言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dynamis (D) Wave 3
Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
By Brynach 2018-07-09 14:31:07  
Last night, as we went through our Sandy run, we started attacking the fire fetter. It immediately popped a Disjoined EV ??? nm. When we killed the fetter, the Disjoined EV ??? died along with it. Does that nm pop serve any purpose, or is it a lot like Aurix?
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-09 14:32:32  
It's for building augment RP points on, and might drop stuff like Moldy weapons or medals.
By olson2189 2018-07-09 14:43:44  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
The real reward is getting points to upgrade/augment RMEA in September. I wouldn't be shocked if the RP system is something like 1 point per 1M damage done with the correct weapon type and you need 100 points to fully upgrade a weap.

With that said, I really really hope there's a bonus, like a point multiplier, for killing the boss to incentivize people to keep pushing their limits, esp when we have to use, in lots of cases, inferior weapons to get points.

Do we have strong reason to believe that the MB awards RP? The translation is very vague (just mentions "bosses"). I feel somewhat confident that the group bosses award RP - they have a ton of HP, can be killed by killing the circle if you're not interested in farming RP and are just doing a MB run, and serve no other purpose. I'm less confident in saying that the MB awards RP.
By Brynach 2018-07-09 14:45:24  
Asura.Geriond said: »
It's for building augment RP points on, and might drop stuff like Moldy weapons or medals.
This was our assumption, but we didn't want to just go with that w/o checking if there was any more to this. Thanks
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-09 14:51:46  
olson2189 said: »
Do we have strong reason to believe that the MB awards RP? The translation is very vague (just mentions "bosses"). I feel somewhat confident that the group bosses award RP - they have a ton of HP, can be killed by killing the circle if you're not interested in farming RP and are just doing a MB run, and serve no other purpose. I'm less confident in saying that the MB awards RP.

We don't know for sure, but it seems very logical a RP system based on doing damage would be tied to a mob whose core difficultly lies in having an absurd 20,000,000 HP and offers extremely depressing rewards for killing it outright.

But for now, until they release more info or show the points, I would just assume you get points on literally everything associated with wave3 when you do damage with the matching ultimate weapon type for the zone.
By Zerowone 2018-07-09 15:07:17  
olson2189 said: »

We don't know for sure, but it seems very logical a RP system based on doing damage would be tied to a mob with 20,000,000 HP.

But for now, until they release more info or show the points, I would just assume you get points on literally everything associated with wave3 when you do damage with the matching ultimate weapon type for the zone.

Concept seems nebulous when you consider support RMEA’s point accumulation. Can’t just be based off damage dealt.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-09 15:11:22  
Zerowone said: »
Concept seems nebulous when you consider how support RMEA’s accumulation. Can’t just be based off damage dealt.

This was answered on the last page:

Neither; you only get points if damage is done to the NMs with the correct weapon, but those points are given to the whole alliance, even people that don't have the right weapon equipped.

And we're basing it off this from the FP translation:

* Seems that RP is gained by dealing damage to specific Wave3 bosses depending on class. Example given: You see a boss holding what appears to be an Excalibur, you'd want to whack it with Relic weapons. Weapon class appropriate RP is gained for the whole group based on which of RMEA the target is holding, based on damage dealt to it.

They said they'd clear it up more this week with the official NA translation.
By Fendarin007 2018-07-09 15:26:53  
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
Fendarin007 said: »
We had a Apatite Crystal drop after mini nm vs a red eye, so some new matz do drop before wave 3

thanks for the info, could you elaborate?
was it from the statues or from the actual beastmen NM

Beastman nm not sure what jobs it was sorry
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-09 15:47:16  
Just got home from work
Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »
— Seems we only saw Odin once, at 37%

This is very interesting. Perhaps we can confirm that the number of times you see Odin is tied to # of fetters you leave up.

It seems you only saw it once in your 1st attempt also, so killing all fetters = only 1 Odin. Leaving all fetters up = back to back double Odin?

We killed 5 or 6 fetters and only saw 2 Odins by 30%.

Possibly, Would not be surprised if this turned out to be true. I am certain of one thing, killing all the fetters is sure to make him more manageable.

Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »
Bz's video is up & Lex is at work without computer access. He'll add anything I missed later, if needed.

To add to Xiu's post we kept up with Weapon Break, Armor Break, Infernal Scythe in the beginning, Full breaks if Afania and Wes were missing a bit. It's in the vid anyways. The strat can be improved upon etc for sure.

I wouldn't say that. It's a very simple and basic fight with really very little risk of deaths as long as you're prepared with RR/DT sets/shadows. We got it to 30% in 25minutes using only 4 DD with lots of room for optimization(and using only weapons that match zone type). I did 4M damage in 25 minutes on SAM/DRG; if you assume 3 other DDs can match that, that's 16 of the 20M needed to kill. Increase the time to 35-40 minutes and I'd say 4 top tier DDs can kill it fairly comfortably.

Though, I guess that means skipping fetters which might impact how the Boss reacts. Are the people that saw back to back Zantetsuken skipping lots of fetters?

Completely agree with Eijin's assessment, this can be killed with less than 18, I think 12 can do it. Perhaps the advantage of a full group is dealing with the all the fetters more feasibly. If in the 12man the CORs and BRDS can do dmg to it, it should definitely go down.

He hits hard as *** though, think i got dropped in my full pdt hybrid. (mighty strike? idr...) Very fun fight!
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-09 15:52:40  
Concept seems nebulous when you consider how support RMEA’s accumulation. Can’t just be based off damage dealt.

Neither; you only get points if damage is done to the NMs with the correct weapon, but those points are given to the whole alliance, even people that don't have the right weapon equipped.

* Seems that RP is gained by dealing damage to specific Wave3 bosses depending on class. Example given: You see a boss holding what appears to be an Excalibur, you'd want to whack it with Relic weapons. Weapon class appropriate RP is gained for the whole group based on which of RMEA the target is holding, based on damage dealt to it.

I believe this was also stated to be a tentative component of the design. I hope it's not the case, seems very annoying.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-09 16:12:37  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
very annoying.

Sums up Dynamis nicely
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-07-09 16:30:03  

The whole alliance gets points? That’s great. Is Ergon classified as Mythic?
By hobo 2018-07-09 16:58:32  
BG puts them with mythics but they are probably not classified as such in game as such seeing how they have nothing related to Aht Urhgan.
By Afania 2018-07-09 17:04:23  
At this point, I can comfortably say you need an alliance to tackle the mega boss with the goal of killing it. Anything short of that will time out.

I wouldn't say that. It's a very simple and basic fight with really very little risk of deaths as long as you're prepared with RR/DT sets/shadows. We got it to 30% in 25minutes using only 4 DD with lots of room for optimization(and using only weapons that match zone type). I did 4M damage in 25 minutes on SAM/DRG; if you assume 3 other DDs can match that, that's 16 of the 20M needed to kill. Increase the time to 35-40 minutes and I'd say 4 top tier DDs can kill it fairly comfortably.

Though, I guess that means skipping fetters which might impact how the Boss reacts. Are the people that saw back to back Zantetsuken skipping lots of fetters?

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Completely agree with Eijin's assessment, this can be killed with less than 18, I think 12 can do it. Perhaps the advantage of a full group is dealing with the all the fetters more feasibly. If in the 12man the CORs and BRDS can do dmg to it, it should definitely go down.

For mid to low sized ls attempting wave 3 boss clears but lacking the manpower, could consider fill up the tank pt with frailty geo and cor mules or PUG cor, then spam wc to reset bloster for frailty for higher alliance output. It seems that as soon as bolster wore pdif dropped, to the point that drk ws avg much higher than run and cor in the end.

At 12 min mark(before semi wipe occured)2h had over 2.2m dmg and cor had 1.8m. So 4m in 25 min should be doable if no wipe occured and bolster frailty being keep on as long as possible.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 17:16:08  
Would be a huge slap in the face if the points don't count until september. I can see the mass rage quitting now...
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-07-09 17:16:56  
hobo said: »
BG puts them with mythics but they are probably not classified as such in game as such seeing how they have nothing related to Aht Urhgan.
"Ergon Weapons are mythic-equivalent weapons for geomancers and rune fencers, and can be obtained by completing a special quest."
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-09 17:17:52  
Oh one thing i forgot to mention, that semi wipe... Dimi was in full DT gear, and his phalanx augments are ridiculous. Beware Mighty Strikes, it hurts. Idris Wilt/Barrier up, and i got chucked in my Bravura 50% Hybrid. Pretty sure everyone was cycling in DT when that ***was going down.
By olson2189 2018-07-09 17:23:44  
Accuracy requirements can be high for DPS and mages (depends on the mob's job), around 1700 was needed to hit everything comfortably, mages struggled in general with magic accuracy.

1700 even with idris torpor up? Wondering how I can possibly hit that number. Maybe it's time to dust the Rag off...
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-09 20:48:10  
1725 counting torpor is fine iirc.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-09 22:17:17  
1725 counting torpor is fine iirc.

Yeah 1700 just overall, from gear and buffs combined. Of course, this applies more to specific evasive jobs and higher level mobs.

The fodder isn't much harder to hit than wave 2 NMs.

Good to hear people saying its possible to do with less than 18!
Sounds like a pain in the butt :<

inc battle BRD
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-09 22:46:41  
Yeah 1700 just overall, from gear and buffs combined. Of course, this applies more to specific evasive jobs and higher level mobs.

Yup, I think the galka is a bit less. (assuming the fetters are killed and maybe one affects his evasion? Might just have lower evasion period though) JP Bloggers reported 1550 acc needed to cap but unsure whether torpor was taken into account. Regardless, he seems less evasive than the Volte Mobs.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-09 22:56:52  
Don't forget Geomancy is nerfed by -75% on NMs in Divergence. Not sure if it was tested to also be true on Wave3, but I can't see why it wouldn't be the same as other waves.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-10 06:33:03  

Yup, I think the galka is a bit less. (assuming the fetters are killed and maybe one affects his evasion? Might just have lower evasion period though) JP Bloggers reported 1550 acc needed to cap but unsure whether torpor was taken into account. Regardless, he seems less evasive than the Volte Mobs.

I think that 1700 estimate is for the overall wave, including the mobs that are going to have higher evasion due to job traits (like THFs.)
 Phoenix.Baelwulf
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelwulf
By Phoenix.Baelwulf 2018-07-10 08:25:14  
Don't forget Geomancy is nerfed by -75% on NMs in Divergence. Not sure if it was tested to also be true on Wave3, but I can't see why it wouldn't be the same as other waves.

Can you point me towards a source on that? Not doubting you just the first I've heard.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-10 08:50:32  
Phoenix.Baelwulf said: »

Can you point me towards a source on that? Not doubting you just the first I've heard.
It's back in the original dyna-d sandy topic, IIRC.

Regardless, it's easy to tell that there is a huge nerf for yourself (even if the exact value is harder to figure out); doing a normal Idris Frailty would normally more than double your damage/cap your attack (assuming Dia II is up), but it doesn't nearly do that much on Dynamis NMs, and Bolster Idris Wilt doesn't floor their attack, either.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-10 09:16:00  

It magically showed up on the Wiki without a reference. It was probably something someone noticed and posted on a random thread in BG Forums on page 480.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-10 09:46:15  
Asura.Saevel said: »

It magically showed up on the Wiki without a reference. It was probably something someone noticed and posted on a random thread in BG Forums on page 480.

There was at least one JP source for that info.. Don't remember if it was main JPwiki or the mob database one.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-10 10:13:59  
Nyarlko said: »

There was at least one JP source for that info.. Don't remember if it was main JPwiki or the mob database one.

And become something is in Japanese we should immediately accept it as gospel without reference... right.

The page doesn't list any references and I had to dig through the history to find when it was changed. That change didn't have a comment specifying where it came from. If I wanted I could edit the page to say that Santa Clause appears if you kill the MB while having a naked Mitra doing /dance emotes, so something just showing up isn't sufficient by itself.

Now I don't doubt it's true since we've observed behavior that supports GEO bubbles being diminished in value, but whenever something like that is added the reference must also be added. Otherwise it becomes another "Charisma makes Provoke stronger".
By Nyarlko 2018-07-10 10:32:49  
Nyarlko said: »

And become something is in Japanese we should immediately accept it as gospel without reference... right.

The page doesn't list any references and I had to dig through the history to find when it was changed. That change didn't have a comment specifying where it came from. If I wanted I could edit the page to say that Santa Clause appears if you kill the MB while having a naked Mitra doing /dance emotes, so something just showing up isn't sufficient by itself.

Now I don't doubt it's true since we've observed behavior that supports GEO bubbles being diminished in value, but whenever something like that is added the reference must also be added. Otherwise it becomes another "Charisma makes Provoke stronger".

I've got a feeling that it was added based on info from the mob database and not JPwiki, since I remember talking about that particular issue >_>;;

JPwiki and Mob resistance database are the sites that I'm talking about. It might be a bit tricky to link directly to any individual entry for referencing due to the database site's layout.

EDIT: Annnd nevermind. <_< Just took a look at the Wave2 bosses, and none of them have that noted. So, either from a different source, or the info was there previously, but has been removed from the database site.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-07-10 15:39:40  
Their resistance to geomancy is specified in atwiki (風 - 75%). Original source: http://noranekofantasy.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-461.html
It's the same person who found the geomancy nerf in MTs and certain Ambuscade battles. Too bad he recently quit, his blog was one the most valuable source of informations.

Frailty nerf isn't the only reason why it's hard to cap damage on bosses/NMs though. The level correction system is present in Dynamis Divergence and because of that it's impossible to cap PDIF with just defense down debuffs. You can have nerfed Bolster Frailty/Dia IV/Lv 10 Box Step/Break WS your dmg will still be average/poor if you don't stack an astronomical amount of atk. This is the number one reason why SMN doesn't work as DD there, all it can get is Beast Roll while melees still struggle to cap with Minuets/Chaos/Fury.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14