Toy Theater: An Automaton Attachments Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Toy Theater: An Automaton Attachments Guide
Toy Theater: An Automaton Attachments Guide
 Ragnarok.Laruni
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Laruni
By Ragnarok.Laruni 2018-03-27 00:17:32  
Node 339
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-27 04:44:28  
Quality guide/info. Nice to see it in one place.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-03-27 06:22:07  
I still havent played pup in my 15 years playing the game, but now I know where to come when im ready for it, thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-27 06:34:57  
Nice that your making a good guide. There are some definite holes with the existing guides.

One item for correction:

Quote:
Ohtas+Visucius's Mantle with Pet: Haste+10% and Turbo Charger II (with one Wind, one Light Maneuver) will cap your haste on any frame you desire.

Gear haste and magic haste are different categories w/ different caps.

Ohtas + Mantle are gear haste. throw in klouskap sash or hurch'lann sash or a heyoka piece (or other optionss) to cap gear haste at 25% (26).

Turbo chargers are Magic haste, which caps at 43.75%

even if you cap them both, haste won't quite be fully capped until you add abot 12% ja haste.

but with 1 wind maneuver, both turbo chargers and both optic fibers you should cap magic haste.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-03-27 07:14:10  
Great guide i like it. Noticed the exclusion of Soulsoother head Harlequin body is quite nice as well esp more for just sit there and tank a single bad baddy and dont need/care to contribute to damage. Pro5 shell5 on auto is amazing occ nas and erases self or allies and cures others and under 50% somehow itself (like that ever happens thou) and interruptions happen occ. Pretty much used your runefencer setup but swapped out equalizer and analyzer for galvanizer (Gimme some galvanizer 2)and ... idk was my play slot mabey disrupter/regulator combo for when it tanked teles way back when to help dispel or the Tranquilizer magic acc attach to land addles or w/e enfeebs it tried casting. Think i only ever rocked double fire light.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-03-27 09:45:50  
This is useful! Having said that, 0JP/100JP sets would be nice as well.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2018-03-27 11:27:24  
0/1200jp as well as 100/1200 jp sets for those of us inbetween
 Bismarck.Jdeep
サーバ: Bismarck
user: jdeep
By Bismarck.Jdeep 2018-03-28 14:23:06  
Thank you, it's really useful.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-28 16:05:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
One item for correction:

Quote:
Ohtas+Visucius's Mantle with Pet: Haste+10% and Turbo Charger II (with one Wind, one Light Maneuver) will cap your haste on any frame you desire.

Gear haste and magic haste are different categories w/ different caps.

Ohtas + Mantle are gear haste. throw in klouskap sash or hurch'lann sash or a heyoka piece (or other optionss) to cap gear haste at 25% (26).

Turbo chargers are Magic haste, which caps at 43.75%

even if you cap them both, haste won't quite be fully capped until you add abot 12% ja haste.

but with 1 wind maneuver, both turbo chargers and both optic fibers you should cap magic haste.

This is the most important needed change that I see on a quick read. Otherwise, nicely formatted guide and I'm sure this will be a great resource. Thanks for taking the time to put it together!

I'll read through more thoroughly later, but a few other minor suggestions:

* Might be worth noting some situations where you want to double/triple up on maneuvers. For example, (1) opening a fight with Fire x3 if you're tanking for the strongest possible initial Strobe provoke (then putting up a Light for flashbulb), (2) 3x Ice when using ice maker or for nukes in general, (3) mixing in extra light maneuvers if needed to really turtle up for tanking Regen.

* RDM head's main use to me is for Haste II on the master any time you can't use trusts have to solo/lowman. Obviously was MUCH more useful prior to trusts existing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Laruni
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Laruni
By Ragnarok.Laruni 2018-04-10 02:03:04  
Ok, thanks for the tips, guys! Updated!

I was actually thinking of doing a 'maneuver tactics' section for each model with suggested maneuvers for changing situations in battle. I was also thinking of putting up suggested gear sets for master, though this sort of information is available in other threads. I will look into 0 JP setups, too.

I'll work on it, any other suggestions welcome!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [177 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-10-03 18:45:41  
I noticed you lack a Zerg setup with Harlquin head and SS body. Combine that with OD and heady Artifice (Mighty Strikes) can do some impressive dmg and SCs.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-03 19:04:53  
Mighty strikes doesn't do much if you are pdif and acc capped
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-03 19:21:37  
clearlyamule said: »

aka; never? unless you multi your own geo and cor
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-10-03 19:39:51  
It’s there to use, why not use it. That’s all I’m saying. I love it myself. I noticed big difference on VD ambu2.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-03 20:05:21  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
clearlyamule said: »

aka; never? unless you multi your own geo and cor
aka using overdrive
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-04 16:41:39  
So, I wanted to see attuner vs spring 4

They do exactly the same damage to a level 124 mob.

Not a geared pup, at all, just 5/5 tali'ah

AS w/ attuner 5940
AS w/ Spring4 5940
AS w/ neither 5050 > 2nd AS (with defense down from 1st) 5940

I guess their defense is so low thats all it takes to cap attack. Should use a better target. I didn't expect that.

Are apex considered "notorious" on an apex toad TS4 > Attuner
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [766 days between previous and next post]
By Ahbon 2020-11-08 05:19:14  
Thanks for sharing really appreciated it
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1198 days between previous and next post]
By Felgarr 2024-02-18 23:53:48  
Is the Warrior attachment set listed above appropriate for Overdrive spam? Trying to do Odyssey 5% cheez.
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-19 08:41:00  
umm the best answer I can give regarding that is adjust it accordingly for the nm. Any of the t3's you'll want steam jacket... its ridiculously useful for them. Also depends on damage type that you want to do. Attuner is definitely better than spring, so I would disregard that. Also want flame holder, drop strobe for that as you don't need provoke, or shouldn't at least. Inhibitors will force it to sc with itself which may not be ideal, so that is content depending.

Its a good place to start but that attachment guide is not well suited for what you want to do. Its a good place to start I suppose but depending on which nm and what you want your automaton to perform you will want to adjust accordingly.