String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-20 12:44:12  
BLM ML18 with Marin Staff +1:
INT 128+342
MAB 378
Macc 428 + 228 macc skill

Same but with Laevateinn AM2:
INT 128+305
MAB 429
Macc 448 + 269 macc skill
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-21 02:49:58  
maybe obvious but gearswap will equip herc/taeon +phalanx gear when the rdm pet casts phalanx on you, pretty nice for cleaving with spinning attack or aeolian edge.
[+]
By K123 2024-06-22 07:33:53  
What master and pet gear should be used for Up in Arms?
By jubes 2024-06-22 09:42:54  
nothing is required, go naked if you like. most anything ilvl will be scaled to have no benefit other than def anyway. attachment sets have been posted before.

several threads about it here

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/80/nms/
By K123 2024-06-22 14:27:08  
jubes said: »
nothing is required, go naked if you like. most anything ilvl will be scaled to have no benefit other than def anyway. attachment sets have been posted before.

Well... I believed this whole "go naked" bs. I am master level (did it randomly once) and went with no pet gear but took good attachments. Had to take some off because of passed limits. It hit real hard and killed the automaton when the automaton did little damage. I suppose the puppet has to be skilled up which will increase melee dmg, but not sure why it took so much damage.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-22 14:33:59  
The puppet takes damage, there is zero gear that makes any difference for that except shepherds chain. And thats really not doing anything.

Just wrong attachments? The regen from ARK negates all the damage.

* Valoredge Head
* Valoredge Frame
* Steam Jacket
* Magniplug
* Magniplug II
* Tension Spring IV
* Optic Fiber
* Heat Sink
* Turbo Charger II
* Turbo Charger
* Auto-repair kit III
* Armor Plate III
* Armor Plate II
* Stabilizer V

The most optimal (not overdrive) standard set. You can change any of the fire for any other fire its just slower. (capacitors, inhibitors, springs, holder)
By jubes 2024-06-22 14:42:51  
not sure what you were expecting if your pet wasn't skilled up. but now you know. Fe'e hits extremely hard and fast until you damage his arms.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2024-06-22 15:40:28  
So I resubbed last night and played around a bit. It doesn't really feel like much has changed other than I hit harder and so does the Automaton. I last played in the summer of 2021, and I only played for like a month or something. I don't know if I'm going to end up playing much more than that this time, but I do know I'm only gunna play PUP, and very likely only solo. There aren't a lot of people on Quetz these days.

Falkirk was kind enough to gift me the kill on whatever gets you Mpaca, so I have that. I also grinded out Malignance. I suppose I need NM kills so I can augment my Mpaca, but otherwise I don't think I'd be able to get Nyame or whatever its called. I never got the ring from Fu or the neck from Craver in Omen, are those soloable now? Aside from that, I got my ML to 5 on bats in Dho, but it looks like Colibri might be a better option? Or at least Bats in Ra'kaznar.
[+]
By Seun 2024-06-22 15:51:34  
K123 said: »

Well... I believed this whole "go naked" bs. I am master level (did it randomly once) and went with no pet gear but took good attachments. Had to take some off because of passed limits. It hit real hard and killed the automaton when the automaton did little damage. I suppose the puppet has to be skilled up which will increase melee dmg, but not sure why it took so much damage.

Take a few +2 oils to be safe. I'm usually fine with ARKIII, but occasionally Fe'e gets lucky with crit rolls. You can also go /rdm and start off with Bio to reduce damage. Swap to dia when the kraken chills out to speed the fight along if you're not OD.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-06-22 17:01:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
It doesn't really feel like much has changed other than I hit harder and so does the Automaton.

That's about the size of it for most jobs tbh, do more dmg, take less dmg but current mobs do more dmg to balance it back out.

Craver is most def soloable, Fu i feel should be doable as well but not certain
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-22 17:19:25  
Nariont said: »
Craver is most def soloable, Fu i feel should be doable as well but not certain

PUP can solo just about any of them. Lacking Nyame sucks but it isn't insurmountable. AF body gets 10% WSD, Relic hands get 10% WSD, Empy feet get 8/12% WSD. Hiza +2 legs get 7%. Can augment a hat with WSD on top of that. Won't be best of the best but it'd be more than enough for omen bosses. Fu is ultimately very simple, and PUP can cheese it pretty well. Let it suck a ton of buffs and your puppet will demolish it w/ overdrive.
[+]
By K123 2024-06-23 04:25:59  
Seun said: »

Take a few +2 oils to be safe. I'm usually fine with ARKIII, but occasionally Fe'e gets lucky with crit rolls. You can also go /rdm and start off with Bio to reduce damage. Swap to dia when the kraken chills out to speed the fight along if you're not OD.
Do ARKII and ARKIII stack or does the 3 overwrite the 2?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 04:28:35  
You don't have space for 2 ARKs

They do stack, but it doesn't matter.

If you meant does Oil+2 and ARK stack; Yes
By K123 2024-06-23 05:18:33  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You don't have space for 2 ARKs

They do stack, but it doesn't matter.

If you meant does Oil+2 and ARK stack; Yes
I mean the two ARKs. You mean no space as in the limits on elements at 60 cap?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 05:25:20  
Yeah, at 60 you have zero lights to mess with.

You can run OF and ARK3 or inferior OF2 and ARK2 (if you go 2+2 it makes you slightly stronger but you basically have to oil every run)

There is no argument for dropping OF, and you'd run ARK4 if you did anyway.
By Seun 2024-06-23 11:51:21  
You mean no space as in the limits on elements at 60 cap?

When you enter your gear's effectiveness is reduced. Same logic applies to your automaton, but the attachments are less effective. Taking a level-appropriate attachment loadout is far more effective than taking higher tier attachments with the penalty.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 11:52:37  
Attachments have no level function, only their capacity limits change.

Tension Spring 5 will always be 18%(minimum) even at level 1, never a scenario where you get more attack from 1 2 3 or 4

Overall less slots, identical effectiveness per slot

I think its what you meant just worded very oddly. It won't even let you call the puppet if it's over capacity.
By Seun 2024-06-23 14:42:25  
Activate the automaton when you're standing outside of the BC, at max level. Now what happens when you enter the BC...?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 14:48:34  
That is exactly what that picture is.

It unsummons the auto and gives that message.
By jubes 2024-06-23 15:06:45  
nothing prevents you from using high level attachments on your pet while it is under cap or just low level in general, except the elemental capacity total. the qiqirn npc won't sell certain attachments until you reach a certain level, but you can have a friend buy them or get them on AH and equip just fine. there is no penalty for equipping something like magniplugs on a level 60 pet, which is the reason pup has such an easy time with this BCNM.
By Seun 2024-06-23 15:13:12  
I knew you could collect and apply them below level, just throught there was a penalty for level difference.
By K123 2024-06-23 18:59:39  
Uh well I tried with ARK III, still trashed my automaton.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 19:35:28  
Youre gonna have to show your work, cause yeah.

Like, did you not use maneuvers.
By K123 2024-06-23 19:50:29  
Youre gonna have to show your work, cause yeah.

Like, did you not use maneuvers.
what happened to "engage and afk"?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 19:56:15  
With a gearswap and/or lua and/or macro / script that puts up light fire wind for you

(Fire+Light+Wind)
Pantafernando said: »
rotate maneuver
Asura.Cthaeh said: »
Light/Fire/Lightning or Light/Lightning/Lightning
Bahamut.Kaiylie said: »
Enter, Activate, Fire->Light->Earth maneuvers, deploy, run out of AoE range, do laundry.
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I was using Light -> Thunder -> Fire and Grape Daifuku.
better manuever
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Light/Fire/Earth maneuver is what I use.
Asura.Sechs said: »
Light/Thunder/Fire
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
light+thunder+thunder+ grape daifku super easy ... dont need repairs
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Running in and executing a script for a 5 minute fight
By Seun 2024-06-23 20:06:48  
Bots to control the bots? Sounds like something the STF would do.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 20:10:49  
Seun said: »
Bots to control the bots? Sounds like something the STF would do.

Automated Automaton(s)
By K123 2024-06-24 19:49:51  
>>Just enter, engage and afk
>>pet gets raped

>>"no, you need to use maneuvers"

>>uses maneuvers, gets overloaded every time, pet still gets raped

I know nothing about pup but this is absolute ***. Lucky I take RDM each time to solo it when PUP proves to be utterly useless. Pet lasts no time before being killed and does no damage.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-24 19:52:54  
were you activating and immediately spamming maneuvers..? you need to wait 15-20 seconds before using any after hitting activate without overload prevention gear
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-24 20:01:59  
I mean guy, you're reallllllllllllllly trying way too hard

This is some basic ***
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99