フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 97 98 99
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-02 21:15:47  
I think if you're using hover shot on an extrended NM fight the extra enmity reduction from ikenga's becomes almost mandatory, with coronach builds being a possible exception. I'd still use ososhi for trash farming pulls, but with hover shot's beefy numbers the - enmity ikenga's affords is ridiculously relevant. In retrospect it might not have been worth sacrificing the relic hat for ikenga's, but then again I was using fomalhaut and I still had a 3 hit build even without it so I wasn't missing out on too much. Last stand was hitting 35-40k by the time I had max stacks with spikes pushing the 50k range, so kill speed wasn't an issue. I don't feel like 5/5 was a detriment to my performance at all. Hover shot and Ikenga's just go together too well. Hate management is a definite thing with that ability.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-06-02 23:19:57  
Hey guys will these hands be any good for TF/WF set instead of Carmine fingers +1 & Arcadian legs,

any thoughts? thanks in advance
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-03 01:38:07  
The herculean gloves are close to carmine +1, but they should win out. I'd use them if I had that aug. They should also be preferable to meghanada +1 in a last stand build as well. As for the legs, a normal aug at 35 magic attack and similar magic accuracy is better than 19 magic attack and 3 wsd, but with 8 agility and trueflights tp scaling on top of that they're as good as anything you can get through normal means. I'd use both myself.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-03 02:09:02  
If you have the pieces you're comparing Herc DM augments to for a magical WS, go out to some level 1 mobs and compare each on a 3000tp WS for a precise damage comparison. Magical WS will always be same damage unless resisted (which is highly unlikely on a super trivial mob, and you'd know it if you saw it), unlike physical WS having some variance.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-03 02:27:18  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The herculean gloves are close to carmine +1, but they should win out. I'd use them if I had that aug. They should also be preferable to meghanada +1 in a last stand build as well. As for the legs, a normal aug at 35 magic attack and similar magic accuracy is better than 19 magic attack and 3 wsd, but with 8 agility and trueflights tp scaling on top of that they're as good as anything you can get through normal means. I'd use both myself.

Through normal means you can get 35mab/10agi/5%wsd, which is even better than my 10%wsd/20mab augment. Ofc getting all those three stats that high is almost impossible, but if someone have enough gil and MAGA, then you could try. That being said Nyame exists too and it's generally even in term of DPS with that almost impossible to get fern stone augment, but also have macc, skillchain damage and tons of survivability.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-03 07:28:40  
Quote:
That being said Nyame exists

Which is why I wouldn't bother spending much gil on Oseem augments anymore. Oseem and dark matter have been in the game for several years. It's not unreasonable to wait a few more months for nyame to become more mainstream. Better to just bypass Oseem altogether since nyame will outperform the best herc augs when we get a chance to R 20 it.
 Asura.Samsonxiii
サーバ: Asura
user: Spook153
By Asura.Samsonxiii 2021-06-16 16:38:08  
Anyone can chime in to non-gastar true flight numbers?

Looking to build gastra but finishing annihilator r15 and need a second in line to gastra and maybe even third if possible. Much appreciated.
By Crossbones 2021-06-16 16:43:37  
I was hitting in the 70k range with my arma prior to hover shot in wave 3, but average was not nearly as high.
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2021-06-21 04:59:49  
Trueflight Pants:
Guide has relic pants +3: agi 33, macc 39, wsd +10%
Arthros offers Augury cuisses (+1'd and Aug'd): 27 agi, 46 MAB

Does Relic +3 come out ahead? Is there a general "2-3 MAB=1%WSD" general guideline?
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-06-21 05:28:36  
Most math suggests overall 1 WSD% = 3 MAB for magical WS. Just roll with that as a generality and it will help with making gear decisions before consulting spreadsheets and test runs. Just don’t forget other important stats like macc, AGI, etc.

With that being said, nyame path b is just broken for Trueflight. I know a lot of people aren’t at a point of wanting to build up nyame but it’s a good incentive to collecting 5-6 friends and working on some goals for a while. It’s been a blast for us and has made it fun to look forward to a friend event.

TL:DR 1 wsd = 3 mab
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-06-21 10:20:54  
I'd say relic comes out ahead purely on macc. 10-15 MAB here or there won't make too much difference on high-end content, while almost 40 macc is a huge chunk.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-21 10:30:49  
One real indirect reason that Relic+3 does so well in Trueflight sets right now has nothing to do with the legs: Cohort Cloak +1.

Its such a monstrous piece for MAB/macc that giving up two slots for potential WSD is worth it outside of extreme Herculean Augments. But we still want a respectable amount of +WSD, and that's how the relic+3 fits in so well and balances things out, while even providing macc. In a purely Legs discussion, Nyame Path B are amazing for Trueflight, but you'll probably want around WSD+6 level of RP to beat Relic+3 in a straight swap of the two pieces in most sets.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-21 10:49:09  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
One real indirect reason that Relic+3 does so well in Trueflight sets right now has nothing to do with the legs: Cohort Cloak +1.

Its such a monstrous piece for MAB/macc that giving up two slots for potential WSD is worth it outside of extreme Herculean Augments. But we still want a respectable amount of +WSD, and that's how the relic+3 fits in so well and balances things out, while even providing macc. In a purely Legs discussion, Nyame Path B are amazing for Trueflight, but you'll probably want around WSD+6 level of RP to beat Relic+3 in a straight swap of the two pieces in most sets.

Actually Augury are better, but the difference is not even 1% while macc difference it's huge and that's the reason to use relic in this direct comparison. Now it all depends what amount of mab buffs we assume and what weapons. With 2* Mal. Daggers all you need on Nyame to beat Relic is +2% wsd actually.

EDIT: it was also for Cohort + 2xMal.daggers + carmine + herc feet. So for the set that heavily lower diminishing returns of WSD. Once you start switching other slots to Nyame and/or weapons to kraken or something else, Augury will actually start beating relic by much more (like 4%+, Nyame still win in legs tho)
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-22 14:31:39  
We've tested this out yesterday with Jinbe and Nyame R20 Head and Body does out damage Cohort Cloak +1 for TrueFlight.
But I think Cohort Cloak +1 is still worth keeping as a M.Acc swap as you do lose 20 M.Acc with Nyame.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-22 14:40:21  
There's a bug posted on the OF that the R20 head is possibly broken

Specifically just R20, it's jp, and went to insufficient data, but yeah
 Asura.Nalfey
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-22 14:48:28  
Hmm interesting, did they say in what way it was broken ? like doing way too much damage ?
During our test on TrueFlight the damage difference with C.C.+1 wasn't insanely big it was around 1k difference.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-22 14:57:28  
Quote:
Nyamehelm Tipe: C Rank 20 does not seem to reflect the effect of the equipment.

Currently, all equipment is omitted in hunting, but when shooting a true flight with 5 parts equipped with nyame, the damage is 64100. When he has 64100 damage, the nyame is head C16, torso B19, hand B19, leg B19, foot It was B19.
From now on, when he strengthens his head to C20, he has reduced the damage to about 56000.
Both have been tested and confirmed many times.

I don't know if it's only C specific or R20 specific or operator error, just something I saw.
 Asura.Nalfey
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-22 16:08:56  
Ah yes that's probably on path C only because we were testing with full path B R20
By Lobivopsis 2021-06-29 18:39:57  
Searched the thread and found nothing about this. Trilling Dagger adds 10% to all light attacks regardless of hand and works with holy bolts etc. So does it also work with Trueflight and if so would it be better or worse than a Malevolence?
By Masunasu 2021-06-29 18:49:12  
It should work with Trueflight, it's still worse than even a no-augment Malevolence though.
 Asura.Samsonxiii
user: Spook153
By Asura.Samsonxiii 2021-07-05 02:34:25  
Question about the Savage Blade set on the front page:

Would Ternion Dagger +1 be a better option than Blurred Knife +1?

I guess the pontification would fall into the better tp option vs the wsd+
By SimonSes 2021-07-05 03:43:27  
I would say Blurred is better. 5%WSD is very little for job that has like +80% WSD already in Savage set. It's just 2.7% increase. Blurred would need to make 100 TP overflow more over Ternion to beat that, which I think is pretty realistic.
By Seun 2021-07-05 06:20:50  
Asura.Samsonxiii said: »
Would Ternion Dagger +1 be a better option than Blurred Knife +1?

TD+1 probably wins average damage and might be ideal for closing. Blurred deals less damage, but might allow more frequent WS leading to higher overall damage.

Even if you play both optimally, there isn't much of a gap either way.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-06 23:15:42  
Quote:
Ah yes that's probably on path C only because we were testing with full path B R20

I find it interesting that some people actually went down path C to begin with. The versatility of path B is just so good, but I'm curious now. Does the math show path C nyame ahead of Path B for trueflight, and if so by how much? If that was their primary concern, what kind of percentile difference is there between path B and C for magic weaponskills.
By SimonSes 2021-07-07 10:21:40  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

I find it interesting that some people actually went down path C to begin with. The versatility of path B is just so good, but I'm curious now. Does the math show path C nyame ahead of Path B for trueflight, and if so by how much? If that was their primary concern, what kind of percentile difference is there between path B and C for magic weaponskills.

Nah path C isn't better for Trueflight. While path B is indeed versatile for tons of jobs, it's still perfectly possible that you might not make much use out of it on certain jobs, at least not from whole set. Some people don't play all jobs. Path C is slightly worse for magic WSs but still very good. Why else you could want to make path C?
1. Totally OP set (body, legs, hands) for nukes on NIN. It's really a MASSIVE boost, especially for bursts (probably like 40% to next best thing, which is basically base Nyame for bursting). That being said you lose on hybrid WSs (path C is still awesome for hybrids too, just not as much as B)
2. Totally OP set for BLU bursting. Blu can burst only with burst affinity tho, which sucks, but maybe it will be changed in future upgrades :P
3. DRK, PLD, WHM nukes :P
4. I'm not expert of mages but isn't path c actually kinda better than Agwu? Agwu has slightly better INT/MDMG, but Nyame has more useful magic burst II in addition to MB I.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-07 10:55:18  
Quote:
Nah path C isn't better for Trueflight. Path C is slightly worse for magic WSs but still very good.

That comes as a surprise to me. The difference between the two is 25 Mab and 20-30 base damage depending on piece, versus 8-10 WSD, also depending on piece. Is 8 WSD on the 3 weaker pieces really superior to 25 MaB and more base damage? I don't know the magic damage formulas as well as I do the physical ones, which was why I asked. I just would have expected path C to beat out path B for trueflight, wildfire, aeolian edge... etc etc is all.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-07-07 11:20:33  
mDMG isn't multiplied by fTP, so I wouldn't really call it a "base damage" increase

The higher the fTP, the less of a final damage increase you're going to see from +mDMG- and Trueflight's is pretty high unless you're always firing at 1k.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-07 12:10:39  
It still affects base damage, even if it is just added at the end. It gets added at the same place sneak attack's dex bonus gets factored in for a physical weaponskill's, so yeah, it's pretty insignificant. And I know the formula well enough to know how it works. The watered down version is

Base damage x (MaB/MdB) x WSD

So you're taking the base damage and throwing it through a pair of multipliers that each act upon the other. It's similar to how a physical weaponskill that can critical works, but instead of using crit attack bonus, which is always a fixed percentile increase based on your gear stats, the Mab/MdB is in itself a percentile increase derived from your stats weighted against the mob and can change from target to target. That's the part that threw me off. I just assumed an extra 125 MaB would be worth more than 43 more WSD. Of course the more MaB you have in your other slots or through buffs the more valuable the WSD becomes, so I can see it.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 97 98 99