users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dynamis (D) Wave 3
Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Genoside
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-09-27 15:57:56  
I heard if you use a Phoenix down it will Instant KO the boss. So far it has not been effective.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-27 17:42:07  
In old FFs, Phoenix Downs were generally 100% kill rate unless that particular game gave their boss undeads the immune flag.

Regardless, there aren't any undead in Dynamis, so it wouldn't work even if that type of thing was in FFXI.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-27 19:15:16  
I've fought that boss a half dozen times, and never had Phoenix Down miss, nor on the undead boss when you have Edea with you.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-09-27 22:24:52  
i can confirm that you can miss the ff8 fake president boss on the train with phoenix down
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2018-09-28 09:44:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
So what is the decided upon "best" strategy for dyna-d wave 3 mega boss?

If you're lagging behind on time, sac pulling 1 or 2 circles can make or break your run. Last night in jeuno had to sac twice and was able to kill boss with a couple of minutes left.
 Sylph.Gobbo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-09-28 11:53:06  
Asura.Toralin said: »
ive done both and i feel like mage setup SCH + COR extending the SC is just as fast as DD strat.

I feel like clearing wave3 fetters the DD strat is faster. But lets be honest it all depends how well your bards keep up the needed buffs, how quick the GEO's get their bubbles up. There are so many variables. If the Geo running Torpor has his head up his *** your screwed on a DD setup. Same goes for the guy running Malaise on a SC+MB setup.

Mage setup is by far the safest strat in my opinion. However that second statement, I feel that's more of a leadership issue. If your GEOs are having problems keeping the right bubbles up then you need to talk to them or throw them on a less important job. Our leader is constantly talking and coordinating and myself and a couple others are right there with him to help him remember what needs to be done like if he forgets a circle or a job specific assault like Unbridled Wisdom cleaving a massive pull.
By Afania 2018-09-28 14:02:49  
Sylph.Gobbo said: »
If your GEOs are having problems keeping the right bubbles up then you need to talk to them or throw them on a less important job.

There are no less important job than geo in an alliance :) if someone can't do it right on geo, that person on any other job will *** up the run more.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-01 02:03:12  
This probably doesn't concern people who are NOT on Asura, but have you noticed insane delays within Dynamis Divergence as of Late?
I'm talking about > 5 second delay between selecting actions and seeing those actions execute on screen (sometimes you don't even see the animation).

I'm also talking about an unusually high amount of lost chat packets, that do not allow you to see if your actions really got executed or not, making overall the game very tedious and frustrating.

We've always had some lag, especially spikes, in Divergence since Day1, but the situation has never been this bad, as it's been on our last 3 runs.

Noticed yesterday that as soon as we were the only alliance in the zone, things got much better (but there still was a higher than usual delay).
I don't recall the situation being this bad 1-2 months ago, or am I the only one noticing this? Is it just my bias?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-01 02:10:43  
The lag has been horrible, yeah. Makes reacting to spikes moves super fun times.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-01 02:22:21  
Makes BRD swapping before the cooldowns are over pretty impossible as well.

So Lag has been worse for you on the last month-ish as well?
Because as I was saying above Lag for us has been UNBEARABLE when people other than us where in the zone, but it seems to me it's been worse in general, compared to >1 month ago, even when nobody else but us in zone.

I wonder if this means SE is doing something, like some logger/whatever else running on the Divergence Instancing system VM?

I dunno, I've been seeing so many people speedhacking/poshacking in the light of days like they couldn't care less. In the past when this started to happen it was when SE started to ban people again.
I wonder if this (additional logging/checking instrument running, slowing down the servers) could be the cause of the slowdowns.
By Staleyx 2018-10-01 02:36:27  
Quote:
The lag has been horrible, yeah. Makes reacting to spikes moves super fun times.

Had the same problem. Checking to make sure everything was working and it was. Just lag screwing it up.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-01 02:51:06  
Yeah but while clearly Divergence zones have always seen some lag and I'm not denying that, it's never been, for us, as bas as it's been on the last 3+ runs.
It wasn't like this 1+ months ago.

And yes I'm aware part of this depends on multiple groups activating Divergence Instances.
But I'm saying it is worse than it used to be EVEN when it's just us in the zone.

So... if it's not us being biased, it's gotta mean there's something going on creating additional stress on SE's servers (divergence ones specifically maybe?)
The question is what, and why?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-10-01 06:23:38  
Been the same here. Lag has been horrific of late and seems to be getting worse, our last run on Saturday was a nightmare. Its genuinely unpleasant to play under those conditions for the best part of 2hrs.
By benitez 2018-10-01 09:35:45  
Any special strats for the various Volte bosses around the fetters? The Volte "Job" mobs are straight forward, but the kill time on the Volte unique name mobs - Sailor, Cleaver, what have you is wildly different. We did the Volte Controller and it took forever - rdm did stymie silence and it wore off in 2 seconds - was a monster spamming blu spells and CDC.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-01 09:49:53  
The lag is horrible on Leviathan too, even when no other groups are in any dyna-d areas. Suspect instances are not shared cross server, but they've always had issues with packets not being properly sent in the delve type instances.

Perhaps it's just the amount of mob/player actions in dynamis as compared to most other events(there are very few 18 man things any more). Keep in mind every action done by every player or mob has to be sent to every other player in range.

3 melee doing 45 actions/min + 3 mages doing 10 actions/min = roughly 990 actions/minute being sent out for a 6 man group

6 melee doing 45 actions/min + 12 mages doing 10 actions/min = 7020 actions/minute being sent out for an 18 man group

and this is before even adding the monster actions. While a properly coded/maintained server should have no problem dealing with this amount of information in a prompt manner, whatever issue they have is likely to be compounded by the larger groups everyone uses for wave3.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-01 12:10:06  
I think it's good that it didn't, it got more people interested in group content and forming groups again. It is, after all, a MMO.

They just should have gotten their server issues straightened out first, since it's severely hampering the gameplay.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-01 12:17:15  
I do wish there was an in-game feature which allowed you to actively filter out alliance members and every monster's model (outside of the ones claimed by your group), and only show their names, unless you specifically targeted them.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-01 12:48:10  
DirectX said: »
Dyna-D really should have been designed to scale with people.

No event should scale with more people.

People aren't equal.. Saying adding 1 blm is the same as adding 1 war couldn't be more inaccurate. it's a stupid idea and they shouldn't have it at all.

(unless drops also scale up considerably)

Scaling only punishes, it does not reward.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-10-01 14:15:53  
There's def a lot of Whitegate type lag when you have a massive pull or in places like Palace entrance in Jeuno where everything just freezes, but outside of that I don't ever lag where everything just stops or slows down.

I think some/most people might have their settings too high for their hardware where it only becomes a factor when you're in a crowded event with 18 others firing off abilities and WS. If you feel you're lagging during combat, make sure to check your CPU/GPU usage and see if you're near/at 100%, if you are, you'll need to turn effects and possibly other stuff off.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-01 15:36:38  
DirectX said: »
Dyna-D really should have been designed to scale with people.

But then you'd never get a clear.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-01 16:03:01  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
There's def a lot of Whitegate type lag when you have a massive pull or in places like Palace entrance in Jeuno where everything just freezes, but outside of that I don't ever lag where everything just stops or slows down.

I think some/most people might have their settings too high for their hardware where it only becomes a factor when you're in a crowded event with 18 others firing off abilities and WS. If you feel you're lagging during combat, make sure to check your CPU/GPU usage and see if you're near/at 100%, if you are, you'll need to turn effects and possibly other stuff off.

Stutter/framerate drop is not the same as lag. My hardware can run 18 characters + overwatch on most content, I am definitely not having framerate drop/stutter in dynamis with ~8.

My experience in dynamis has included many actions taking as long as 3-5 seconds to display after the outgoing packet has been sent.

There is also the old delve packet issue, where many spells don't receive their 'spell complete' packet, resulting in client not setting the recast and you having to guess when your recast is up. Dying to TP moves that never showed onscreen. Players showing as 40' from where they actually are. These aren't hardware issues, it's a problem with the way the server is handling the instances' network traffic.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-10-01 16:13:52  
I've also noticed congestion issues if you are multiboxing and/or have a bad connection in some areas. The game can be completely unplayable at times.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-01 16:24:45  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

In case of the stuff I'm talking about for me and my LS it has nothing to do with technical slowdowns. It's a connection latency issue.
It's pretty noticeable (up to 8+ seconds) and it makes a jump up whenever someone else enters the same zone, and vice-versa of course.

Even with just ourselves though it seems like there's on average a much higher lag than I used to experience over 1 month ago :(

P.S.
In Jeuno close to the fountain down below there can be pretty noticeable slowdown issues and the amount of characters displayed on screen can be reduced, sometimes unabling you to interact with other alliance members. That has nothing to do, afaik, with latency issues. Looks more like a 3D engine issue of sorts.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2018-10-01 16:29:32  
They just added a system that tracks every point of damage dealt for their augmenting system. That's a whole lot of processing overhead they just added to those zones.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-01 16:36:40  
Cerberus.Hokuten said: »
They just added a system that tracks every point of damage dealt for their augmenting system. That's a whole lot of processing overhead they just added to those zones.
The system was active at launch of wave3, but it also only tracks damage on boss. It is almost certainly not a significant amount of extra processing.

These issues have been around since delve, they are just restricted to instanced areas and large groups.. so there's been a lapse in content where they are noticed.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-01 16:55:05  
Yeah but I'm talking about the situation getting noticeably worse compared to 1+ months ago, was looking at a possible cause for that.

Altough what Hokuten said doesn't sound right because:
1) doesn't seem to me like an extremely taxing thing for a server (but I might be wrong!)
2) the system was hidden but already in place even before the september patch (in theory at least?)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14