Ask The FFXI Development Team Your Questions!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-05-23 02:53:40  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
A gimmick is the only thing that can make them difficult though... There's literally nothing in the entire game that can kill a tank anymore.

Except gimmicky *** like pain sync, "needle" moves, and purposely targeting healers regardless of enmity. (random ninja 2hours)

Hmmm good point. WELL at least do away with BS gimmicks that insta-kill parties (Nightmare Frog..) or otherwise enforce SMN burn tactics.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-23 03:06:51  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
@Eiryl
Ohh nono, I'll explain. I would rather there not be any gimmicks at all. HOWEVER, I understand that some people like the Gimmicks and like testing for them and stuff like that.

In my personal opinion, I'd much prefer to fight a really strong mob than to deal with a Gimmick.

Not a thing of difficulty or understanding or anything like that. I just personally find them annoying lol. But It's only my opinion and I'm probably the only person that feels this way.
I understand your logic but kinda hard to apply it to FFXI.

FFXI is a game that relies a lot on powercreep, buff synergy and so on.
How would you raise the difficulty of a fight without using gimmicks?
There's an unbelievable difference in the damage output of groups because there is no standardization of jobs, abilities and scaling of gear (like in most MMOs, take WoW or FFXIV for instance).

With such a huge difference how would you find a spot where a fight is "difficult" for a good part of the population but not literally impossible for everybody else?
Without the use of gimmicks.
 Lakshmi.Igadget
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-05-23 03:17:44  
Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
Justuas said: »
Also there's a player here who openly admits botting and rmt. Why isn't he banned yet?
I don't think we're in 2004 anymore, Toto.

I would make a snide comment about complaining about third party tools in this stage of FFXI's life cycle, but I'm hardly surprised that it's coming from someone who plays on the cancer server.
By Felgarr 2018-05-23 04:00:06  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Felgarr said: »
Asura.Zenoxio said: »
As if they care about anything an NA player wants to know. ***is a farce. They don't even have anyone on staff to do english translation anymore.

Zhexos is the translator on the NA team. (And Sicycre I think)

There's a very high probability that every English SE employee Forum account is manned by the same person. (LinkedIn profiles of Community Reps and GameMasters seem to support overlapped responsibilities).

There is an absolute 0 probability this is the case. I've played with two different community reps at the same time, and the #1 community rep was a 3rd person entirely. They are very different people.

I don't disagree that you've experienced that. But, do you that is still true in 2018? I'm not so sure, given (1) the incredibly low frequency of NA Community Rep posts from February-April and (2) if a post occurred, it was from an account we haven't seen post in ~2 years.

However, I think we can agree, there isn't enough NA community Rep. support (translations, Dev answers, etc).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-05-23 07:15:57  
Where's our Accession Haste/Flurry they promised?
 Valefor.Heabea
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2018-05-23 07:32:42  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Where's our Accession Haste/Flurry they promised?

I'd literally make an escutcheon for rdm for the ability to accession my buffs...
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-23 08:44:20  
Lakshmi.Igadget said: »
I'm hardly surprised that it's coming from someone who plays on the cancer server.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-23 09:07:56  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Hmmm good point. WELL at least do away with BS gimmicks that insta-kill parties (Nightmare Frog..) or otherwise enforce SMN burn tactics.

Then you haven't play ffxiv, lol. It was basically death retry death retry death retry death retry.

Honestly gimmicks are what modern mmo do.

About SMN tactics, probably more of a job problem now. Other setup has no problem killing the NM almost as fast, without the need of 2hr. but community still smn all things.

Moogle ambuscade is the exception though, having to move on the battle field and wait for 1hr really slow down.
By fonewear 2018-05-23 09:57:40  
I sorta hope summoner becomes more powerful just to see the endless bitching on the ffxiah.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-23 09:58:25  
Smn only needs to make about 8(72) more nirvana until it gets nerfed. It wont be long.

Quote:
1 Burtgang 770
2 Yagrush 606
3 Nirvana 598
By fonewear 2018-05-23 09:59:55  
Smn only needs to make about 8(72) more nirvana until it gets nerfed. It wont be long.

Quote:
1 Burtgang 770
2 Yagrush 606
3 Nirvana 598

595 of those summoners are terrible also !
By fonewear 2018-05-23 10:01:29  
The way I see it summoner OP is there way of compensating how terrible summoner was for a long time...

And they just hate people that play monk or don't care...maybe both.

Hell I remember when people thought DRG was too powerful...now I can't remember the last time I was in a party with one.
By fonewear 2018-05-23 10:04:36  
Your time is coming monk...just keep waiting next update....then the next update...

Some day monk will be great.
 Valefor.Gorns
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-05-23 10:24:30  
Give us more wardrobes.

For free.

I pay 20 bucks a month for a game I cant enjoy its full potential because of gears storage issues. Fix it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-05-23 10:28:15  
Valefor.Gorns said: »
Give us more wardrobes.

For free.

I pay 20 bucks a month for a game I cant enjoy its full potential because of gears storage issues. Fix it.

AMEN
Damn even if it cost $$$ i need 4 more a year ago
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-05-23 10:44:11  
I know it would likely get the "We need all the money we can get to keep the game going" response from Matsui, but I'd love to ask them if it is possible to bring back the campaign where people that sub to XIV get a discount on XI. It would be a great boon to both games due to how often XIV enters patch lulls, while XI has near endless content to grind on for more casual players.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-23 11:01:49  
Valefor.Gorns said: »
Give us more wardrobes.

For free.

Hmm I feel the people who paid for both extra wardrobes should get 1 or 2 free. Don’t be a cheap *** the end.
By oyama 2018-05-23 15:17:57  
I've always been curious about the exact values of Foil's evasion bonus.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2018-05-23 20:27:58  
I'd like to know why is Inquartata only half potency! >:(

What the literal heck SE!?
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-05-24 03:33:46  
How about buffing EES to make it actually useful given barrage is more potent and - wait, they will just nerf barrage if they take this. Never mind, I guess.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-24 03:50:44  
Asura.Cloudblade said: »
How about buffing EES to make it actually useful given barrage is more potent and - wait, they will just nerf barrage if they take this. Never mind, I guess.

Similarly, can my perfect dodge dodge ranged attacks please?
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-24 04:41:38  
Thanks Zenoxio for your efforts and Good Luck,

I have few questions:

-Will SE reduce "Call Wyvern" timer from the ridiculous 20 min?

-Will SE make Wyvern permanently upgraded or reduce "Spirit Link" Timer or even put it in [Group 2 Merits] and make each level -10s on recast?

[Dont see any valid reason what so ever for Wyvern to reset after each NM fight Unless SE thinks its a GEO bubble]

-Will SE fix the drama of Jump gear description/uses?
-Will SE give Dancers "Raise AoE Waltz" " and "Haste II Samba" capping JA haste?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-24 09:08:24  
Asura.Cloudblade said: »

At the very least, EES needs to be changed to be unavoidable by any means (goes through shadows, ignores stoneskin/phalanx), ignores defense, stacks with barrage (for multi-shot EES) and can inflict a "Chainbound" effect for 5 seconds shortly afterwards.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-24 09:41:30  
Honestly, most jobs get 1 "good" 1hr and 1 "meh" 1hr, and very few get something amazing for both. BRD does with Soul Voice/Clarion Call, but by comparison COR gets Wild Card(amazing)/Cutting Cards(wut), RDM gets Chainspell(amazing)/Spontaneity(ok-ish), PLD gets Invincible/..Intervene?

Overkill is an amazing 1hr ability, and more than makes up for EES. Now would I like to see it scaled to where our original 1hr is always going to hit for more than a solid Last Stand, definitely. If I were to change it, I'd seek the following:

1. Scale Damage up to 125%-200% current damage. (for the math challenged, saying at most double it)
2. Make it 100% ignore shadows/stoneskin/damage ignore mechanics.
3. Zero enmity.
4. have it grant 3k TP. This way I can at least WS>EES>WS for SC dmg as well.
[+]
By Zyla 2018-05-24 09:45:25  
Please god SE, more wardrobes for gear... I need like 4 more, not even exaggerating.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-05-24 09:48:55  
Zyla said: »
Please god SE, more wardrobes for gear... I need like 4 more, not even exaggerating.
ill think about it
By Zyla 2018-05-24 09:52:19  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Honestly, most jobs get 1 "good" 1hr and 1 "meh" 1hr, and very few get something amazing for both. BRD does with Soul Voice/Clarion Call, but by comparison COR gets Wild Card(amazing)/Cutting Cards(wut), RDM gets Chainspell(amazing)/Spontaneity(ok-ish), PLD gets Invincible/..Intervene?

Overkill is an amazing 1hr ability, and more than makes up for EES. Now would I like to see it scaled to where our original 1hr is always going to hit for more than a solid Last Stand, definitely. If I were to change it, I'd seek the following:

1. Scale Damage up to 125%-200% current damage. (for the math challenged, saying at most double it)
3. Zero enmity.
this is a damn solid idea for EES, I'm in favor
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-24 16:14:11  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
3. Zero enmity.

Fantastic - and realistic - EES suggestions! To iterate on your excellent ideas:

For #2, maybe also just freaking give it 100% accuracy already. EES is high accuracy as-is, but it's kind of obnoxious that a single hit SP can miss entirely. Especially considering THF gets a guaranteed hit on SATA (assuming positioning is OK or Bully is up for SA), with 60 second base timers! And, I mean, the name of the ability alone makes it feel so dumb that it can whiff!

For #3, possibly even worth considering having it shed some enmity. Would be nice to see it work like Super Jump (setting you at 1CE after use), but even a 50% enmity reduction a la High Jump would be cool.

An alternative #4 (which is really the only of your points where I feel the slightest bit of hesitatation):
4. Add a SC property (light?) to EES.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-05-24 16:31:37  
Zyla said: »

More wardrobes so you can wait 10 minutes after zoning to equip gear instead of 5 minutes!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8