言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 97 98 99
By eliroo 2019-03-20 16:47:58  
Too bad decimation doesn't scale with TP.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-03-20 16:54:38  
eliroo said: »

Yeah but it's already on par with a a Reso at about 2000 tp or more.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-20 17:18:23  

Yes but it doesnt need to. On war and drk it can avg 36-42k or more at 1000 tp depending on gears. Thats on par or even better than ws that scale with tp unless you overflow a lot.
 Asura.Zanosan
サーバ: Asura
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-20 17:25:10  
RNG Decimation should petty much be RUN Resolution sets -Lustratio right?
By Afania 2019-03-20 17:28:06  
Rng isnt on lustratio, also posted set last page.
By kunami 2019-03-20 17:43:06  
Is it worth dropping Savage out of the node and putting in Decimation in its place?
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-03-20 18:01:06  
Both are good for fooling around with melee, but neither is actually needed for RNG. It's really up to you on how long you want the guide to be and how concise/verbose.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-03-20 18:11:01  
I know we are about to have things change in the next month, but does anyone have a preference for a support buffers for RNG?

I am deciding if I want to build a COR or GEO on my other character to support my RNG. I look at COR having MAB, Store TP, Atk, Regain, and Crit as options. GEO has MAB, -MDB, Atk, -Def.

I feel like GEO is overkill on support for Trueflight and that I'd get more utility out of Store TP + MAB from COR. GEO probably wins for Physical but loses for Crit, but that could all be wild speculations.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-20 19:49:08  
I said -Lustratio as in minus lustratio as in without lustratio. And yes I saw your set, I was just drawing the link zzz like people do with war and drk zzz.
By eliroo 2019-03-21 07:55:54  
Well the point of mentioning that it doesn't scale with TP is that we can't abuse the TP bonus gun which would greatly help RNG in closing the gap between them and WAR.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-03-21 08:16:56  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I know we are about to have things change in the next month, but does anyone have a preference for a support buffers for RNG?

I am deciding if I want to build a COR or GEO on my other character to support my RNG. I look at COR having MAB, Store TP, Atk, Regain, and Crit as options. GEO has MAB, -MDB, Atk, -Def.

I feel like GEO is overkill on support for Trueflight and that I'd get more utility out of Store TP + MAB from COR. GEO probably wins for Physical but loses for Crit, but that could all be wild speculations.

Geo can also give you flurry
By DaDrifter 2019-03-21 09:58:24  
How does Empyreal Arrow do with the Ambuscade bow? Worth making? Does it match that of Decimation and Savage Blade? Also, what does a good, rarely utilized, Apex Arrow WS set look like. The combination may do well for some fun doing Apex Arrow > Decimation light SC spam for solo or low man situations.
By kunami 2019-03-21 10:01:47  
The Ambu bow is low dmg, low delay archetype so I believe it is Very Bad™ compared to Fail-Not or Gandiva.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-21 10:13:58  
I think the most you can hope for with Empyreal Arrow is a skillchain linker for jobs that need a Fusion option and don't rely on the ammo slot for meleeing. Basically, RDM.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-03-21 10:47:53  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think the most you can hope for with Empyreal Arrow is a skillchain linker for jobs that need a Fusion option and don't rely on the ammo slot for meleeing. Basically, RDM.

I lost my ***on RDM when i started playing with Exalted Bow, so obviously the good version of that scenario that involves +40 macc makes me even happier.

I can only see a WAR that wants to WS Mistral Axe from a distance getting much use out of the bow other than RDM. You don't feel like being stunned by wave 1 bosses and have to be healed, basically. Everyone else either has better options or not enough skill to make it worth talking about. BST could have used it with Mistral Axe, but SE clearly hates BST.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-21 12:16:18  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

GEO is definitely not overkill for Trueflight, however I do agree that you'll get more out of COR. +STP is such a unique buff given by Corsairs, and is our lifeblood. Outside of using an Empyrean weapon, the ratio of White DMG:Weaponskill is so skewed for RNGs that the ability to get to the next Weaponskill faster is really everything. The prior argument that "GEO can give you flurry", well, if you're building a pure support COR, it can go COR/RDM and give you flurry as well.

If I were in a party and deciding which to bring between GEO and COR to purely buff my RNG, I'd opt for the COR every day and twice on Firesday.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-21 12:19:03  
If you were in a party, and you had to chose between a cor or a geo, I would wonder what your party setup was lol.

Looks like one of the other rangers is getting the boot.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-21 13:03:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you were in a party, and you had to chose between a cor or a geo, I would wonder what your party setup was lol.

..key phrasing was "purely to buff my RNG". I agree that overall party mechanics almost always dictate a GEO every time.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-03-21 13:13:35  
Imati+1 might be a really nice weapon for a Decimation/Melee set.

STR/DEX+16 and the ability to use defense down bolts.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-21 13:19:01  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Now that I think about it, rng can just use holliday for str 15 stp +5 minimum. With augments it can get even higher str, stp or maybe even QA with dm.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-03-21 13:22:45  
Afania said: »

Now that I think about it, rng can just use holliday for str 15 stp +5 minimum. With augments it can get even higher str, stp or maybe even QA with dm.

I was thinking of this too. I wasn't sure if the "acid bolts" would be better in the long run. Depends on party setup I guess.

I did have a really nice Holliday with QA+2 but I tossed it once I finished my TP bonus gun. :(
By Afania 2019-03-21 13:38:15  

I was thinking of this too. I wasn't sure if the "acid bolts" would be better in the long run. Depends on party setup I guess.

I did have a really nice Holliday with QA+2 but I tossed it once I finished my TP bonus gun. :(

Acid bolt is only 12.5% according to wiki, and it doesnt stack.

In 6 man pt just make your mages do shell crusher. In 6+ man pt theres often war sam blu that can do def down.

Worst case just swap ranged slot for a few sec if you do need it, then swap back to holliday for higher dps.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-03-21 13:53:22  

Acid bolt is only 12.5% according to wiki, and it doesnt stack.

In 6 man pt just make your mages do shell crusher. In 6+ man pt theres often war sam blu that can do def down.

Worst case just swap ranged slot for a few sec if you do need it, then swap back to holliday for higher dps.

Abrasion Bolt = 20.5% Defense Down
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Abrasion_Bolt

So much better than acid bolts. I would of overlooked it if I didn't use an xbow build for job pointing. I went through so many delve bolts but the damage was nice. Really hit me with nostalgia when I rocked an othinius bow.

Defense down was working on almost everything too.

Not as good as Ageha or Angon with relic hands, but it can be reapplied just by shooting.
[+]
By kunami 2019-03-22 07:36:18  
Good morning fellow beret enthusiasts.

Node is updated with a Decimation set. I dropped the mid grade melee TP set since it was basically a duplicate of the high tier with NQ items. I plan to upgrade the main/sub checklist later today.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-03-22 07:59:53  
Would Nisroch be better for Gandiva AM3?
By Cronnus 2019-03-22 08:27:54  
Would Nisroch be better for Gandiva AM3?

Yes
By kunami 2019-03-22 09:20:59  
I put the Nisorch Jerkin in with a note that if you don't have it you can use the Mummu body.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-03-22 10:55:56  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

..key phrasing was "purely to buff my RNG". I agree that overall party mechanics almost always dictate a GEO every time.

I appreciate the specific input, it's definitely what I was asking for.
 Shiva.Samanosuke
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Samanosuke 2019-03-23 20:04:53  
I'll take GEO over any other buff for sure, malaise is just too good
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-03-25 09:56:29  
Anyone else think that maybe in the next update Bows will be a bit more competitive with marksmanship? That could be interesting
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 97 98 99