A Summoner's Gear Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22
 Cerberus.Caius
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2020-11-25 13:02:16  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
The aftercast triggers when the client sees you use the JA, and the pet_midcast triggers when the client sees your pet readying a BP. The two should generally happen around the same time.

Here's an example of how I avoid landing BPs in my idle gear:
Code
function aftercast(spell)
    if pet_midaction() or spell.type=="Item" then
        return
    end
    if not string.find(spell.type,"BloodPact") then
        idle()
    end
end

The second catch will stop it from happening on aftercast of the BP itself. I do it because I'm not positive pet_midaction() will always return true then.

The first catch is for other spells/abilities, like if you use another JA while the BP is still readying you don't want it to swap you out of BP gear.

So is this a line i can just add to my lua and it should potentially help? or is that going to be specific to your lua etc? Apologize for my ignorance lol
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-11-26 11:07:48  
It's specific to my lua, but would be fairly easy to adapt. Basically where I have "idle()" is where you would put in your Lua's existing aftercast logic.

That might be an over-simplification but that would be the general idea.

If you want to see the whole Lua for context, I've got it posted here: https://pastebin.com/u/pergatory
 Quetzalcoatl.Rebirthofsword
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Rebirthofsword 2020-11-26 11:25:54  
For the lua you have in the post would that only work for gearswap or does that work for ashitacast? I’m trying to refine mine if possible but I’m using ashitacast and that looks way different then I’m used to seeing. I just don’t know if they work interchangeable
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-12-30 04:32:58  
Is Kyrene a decent alt to Gelos or is it Gelos or GTFO?

I have Burana for my PUP. Actually, Kyrene looks like a better alt for Burana?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-30 05:00:42  
It works well enough for multi hit BP's, but you lose some with the magical/Hybrid BP.
I wish SE would let us quest more earrings and and stuff like SoA Rings c.c
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-30 06:06:57  
Like Wotasu said its good for multi-hit bp's tho with am3 up gelos will push a head a little bit. It shines when AM3 is down when using the relic body +3 to help make up for the accuracy loss from not using the Convoker's body but to even make the relic body viable you almost need r15 Nirvana for the +30 accuracy to make up for not using Convoker's as well, even when not using the relic body the difference is nominal between the two for multihit blood pacts tho anything magical/hybrid or single hit gelos is better.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-05 23:17:58  
I thought that voltstrike (physical BPs) set would include relic+3 body when using Nirvana over artifact +3?

Apologies if i'm wrong, I just don't see it mentioned in the guide.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-06 01:33:20  
With Rank 15 nirvana and other gear to make up for the accuracy loss Glyphic doublet +3 is better for multi hit physical blood pacts if aftermath 3 is not active. If aftermath 3 is active Convoker's is better.
Though in things like master trials you may just wanna use the convoker's full time for the extra acc anyways.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-06 10:56:33  
Yeah Relic+3 body is great for Volt Strike, IF you have enough accuracy to make it work. You might be surprised how reliant you've become on the AF body's accuracy if you try to replace it.
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2021-01-06 11:28:40  
I don't get the BP Delay II math on this set? I can only see -7 on the ammo. Is BP recast time from gifts II?

ItemSet 366308
• This set grants 22s recast as Master Smn
• Cape BloodPact Delay -II 1~3 Smn Skill +3~5
• BloodPact Delay I -15
• BloodPact Delay II -15

*Edit*

Why do I keep finding the answer immediately after I post?!

So you only need -5 BP I and -5 BP II from gear because the rest is from gifts?

AND! If that's the case, why do the notes say BP Delay II 3 for the Cape on this set if the Ammo slot already caps it?

ItemSet 366354
• This set grants 21s recast
• Cape BloodPact Delay -II 3 Smn Skill +5
• BloodPact Delay I -15
• BloodPact Delay II -15
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-06 11:39:31  
You get -10 from gifts, which counts as both I and II (or III), AF body has -15 I, Ammo -7 II. so 22 + 10 from gifts which is 32, but cap is 30.
And I think some of my notes are bad c.c.. Just how I built my gear way back when and didnt understand.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-06 15:20:32  
Gifts is more like III, it doesn't count toward either cap.

So you just need 20 total between I and II. Baayami hands/legs and Sancus+1 gets you there alone.

You definitely don't need recast on Conveyance Cape, just skill.

Edit: It's possible the set you're looking at is for non-master SMN? BP Recast II on the cape is pretty nice if you aren't mastered yet.
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2021-01-07 03:48:45  
Edit: It's possible the set you're looking at is for non-master SMN? BP Recast II on the cape is pretty nice if you aren't mastered yet.

I think that probably is the case but maybe the intention got a little lost along the way!
 Cerberus.Caius
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-01-07 11:55:45  
Have sets changed much from the first page? I really haven't seen or heard of many sets using any of the Relic gear.

Also when using AM3 do people use alternative sets specifically when AM is? or is that just to buff with same sets?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-07 12:32:09  
The sad fact is that aside from Body+3 When AM3 is down(And you need to account for the Acc Loss from AF+3 Body) and Hands+1 for Magic Bursting, the rest of the set is outshined by Apogee/Cait Crown. The Legs might be useful for the Macc.
 Cerberus.Caius
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-01-07 13:56:17  
Does that +15% DA and 20% crit really outshine all the loss in BP damage? Convokers has 16 BP damage. that 15/20 does seem like a lot but i guess im not 100% sure just how that BP dmg would translate vs the other potential. This is figuring aside from the acc issues.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-07 14:40:30  
I use different sets when am3 is up and when it is down whether i have buffs or not. Pergatory made a bp damage calculator that would answer your questions about how damage translates.
By Crossbones 2021-01-07 14:56:00  
You have to take into account just how much damage a multi hit proc does for those BPs. It is a huge amount. When I don't have AM3 I use relic body and AF hands. Acc is basically never an issue unless you're in wave 3 but IDK why you would even use SMN for phys BP in there anyway. For most content like omen / aeonics / ambu giving up that acc is no problem and you don't need an R15 nirvana for that either (but you will most likely have AM3 for aeonics anyways). Also the crit is worthless if you are attack cap since all it does is bring your avatar to pdif.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-07 15:43:41  
Cerberus.Caius said: »
Does that +15% DA and 20% crit really outshine all the loss in BP damage? Convokers has 16 BP damage. that 15/20 does seem like a lot but i guess im not 100% sure just how that BP dmg would translate vs the other potential. This is figuring aside from the acc issues.
The DA15 in combo with Nirvana's BP+40 is what you're looking for. But only when AM3 is down.
I dont remember where, but Pergatory said something about a few %'s increase over AF+3 Body.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-07 16:29:01  
I use helios hands for non am3 with (bp dmg 7 pet:da 8 and pet: att or acc), you lose 2% da from the Convoker's hands but Convoker's also has no bp dmg on them at all, but the 7 bpd on helios will trump the loss of Pet: 2 % DA.

This is what i use for non AM3 multihit blood pacts. Sorry for the posting the gear in text idk how to do the neat window thing.

sets.avatar.atk = set_combine(sets.avatar.skill,{
main={ name="Nirvana", augments={'Path: A',}},
sub="Elan Strap +1",
ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
head={ name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+30 Pet: Rng. Acc.+30','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
body="Glyphic Doublet +3",
hands={ name="Helios Gloves", augments={'Pet: Attack+30 Pet: Rng.Atk.+30','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
legs={ name="Apogee Slacks +1", augments={'Pet: STR+20','Blood Pact Dmg.+14','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+4',}},
feet={ name="Helios Boots", augments={'Pet: Attack+30 Pet: Rng.Atk.+30','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
neck="Smn. Collar +2",
waist="Incarnation Sash",
left_ear="Kyrene's Earring",
right_ear="Lugalbanda Earring",
left_ring="C. Palug Ring",
right_ring="Varar Ring +1",
back={ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Accuracy+10 Pet: Rng. Acc.+10','Pet: "Regen"+10','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}},
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-07 17:23:53  
Here's the aforementioned calculator, for those curious:

https://pastebin.com/WQ1Gn8Hs

It's written in JavaScript for ease of use. Save it as a ".html" file and open it. I have a link to my Pastebin in my FFXIAH profile too if you ever forget how to find it.

Anyway, you should find that for Nirvana users, without AM3, relic body does win on the Pet:DA alone as long as your accuracy is still good. The reason is because you already have so much BPD that it suffers diminishing returns.

Personally, my set with AM3 up differs slightly. I swap Relic body for AF body, Cath ring for a second Varar+1, and Kyrene's Earring for Gelos Earring.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-07 18:18:13  

Personally, my set with AM3 up differs slightly. I swap Relic body for AF body, Cath ring for a second Varar+1, and Kyrene's Earring for Gelos Earring.
Same but I also use merlinic hands when I have am3 up and apogee +1 feet with phy attack path.
 Cerberus.Caius
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-01-08 10:49:24  
Thanks for that link to the Damage Calculator, interesting to see how things change between BPD and DA, finding the right combo of each, as you said diminishing returns etc.. I just wanted to confirm, is that multiplier a per hit for the BP or just over all?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-08 10:59:27  
Cerberus.Caius said: »
I just wanted to confirm, is that multiplier a per hit for the BP or just over all?
It's overall. So for example if you plug in 100% DA, then every BP will be 5 hits instead of 3, and the DA multiplier will show as 1.667.

Note: This also means the calc probably isn't 100% accurate since there's a lot of speculation that the first hit of the BP is stronger than subsequent ones. Unfortunately, it's not actually been proven. So it's possible that the calculator slightly favors Pet:DA more than it should but I've found it to be pretty reliable in telling me which piece is better.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Xorlarrin 2021-02-09 19:15:18  
What path do you take for Espiritus?
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2021-02-09 19:31:02  
Xorlarrin said: »

Path A for magical BPs and if you can get a 2nd one then Path B for wards/bp recasts(reaching 671+ in skill)
By Xorlarrin 2021-02-09 19:53:49  
Bahamut.Satanas said: »
Xorlarrin said: »

Path A for magical BPs and if you can get a 2nd one then Path B for wards/bp recasts(reaching 671+ in skill)

Thanks!

What should you use for BP rages? (Physical) Not played smn in a long time, so sorry if these are silly questions.
 Cerberus.Caius
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-02-09 22:23:58  
Gridarvor is going to be your best bet for a Physical BP Staff. Grioavolr is the other option for Magic BP staff but need good augments, front page gives you a breakdown of what you want to look at for augments to beat the Espiritus.

The first page of the guide is still really accurate as far as smn goes. Not too much has changed so you cant go wrong following the sets there, and the creator did a good job of including the paths for things like Espiritus and Abjurations
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22