Welcome To Shiva!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Welcome to Shiva!
Welcome to Shiva!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-15 22:35:11  
Remember that walls are not built to keep foreigners out, but to keep citizens in.

make no mistake, assura is a prison, and no one wants to break into prison. They're here because there are no choices. If another server became viable...
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-02-15 23:21:21  
Asura.Smoky said: »
Everyone wants to come to us, build the damn wall.

Nah boy, I'm good.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-02-15 23:53:57  
I think it’s funny how people living in crowded cesspools always tell you how awesome it is there, telling their friends in said cesspool how terrible the outside world is.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-16 00:08:23  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
I think it’s funny how people living in crowded cesspools always tell you how awesome it is there, telling their friends in said cesspool how terrible the outside world is.

I think it's funny you think the same principle doesn't apply to a server like Shiva.

Shiva shout activity:

5 hours ago: JP shouts

People yelling at Malthar for making this thread.

Talk of bubble gum.

One hour ago: Same JP's shouting again.

The last 4 hours of shouts on Shiva show on FFXIAH, it's a wholly dead server. Sure, you'll counter by saying you're a friendly bunch and you'll take in newbies and help them and you'll feel great about it. Except those same people exist on Asura, in even higher abundance because Asura has abundance. So you're not special.
By Afania 2019-02-16 01:38:40  
Shout isnt an accurate way to see how active a server is, lol.

Last week we had 20+ pages wait ambu queue, its pretty much like Asura at this point. Even today we had like 13 page wait...

But NONE of the pt uses yell channel to recruit. In past 4 hr there are 1 ambu N shout in english, remaining are all JP. Even when we had 20+ pages wait yell channels were quiet.

Its more or less just a server culture thing. We are used to recruit without using yell channel ever. I dont use yell channel to recruit and none of the VD pt oragnizer that I know of use yell channel to recruit too.

Pt got formed often but people outside of connection circle will never know when will these pt go.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-16 02:04:56  
Afania said: »

Pt got formed often but people outside of connection circle will never know when will these pt go.

So you're saying newbies will have trouble getting help, eh?
By Afania 2019-02-16 02:15:21  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

If they know how to approach people and build connections, they will get help.

If they dont know how to do that, even on Asura they wont make progress very well....unless they pay for merc.

No server will ever spoon feed any random new player unless they put effort into it. Asura or not.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-16 02:31:50  

If they dont know how to do that, even on Asura they wont make progress very well....unless they pay for merc.

No server will ever spoon feed any random new player unless they put effort into it. Asura or not.

So nothing special about small servers vs Asura then, got it, thanks.
By Afania 2019-02-16 02:33:28  

So nothing special about small servers vs Asura then, got it, thanks.

I wouldnt say its "special", just different.
By aisukage 2019-02-16 04:33:56  
Whenever Shiva is mentioned Ladyofhonor always seems to be very passionate about releasing some built up frustration it seems.

I didn't know LoH very well but from what i heard no one seemed to like her or wanted to do anything with her because of her attitude and a lot of people were extremely happy when she left.

You know me, I don't exactly make friends easy. If I can do it, anyone can.

Says a lot of how asura is with that 1 line thanks. Also just constantly hearing of the trolls and congestion for ambu and overcrowded zones to the point you are all bitching at each other in forums. I remember seeing posts from other asurans even bitching about LoH a while back. Really doesn't sound like a pleasant server at all just from the way some of you act like children at times. I literally don't see any positives other than your cheaper market. it's not even that much cheaper. infact some items are actually more expensive at times (stack of alex average price 400k-420k on Shiva. comapared to asuras 550k-600k).

We have LS's on this server great for newer players and they will get the help needed if they ask for it. We have groups that get all the content this game has to offer done just fine and also willing to help others out with said content. Also usually some people on here will jump to Asura to buy stuff for people if needed. So generally we get the best of both without having to deal with any negatives that comes with being on Asura. Most importantly most this server gets along just fine which is a nice atmosphere to be around.

Like mentioned by Siv we have 1 guy who belongs on asura and i don't want to see 100x more of him thanks.

To each their own though. I personally am very happy with this server and don't want ***being brought here thanks.

edit: Also should explain why you don't see many shouts it's because it's usually done in discord or LS's more than anything. There are numerous discord servers for shiva where people ask to do stuff all the time. If a newer player were to shout and ask for help then they would get it.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-02-16 04:44:28  
Nothing cooler than having to farm everything to compensate an empty AH. Cool and good.
By aisukage 2019-02-16 04:50:56  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Nothing cooler than having to farm everything to compensate an empty AH. Cool and good.

It really isn't that often i go out and specifically farm anything i need that can be put on the AH. The AH isn't as bad as some of you seem to think. But if that's how you want to justify your server then by all means go ahead.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-02-16 04:57:06  
aisukage said: »

It really isn't that often i go out and specifically farm anything i need that can be put on the AH. The AH isn't as bad as some of you seem to think. But if that's how you want to justify your server then by all means go ahead.
I think that's exactly what you're doing here m8
By aisukage 2019-02-16 05:09:06  

Ok buddy i was just stating the fact since you're are under the wrong impression just because asura has the better market (which i admit it does) that every over market is empty.

Not true at all it is rare when i have to go out my way to farm or ask a crafter to make something i need that i could buy on the AH.

Also like i said in a previous post there are people constantly jumping to Asura buying stuff for others that we do need, so we don't need to deal with all the negatives that come with asura. Cause we get the best of asura without the ***of asura.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-02-16 05:35:22  
"Our AH is fine"

"there are people constantly jumping to Asura buying stuff"

A great economy. Sucking off Asura's teet.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-02-16 05:42:25  

I dunno, I seem to be doing pretty well for myself!
Minimal effort gogo!

True story though. A beads and a few zitah NMs killed for Anguta for a good year+ than a certain taru decided he was bored and pretty much soloed all of my first aeonic. Obviously got some outside help for the HELMs ins reisjemememamamamamama.

And no, he wasn't doing another aeonic. He has them all already.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-16 05:46:20  
Asura just happen to have more shields than the other servers (and everyone knows whys that).

At some point (not too long) all servers will have some stable shields and there will no point on moving to Asura. TBF some crafts are already cheaper in other server than Asura due inflation. Moving to Asura for anything other than craftable is silly.
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-02-16 06:01:30  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Remember that walls are not built to keep foreigners out, but to keep citizens in.

make no mistake, assura is a prison, and no one wants to break into prison. They're here because there are no choices. If another server became viable...

You're making it a prison in your own mind. Asura is great and everyone else is just jealous, obvious by the responses from the people on backwoods servers.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-16 07:45:54  
Whenever Shiva is mentioned Ladyofhonor always seems to be very passionate

Quote:
I didn't know LoH very well

Well this bit is painfully obvious. First page I was just making some light-hearted jokes, 2nd page I just made a rebuttal to someone elses post (someone I know and have played with)

Quote:
but from what i heard no one seemed to like her or wanted to do anything with her because of her attitude and a lot of people were extremely happy when she left.

Which says more about the sad state of Shiva than about me, if one person leaving is such an amazing thing for the server, that's one dead *** server. Know why I finally left Shiva? Reive bots and CP bots were taking over, I had an issue with an LS mate using one, but anytime I mentioned it as an issue I was told, 'Shhh, they're a BRD, we need them'. That's how desperate Shiva was to retain people. And then they'll all come here and make jokes about the Asura bots being an issue, lul.

Quote:
Really doesn't sound like a pleasant server at all just from the way some of you act like children at times.

And this is the main thing with the smaller servers, they like to act like this doesn't happen because everyone has their little "circle" where they act like children about the others instead of out of the open. The amount of trash talk I heard between all the little groups was absurd there. Asura is actually big enough you can't know every person unless you're really paying attention and remembering it all, but I heard plenty of people, many of whom post in this thread, trashing other people (and/or their respective LS's) trashing other people in this thread on Shiva. They just don't do it in the open. But the hate is still very real. ***, going to a real example, Arislan wrote an updated COR guide for this forum, right? Well, I had a legitimate difference of opinion and civilly brought it up, and he said, "I'm not making the change just because it's LoH", so when you say Asura acts like children just rofl. (Best part, I don't even remember interacting with Arislan, and my server hop was almost 4 years ago at this point, but he's still holding some grudge and I have no idea why)

Not to mention a lot of the hate for me is old as ***, like Phioness mentions Dynamis currency. We're talking 2004-2005 Dynamis currency. He's holding onto ***from a decade and a half ago. Talk about acting like a child. Or the hate is overstated, I was friends(Friends list official and everything!) with most of the Shiva people in this thread, I'm just messing with them.

Quote:
We have LS's on this server great for newer players and they will get the help needed if they ask for it. We have groups that get all the content this game has to offer done just fine and also willing to help others out with said content.

This happens CONSTANTLY on Asura. We even have MULTIPLE LS's dedicated to doing that. Clairxi's, Dan's, Nyarlko, Emmajean, etc. Most people in my LS seem to randomly pick up newbs and offer them assistance to catch them up to the game, too.

Quote:
Also usually some people on here will jump to Asura to buy stuff for people if needed. So generally we get the best of both without having to deal with any negatives that comes with being on Asura.

That's a pretty strong cope, and really doesn't speak well of the state of Shiva that you depend on someone spending $36 to double server hop to get things every so often.

Quote:
Most importantly most this server gets along just fine which is a nice atmosphere to be around.

As I said above, this isn't quite as true as you claim. And also likewise for Asura, that's massively overstated. Most of us actually do get along fine. I think there's only one person on FFXIAH from Asura that I legitimately don't like and have interacted with in-game, and you probably can't even guess who that is, though maybe you can because disliking this person is a pretty common thing.

Quote:
To each their own though. I personally am very happy with this server and don't want ***being brought here thanks.

Have you ever actually been on another server?

Quote:
edit: Also should explain why you don't see many shouts it's because it's usually done in discord or LS's more than anything. There are numerous discord servers for shiva where people ask to do stuff all the time. If a newer player were to shout and ask for help then they would get it.

Yep, Asura has the same. Endless numbers of them, of which I'm not a part of at all. But we also have yells, where people troll and have fun.
By aisukage 2019-02-16 08:13:13  
Go ahead tell me 1 solid good reason why it is a must to come to asura. Honestly now 1 solid reason.

There is nothing wrong with us obtaining items needed. Can't be lack of people cause there a multiple of groups here that usually fill up 18/18 for events like dyna and other groups that prefere going lowman. So there are plenty of people to do stuff with. most of which have completed all the content available. So not like people are stuck doing content lol

and also no the fact that i heard about you from people of Shiva doesn't mean anything about Shiva's state. I see people on Asura on these forums talk ***about you too. The fact you make such an impact on not just 1 but 2 servers including a much more populated server, just means how big of an *** you must be. But i don't really know you so i can't judge. Just going off of what others have said.

Bigger population does not = more fun/enjoyable. Not having to deal with congestion and huge lines that i see people from asura *** about most months is a huge plus for us. As long as their are enough people to do content with and enjoy the game with that's all you need as long as they are friendly and you enjoy playing with (which is whole point of playing a game is to enjoy yourself). Which i have to say Shiva is great for. I get along with pretty much everyone (even if it is only a couple hundred real players not counting mules or JP players) on this server so there is no issue being here at all.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-16 08:37:16  
Go ahead tell me 1 solid good reason why it is a must to come to asura. Honestly now 1 solid reason.

I didn't make a thread for people to come to Asura, that burden of proof is on Shiva in this thread. You're entirely welcome to not come to Asura. And if you have friends and are involved in content on your home server, you can stay just fine! The only reason I'd recommend Asura to someone is if they're freshly returned and can't get into a group on a small server. It's much easier to find random people for things on Asura.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with us obtaining items needed.

I know from watching Ejin's stream he has difficulty finding standard HQ items on the AH. He's been hunting a Moonlight ring for WEEKS and afaik hasn't yet found one. Granted he's on Ragnarok, but Asura has multiple up at all times.

Quote:
and also no the fact that i heard about you from people of Shiva doesn't mean anything about Shiva's state. I see people on Asura on these forums talk ***about you too. The fact you make such an impact on not just 1 but 2 servers including a much more populated server, just means how big of an *** you must be. But i don't really know you so i can't judge. Just going off of what others have said.

Bolded the biggest bit right there. People hate on me because it's the cool thing to do. I'm outspoken, and people that hate me all have some reason. Some hate me because I merc'd, simply because I did it, or because I did it while undercutting their prices. Some people hate me because they're bad and I called them on it. Some people hate me because I lead a LS that clears content and they're jealous. The fact that you hear things but don't know any specifics should clue you in on what the basis is for the hate, though. The main people that seem to REALLY hate me on Asura are people I haven't been in an LS with for about 3 years, and I was mostly a roll COR and Idris GEO for them, so it's funny I made such a lasting impression, lol.

Quote:
Bigger population does not = more fun/enjoyable. Not having to deal with congestion and huge lines that i see people from asura *** about most months is a huge plus for us. As long as their are enough people to do content with and enjoy the game with that's all you need as long as they are friendly and you enjoy playing with (which is whole point of playing a game is to enjoy yourself). Which i have to say Shiva is great for. I get along with pretty much everyone (even if it is only a couple hundred real players not counting mules or JP players) on this server so there is no issue being here at all.

Congestion is mostly overstated. Sure if you're trying to do Ambu the first few days during prime time, the wait sucks. But it's not hard to wait until off hours, or just do it once a week for the first week or two and catch up by the end of the month. Also not rare to have free lines anyway, I have 140k hallmarks across my three characters and about half of them were obtained with relatively no wait times to get in.

And I too get along with most people on Asura, despite all the trash talk that happens. My LS didn't break after wave 3 clears, because apparently these *** like me or something, when I know of quite a few LS's that did. Asura hasn't yet shout pug'd wave 3, but I think they have shout pug'd all other content in the game. Asura is vibrant and active, and it FEELS like an MMO. That comes with drawbacks, absolutely, but so does the whole "we have a small tight knit community where everyone is friends". So it's really all about flavor and preference.
By Afania 2019-02-16 08:58:12  
@LoH

I don't think this is a good place to bring up COR guide drama again lol.....just chill.

Afaik Arislan didn't change the guide is because he sincerely believe (at that time) the merit setup is best for new players, not because you are LoH. I can't speak for him but afaik if he really has an issue with you as a person, it's probably because of how you demand change in the guide and attitude associate with it, not because of some old Shiva endgame drama.

@People who mentioned economy
Economy isn't always on top hierarchy when it comes to picking servers. The goal isn't to rank a server like it's a competition, the goal is to pick where to play on.

@People who mentioned "Asura has good people too"
People has tendency to remember the bad experience and forget about the good experience. So it takes 1 troll/banter yell to ruin the playing experience completely. Some people doesn't care, I get it. But everyone is different.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-16 09:00:52  
***, going to a real example, Arislan wrote an updated COR guide for this forum, right? Well, I had a legitimate difference of opinion and civilly brought it up, and he said, "I'm not making the change just because it's LoH", so when you say Asura acts like children just rofl. (Best part, I don't even remember interacting with Arislan, and my server hop was almost 4 years ago at this point, but he's still holding some grudge and I have no idea why)

Huh?
By fonewear 2019-02-16 09:03:01  
This thread has more people in it than the entire population of Shiva.

I have a mule on Shiva it is probably the saddest server I play on. The only thing good about it is I know a few people that play there. Otherwise there would be no reason to be on a ghost town of a server.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-02-16 09:07:46  
I've done both Asura and ghost town server(Shiva etc)...and once you go to Asura it is hard to go back to a low populated server.

It sucks at first cause the yell drama and all the trolls but you get used to it. Very easy to find people to do content. Hell I've done basically everything I would want all with PUG and social LS. You really don't need a endgame linkshell on Asura.

Instead of bitching about how bad Asura is use one of your mules and experience it first hand.

Then make a mule on Shiva as if you were a new player.
By aisukage 2019-02-16 09:15:39  
fonewear said: »
I've done both Asura and ghost town server(Shiva etc)...and once you go to Asura it is hard to go back to a low populated server.

It sucks at first cause the yell drama and all the trolls but you get used to it. Very easy to find people to do content. Hell I've done basically everything I would want all with PUG and social LS. You really don't need a endgame linkshell on Asura.

funny and i know people that have mules on asura just to take advantage of your economy and says how ***it is there and would never move there. I have even known people from asura move away from asura saying the same thing. So it honestly goes both ways. The fact i see Asura people constantly complain about the state of asura though is where the whole thing throws me off everytime. It honestly can't be that good when your own people constantly *** about it every month.

Like i said to each their own. Everyone is different.
By fonewear 2019-02-16 09:19:53  
The only real problem I have is the huge population makes people lazy...turns people into mercs and selling low end content for high price. But mostly new players take advantage of this. Plus no one forces you to merc or buy from mercs. That is an entirely different topic. Mostly the mentality of Asura is what makes it bad. People wanting a REMA weapon to do Ambu stuff like that. They don't do normal gear/weapon progression. Then complain there is nothing to do in the game.

End rant.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-16 09:20:08  
@LoH

I don't think this is a good place to bring up COR guide drama again lol.....just chill.

Why does everyone assume I'm worked up, I just woke up and have a normal resting heart rate, I brought that up as an example as it was relevant to the topic at hand. I don't care about the COR guide, I've pretty much retired COR, we'll see if/when I decide to even buy Rostams and a +2 neck. Hell I even have a NIN neck r25 and don't have a COR su5 or neck, lul. Especially you Afania, who is just as guilty as me at making long rant-ish posts, does every long post you make mean you're getting all worked up? =P

Quote:
Afaik Arislan didn't change the guide is because he sincerely believe (at that time) the merit setup is best for new players, not because you are LoH. I can't speak for him but afaik if he really has an issue with you as a person, it's probably because of how you demand change in the guide and attitude associate with it, not because of some old Shiva endgame drama.

I can show a SS of the PM you sent me if needed, but you more directly stated he just didn't like me, lol.

Quote:
@People who mentioned economy
Economy isn't always on top hierarchy when it comes to picking servers. The goal isn't to rank a server like it's a competition, the goal is to pick where to play on.

@People who mentioned "Asura has good people too"
People has tendency to remember the bad experience and forget about the good experience. So it takes 1 troll/banter yell to ruin the playing experience completely. Some people doesn't care, I get it. But everyone is different.

A vibrant economy can absolutely be a major factor. Not for everyone, but it's a great boon to have access to all crafted items in the game.

And that good/bad player things goes both ways. I've had bad player experiences on Asura, and I've had bad player experiences on Shiva. As I said above, one of the final triggers for me finally leaving the server is someone was running a reive bot at all times, and I was told not to cause drama over it because they were needed. Now I'm at a point where bots are just an accepted aspect of the game, but back then I was quite against botting and Shiva people went "meh, whatever, we care more about you being quiet than someone exploiting in the game". If doing that is what gets ME called an ***, so be it, lol. But I do find it so humorous that people will then come and attack Asura for being full of bots and act like they're not issues on other servers when my personal experience is specifically based around that exact issue.

And in a way that's the major difference between Asura and the smaller servers. Asura is well aware of the BS that happens in this game in regards to third party programs. Asura doesn't try to hide it, and talks about it rather openly. Other servers still do the 75 era act of "Oh no we're totally the good guys here!" while everyone uses the tools (as the hacks into claimbots and in the days of old showed). I much prefer the trollfest that is Asura than the false sense of superiority on the smaller servers.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-16 09:23:25  
fonewear said: »
The only real problem I have is the huge population makes people lazy...turns people into mercs and selling low end content for high price. But mostly new players take advantage of this. Plus no one forces you to merc or buy from mercs. That is an entirely different topic. Mostly the mentality of Asura is what makes it bad. People wanting a REMA weapon to do Ambu stuff like that. They don't do normal gear/weapon progression. Then complain there is nothing to do in the game.

End rant.

I absolutely hate this aspect of Asura, it's probably my first second and third complaints about the server. Almost everything else is rather normal but the extent of mercing is beyond toxic levels. And some of the worst offenders in shouts (hi Azzriel) are why I get into things in yell half the time. When people try selling ***like Tutyr Sabots in yell, an item that has zero use in any real gearset, is when I usually can't just stay quiet about the mercs. And I made a LOT of money mercing personally, so it's not like I have an issue with mercing itself.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9