June 2019 V1 VD Ambu
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-16 15:03:13  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
doing the exact same thing every run so its not being triggered by something.

That's a dangerous assumption, it could be something silly like dealing damage that's a multiple of X triggers it. Even if it is a bug, it's software so there's a trigger of some sort somewhere. Whether it's avoidable or not remains to be figured out, though.

March ambuscade

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Curious what mechanic we're missing then, there's no way it's just a random "*** off" move.

Yes, it absolutely could be. You're trying to be logical, and nothing they do is logical, so. yeah.

Just like last month. Q's use pd for "some reason" we're -never- going to find out how or why. it just is what it is.

Theres something that triggers it, for sure. "3 members hp ends in 5" "one person didnt eat food" "you don't use a whole party of taru" "no one, or too many wearing new ambuscade weapons" "they're secretly apkallu in tonberry costumes and it's based on apkallu hate"
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-16 15:08:05  
Not really sure your point. It's easy to say it could be random when the mechanic isn't known. It's foolish to say there isn't a mechanic because one hasn't been found. 99,999 sure sounds like punishment for doing something wrong, it's not a minor inconvenience like PD, it's enough damage to kill someone with scherzo/ea/50DT.

SE hasn't had insta death mechanics that weren't avoidable in an extremely long time. Bugs on the other hand, those are pretty common.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-16 15:13:46  
Poking jest at Eiryl's commentary, there is a trigger but whether or not it's something completely ridiculous or logical is another story
 Asura.Muffinqt
サーバ: Asura
user: tinytimmy
By Asura.Muffinqt 2019-06-16 15:46:15  
From what I've seen so far the main bosses auto attacks seem to create skillchains and the mercurial strike gets bursted for 99k
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-16 15:49:07  
That part everyone knows but it doesn't do 100k every time. what causes the 100k? literal magic. It could just be that the gigas has one million MAB but zero MACC and 100k is the 5% floor.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-16 15:55:04  
Asura.Muffinqt said: »
From what I've seen so far the main bosses auto attacks seem to create skillchains and the mercurial strike gets bursted for 99k
The TP moves make the skillchain. They are ranged, it's always Detonation > Gravitation > Darkness. He will USUALLY MB on the Darkness but it has MB'd me on the Detonation a few times, too.

I did I don't know how many runs yesterday, D/VD both followed the exact same behaviour. We managed to clear a run, then spent 10+ runs in a row with the EXACT same things happening, it resulted in 99k right when the boss reached corner. So the run ended after 30sec of fight 10 times in a row.

I stopped using blue magic, WHM stopped using Auspice and the problem solved itself. We then cleared maybe 3/4 without any problem (and wiped a dozen due to garbage damage, but no MB triggered at all, we killed the boss each time before wiping, so the tendency was completely inversed).
What I noticed is that whether he does the SC or not doesn't mean he will do a 99k to MB. He will raise his arms and cancel the animation by a jump (either one).

I find it a bit farfetched that blue magic would be a problem (jettatura/coccoon), same for Auspice. Our MNK was doing some stuff here and there too but he was /WAR, so nothing special I guess.

I tried gathering what people were doing exactly but they weren't shrewd enough to give me an exact list, but based on yesterday's experience I don't think it's random at all, there is a clear trigger.

I mean, when I got killed the SAME way 3 times in a row (down to the exact second), sure I thought I was just being really unlucky. But 10+ runs in a row with the same people, same jobs, doing the same things and dying the very same second each time? No way.
Good to note that I never got 99k'd AFTER the initial pull TP move rotation except when I ran with another group and it only happened once.

My guess would be that it's something the MNK/WAR was doing (WAR stuff would be more widespread) but I can't really see what it would be. If I ever get to go DD on it I'll see if I can replicate what he was doing, been stuck on PLD so far (too shy to RUN).

Al I could note from my many discussions on the topic:

- Hate never bounced
- Spike damage isn't the problem (we had a DRK spamming 50k+ Cross Reapers and it never triggered ***)
- The boss is always in melee range when it reaches Darkness, which is when he does the 99k usually so it's not range related

Many other stuff I forget now, but those few details were the ones people asked me over and over.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-16 16:01:03  
If you're running from it every time you get 100k'd maybe don't fight it in the corner.

Replicating something that seems random (while 5 other people possibly screw it up) is ridiculously hard to accomplish. hence the;

for "some reason" we're -never- going to find out how or why. it just is what it is.

Make a list of all the ***it certainly isn't. Then give up because it's impossible.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-06-16 16:04:46  
on all my runs 99k mercurial strike only came after a skillchain from the boss, I'm fairly sure the mercurial strike is magic bursting, cause since I've been using one for all after pulling it never showed again.
Oh and those skillchains seems to come from mega boss standard attacks.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-16 16:06:10  
If you're running from it every time you get 100k'd maybe don't fight it in the corner.

Replicating something that seems random (while 5 other people possibly screw it up) is ridiculously hard to accomplish. hence the;

for "some reason" we're -never- going to find out how or why. it just is what it is.
>running
What?

As for the second part, the problem I'm facing is that most people are unable to tell what they're doing and I'm not gonna change my filters to figure it out (at least not until I get in the spiral again). I'll try running with people who aren't too dumb and can easily list what they do step by step, it can't be that complicated and it's definitely not random, no way the very same scenario repeats itself so many times in a row when we're doing the very same thing and it being "random", it just doesn't add up.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-16 16:17:06  
Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
on all my runs 99k mercurial strike only came after a skillchain from the boss, I'm fairly sure the mercurial strike is magic bursting, cause since I've been using one for all after pulling it never showed again.

Right now I'm thinking this is most likely, and its likely not supposed to be able to MB. Since the boss will SC with his melee that makes the SC's rather unavoidable. Hence, I think it's most likely a bug.

Auspice and BLU spells have nothing to do with it though, that's almost certainly just coincidence. I've been doing the exact same buff rotation, ofa and val on pull, and using aoe hate spells since it rolled over this month and its had 0 effect on whether I see a 99k merc or not. This is with me playing every job other than the one DD, so I can say with certainty at least 5/6 of the party has been doing consistently the same thing.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-16 17:11:36  

I don't think it's magic bursting I just think it's ***.
Surely if it's magic, Liement or Elemental Sforzo would absorb, no?
I tried Sforzo and went straight through yet I absorbed the Darkness skillchain.

I even tried using Liement to absorb Muzzling Wallop and it didn't do ***. And yes... I was using Unda runes. I ain't that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE yet. I found though the boss either uses 99k at the start of the run, 10 seconds into mobs being pulled or he doesn't use it at all. I don't know if this is consistent with others though.

Maybe it's link with what Eiryl said about fighting in corner. I've never been 99k'd when supertanking in the middle, but sometimes get 99k'd when pulling to wall. Who knows if that has anything to do with it or not.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-16 17:33:42  
having a sam or drk(or any job than can land a stun ws) do blade bash/weapon bash during his move spam stops the sc and thus stops the 99k's. In most cases only had to stun once before killing the boss since he dies in like 30sec with Heavy dd + Cor savage spam.
On sam i usually konzen + ws, sc, Ws, blade bash, ws, ws, dead.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-16 18:24:06  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

I tried Sforzo and went straight through yet I absorbed the Darkness skillchain.

I even tried using Liement to absorb Muzzling Wallop and it didn't do ***. And yes... I was using Unda runes. I ain't that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE yet. I found though the boss either uses 99k at the start of the run, 10 seconds into mobs being pulled or he doesn't use it at all. I don't know if this is consistent with others though.

Maybe it's link with what Eiryl said about fighting in corner. I've never been 99k'd when supertanking in the middle, but sometimes get 99k'd when pulling to wall. Who knows if that has anything to do with it or not.

10 seconds in or not at all is consistent with what I've seen. I saw on my whm logs he Meikyos early, and thats when I see the enchain and scs. So, its probably just a roll of the dice whether he uses merc after sc and you die or another tp move and its an easy run.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-16 18:28:28  
How reliable is it to land stun with like a Geomancer? I don't believe bash stuns are any different from stun itself with its accuracy?
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-16 18:34:34  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
How reliable is it to land stun with like a Geomancer? I don't believe bash stuns are any different from stun itself with its accuracy?

I'll check tonight, as long as it lands even a few times before resists that would do the trick.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-17 03:42:23  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

You're taking "MB" too literally.

His skillchains allow him to enhance Mercurial's damage, that's all. It may be bugged, but they'd have fixed it by now I think.

I've been 99'd both in and out of corner, in the middle, whatever, it's like a gonzo at this point.

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Bashes are 100% stun if the target can be stunned as long as resist hasn't been built too high/capped.
I don't remember how much resist it builds but it used to be quite a lot, I remember using Shield Bash only in case of utmost necessity on Khimaira back in the days to avoid any problem with resist building.

It was like that at 75 the last time I paid attention to it, doubt it changed.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2019-06-17 04:02:04  
My only experience being 100k'd is when I tossed a Divine Seal Cure6 Stoneskin before a pull. Outside of that, all our fights were more or less the same and haven't seen it any other time.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-17 04:13:17  
The fights are identical, there are just two scenarios. One where you get 99k'd and one where you don't.
Whenever I got past that 99k point and didn't actually get 99k, I could afk, the run would unfold the same.

Did anyone get 99k'd outside of the initial TP move rotation on pull?
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2019-06-17 22:22:35  
Was just trying to do some runs on Normal as a 4-man group and we encounter a weird problem. So we were SAM WHM PLD BLM when we went in, did our normal buff cycle, PLD advanced, using AoE hate tools to try and grab hate. This is where things got weird as the adds totally ignored our PLD and went right for the WHM every time. We tried only the PLD buffing to reduce initial enmity, running full buffs and it happened every time without fail. I've read over the rest of the posts and have not seen this issue even once and plenty of groups using several buffers. Are we just missing something or is the hate rules for this month just weird?
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-17 23:35:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Javarr said: »
Was just trying to do some runs on Normal as a 4-man group and we encounter a weird problem. So we were SAM WHM PLD BLM when we went in, did our normal buff cycle, PLD advanced, using AoE hate tools to try and grab hate. This is where things got weird as the adds totally ignored our PLD and went right for the WHM every time. We tried only the PLD buffing to reduce initial enmity, running full buffs and it happened every time without fail. I've read over the rest of the posts and have not seen this issue even once and plenty of groups using several buffers. Are we just missing something or is the hate rules for this month just weird?

Everyone is on the hate list as soon as you enter, pld should drop their enmity JAs right before or right as they aggro the pack to ensure they're at the top of the list. If you're buffing and your pld is trying to flash > aoe blu spells or something, that's why.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-18 07:03:19  
So, a thing of note for the 99999 it doesn't show up in chat for a pup. just instant death.

I see Gravitation 15 > "nether castigation" 100(darkness)130 > Nothing > automaton just dies

(*) If Mercurial Strike kills the auto, it does not show up in chat. If Mercurial Strike (bursted off darkness) does zero damage, it shows up in chat.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-06-18 15:41:42  
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Javarr said: »

Everyone is on the hate list as soon as you enter, pld should drop their enmity JAs right before or right as they aggro the pack to ensure they're at the top of the list. If you're buffing and your pld is trying to flash > aoe blu spells or something, that's why.
Only right after you agro. Without going into too much detail, before agroing, everything generates 1 hate, which is why they normally go after the mages, they cast a lot of stuff. Just face agro and pop Rampart or something immediately after agroing and they should hone in on the tnak.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-18 15:54:23  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Not really sure your point. It's easy to say it could be random when the mechanic isn't known. It's foolish to say there isn't a mechanic because one hasn't been found. 99,999 sure sounds like punishment for doing something wrong, it's not a minor inconvenience like PD, it's enough damage to kill someone with scherzo/ea/50DT.

SE hasn't had insta death mechanics that weren't avoidable in an extremely long time. Bugs on the other hand, those are pretty common.

I wonder if it comes down to having too many buffs up. It happens to me almost every time I go in, the buffs I have up are..

Protect, Shell, Barfira, Barsilencra, Honor March, Victory March, Blade Madrigal, Fire Carol 1, Samurai, Chaos, Indi-attunement, Geo-Fury, Entrust Indi-Frailty

And then add on top your usual RUN buffs.. Crusade, Phalanx, Runes, Temper, Refresh.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-18 16:24:16  
seems like you should be able to test that easily without having to ask. click some ***off... test complete.

Spoiler, it happens with no bard, no geo, no corsair, so
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-06-18 16:42:25  
I died a couple times yesterday randomly, almost every fight he seems to be skillchaining on the tank from the start, i'm starting to think that he's gonna magic burst with mercurial strike only if dds engage fast and give him tp to pull the move off.So far I've been just fine on RUN when DDs don't get on him the very second I pull. It's just a theory though, take it with a pinch of salt
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-18 16:50:22  
As far as I can tell it has literally infinite tp and if it just happens to chose "autoattack that closes gravitation" > "nether castigation" > Mercurial strike - all without jumping

You die.

No Tricks or rhyme or reason. just chance. (at least, no obvious reasons)

BUT. It can be resisted(?)miss(?) by automatons(?)
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-06-18 17:09:10  
auto attacks and castigation are just normal attacks, not tp moves though
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-18 17:10:27  
They have skillchain properties. Semantics aside, that's a tp move. If it just picks the right sequence boom goes the dynamite.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-18 18:51:05  
It gets enchain on autos during meikyo.

Did 15 runs tonight where we killed ence before battuta wore, we didn't get 99k'd, so thats one way to do it. Just kill it while it cant sc you with autos and call it a day.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-06-19 08:31:36  
So how have you RUNs been pulling this? Ive tanked and won VD about 7 times.

I run in for aggro, battutata, flash, run out, valaiance and one for all on the way back through my party, then draw my sword and start my foil, jettatuara, flash cycle.

Some runs went incredibly smooth. Some... didn’t.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8