Best Job For Soloing Content?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Best Job for soloing content?
Best Job for soloing content?
By SimonSes 2019-03-17 15:46:45  
I think you problem is that you are coming to this with PLD mentality. You are thinking to solo on those jobs exactly in the same way as on PLD, which is turtling while doing some damage.
You can obviously do that, but I think you missing the entire point of making new job for solo. Also if you are actually turtling, you should reconsider what's the biggest treat for solo/duo. The biggest treat is imo magic damage and getting debuffed. The huge advantage of DNC here is Turms set, that have tons of meva and MDB, while also being great TP set (ideally for Terpsi, ebcause it lacks multi-attack that Terpsi provides, but it's still great without it) with high accuracy, regen and some store tp, ciritcla hit and parry. You can mix it with few things to get massive meva, MDB and capped MDT with Shellra V. This + Fan Dance is your true solo turtle set for 95% of hard enemy. but really 90% of DNC solo on stuff like escha T1-2 and sometimes T3, should involve killing enemy in -teen seconds with Evis>Climactic Rudra>Climactic Rudra. That combo, even without Twashtar, can easily make like 200-350k with SCs (assuming enemy that doesnt resist skillchain)

Now on BLU you have 2 things. Sudden Lunge and Occultation. This two things combined let you TP in max TP set for most of the fight. You swap to DT set only for unavoidable TP moves. Mostly magic TP moves and you set for that shouldnt also be a pure DT set, but also like for DNC set with highest meva and MDB that caps MDT with Shellra V. Meva is such underrated thing that it blows my mind.

I would also think about your mule more. Geo standing in place and doing nothing but bubbles and Geo magic bursting in very good set are two totally different things.
By soralin 2019-03-17 16:26:13  
Those are really great points and I dont disagree with any of them.

Very valuable advice!
 Asura.Byrne
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-17 17:05:20  
ItemSet 365674

This with Barrier tusk will generally keep you alive on BLU, and you can swap the cape for DW instead of Store TP/DA if you need to use Ayanmo Body, and Assimilator Bazubands +3 which will cap you out, meaning barrier would put you at 57.5% PDT with a decent amount of offensive stats
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-17 20:12:14  
soralin said: »
So after doing some research, this approximately looks like the two sets Id be comparing

Dnc DT + Tping
ItemSet 365651

I'm trying to think of this, from the perspective of someone who just started Dnc for the first time, and was trying to spend absolute minimal gil, to get a solid solo set for the job.

ItemSet 365676

This is 45% PDT and you can use the 2nd ring slot to cap it easily with your choice. Vocane for a true min/max player, MoonXX, Dark, tons of ring options really.

Getting Emet to +1 costs 1M currently on Asura.
Loricate to +1 is only 600k.
Staunch, Flume, Herc Head/Feet, Meghandas Head, there's a ton of flexibility here, without being forced to farm +3 AF/Relic.

So ~1.6M for capped PDT, plus Fern Stone Augs on gloves. Only a single Ambu +2 piece needed, and leaves head, feet, waist, ammo, and ears open for pure DPS.

Depending on which Ring you go with, I want to make a point that MDT might not be capped, and Mummu +2 Legs might be a more beneficial choice as they are 5DT vs Megh 7PDT to keep both PDT and MDT capped in just these 6-7 pieces.
By soralin 2019-03-18 01:14:54  
I have about a 30~50 mil bidget, and as I stated, my main is Pld. I have stuff like moon rings, staunch tathlum, etc. So dont need to go THAT budget lol.

Horos bangles +3 are pretty mandatory. They get you from 60% PDT with FD up to 62.5% PDT, which is basically another 4% effective PDT. Absolutely best in slot soloing gloves, anything that gets you above the PDT limit is crucial.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-18 02:02:32  
Horos bangles +3 are pretty mandatory. They get you from 60% PDT with FD up to 62.5% PDT, which is basically another 4% effective PDT. Absolutely best in slot soloing gloves, anything that gets you above the PDT limit is crucial.

I'm sure people smarter than me can comment to this, but... that would require 5 Fan Dance Merits and, that's not 'typically' the recommended merit setup, but you could do so if you desire.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-18 03:50:04  
If he only mostly plan to solo he can go 5/5 fan dance, 1/5 saber and 4/5 closed position, but 5/5 closed is imo better, NFR is generally not needed and 1/5 saber is enough, so you can 4/5 fan dance, but to be honest that 62% pdt is only worth it if you plan to tank very hard stuff in group content or supertank many mobs at once. He is career PLD so he keep thinking like PLD. Instead of 2% pdt its better to have high store tp and multi-attack and just throw a waltz. Lets say that 2% pdt will cut like 6 dmg per attack and 20 on some tp moves. Now some stp and ma would probably gives you at least 20 more tp per round. 10 rounds and you have free waltz, while that 2%pdt would maybe mitigate 100dmg.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-18 04:19:25  
The mechanics of DNC soloing revolves around swapping sets anticipating major attacks, not staying in hybrid DT set.

People seem to neglect evasion bonus that DNC naturally has, and like Simon mentioned, focusing on MEVA is far superior than DT since we have access to Fan Dance [even at 1/5 its effective] and more often than not, DNC usually subs SAM or NIN while solo, this means access to shadows and third eye.

It seems to me that you're just going to let your DNC Auto Attack in full DT and WS at 1K or something, if thats not the case then you should just macro swap between sets like any normal DPS job, and trust me, DNC can pull its own weight very effectively if you wanted to tank.

One more trick is to get your hands on Dashing Subligar for that extra Blink every time you Waltz.. you're basically invincible at that point.

With Closed Position 5/5 you also gain extra evasion facing mobs, and honestly, in any solo friendly content these days; a 3 step darkness utilizing Climactic Flourish, will make DT sets occasional, since the fight is already over.. DNC got the highest skillchain bonus in game.

Again, the main premise for soloing is speed of kill, and DNC DRG BLU COR are far superior than any other job.. with DNC having an edge over them.
By geigei 2019-03-18 05:20:33  
This still going on? any job w/o aoe control is discarded by default.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-18 05:48:58  
Didn't know that every fight in game [solo friendly] needs crowed control~
Even the ones that are supposedly solo-able and contain adds, they're weak with todays gear choices.

Amusing, yet mediocre dismissal -at best-

Maybe this can help:
[+]
By geigei 2019-03-18 06:13:31  

Dyna Divergence farming

Dnc discarded, move along.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-18 06:16:48  
No.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-18 08:06:16  
geigei said: »

Dyna Divergence farming

Dnc discarded, move along.
I also have a pocket Geo I can pull out and duo box with.

I tho GEO can crowd control..
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-03-18 09:25:29  
Wasnt there a tally going for what jobs soloed the best?

Some guy on SCH had the most solos.

Beaztmaster had a tally going for BST.

Spicyryan had a tally going for Blu.

And from what I remember it was SCH #1. BST was a close 2nd. And Blu had a pretty large gap behind BST. Dont quote me there. I'd like to see that updated again though.
By SimonSes 2019-03-18 09:38:16  
Cronnus said: »

And from what I remember it was SCH #1. BST was a close 2nd. And Blu had a pretty large gap behind BST. Dont quote me there. I'd like to see that updated again though.

SCH was probably Mischief from my LS. Not sure if he still doing solos, but afaik he was also doing it on BLU and SMN.
By Afania 2019-03-18 09:52:07  

Sch, pup, bst, maybe rdm are some of the best jobs at no trust solos.

If you use trust though, they are not necessary the fastest solo jobs.

99% of people who solo, or ask for solo job advice, solo to farm stuff, not challenge. So theres no point to suggest these jobs to someone that needs advice to farm things solo. They will probably use trusts.
By Afania 2019-03-18 09:56:24  
geigei said: »
This still going on? any job w/o aoe control is discarded by default.

I farm dyna D solo on cor/sch a few times, and generally have same amount of card/heroism farm efficiency as duo/trio on cor/nin with dedicated crowd control job and split drops 2-3 ways.

Native crowd control is not 100% necessary to solo since you can get them via /sch.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-18 13:42:06  
Afania said: »
Native crowd control is not 100% necessary to solo since you can get them via /sch.

AATT
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-18 19:58:56  

Sch, pup, bst, maybe rdm are some of the best jobs at no trust solos.

If you use trust though, they are not necessary the fastest solo jobs.

99% of people who solo, or ask for solo job advice, solo to farm stuff, not challenge. So theres no point to suggest these jobs to someone that needs advice to farm things solo. They will probably use trusts.

I was wondering when someone would mention RDM :p

Yeah, RDM's solo potential if you have Crocea Mors R25 is absolutely prodigious compared to how it was 2 years back.

Relevant to the discussion at hand, it is also unexpectedly powerful in Dyna D, when paired with DP COR you can be just as effective if not more so than many 10~18 man rookie-ish shout groups with just 4 people, making your cut MUCH larger, especially if you're 2 dualboxes doing BRD COR GEO RDM. I'm not saying that's balanced, but it's true.

Example: RDM doesn't really have to worry about being aggressive as Sang blade keeps them topped off, the COR doesn't need much help either, as they can usually 1shot the mobs if pulled properly, then on bosses the RDM can open for the COR, then burst on the skillchains, COR can close again with Wildfire for even more bursts. This speeds up Leaders alot, and makes the midboss statue a *** joke.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-18 21:04:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

AATT

AATT is kinda unreliable in dyna D solo unfortuntly :(

Asura.Byrne said: »
I was wondering when someone would mention RDM :p

Rdm da best solo since Avesta! :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2019-03-18 23:02:36  
for crap that attacks on the slow side. my BLU is great. however with faster more accurate crap i generally pull out my PLD and kill it ever so slowly. -,-
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-03-18 23:23:03  
I would honestly encourage people to try solo on Rune Fencer. I've managed to do some amazing stuff with it, but the downside of it is that it relies on trusts for capped haste, not so much survivability.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-19 00:18:13  
Edit: cleaning up.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-19 03:31:28  
Edit: moved to PM
By AliceEternal 2019-03-19 04:34:06