2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » June 2019 V1 VD Ambu
June 2019 V1 VD Ambu
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Afania 2019-06-27 20:42:48  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
This idle set with a capped barfira and fire carol is enough to resist the effect nearly 100% of the time. The most lethal thing that can happen in the run I've encoutered is a heavy slam that silences followed by a heavy mercurial strike, that is enough to cause a quick wipe. Even with bar silencera the duration of the silence if landes is 1-2s which is enough spell sickness delay to prevent you from getting a heal off.

Just did VD for about an hour, idle in something similar to comeatmebros resist silence meva set

ItemSet 357826

With miso and barsilence I think silence landed twice....maybe 3 times entire time. Id def prioritize whatever that can resist silence over refresh in this fight. Silence just slow down cures way too much, and refresh isnt worth it imo.
[+]
By Triffle 2019-06-27 21:47:44  
Effectively have done it the following: COR, WHM, RUN, BRD, GEO, DD. We all grouped up so WHM can spam cure. COR would just auto the boss and let the DD kill it. It seemed to do 99k randomly after we hit a Darkness or Light on it. After that it's cake.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-27 21:54:42  
Aerix said: »
Are people doing this fight without a SCH's Regen V and if yes, how? Our WHM and party keep getting knocked around and along with the constant AoE damage they can't keep up with the healing, even when all the adds are already dead.

I've done some smooth runs by using a DNC in a DD slot (along with a WHM healer). Certainly not necessary, but holding some TP for Divine Waltzes and not having to rely solely on the WHM is a pretty helpful cushion while you kill the big NM. Yes, you sacrifice some damage by not going full on DPS during that part of the fight, but the DNC can still pop off a few WS (just never do it when you can't get TP back immediately to be ready to Waltz). DNC can go nuts once you kill the boss and move onto the other mobs.

I'm sure it's not the ultimate in efficiency, but it works pretty safely. And it's a nice chance to take my DNC out for something, I've had fun playing it!
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
サーバ: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-27 22:22:06  
Afania said: »
Asura.Meliorah said: »
This idle set with a capped barfira and fire carol is enough to resist the effect nearly 100% of the time. The most lethal thing that can happen in the run I've encoutered is a heavy slam that silences followed by a heavy mercurial strike, that is enough to cause a quick wipe. Even with bar silencera the duration of the silence if landes is 1-2s which is enough spell sickness delay to prevent you from getting a heal off.

Just did VD for about an hour, idle in something similar to comeatmebros resist silence meva set

ItemSet 357826

With miso and barsilence I think silence landed twice....maybe 3 times entire time. Id def prioritize whatever that can resist silence over refresh in this fight. Silence just slow down cures way too much, and refresh isnt worth it imo.

Swapped into this and haven't experienced a single silence land ontop of me

ItemSet 367496

Obviously I know not everyones going to have access to Shamash, I've also taken an added precaution of how I handle my buffs, getting march x2 fire carol wind carol for the white mage while everyone else rides fire carol madrigal.

I 4 box so it's not a problem for me to make a quick change on my side to get that extra song for another layer of defense where as turbo pug bard 4000 would probably not want to sing a 5th song.
By ryukin182 2019-06-28 00:41:39  
Hmmm wind carol on the whm? Not a bad idea my dude
By Afania 2019-06-28 18:06:17  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Aerix said: »
Are people doing this fight without a SCH's Regen V and if yes, how? Our WHM and party keep getting knocked around and along with the constant AoE damage they can't keep up with the healing, even when all the adds are already dead.

I've done some smooth runs by using a DNC in a DD slot (along with a WHM healer). Certainly not necessary, but holding some TP for Divine Waltzes and not having to rely solely on the WHM is a pretty helpful cushion while you kill the big NM. Yes, you sacrifice some damage by not going full on DPS during that part of the fight, but the DNC can still pop off a few WS (just never do it when you can't get TP back immediately to be ready to Waltz). DNC can go nuts once you kill the boss and move onto the other mobs.

I'm sure it's not the ultimate in efficiency, but it works pretty safely. And it's a nice chance to take my DNC out for something, I've had fun playing it!

Speaking of which.....Can we prebuff barfire before before we zone in? I feel we can remove whm entirely and just main heal on dnc from yesterdays run, since I was afk heal 80% of time on whm, only cast 1 curaga right after that aoe move, and that aoe move happen like twice or 3 times entire run. I feel divine waltz + geo DS curaga II can keep up easily if 3 aoe cure is all you need per fight.

So setup like tank dd cor dnc brd geo would probably work. In fact I think this setup works in 90% of melee ambu lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Wotasu 2019-06-29 00:00:56  
On my runs we just zerg boss, if 99999 happens(which is 1 in maybe 10) just requeue cause fast queues.

Have whm stand where knockback wont toss it around like a corner behind the Tank. And just curaga 3-5spam after mercurial Strike. Run shouldnt take much dmg when Batutta is up.

Geo us BoG frailty, vex entrust wilt or fury if Epeo, and Dematerialize when frailty is down asap.

WHM Barfira barsilencera and idle in inyanga+2 5/5.
Brd march, march, mad(quite evasive) & fire Carol, ballad 3 whm and geo.
Cor sam/chaos. If you kill the boss but wipe just reraise and kill of the rest the hard part is over.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-29 00:03:57  
It's really easier said than done for pug but yeah, that's the jist of it.

obvious buffs. Pull it just wait a couple seconds for it's darkness then bop it while not getting bopped. That's the strat. I've yet to see any proof of any player skillchain whatsoever causing 99k.

I've done 350k hallmarks worth of runs and not a single time has a skillchain caused a 99k. (by players to players, i'm really not sure what's up with pup runs they're weird)
By Autocast 2019-06-29 01:38:04  
Just resubbed recently so late to the party but from all the runs I've done skillchains 100% aren't causing 99ks.

It's like others have said, zerg him inbetween his En-Skillchain effect which he always does a few seconds after pull.

Few things I have noticed from my runs, he always starts the skillchain like right when I get him back to wall on pull. He doesn't always complete it, on a handful of occasions I will only see en-detonation and then he will start to spam his normal moves.

I've also noticed he can en-skillchain whenever he wants (though not during his actual 1hr?) on one run, after pull he did his usual en-skillchain, when it ended we started to zerg, under 10seconds in he started to en-skillchain again. detonation > someone hit with a 30k ws > hit me with a 99k.

I have yet to see a 99k without WSing into his en-skillchain window, likewise I have yet to have a run where I didn't get hit with a 99k the second a WS hit him during said window, regardless of what skillchain he was on.

Quote:
I'd be interested in learning from Saeval, just exactly what a Run does and a Sam does in this fight step by step.

been duoing this month so far with a friend, 5 chars, as far as what I do on Runefencer after buffs (Honor,victory,mad,fire carol - chaos/sam - entrust refresh whm, indiattunement, geofrailty)

Flash boss, run to starting corner, foil midway, valiance the entire group (unda runes), battuta > oneforall > foil.

By now the boss has either stopped or finished his en-skillchain cycle in which case the brd, cor and my rune start to zerg, zerg and curaga spam.

As long as he doesn't decide to randomly en-skillchain mode again right away I have yet to have a loss doing this. then kill the war, mnks bst and ranger.

Use pretty standard tank set while engaged, dont use full DD gear (at least while mega boss is still alive and for bst charm) you want Meva for this fight.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-06-29 03:23:43  
There could be a trigger to a 99k Mercurial Strike! [Needs Confirmation]

From various screenshots provided and personal runs, it seems to go off if the tank (or whoever is targeted by Enceladus) takes zero damage from Detonation, Gravitation or both.

Which falls back to the same theory of lucky roll with Zero being the trigger.
By Autocast 2019-06-29 03:33:49  
Like that isn't even close to true, why even put that out there.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-06-29 03:52:55  
I shared this before:
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Sharing this theory that might explain Mercurial Strike:

Enceladus (beautiful name) is a SAM, best guess is that Mercurial Strike DMG will depend on the total DMG on his target in the sequence of attacks during his "secret" Meikyo Shisui activation.

Meaning, if Skillchains and Attacks reach a certain number it will trigger an additional magical DMG related to that number.

Lets say the resulting total DMG of Meikyo Shisui's Detonation > Gravitation > Darkness including the moves was 100 then the bonus Magical DMG will be 99k.

So basically in a nutshell, its luck based and can be avoided if you stun his sequence of total DMG.

And it was based off of this:
Briareus

Lastly, the trigger is still a mystery. Unless you have something to offer, I think its perfectly reasonable that we all try to figure it out.
By Autocast 2019-06-29 04:21:59  
I'd wager he gets an active buff, there is clearly no visible sign that he has it other than a skillchain showing up on his attacks.

He likely gets the buff before the attack lands, and it may even last a few seconds after? Maybe I'm just insanely lucky but if a WS went off during this buff of his I ate a 99k, If a WS did not go off during this phase then no 99k.

As I said in a post above I saw him activate this skillchain mode, which tends to usually have a decently long interval, seconds after finishing a previous skillchain rotation, so far I've only seen him reactivate it that quickly after the initial use once though.

If weaponskilling while he has this "buff" on is the trigger, then you're pretty much doomed to eat it if he turns it on at any point after the initial as there is no way for you to know he has it up until he lands a skillchain.

Maybe I haven't done enough yet but its consistent enough to the point where I can know if I'm going to eat a 99k or not.

Also as mentioned above he is capable of starting this skillchain mode and stopping, he doesn't have to make it through the whole order, at least half of my runs last night on pull was only creating detonation and then resuming his normal attack, no gravitation or darkness.

99k on detonation

I cant comment on behavior when it comes to puppets or spellcasters, but as far as melee zerging it goes, this seems to be the case. If something happens that doesn't follow any of this I will post it (though not like it matters seeing how the month is over but w/e)

And yes I've had the skillchains dealing 0 damage and not eating a 99k, again the only time I've eaten a 99k is WSing into his phase (and I've never not been hit with a 99k when doing so)
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-06-29 04:58:04  
In your screenshot it shows a Detonation hitting you for Zero DMG and a Rudra hitting Enceladus for 33k~

Maybe its a combination of getting hit for Zero and WSing it.. but I'm still team [Zero DMG from Detonation and/or Gravitation].
More information is needed tbh!
 Asura.Xavierreivax
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2019-06-29 06:02:46  
Don't weaponskill before he jumps, that is all.
[+]
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-06-29 09:18:43  
Exactly
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [705 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-03 17:45:37  
This is the one you're looking for.

Needs to be updated to fit the new format.

08/16
Was the previous time in the OG ambu thread

and
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50677/ambuscade-volume-1-april-2017/
[+]
By Heck 2021-06-10 13:04:34  
Had Success with RUN SAM GEO BRD COR WHM on VD

Buffs: Barfira, Unda Vallianced, March x2, Minuet, Mad, Chaos/Sam Roll, Indi-Fury/Geo-Frail

Pull to the corner, take out the Enceladus as quickly as possible. Then the Fistfighter → Fistfighter → Marshall → Swiftshooter → Meghan-tubs-Trainer.

Fudo from behind, COR and BRD Savage Blade from behind, everyone wears Hybrid win within 5-7 min

Gigas
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-06-10 13:17:06  
Easy wins....then three fights in a row 99,999 dmg. Yay!
By Heck 2021-06-10 13:25:25  
random 99k does still happen....see it every 5 runs and not sure what causes it still
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 13:44:23  
Spiking/wsing/something during megabosses skillchain.

Simply wait a few seconds for him to finish the sc then zerg it.

Never really narrowed it down because the boss only has like 300k hp it dies so fast the mechanic becomes kind of inconsequential.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 13:54:41  
Does anyone know if Migawari blocks that?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-06-10 15:33:51  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does anyone know if Migawari blocks that?

I can confirm 100% it is NOT blocked by Migawari :(
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 16:31:35  
Of course it can't. I hate how there's special moves that ignore Migawari.
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
サーバ: Odin
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-10 17:01:53  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Spiking/wsing/something during megabosses skillchain.

Simply wait a few seconds for him to finish the sc then zerg it.

Never really narrowed it down because the boss only has like 300k hp it dies so fast the mechanic becomes kind of inconsequential.

To build on this. It would appear all the damage he takes before he does his first mercurial strike (comes immediately after the darkness skillchain) contributes to the damage of mercurial strike.

I noticed that the mercurial strike did consistent damage throughout the fight (if it didn't one shot you lol).

So I would recommend just pulling and not touching it until the first mercurial strike goes off.
By Manque 2021-06-10 18:38:35  
Heck said: »
Fudo from behind, COR and BRD Savage Blade from behind, everyone wears Hybrid win within 5-7 min

The reasoning for WS'ing from behind is that it triggers gigas JA?
Also, does this also mean that the tank should not WS?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-06-10 18:39:22  
Usual monthly video covering strategies. Hope some find it helpful. Good month for soloers who have Monberaux and Selh'teus. Have a good month all!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 18:40:24  
It's not so much that "behind" matters, it's just that the mob in the corner, behind is the default.

and avoids conal/counters
[+]
By eeternal 2021-06-10 18:41:01  
literally takes 3-4 mins a kill, with valiance unda, entrust indi-attunement, you pretty much evade all debuffs, including Glacial Bellow (encumbrance)

Just valiance unda, barfira and zerg boss.. RUN is really great for this month's ambu
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8