2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 121 122 123
By SimonSes 2021-02-03 13:04:38  
Asura.Bippin said: »
One thing you are missing is it's for COR, but still don't see how it's worth gearing for

Sorry I checked for COR, but wrote THF, so it was just a mistake in text.
By probot85 2021-02-03 14:05:06  
Thanks for catching that Bippin. Yes, I am referring specifically for COR with Conserve TP and the Save TP effect from Miser's Roll. I am unsure of what sort of synergy Conserve TP and Save TP have with one and other.
By Whynez 2021-02-10 13:45:46  
Does the new Ikenga set compete with malignance for midshot sets? Looks like a big loss in defensive advantages for a gain in offensive capabilities.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-02-10 13:53:23  
Whynez said: »
Does the new Ikenga set compete with malignance for midshot sets? Looks like a big loss in defensive advantages for a gain in offensive capabilities.

It has a lot of enmity- on it so if you dont need the extra racc from malginance its probably worth using. Idk if its worth it for white damage for Arma so someone else would need to do the math on it.
[+]
By Afania 2021-02-10 22:54:01  
probot85 said: »
Hi all. I remember watching a video of someone rocking a Conserve TP set and it looked interesting but I cannot for the life of me find it. Does anyone here rock a Conserve TP set with their Savage Blades? If I recall the person using it indicated that you do a bit less damage but he does 2 Savage Blades for every 1 that others were doing.

Thanks in advance.

Is it pwnsalot's video? If yes please ignore everything he says. He is pretty well known for providing very wrong info in his videos, I wouldn't take it seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
サーバ: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2021-02-13 09:45:16  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Whynez said: »

It has a lot of enmity- on it so if you dont need the extra racc from malginance its probably worth using. Idk if its worth it for white damage for Arma so someone else would need to do the math on it.

I agree, all together it's kind of a weird set. It's great for attack starved situations where you are not taking damage (-enmity helps here), but it's not great for Armageddon AM3 since there just isn't the +crit there. If you really need a BiS Fomalhaut tp set, then this is probably it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-13 09:55:44  
Its not too weird honestly (The Ikenga set). And COR doesn't get near the natural Ranged Attack that RNG does, so COR doesn't often benefit from the +PDL on Malignance when shooting. The extra ranged attack when compared against Malignance set combined with still retaining +PDL should improve white damage because now on COR we'll see that PDL in action.

Not to mention, these days I pull hate when shooting a LOT more on COR than RNG, between the tools/abilities RNG gets for hate mitigation/transfer that COR does not. That -enmity can really matter.

In terms of specific pieces- I think the head should be an easy option for Wildfire sets for those without a top notch Herculean Helm augment- once its RP'ed. The TP bonus on the body is strange- I don't expect it to beat AF+3 body and its 10% WSD, and certainly shouldn't beat Relic+3's high MAB for magical WSs. It may at capped attack be best for Last Stand due to the +PDL, but honestly I don't know. The feet could be interesting if able to stand at a real True Shot distance when stacked with Nisroch and Oshosi legs AND Tripleshot is down- no way I'd give up Oshosi feet.

In terms of an Armageddon Aftermath set, again it'll be a discussion for tripleshot up/tripleshot down. While up, I don't see any of this gear being valued for COR. But while down, some select pieces mixed in to a crit set could be good. I do a similar thing already on RNG when using Annihilator by mixing in 1-2 pieces of Malignance to take advantage of the +PDL- and the ranged attack on Ikenga should mean taking advantage of that stat should be easier.
[+]
 Shiva.Kuranesae
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuranesae 2021-02-14 19:37:04  
Doomsday augment question:
The note in the weapons section of the guide has "can be turned into the 2nd-strongest magic damage gun with perfect augments" for Doomsday (AH has a 'perfect augmented Doomsday' with +20 STR/AGI, 25+ MAB, 7%WSD. Is there a reason I'd want to push for the 20 STR/AGI if I have a higher AGI on it at the moment?

(New COR and casual/lowman with some close friends so something higher tier like DP or aeonic is out of my immediate future reach for now, so I'm trying to get a decent MAB gun. thanks ^^)
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-02-14 22:18:46  
The str was to double for last stand and savage blade, if you don’t need that then don’t worry about it.
[+]
By probot85 2021-02-16 00:02:30  
The cor sets seem out of date. Would any career COR's mind sharing some 2021 sets? TP Set,Ranged TO set, Savage set, Leaden set, Last Stand, & Wildfire set? Please and Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2021-02-16 00:07:45  
The cor sets seem out of date. Would any career COR's mind sharing some 2021 sets? TP Set,Ranged TO set, Savage set, Leaden set, Last Stand, & Wildfire set? Please and Thank you.
Why do you think they're out of date? Arislan does a pretty good job of keeping them current.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-02-16 00:17:30  

only thing out of date is odyssey belt in a trueshot situation and the new gear ranked as a very slight upgrade/sidegrade
By Korgull 2021-02-16 00:47:42  

I just read the sets you wrote about. Can't find anything wrong lol
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2021-02-16 08:57:40  
FYI, site database hasn't been updated since before unique Odyssey gear came out.

No new sets until after that happens.
[+]
By probot85 2021-02-16 09:57:51  
My apologies I am still learning COR and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be working towards outdated sets. Thank you all for your input. I will stick to the guide and work towards the sets in the guide.
 Lakshmi.Veika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2021-02-22 09:57:52  
What would be a huge priority for a COR coming back? I don't have any of the new Dynamis or Ambuscade weapons gear. I also don't have amy of the RMEA weapons. Last thing I was working on was Omen gear and finishing the trial gun for TP bonus. Fettering Blade/Demersal Degen +1/Compensator is what I'm currently using for weapons.

Things I remember focusing on before quitting:
Trial TP Gun
Max Job points
Omen stuff
Secondary JSE capes

If I had to guess I should be spamming Ambuscade, max out job points, and work on mythic weapon?

Thank you.
By Veydal1 2021-02-22 10:17:38  
You've got the right of it. TP bonus gun is going to be your bread and butter in a lot of situations paired with Kaja Sword / Naegling. Huge increase in damage output and you'll be using it a lot. Definitely make use of the gear sets in this guide for progressing. It's really useful.

There's a CP campaign at the moment, so you have a week left to cap out on Job Points. I'd start there ASAP and get yourself set with that.

Only a couple drops from omen I can think of off the top of my head:
* Regal Necklace (Ou)
* Dingr Ring (Gin)
* Nusku Shield (Glass Craver)
* Kyou Scale for body at least(Kyou :O) (along with 60 cards from scratch to take to +3)

Ambu for capes as well. You shouldn't have much trouble getting into Ambu most months (this month excluded) as a roll COR that can also drop decent Savage Blades.
By Whynez 2021-02-25 14:00:10  
For the ikenga pieces in the guide, do those pull ahead at base version or fully augmented?
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-02-25 14:50:21  
Is there an up to date spreadsheet? I figured body would be considered upgrade over malig auged. Hat for Last stand is interesting if attack high enough.

I was wondering about ikenga body vs af3 at attack cap and crit belt vs tellen with arma when on trueshot spot (Need to see if can automate trueshot in GS)
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 15:48:55  
Hades.Dade said: »
and crit belt vs tellen with arma when on trueshot spot (Need to see if can automate trueshot in GS)

White damage calc
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-02-25 16:21:38  
SimonSes said: »
Hades.Dade said: »
and crit belt vs tellen with arma when on trueshot spot (Need to see if can automate trueshot in GS)

White damage calc

interesting. that wont capture stp diff but even with white dmg answer is yes. purely white dmg getting tellen ahead and pickup stp

edit: isk boots > oshosi in trueshot trip shot seems wild to me
 Lakshmi.Zaps
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2021-02-26 14:05:48  

Pic

better then HQ carmine? assume BIS raw damage set
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-26 14:17:09  
yes
By zixxer 2021-03-04 05:45:08  
Thank you for updating bis for midshot on OP.
By SimonSes 2021-03-04 07:40:51  
Lakshmi.Zaps said: »

Pic

better then HQ carmine? assume BIS raw damage set

Raw damage is almost the same, but this has macc.
[+]
By Haorhu8 2021-03-04 09:02:33  
Ikenga set IS a preshot set love it !
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-04 11:13:17  
There are better preshot pieces for every slot then Ikenga
[+]
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-07 13:37:50  
So.. melee tp neck is shown as Iskur in the guide...

Is that really the best option? It feels so bad to use a 30racc/30ratk piece on there....
By Nariont 2021-03-07 14:04:49  
CORs got quite a few options, iskur provides the most tp generation(STP) in that slot while not considering acc needs, its basically aina collar without the acc drop. if acc is a concern theres combatant's or Clotharius/lissome to use instead
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-07 22:23:42  
Is there an updated spreadsheet, cant fine one with anything added since 18 rather not add a ton of gear if someone already did.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 121 122 123