First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-06 13:47:01  
Afania said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
Did Wave3 jueno, was able to close darkness with leaden upwards of 30-40k leaden 30-40k darkness. Seemed to take that damage when the mobs were doing WS maybe? other wise was doing 3-4k WS + 3-4k darkness.

Im guessing its resist. These mobs level is very high if you need 1700 melee acc to hit, thats T4 level of acc requirement. So you probably need equal amount of macc to land leaden.

Since geo nerf it has been very hard to buff macc for T4 content. Fat chance is that unless you have idris doing both macc bubbles, frazzle3, warlocks roll and macc food you may not reach that level anymore.

The 30k ones are unresisted leaden, the 3k one are resisted is how I see it.

We were cycling languor/malaise on/off and it didnt seem to make a difference. I tend to think it was somethign triggering the weakness on the mob(not resist). People in my group were saying while it was WSing dmg would go up. Like other behavior when a mob does a TP move etc. We tried the fire mobs but when the tank got charmed we got our *** handed to us and then went on to the lightning mobs. We had 5 humans playing 12 chars.
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-07-06 15:39:11  
I had issues with Macc on BLM on the Volte "Job Synonym" leader types. I'll get the Macc value when I get home to help contribute more.
By Afania 2018-07-06 16:42:00  
Afania said: »
Did Wave3 jueno, was able to close darkness with leaden upwards of 30-40k leaden 30-40k darkness. Seemed to take that damage when the mobs were doing WS maybe? other wise was doing 3-4k WS + 3-4k darkness.

Im guessing its resist. These mobs level is very high if you need 1700 melee acc to hit, thats T4 level of acc requirement. So you probably need equal amount of macc to land leaden.

Since geo nerf it has been very hard to buff macc for T4 content. Fat chance is that unless you have idris doing both macc bubbles, frazzle3, warlocks roll and macc food you may not reach that level anymore.

The 30k ones are unresisted leaden, the 3k one are resisted is how I see it.

We were cycling languor/malaise on/off and it didnt seem to make a difference. I tend to think it was somethign triggering the weakness on the mob(not resist). People in my group were saying while it was WSing dmg would go up. Like other behavior when a mob does a TP move etc. We tried the fire mobs but when the tank got charmed we got our *** handed to us and then went on to the lightning mobs. We had 5 humans playing 12 chars.

If its not resist but a mechanic, then we should see 2k ws most of the time then random 20k during tp move even for physical ws.

But that wasnt the case yesterday. Majority of my savage blade was close to 20k and a couple of them went above 27k, usually happens when I cycle chaos roll in on circles. A few of them went below 10k but its usually because chaos roll wasnt used and we were fighting pld kind of mob.

Basically, I didn't notice relationship between mob damage taken and their tp move. Whenever dmg drop, it usually happens because my pdif was low.

As far as languor goes, just Indi languor isnt enough for T4 level content, it wouldnt Make a noticeable difference if all it does is to decrease resist rate slightly.

We had madrigalx2 from top brd, precision, sushi, hunters roll AND max acc swap in gears to be able to land physical hits reliably on wave 3 mobs. In other words, their stats are very, very high. you are basically fighting woc kirin level of mobs there. so translate that stat to magic, you would need same amout of macc to match such stat.

If someone can test leaden dmg with all of the following buffs:
Bloster idris focus and languor
Stewpot
Warlocks roll
Sabo frazzle III

And its still 3k, then its possible that its a mechanic. Otherwise with just indi languor isnt enough IMO.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-07-06 17:02:00  
Did our first run of wave 3 in Bastok last night. Looks like in each group of four fomors, there's a leader that has a Dynamis Divergence type weapon equipped. We fought the DRG leader which had a polearm that looked nothing like the new polearm in the update notes, so possibly the DRG's polearm is the final form of the polearm just released. So maybe the new dyna weapons are getting a final form in addition to the augment system in September.

We ended up killing one of the circles and didn't spend any time fighting the galka. Is it possible that the galka is made to just deal damage to for earning RP without any significant drops? And then you can simply target the elemental circles for which damage types you want to unlock so that you can have a higher dps when targeting the galka?

I hope SE clarifies this whole RP system that's already in place, otherwise time might be better spent just killing the fomors for old ids instead of fighting the circles/wave 3 boss
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-06 17:33:18  
That was a staff in the update notes, not a polearm.
 Valefor.Heabea
サーバ: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2018-07-06 17:46:28  
Sammeh said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
This was the Jeuno Mithra.

Seems to spawn 4 jobs at every 20% (to summon one of every job in it's 100%?)

Got Shin Zantetsuken'd at 75% and that was the end for us. Pretty low evasion and magic evasion. Started with dread spikes.

Was too late to do this on youtube last night; from a Bard perspective. Sorry I didn't have audio being recorded.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Please give me that add on that has all your gear displayed like that. I need that in my life, OCD demands it....
By Foxfire 2018-07-06 17:52:04  
It's called Equipviewer. a cursory google will point you in the right direction.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-06 18:43:35  
Thank you to everyone for their contributions to this thread!

For anyone joining us on page 3:

Please only make posts with facts or specific experiences with Wave 3 to avoid clutter, if you want to discuss/theorycraft just bring it to PM or make a separate thread, thank you!

Main post will be edited soon.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-07 10:03:42  
We did Bastok Wave 3 last night, damage was a bit lower then what you had in your video, but the only other noticeable difference was that he summoned Odin at 80%, which did 2 back to back TP moves. The first did Shin Zantetsuke wiped off all RR of people in range and doing ~1000 damage like in Black and White master trial, the second TP move from Odin was plain Zantetsuke and just K.O. everyone up to 25' range. Quite nasty.

Ridiculous amounts of HP, but if you were to specifically go blitz to wave 3 and kill only 3 fetters needed for the WS damage type (light elements), you might be able to have 50 or so mins left to eventually whittle it down bar any other crazy mechanics.

We had pup tank the Galka and fetter "minibosses", still needed to occasionally use dawns on the Galka.
By hobo 2018-07-07 10:38:48  
Valefor.Heabea said: »

Please give me that add on that has all your gear displayed like that. I need that in my life, OCD demands it....

Equipviewer from ProjectTako
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-07 13:29:11  
We're gonna try again tomorrow (galka) I came up with a slightly different plan and hopefully a few more of our top DDs can make it this time! will post results! Judging from what
http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/ have said, it's still ubeaten, and he gets ridiculously strong at low HPs.

I'm under the impression that for it to be killable, a majority of the circles need to be defeated, we're gonna try killing all of them again, and hopefully push our ally dps higher on the actual boss.

Took us about 23 mins to do about 16 mil in DMG before we timed out <.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-07-07 14:49:51  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
We're gonna try again tomorrow (galka) I came up with a slightly different plan and hopefully a few more of our top DDs can make it this time! will post results! Judging from what
http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/ have said, it's still ubeaten, and he gets ridiculously strong at low HPs.

I'm under the impression that for it to be killable, a majority of the circles need to be defeated, we're gonna try killing all of them again, and hopefully push our ally dps higher on the actual boss.

Took us about 23 mins to do about 16 mil in DMG before we timed out <.>

What % was it at when that came about?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-07 16:05:53  
40%, but it got healed for 20% by a wildcard at some point >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 00:00:25  
Caerda said: »
Might have to pull the whm and cor mob out of range of its 1hr to kill so you don't heal it up 20%?

WHM Benediction didn't seem to matter much, it only healed it for 99k surprisingly. That's like 2-3 WS so i mean, in the grand scheme of 20mil~HP not a big deal...that wildcard was surprising though <.>

But yeah, we're letting one of the dds grab the cor, and kill it somewhere else tomorrow...err later today

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Fendarin007 2018-07-08 07:07:33  
We had a Apatite Crystal drop after mini nm vs a red eye, so some new matz do drop before wave 3
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-07-08 07:13:45  
Since you can trade medals for the new mats, the moldy neck pieces should drop from wave 1, crystals from wave 2, and moldy weapons from wave 3.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 09:48:28  
DirectX said: »
So it will need a full 18 people to do the tier 3 bosses or 12?

Wave3 Bosses seem to favor a full 18, but I think once the community figures them out, they should be doable with less.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-08 10:52:40  
Fendarin007 said: »
We had a Apatite Crystal drop after mini nm vs a red eye, so some new matz do drop before wave 3

thanks for the info, could you elaborate?
was it from the statues or from the actual beastmen NM
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-08 10:56:41  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Caerda said: »
Might have to pull the whm and cor mob out of range of its 1hr to kill so you don't heal it up 20%?

WHM Benediction didn't seem to matter much, it only healed it for 99k surprisingly. That's like 2-3 WS so i mean, in the grand scheme of 20mil~HP not a big deal...that wildcard was surprising though <.>

But yeah, we're letting one of the dds grab the cor, and kill it somewhere else tomorrow...err later today
Were you looking at the boss's hp when it did Benediction, or just the log? Bene has a display cap of 99999, but it still heals far more than that when a mob with a lot of hp uses it.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-08 14:35:12  
Did another run of Jeuno today.

Wave 2 boss dropped goblin offering.

Observed with the elemental circles, they take reduced damage unless you're triggering the AoEs.
In this case, fade + triggering the AoE is the ticket to taking them down quickly.

Apart from this, can confirm that mobs with job name synonym are very buff compared to the normal job name mobs.

At this point, I can comfortably say you need an alliance to tackle the mega boss with the goal of killing it. Anything short of that will time out.
By Foxfire 2018-07-08 15:12:30  
synonym names also have the new weapons, so you'll know

also; @whoever has all 4 megabosses killed, can you confirm if you can purchase offerings from aurix, and from which menu? thx

edit:
screenshot confirmation would be cool, too
 Sylph.Takutu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Tickooo
By Sylph.Takutu 2018-07-08 15:33:49  
Foxfire said: »

also; @whoever has all 4 megabosses killed, can you confirm if you can purchase offerings from aurix, and from which menu? thx

edit:

I have cleared the wave two boss in all four zones and do not have the option to buy offerings with medals. I have made a list of everything and put a number of screenshots into an imgur album.

List:

Screenshots (they didn't get uploaded in correct order but too lazy to rearrange):
https://imgur.com/a/H4qVLj4
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-08 15:57:46  
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
Did another run of Jeuno today.

Wave 2 boss dropped goblin offering.

Observed with the elemental circles, they take reduced damage unless you're triggering the AoEs.
In this case, fade + triggering the AoE is the ticket to taking them down quickly.

Apart from this, can confirm that mobs with job name synonym are very buff compared to the normal job name mobs.

At this point, I can comfortably say you need an alliance to tackle the mega boss with the goal of killing it. Anything short of that will time out.

So your saying fire elemental even if you use a fusion based ws and it triggers the AOE's it weakens those mobs for kill speed?
By Foxfire 2018-07-08 16:04:51  
Sylph.Takutu said: »

edit:

I have cleared the wave two boss in all four zones and do not have the option to buy offerings with medals. I have made a list of everything and put a number of screenshots into an imgur album.

List:

Screenshots (they didn't get uploaded in correct order but too lazy to rearrange):
You're missing the jeuno list there, and
did you check the "all zones" section, as well?
 Sylph.Takutu
By Sylph.Takutu 2018-07-08 16:10:06  

edit:

List:

All zones just has Torsoshards/Voidtorsos.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-08 16:14:35  
Yes, although I'm unclear on the conditions for making it AoE.

It seems as though if its magic or elemental WS strong or weak to the element, it will AoE a huge radius.

For example, fighting Thunder Circle, we used Leaden and Rudra's for a while (darkness aligned), and we observed damage was low but it wasn't using AoE. Dia II also did not proc it. I believe it was either enstone from rune fencer or a literal cast of stone that made it proc.
 Sylph.Takutu
By Sylph.Takutu 2018-07-08 16:36:25  

edit:

List:

Updated the original post and album to include Jeuno/all zones. My bad.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-07-08 16:44:55  
Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
We did Bastok Wave 3 last night, damage was a bit lower then what you had in your video, but the only other noticeable difference was that he summoned Odin at 80%, which did 2 back to back TP moves. The first did Shin Zantetsuke wiped off all RR of people in range and doing ~1000 damage like in Black and White master trial, the second TP move from Odin was plain Zantetsuke and just K.O. everyone up to 25' range. Quite nasty.
The same thing happened to us in Jeuno but it was a double Shin Zantetsuken, one add was up and we killed 4 circles. According to our parse, the mega boss seems to have 20~21m HP instead of only 15m too...
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14