw a video up if that helps anyone with the strat:

https://youtu.be/Jc8dk0RJdFA

Edit: If someone figures out what bard gives the title back, lemme know <,<.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-06-13 21:17:27  
Taint said: »
31 VEs no drops.

Anyone downed easy with just trust?
0/5 VE TH3 no drops

went to E and died in like 5 attack rounds to a giant garble of japanese text that I never saw once on VE.... so yeah, so much for E
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-13 21:40:27  
What is the point of VE/E anyways when the drop rate on D/VD isn't even that great to begin with? Should've just made it one difficulty for all of this.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-13 22:02:41  
Decent luck so far drops wise soloing on normal with TH4
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-13 22:10:59  
Well, I just got done with 6 normal runs tonight. Setup was Run, Thf, Brd, Geo, Rdm, Whm. We followed the same buff strategy Sapphire outlined on the previous page, but we had our geo entrust me with fury. I was thief and each fight I was able to get treasure hunter up to either 9 or 10. We saw a Gere Ring and a Freke Ring drop on two of the runs, and nothing on three others. We wiped once when he dispelled scherzo and followed with Zan X before our bard could reapply. So 2/5 drop rate overall which is a small sample size, but passable considering this is HTMB and even higher tiers can screw you on drops.

One thing I didn't notice mentioned in this thread is that it appears on Normal mode Odin has EXACTLY 500k HP. Scoreboard confirms as well as my personal observations on my weaponskill damage versus amount of HP chunked by each. He really is a pushover to kill on normal with the defensive strategy, but I'm not sure how easily you could squeeze a thief in for treasure hunter if the thief isn't also serving as the main source of damage. At any rate, those are my observations for now.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-06-14 04:14:29  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What is the point of VE/E anyways when the drop rate on D/VD isn't even that great to begin with? Should've just made it one difficulty for all of this.

There should be at least 2 difficulties. For solo and groups.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-06-14 06:38:08  
What chapter does he drop?
By Taint 2019-06-14 06:41:28  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »

All 5 and after 38 runs its almost a perfect spread for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-06-14 07:19:43  
pretty smooth and quick with pet party setup on VD.

well pup tank, smn dd

cor,geo, rdm, thf (for th only)
 Asura.Bayonette
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-06-14 08:27:23  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Care to share your strategy? I do most of my htbf farming solo on N, so this is welcome to hear.
[+]
By Taint 2019-06-14 11:15:04  
Asura.Bayonette said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Care to share your strategy? I do most of my htbf farming solo on N, so this is welcome to hear.

Yeah I’d like to know as well.

Easy is a pain for me, been sticking to VE since it’s fast to spam.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 12:49:08  
So after trying to solo every difficulty so far for Odin, I highly doubt anyone can reliably solo anything past E without insane luck.
I nearly killed N once(out of countless fails, probably over 10), failing at 28% to Zantesuken X. with trusts after a 20minute or so battle of turning from Dread spikes and not a single Geirrothr going off.
No way it can be done reliably.

Also for Geirrothr's damage, turns out it is different from the master trial, it indeed does 12,000 damage, this was consistent with all my solo attempts it was used, however that could just have been a coincidence.

It is possible to survive 12,000 damage on RUN with Epeo, but barely. I took 2945 damage from it solo without trusts and the screenshot below is KoH and myself taking it and PDT having some form of effect for it.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-14 12:52:07  
Stamos, when you say "Solo", do you mean multi-boxing or one character with trusts "solo"?
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-14 13:03:17  
Oh. Multi boxing BLU + GEO alt. Playing both though. Was saying, RDM is probably more reliable to solo over BLU due to Sabo silence. Still die now and then to Dread Spikes. Alt doesn't have Idris or anything. Just decent gear.

As for strat, nothing special. Indi Barrier/Geo wilt. Run in make sure to dispel x2/Apply Wilt. Try to silence around 50%, and make sure to dispel Endark/Yggr/Dread Spikes. Been going with AAEV/Sylvie/KoH/Ygnas. Ygnas will die sometimes from Zantetsuken X due to being out of range of Barrier. But, you can still solo win without the WHM with Tizona. Save entrust haste for after MG wears, since it usually takes about 8-10 minutes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-14 13:20:25  
Normal is soloable on SMN, almost beat Difficult but lost at 22% due to a Kaustra during Conduit, pretty sure it's feasible.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 13:23:57  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Normal is soloable on SMN, almost beat Difficult but lost at 22% due to a Kaustra during Conduit, pretty sure it's feasible.

For you, Papesse lol. You are not a normal SMN lol. But that is good to know. Was it with Conduit or a slow fight? I imagine it can be done with both tbh.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-06-14 13:26:19  
Taint said: »
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »

All 5 and after 38 runs its almost a perfect spread for me.
So the personal pool is random? That's interesting.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-06-14 14:32:30  
Why do people say "I soloed this", when they clearly played a mule along with their main character? That's not soloing. Sure, you're playing on your lonesome, but you're not "soloing".

Also, it would be helpful if people stated how powerful their job is when they manage a true solo, for those who might be interested in trying it themselves. For now, Normal is not easily soloable by anybody. We're better off teaming up with people instead.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-14 14:41:13  
When I talk about doing a fight without help from other players, I tend to say I "Dualboxed" x, if I bring two characters that are under my control. Then usually note the presence or absence of trusts.

But for the second part I think it's hard to distill the... 'Tier', I suppose you could call it, of your character. I mean, you can say Master job, RMEA, and so on. But that doesn't speak to the quality of your sets for various actions, and so on. You could say well geared, but the standards for that varies wildly between players.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 14:53:27  
I mean solo normally means with trusts. Trusts are literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and don't count for anything.

The only jobs that can do "true" soloes without trusts are BLU, SCH, and pet jobs. RDM to an extent.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-14 14:56:35  
So what kinda of content does it have to be to be a "true" solo? Cause I feel that a number of jobs would have some objections to that second statement.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 15:10:14  
I kinda meant in general. When I post any videos of soloes, I always get tells or messages in-game saying It's easy cos you used trusts, or solo means without trusts. Which is why I had quotations in True cos that's what some people think like.
By Draylo 2019-06-14 15:12:27  
Unless you want bragging rights, a solo for me means just your one character and trusts. I don't see why anyone would not want to use trusts unless they were challenging themselves, but for completing the content alone, they are perfectly acceptable when someone says they soloed something.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-14 15:13:06  
A true solo is something that can be done with just one character and accompanying trusts. A multi boxed fight may still be done by just one person, but it isn't technically a solo because you're utilizing more than one playable character and that's something that can't be replicated by someone who only plays one account.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 15:15:48  
Exactly, that's how I see soloes. 1 character + trusts. I enjoy the challenging side of FFXI, which is why I do solo stuff. But I play RUN, that's not gonna change. And that job cannot do stuff without some form of Haste. Or it takes 1000x longer and no one wants that.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-14 15:48:30  
One player + trusts you're looking at only a couple jobs due to the Zant mechanic. SMN, RDM, and maybe PUP + BST
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-06-14 15:51:28  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
A true solo is something that can be done with just one character and accompanying trusts. A multi boxed fight may still be done by just one person, but it isn't technically a solo because you're utilizing more than one playable character and that's something that can't be replicated by someone who only plays one account.
A true solo is exactly that, solo. No trusts, no mules. It's what it was back in the 75 era and it still stands today, which is why veterans say 'soloed with trusts' or 'Multi-boxed solo' cuz 'solo' is with out help, NPC or otherwise. The exceptions being Pet jobs cuz thems da perks of being a BSTPUPSMN.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-14 15:58:23  
The days where "true" solo applies are basically over. There are practically no CL fights that restrict the use of Trusts, and there is no advantageous reason to not use them unless you're just trying to prove a point in doing it, or challenging yourself. Solo has always meant you can do it by yourself, but now with trusts, that's acceptable since anyone copying the method would also use them as well. Using multiple characters isn't a solo, because PCs are far stronger than any trusts, and aren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Trusts are helpful, but in any serious fight, they are horribly unreliable (will stand in worst places, waste MP, prioritize the wrong things etc).

It's a little bit misleading when people say solo and they are actually multiboxing several characters at once.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-06-14 16:06:33  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

For you, Papesse lol. You are not a normal SMN lol. But that is good to know. Was it with Conduit or a slow fight? I imagine it can be done with both tbh.

Before this derails too much can we go back to this question.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10