June 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-10 19:58:17  
Bahamut.Negan said: »

My message looks nothing like this, hence the confusion but it seems as though I'm locked out as well.
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-06-10 21:15:49  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Also, they prioritize the weirdest friggin' things. With so much that they could have been working on, why on Altana's green Vana'diel was Jody's Shield not being able to be used inside Mog Garden an issue that ANYONE cared about. The enchantment warps you to the middle of nowhere where Jaded Jody can spawn. Thank friggin' Gawd that was addressed right away.

Sometimes when you hire new people you give them an easy task to get acquainted with things or if someone is getting burnt out or only has a few days before a vacation they will fix something easy to fill the time.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-10 21:21:38  
VD Odin:
650k~ HP, casts Endark, Dread Spikes, Drain, Aspir, Silencega, Absorb-TP, Stun, Kaustra (during Manafont)
Geirrothr appear to be a 18k needles (6k on VE, 12k on normal), Sanngetall removes songs/rolls only, Yggr gives him a 50% Attack Boost for 5 min.
Doesn't resist geo debuffs at all but resist Mewing Lullaby (Reaving Wind can render him harmless still...), Silence, Armor Break and dark based Dispel works.
He has a cumulative resistance to WSs/BPs/nukes, it's the same already present in Dynamis/Heroines' Combat II (-10%, -25%, -40%, -60%, -85% if you keep using the same attack).
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-06-10 21:33:21  
Shiva.Siviard said: »

My message looks nothing like this, hence the confusion but it seems as though I'm locked out as well.

Screenshot is from the goblin in Ru'lude Gardens. Sorry about that.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-10 21:40:00  

Screenshot is from the goblin in Ru'lude Gardens. Sorry about that.

Aha! That explains it. I really hope SE fixes this soon.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-06-10 21:56:06  
We were spamming the new Odin fight just a few minutes ago, but we came back and the entrance is gone. Is the entrance missing on other servers too? We're on Carbuncle. lol
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-10 21:57:38  
Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
We were spamming the new Odin fight just a few minutes ago, but we came back and the entrance is gone. Is the entrance missing on other servers too? We're on Carbuncle. lol

I'll go look, I'm on Shiva. I'll report back. I should be in Dynamis right now but got locked out because of SE's screw up.

***ninja edit*** - Confirmed, it's gone on Shiva. Looks like they're working to fix their screw up now.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-10 21:58:55  
Gone on Leviathan
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-06-10 21:59:32  
Haha. Thanks for checking! >< We were so confused because there was no server message regarding this.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-06-10 22:01:07  
people in town complaining about it - So I guess they attempting to fix it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-10 22:13:18  
wonder if they are gonna reset everybody's dynamis timers
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-10 22:31:36  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Would be nice, but it's a little late for some of us.
By Afania 2019-06-10 22:38:35  
Not sure if I miss it somewhere: does anyone know how "Occasionally nullifies enemies' defense" on GS work? It sounds like your swings/ws occassionally fires off at capped pdif regardless of buffs.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 22:46:03  
Quote:
Current Known Issue (Jun. 10, 11)

We have confirmed an issue with the High-Tier Battlefields "A Stygian Pact", and temporarily removed the NPC "Veridical Conflux" in Selbina.

We will make an announcement later regarding when the NPC will be available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-10 22:47:56  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

If they read English questions and gave English answers, this is exactly what they would have said.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-06-10 23:09:32  
Afania said: »
Not sure if I miss it somewhere: does anyone know how "Occasionally nullifies enemies' defense" on GS work? It sounds like your swings/ws occasionally fires off at capped pdif regardless of buffs.
It should be exactly that. Maybe not WS I don't think it was ever proven or not if Coruscanti worked on WSes too.

The JP description of Coruscanti got changed to 時々物理防御力を無効化 this update which is exactly what the Great Sword says too.

The NA update notes also mention it getting updated but the English is still exactly the same on Dagger.

Rough google translate of that is: Occasionally disable physical defense
[+]
By Afania 2019-06-11 00:34:08  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Afania said: »
Not sure if I miss it somewhere: does anyone know how "Occasionally nullifies enemies' defense" on GS work? It sounds like your swings/ws occasionally fires off at capped pdif regardless of buffs.
It should be exactly that. Maybe not WS I don't think it was ever proven or not if Coruscanti worked on WSes too.

The JP description of Coruscanti got changed to 時々物理防御力を無効化 this update which is exactly what the Great Sword says too.

The NA update notes also mention it getting updated but the English is still exactly the same on Dagger.

Rough google translate of that is: Occasionally disable physical defense

If someone has a Coruscanti, they can probably test the ws and get the answer for the GS.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-11 03:59:29  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
You can tell they really paid attention to detail, as there is also a difficulty option of "Vrry Easy". And they left some Odin /say text in the fight untranslated in Japanese.

Its funny, I half interpreted that as a joke because of gear names (double rr's).

This is hilarious, and it's totally my new canon explanation for that piece of text.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Lili 2019-06-11 08:03:24  
Using Distilled Water with Sha Wujing's Lance +1 gives 1hp/tick Regen that lasts 5 minutes. Effect persists after removing the lance.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-11 08:04:33  
Migawari would eat it in Odin 1, it's how we dealt with it with low numbers at lv.90 cap when he could stil be some what lethal.
By zixxer 2019-06-11 08:05:52  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Clear party setup was PLD, RDM, SMN, SMN, WHM, GEO.

Odin has 700k hp. Took us a couple of wipes to understand the fight.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-11 08:55:27  
zixxer said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Clear party setup was PLD, RDM, SMN, SMN, WHM, GEO.

Odin has 700k hp. Took us a couple of wipes to understand the fight.

The video starts at 2:30

a couple wipes to figure out to acaf zerg it? lol
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-11 09:55:23  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
VD Odin:
650k~ HP, casts Endark, Dread Spikes, Drain, Aspir, Silencega, Absorb-TP, Stun, Kaustra (during Manafont)
Geirrothr appear to be a 18k needles (6k on VE, 12k on normal), Sanngetall removes songs/rolls only, Yggr gives him a 50% Attack Boost for 5 min.
Doesn't resist geo debuffs at all but resist Mewing Lullaby (Reaving Wind can render him harmless still...), Silence, Armor Break and dark based Dispel works.
He has a cumulative resistance to WSs/BPs/nukes, it's the same already present in Dynamis/Heroines' Combat II (-10%, -25%, -40%, -60%, -85% if you keep using the same attack).

I'm not sure Geirrothr is 18k. I tested myself, went into Odin VD solo and survived the whole thing as RUN. I do believe it is just like the Master Trial move and i do feel like it is affected by PDT. Also Yggr does give him an intimidation effect for roughly 1-2 minutes.

Also this HTB is a way easier version of the Master Trial Odin, so you can melee zerg it pretty quick with right set up.

Someone told me Utsusemi blocks Zantetsuke X, but I never got around to testing mostly cos I always reacted too slow.

I noticed a pattern with Zantetsuke X, it may not be 100% accurate, but happened consistent in my 10-12 runs I did: Roughly 30-40% Odin uses Manafont for 2nd time -> followed by AoE spell to wipe Utsusemi -> then Zantetsuke X. I could never test if Utsusemi worked, but would love to know if someone has been able to test properly.

Also RR does not block the insta KO unfortunately.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-06-11 11:19:05  
Aerix said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
How are you guys handling zantet x? Just using pet setup and not really worrying about it?

Also, at 5%, Odin did Zantetsuken Kai, which did about 3500 dmg to my tank auto and one-shotted the RNG auto. I'm not sure if it's straight damage, or similar to 10k needles.

Kai didn't hit the RNG maton at all, so it's either conal or single target. Zantetsuken X is 20' circle AoE and did kill my maton.

Edit: I can also confirm the Dyna-D lockout because of Odin.
Yes, it's all on the wiki pages

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zantetsuken_Kai
By Aerix 2019-06-11 12:03:00  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Aerix said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
How are you guys handling zantet x? Just using pet setup and not really worrying about it?

Also, at 5%, Odin did Zantetsuken Kai, which did about 3500 dmg to my tank auto and one-shotted the RNG auto. I'm not sure if it's straight damage, or similar to 10k needles.

Kai didn't hit the RNG maton at all, so it's either conal or single target. Zantetsuken X is 20' circle AoE and did kill my maton.

Edit: I can also confirm the Dyna-D lockout because of Odin.
Yes, it's all on the wiki pages

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zantetsuken_Kai

The wiki info for old Odin isn't necessarily correct for new content, i.e. Zantetsuken was renamed to Zantetsuken X and new Odin uses Manafont while the old one doesn't. In any case, I was merely correcting Siviard as he claimed my RNG maton had died to Kai even though it hadn't.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-06-11 12:16:54  
I can't think of any of the HTB avatars that really changed any of their abilities. But other than that I can agree. I think it's just weird that people aren't at least attempting to use older resources to get an idea of what is going on with mechanics we've at least technically seen before.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-11 12:38:49  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
Migawari would eat it in Odin 1, it's how we dealt with it with low numbers at lv.90 cap when he could stil be some what lethal.

Yes, Migawari still works on the new fight. NIN seems pretty useful for it, other than the whole dread spikes suicide if you/your party aren't paying attention to not meleeing without dispelling that.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-11 13:40:50  
So is it safe to assume that the Odin battlefield won't screw with our Dynamis entry timers anymore now that they've run maintienence on selbina? That has to be why they removed the crystal earlier, but it would be nice to get some form of confirmation that what they did actually corrected the issue. I'd like to give the BCNM a go tonight, but I'm scheduled to run with my Dynamis group tomorrow so a definitive Yea or Nay would be nice.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-06-11 14:32:08  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Meliorah said: »

Yes, Migawari still works on the new fight. NIN seems pretty useful for it, other than the whole dread spikes suicide if you/your party aren't paying attention to not meleeing without dispelling that.

probably worth going 5/6 with a Dispelling trust tbh

Anyway, has anyone found out which HTBF Deeds uses this month?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7