String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97
By jubes 2024-05-22 00:14:08  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I'm no career pup, but if the puppet logic is to be assumed, it picked the element with the lowest resistance, and in the case of mobs that absorb elements, thats their lowest resistance.

Its the same thing with Wyvern's choosing Hydro Breath as their breath of choice, however those NM's dont get raged from that move.

yeah, used ruspix to confirm, very first nuke again water V with scanner equipped. I don't know if that counts as a bug or working as intended like you say, but clobbered all my hopes and dreams for the moment.
By Nariont 2024-05-22 11:09:21  
Sadly that's working as intended as far as how it's checking weaknesses, one could try to file a bug report since im not sure you can get the puppet to not nuke on the spell that has the lowest chance to resist, but i also seldom used the nuke frames. Does not using scanner make it default to its highest tier nuke?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-22 13:51:24  
The blm puppet supposedly has a scanner built in, from wiki notes
By Nariont 2024-05-22 14:38:11  
I was thinking of maybe just using the rdm head instead but i see that only gives T4 nukes
By jubes 2024-05-22 17:32:30  
the only way I see it being usable is to deploy right as the sc goes off, but that's super awkward and not really worth the effort.

this does severely limit the usefulness of blm frame, but it can still pump out good numbers in other situations. I don't have access to post on OF, if anyone is so inclined to file a bug report I can help provide information though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-22 17:46:36  
99% sure that is not a bug, it's just a design oversight. It probably targets the lowest resist rank that the monster has, and you can't get a lower resist rank than "Absorbs". In an ideal world they would've coded it to ignore resist ranks under a certain number but it is what it is.
By jubes 2024-05-22 17:50:05  
agreed, and chances of job adjustments now are less likely than ever. oh well.
By LightningHelix 2024-05-25 11:59:57  
Stupid question - BGwiki's version of this guide has a note about how Repair potency may be capped at 50%. Is that known to be a fact? All I could find on Google was a post here from 2017 saying "maybe it's 50%" and sure Reward works the same way but this is FFXI so I hate to assume.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-25 12:27:24  
Repair Potency isn't a cure, it's a regen. I explained it a few pages back.

Repair cap is 50% though
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-25 12:38:24  
There's no reliable data to show that Repair potency has any cap.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-25 12:42:18  
I literally did it 4 pages back when I explained it

There's gear to far exceed 50% (82%)

Call the puppet, repair in +>50%, convert to 1hp, role reversal, see the end hp is +2400 (within margin of error for extra tick based on world timing)

The amount that is cured, has no known cap because it has nothing to do with repair, only max HP
By Sleepingway 2024-05-26 17:17:52  
Are there any guides/good forum posts that talk about setups for soloing fights beyond just the string theory overdrive attachment set? For stuff like what low vengeance gaol fights, ambus, htmbs a pup can solo that benefit from specific attachment setups?
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-05-26 18:45:38  
umm for more specific encounters, you can likely find a bunch of videos on youtube of pups soloing random stuff. Other than that, its trial and error with a good understanding of pup behaviour and the fight you are going into.
[+]
By jubes 2024-05-26 20:00:51  
I think overdrive setups are pretty well covered, but if you have a specific fight in mind I'm sure we can figure something out. I'm still learning myself, so would be interested to see what you're soloing.

On another note, I can't pick between Lehko's and Fickblix's ring. I went with Shneddick for Adoulin because it's too good, but kinda want Lehko's for tp and smite/pummel. Not picking the pet ring as a pet job feels wrong though (don't play any other jobs atm)
By jubes 2024-05-27 02:09:28  
separate question, do arcanoclutch attachments ever find use? I'm pretty bad at FFXI math, but I recall magic damage stat doing more for lower tier spells. I did a quick test using nothing but ice maker and loudspeaker V vs. ice maker and arcanoclutch 1 and 2. with 3 ice maneuvers, the loudspeaker combo won by about 1000 dmg on flamingos in sky with thunder V. since the blm puppet is going to cast the highest tier mp allows, I'm wondering what use if any arcanoclutch has. One thing I'm considering is attachment cost, loudspeakers take up a lot more points.

here's what I'm trying for the time being on non MB nukes:
Mana Booster
Ice Maker
Loudspeaker V
Arcanoclutch 1 and 2
Heatsink
Mana Channeler 2
Optic Fiber 1 and 2
Economizer
Mana Tank 3 and 4

any suggestions what to change for the MB loadout to fit amplifiers in?
By Asura.Aragan 2024-05-27 11:41:47  
sortie A/E bosses
I remember clear A
Style pup pet dd

2 pup/whm pet dd / 1 pup pet tank
1 cor roll beast/companion
No need Ov on A boss

And for A boss ki shard
Pet blm and roll sam fighter or tact or blizer cor do sc fusion or pup do light
And pet auto do mb kill 3 mobs

And E boss can kill melee style with
4 pup 1 tank 3 dd
IGeo Geo-Frailty
Cor+8 drachen or beast and companion

And other kitting start style dd
can change 1 pup to tank to kitting with indi gravity
And all pet dd and pup dd spam ws vs with cor spam sb or ls
And this strat can do it on all nms

And mb style
2 pet tank 2 pet blm with Animator P II +1 out range
2 pup do sc spam victory smite or with cor fusion sc
IGeo Malaise indi haste
Cor+8 roll pup sam
Pup give self haste will capped haste

And i remember kill Shedu with pet dd solo with ov
I will put box here later
By jubes 2024-05-27 15:10:39  
gotta admit, pet job sortie sounds great fun, just gotta convince the cor and geo to give up the good stuff lol

save a slot for smn though, shock squall locks down a lot of the bosses.
By Asura.Aragan 2024-05-27 15:33:55  
fire light wind
<dhartok>
<frame>sharpshot frame</frame>
<head>valoredge head</head>
<slot01>magniplug</slot01>
<slot02>magniplug ii</slot02>
<slot03>armor plate iv</slot03>
<slot04>turbo charger</slot04>
<slot05>auto-repair kit iv</slot05>
<slot06>inhibitor ii</slot06>
<slot07>inhibitor</slot07>
<slot08>turbo charger ii</slot08>
<slot09>flame holder</slot09>
<slot10>mana jammer iv</slot10>
<slot11>optic fiber</slot11>
<slot12>optic fiber ii</slot12>
</dhartok>

sets.idle.Pet.Engaged = {
main={ name="Xiucoatl", augments={'Path: C',}},
range="Animator P +1",
ammo="Automat. Oil +3",
head="Kara. Cappello +2",
body={ name="Pitre Tobe +3", augments={'Enhances "Overdrive" effect',}},
hands="Mpaca's Gloves",
legs="Kara. Pantaloni +2",
feet="Mpaca's Boots",
neck="Shulmanu Collar",
waist="Klouskap Sash +1",
left_ear="Rimeice Earring",
right_ear="Kara. Earring +1",
left_ring="Thurandaut Ring",
right_ring="C. Palug Ring",
back={ name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Attack+10 Pet: Rng.Atk.+10','Pet: Haste+10',}},
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-02 19:08:38  
What's the cooldown on heat capacitors
By Nariont 2024-06-02 20:48:12  
I want to say it was 2 minutes on activation/zoning, been awhile since i used it

JP wiki lists it as 90 second recast
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-14 06:50:02  
if i get over 1000 tp and my tank auto has inhibitor on, will it still try ws with sch skillchains? did a magic sortie run as pup tank and used tactical switch when I saw pet near 1000 but it still got a few ws off.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-06-14 09:08:31  
jubes said: »
will it still try ws with sch skillchains? did a magic sortie run as pup tank and used tactical switch when I saw pet near 1000 but it still got a few ws off.

yes it will. the first rule is that it holds tp if you are close to 1000 or over, but the 2nd rule is not dependent upon the first. It is, "if you can close the skillchain, do it"

So any skillchain that opens that automaton can close, it will.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97