Ambuscade Volume 1 - December 2018

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
329 users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - December 2018
Ambuscade Volume 1 - December 2018
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-01-01 18:25:41
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-01 18:28:52  
It's a wasted slot when you could have two jobs that are doing "nothing" sub it and achieve the same effect.

"If" you can make use of hastega II then maybe. but that means you're already way behind on buffs as you're lacking brd and/or geo.

Crystal Blessing/Ifrit/Favor does nothing and avatar dps pacts are minuscule (in this scenario)
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-01-01 18:31:12
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-01-01 18:31:52
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-01-01 18:34:21
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 7527
By Afania 2019-01-01 18:41:11  
Jdove said: »
meh just take a smn why bother trying to replace it, then you wont have eerie eye

The context of this discussion is PUP DD setup though, so its 2 PUP with a smn or 3 PUP without smn.

So majority of buffs like haste2 are pretty pointless. The smn is on the mew duty so that limited their dps potential. But if mew duty is split between tank and cor, thats extra slot for 3rd DD.

Jdove said: »
oh soothing current shining ruby hastega 2 ice armor and eerie eye and dream shroud are all useful in this fight as well and smn isnt there for dmg in this fight

Only if these buffs yield greater result aka kill speed than adding a 3rd dps.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-01 18:45:14  
You don't have to mew with pup(s) mews only if pld/run is holding 3 or 4 adds

You got holder healer 1dps everything else is just speed enhancers.

You can go with almost absolutely anything in those 3 slots. But instead of eating one with a majority useless smn you can have 2 just sub it. Of the entire list of favors/wards only enfire enthunder and Garuda/Ifrit favor do anything.
Offline
Posts: 7527
By Afania 2019-01-01 18:47:19  
I was replying to aerix's VD strat, which doesnt hold adds, just do it the normal NIN way but replace NIN with PUPs so they never die to endeath.

I also assumed PUP would out DD a smn this month because ws cap at 99999 and PUP should ws faster than BPs, and smn has to mew too. Assuming pet ws hits cap that is.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-01 18:59:15  
In his very specific setup It would be more optimal to do the cor/smn pld/smn to take the 3rd pup. as smn does literally nothing except mew.

I just meant as a whole main SMN offers nothing really to any setup. Unless you need a haste source.... or your people with /smn are mildly incompetent... but going on a tangent. The worse your pld is geared the more beneficial main smn would be.
Offline
Posts: 7527
By Afania 2019-01-01 19:27:45  
Yeah, I normally use main smn to make coordination easier...But one can theory craft for something more optimized :>
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-01-01 23:24:59
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 7527
By Afania 2019-01-02 01:11:43  
perpetuation cost isnt an issue with ballad, bp1 cap at 45 sec so each /smn can mew every 22.5 sec. Bp- piece is obtainable on any job with dm. I actually have a couple on cor, lol.

But Yeah I agree, itll be very risky /smn in practice just because people will need to rotate mew and coordinate more. And one of them will need to tank and mew. So theory craft is theory craft,
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8611
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-02 12:11:14  
I'm done with Ambu this month but out of curiosity how were non-NIN DDs dealing with the dispel thing?

On NIN main I never had that issue but when I went on other DD with /NIN sub I was eventually getting vital buffs dispelled.
Having the SMN buff you with random ***like Fenrir etc helped delaying that curcial moment, but it was eventually coming.
It was annoying me so much that I kinda went back to NIN despite the lower DPS.
(Yes, I'm that OCD about buffs, don't judge me too bad ><)
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-02 12:20:32  
Even on nin it gets you sometimes. it's silly to constantly try to keep 5 shadows up. Just kinda have to deal with it. You can also stun it. plenty of DD jobs with stun moves and the macc to back it up.

Say what you lost, maybe you get it put back on.

unless it gets the cor rolls, then you're just screwed.
 Shiva.Arislan
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
Posts: 1036
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-02 12:33:33  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm done with Ambu this month but out of curiosity how were non-NIN DDs dealing with the dispel thing?

On NIN main I never had that issue but when I went on other DD with /NIN sub I was eventually getting vital buffs dispelled.
Having the SMN buff you with random ***like Fenrir etc helped delaying that curcial moment, but it was eventually coming.
It was annoying me so much that I kinda went back to NIN despite the lower DPS.
(Yes, I'm that OCD about buffs, don't judge me too bad ><)

You just bend over and take it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-02 12:34:58  
I just made this post in the monk Forum. That is the downfall of not being NIN. it's not too huge, but if you're OCD like me and don't like not swinging as fast cuz you lost a march or whatever, it can be annoying. It won't cause you to lose or anything, just an annoyance.
Offline
Posts: 7527
By Afania 2019-01-02 13:35:59  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm done with Ambu this month but out of curiosity how were non-NIN DDs dealing with the dispel thing?

On NIN main I never had that issue but when I went on other DD with /NIN sub I was eventually getting vital buffs dispelled.
Having the SMN buff you with random ***like Fenrir etc helped delaying that curcial moment, but it was eventually coming.
It was annoying me so much that I kinda went back to NIN despite the lower DPS.
(Yes, I'm that OCD about buffs, don't judge me too bad ><)

The only real "lose" would be march dispel. In that case brd can sing again, its not hard.

Losing cor rolls isnt that much dps lose because ws dmg is capped without it.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8611
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-02 14:47:16  
I was the ddBRD ;_;

Also when I was getting one of the 2 Madrigals dispelled, on BRD and most other dd jobs I played tbf, I was having issues keepin > 95% acc because of no rolls, no distract and no sushi 'cause I'm cheap.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3341
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-02 15:00:53  
Food is required! Killing faster as non-NIN is more important since less time spent in the battle which is less room for error. Being stunned with no shadows up isn't a big deal in this fight and buffers should reapply buffs immediately (as you unstun) if you lose them or they're trash. We usually only want WAR and DRK this month since NIN DD is crap compared to those jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8611
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-02 15:05:22  
NIN is pretty nice if they have a Kannagi actually, for this month's fight.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3341
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-02 15:21:00  
Ukon is better though, so dunno why you would bother with inviting Kannagi NIN. Maybe I'm missing something?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
Posts: 1626
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-02 15:21:12  
Asura.Sechs said: »
no sushi
Really I mean at least go buy some Crab Sushi from the moogle
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8611
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-02 15:26:55  
In addition to being cheap, I'm also terribly lazy!
Plus if I don't get my buffs dispelled acc wasn't an issue.
Hence I went back to NIN lmao
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8611
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-02 15:28:02  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Ukon is better though, so dunno why you would bother with inviting Kannagi NIN. Maybe I'm missing something?
More relaxing fights, more room for errors, less annoyance on buffers, more multiboxability?
Stuff like that, I guess.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
Posts: 1626
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-02 15:32:29  
Asura.Sechs said: »
In addition to being cheap, I'm also terribly lazy!
I'm help you out buddy. I sent you 8 stacks of crab sushi! Even if you're lazy at some point you'll have to check your dbox. :P
[+]
Offline
Posts: 7527
By Afania 2019-01-02 16:21:33  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Food is required! Killing faster as non-NIN is more important since less time spent in the battle which is less room for error. Being stunned with no shadows up isn't a big deal in this fight and buffers should reapply buffs immediately (as you unstun) if you lose them or they're trash. We usually only want WAR and DRK this month since NIN DD is crap compared to those jobs.

Yeah, 2h empyrean is beastly this month, lol. I have no doubt that empyrean nin would be the most optimal choice because of dmg and more shadows.

But vast majority of NIN that I've seen, do mediocre dps and die/got dispelled anyways. I don't know one single nin hardcore enough to do empyreans.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8611
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-02 16:33:51  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
In addition to being cheap, I'm also terribly lazy!
I'm help you out buddy. I sent you 8 stacks of crab sushi! Even if you're lazy at some point you'll have to check your dbox. :P
Awwww <3 <3 <3
Offline
Posts: 445
By mhomho 2019-01-02 18:54:31  
Afania said: »
I don't know one single nin hardcore enough to do empyreans.

*coughs*
JP's call me kasu~desu
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [708 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-10 10:34:38  
It's this one for 12/20
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
Posts: 571
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-12-10 10:44:26  
Afania said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Food is required! Killing faster as non-NIN is more important since less time spent in the battle which is less room for error. Being stunned with no shadows up isn't a big deal in this fight and buffers should reapply buffs immediately (as you unstun) if you lose them or they're trash. We usually only want WAR and DRK this month since NIN DD is crap compared to those jobs.

Yeah, 2h empyrean is beastly this month, lol. I have no doubt that empyrean nin would be the most optimal choice because of dmg and more shadows.

But vast majority of NIN that I've seen, do mediocre dps and die/got dispelled anyways. I don't know one single nin hardcore enough to do empyreans.


Not sure if something changed from last time but any DPS should be able to hit 99k WS this month. My BRD is hitting 99k Mordant Rime every time with just BRD buffs (no COR, no GEO, just honor/madrigal/minuetx2 and Dia3 from RDM). Pretty sure our NIN was hitting cap damage on every WS as well. Setup is NIN PLD RDM BRD...and 2 spots for uh. Stuff.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
Log in to post.