String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 95 96 97
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2019-03-06 11:21:04  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Howling would probably benefit more from Fotia in your set.

<---Never got the last gorget, probably never will
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-06 11:27:31  
You must commit seppuku for your failure!
[+]
By Aerix 2019-03-06 12:01:41  
HF is never going to be an amazing WS for us, but even Attack-starved it should vastly outperform Shijin. Your Herc DM augments are pretty great, but you're probably lacking too much Acc/Atk. Try to get Artifact/Relic+3 if you can and you should see a noticeable improvement.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2019-03-06 12:41:34  
Aerix said: »
HF is never going to be an amazing WS for us, but even Attack-starved it should vastly outperform Shijin. Your Herc DM augments are pretty great, but you're probably lacking too much Acc/Atk. Try to get Artifact/Relic+3 if you can and you should see a noticeable improvement.

Yeah I'm at +3 right now and honestly its so cheap I've just been lazy, but tbh the +2 might keep up with it having so many you know actual stats on them
By Aerix 2019-03-06 17:18:22  
Still, I don't understand how Shijin would get anywhere close to your VSmite, SP and HF numbers using Godhands. HF gets a pretty significant fTP boost just from the TP Bonus and you have tons of WSD, while Shijin has pretty much nothing--not even fTP transfer.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-06 17:40:16  

Fotia is pretty weak for HF as it's a high fTP move. Fotia is only good for low fTP moves.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2019-03-06 23:51:05  
Still, I don't understand how Shijin would get anywhere close to your VSmite, SP and HF numbers using Godhands. HF gets a pretty significant fTP boost just from the TP Bonus and you have tons of WSD, while Shijin has pretty much nothing--not even fTP transfer.

No kidding its around 13k w/ smite and pummel being 13-16ish, but I'll have to see again whenever i go pup in dynamis ):
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-07 09:21:14  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Fotia is pretty weak for HF as it's a high fTP move. Fotia is only good for low fTP moves.
That may be true but Howling also has poor modifiers (50% Vit/20% Str) I'm pretty sure the .1 to ftp would do better than stacking stats.
By Aerix 2019-03-07 11:02:19  

That may be true but Howling also has poor modifiers (50% Vit/20% Str) I'm pretty sure the .1 to ftp would do better than stacking stats.

Spreadsheet confirms this. When Acc/Atk aren't huge factors, Fotia pulls slightly ahead of Tjukurrpa, Caro and Shulmanu necks. But the difference is extremely small.

Of course, when Attack capped, Pup. Collar +2 is BiS.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-07 11:09:12  

Spreadsheet confirms this. When Acc/Atk aren't huge factors, Fotia pulls slightly ahead of Tjukurrpa, Caro and Shulmanu necks. But the difference is extremely small.

Of course, when Attack capped, Pup. Collar +2 is BiS.
If only I could get one without selling my body to scienceShantotto. Or rather, even see them on the damn AH.
By Aerix 2019-03-07 11:33:24  
Don't worry! Unless you have 2-3 high end buffing mules or a very PUP-friendly LS without tons of heavy DDs, PUPs will never end up in an Attack-capped situation anyway. :P
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-07 11:35:55  
Don't worry! Unless you have 2-3 high end buffing mules or a very PUP-friendly LS without tons of heavy DDs, PUPs will never end up in an Attack-capped situation anyway. :P
Goddamnit they will heavily buff me and like it! SCREW THE OTHER DDs I'M COOLER DAMN IT!

Besides... Last time I parsed a run I was doing better/equal to our heavier DD's anyway. >.>; I know that's not normal but whatever. lol
By Aerix 2019-03-07 12:15:17  
I mean, I'm a proponent for melee PUP more than anyone (probably), but in a full buff situation our maton just falls behind so much that even MNKs JAs comparatively add more to overall DPS. And a job that's like a MNK with weaker JAs isn't exactly competitive.

Stiil, it doesn't mean I won't try to beat everyone else in a parse if I can.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-07 12:23:14  
I mean, I'm a proponent for melee PUP more than anyone (probably), but in a full buff situation our maton just falls behind so much that even MNKs JAs comparatively add more to overall DPS. And a job that's like a MNK with weaker JAs isn't exactly competitive.

Stiil, it doesn't mean I won't try to beat everyone else in a parse if I can.
Oh yea, every time I see the puppet in a full buff situation I cry. I just pretend that adding their damage to mine is worth it and ignore the fact that it seems more like they're hitting the mobs with a paper mache crossbow and shooting toothpicks.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-07 15:02:36  
Actually, question I've been pondering for a bit. With max augments, would Puppetmaster's Collar +2 be a more desirable option over something with crit rate+ like Rancor Collar? Obviously outside of a full buff situation I would assume not but curious about full buff.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-03-07 16:09:00  
New attachments, If an aoe hate is added to pup i'm deleting Run.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-03-07 16:45:19  
Actually, question I've been pondering for a bit. With max augments, would Puppetmaster's Collar +2 be a more desirable option over something with crit rate+ like Rancor Collar? Obviously outside of a full buff situation I would assume not but curious about full buff.

Yes, if you are Attack-capped, Pup. Collar +2 is pretty much BiS for all our WSs.

We don't have any fTP-transferring WSs, so Fotia isn't great, and all our other WS necks are pretty insubstantial overall.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-03-09 23:13:26  
So I know speculation is usually useless, but is anybody else hoping SE will add an attachment that allows matons to buff the rest of the party according to frame or perhaps Attachments/Maneuvers?

Honestly, I'd rather have a full BRD frame (because it would look awesome and be fun to play with), but if our VE/SS could buff others in any half-decent way similar to COR, PUPs might become popular for endgame groups and we could flex our DD muscles to boot.

Or BLMaton could finally be useful in nuking parties if it gives any kind of decent MAB/MAcc/Magic Burst damage. WHMaton could give a strong AoE Regen to compensate for the lack of Curaga and VE body could grant a -DT bonus to others.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-03-10 00:11:12  
Tension Spring V: 18/21/24/27% attack
Loudspeaker V: 40/50/60/70 Mab
Tranquilizer IV: 40/60/80/110 Macc
Stabilizer V: 40/50/65/80 acc
Scope IV: 40/50/65/80 racc

Looks like Two fire attachments they are adding brings the weapon damage value up. They are base and II up

5/15/30/45 for the base
10/20/35/50 for II

The two ice attachments are magic damage up

20/40/60/80 base
40/60/80/120 for II

And the wind one translate to Ranged damage +

5/15/30/45%

They are lowering the cost of attachments as well. Also, heat capacitor, eraser, and barrage turbine will not consume maneuvers
By Aerix 2019-03-10 00:44:03  
Where did you find this info? That looks like a pretty massive buff and will change all our attachment setups fundamentally.

Honestly this is going to make for some very hard choices to optimize setups--12 slots aren't nearly enough at this point.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-03-10 00:49:28  
So the real question is. Is KKK worth getting?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-03-10 01:06:58  
There was a freshly picked. But, no one cared to translate the pup stuff so I did lol
By Aerix 2019-03-10 01:16:06  
Well, color me excited. This'll mean a lot of post-update testing. The new Wind attachment might be exactly what we needed to make VE/SS competitive outside of OD.

@Arico KKK is pretty much our best master DD weapon, in addition to the maton AM3. If that's what you want to be able to do on PUP, you should get it.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-03-10 01:41:01  
Well, color me excited. This'll mean a lot of post-update testing. The new Wind attachment might be exactly what we needed to make VE/SS competitive outside of OD.

The question then becomes: Are the parameters shown from the Freshly Picked the base buffs from the new attachments? If so, could they be even further enhanced by the Optic Fibers?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-10 01:42:23  
Goes without saying, does it not?
By Aerix 2019-03-10 01:43:23  
We have no reason to believe the Optic Fibers won't affect them. From what we know OFs buff every attachment that is a straight boost to stats.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2019-03-10 03:46:01  
The only thing i want for PUP is to drop this damn lock issue with Inhibitor and group situation, its a pain.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-03-10 04:39:50  
Eraser buff has me the most excited, also interested to see what and how much they'll reduce attachment costs of existing attachments.
By Aerix 2019-03-10 05:22:58  
Aside from Doom and Amnesia (which can't be removed) are there any status effects that would make Eraser worthwhile, though? Repair and Maintenance should be able to handle almost anything.

Attachment slots (and Light capacity) are/will be very limited, so I can't think of a reason to justify it, sadly. Unless you just want to save on oils, of course. And I guess it's quite nice in level-capped content.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-10 08:50:00  
Those god damn Merrow and their poison/stone spam would. It's impossible to resist and too fast for maint to keep off, Skathi specifically.

other than that.... I can't think of any

Any mob that has en-statusdebuff it would be nice on too. Or just spams damn debuffs like the velk boss. En-Bind is super gay.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 95 96 97