2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-12-17 00:14:53  
Hades.Dade said: »
Have you had an issues with getting owned with ranged animation lock while blink tanking? Kind of feared that and have been going with melee+Last Stand the couple times I wasn't kiting.

From my experience it's only an issue during pd. Because you will be the only person having hate.

Other time cor doesn't get hate often enough with high ra delay.

If you are worried just be extra careful during pd. Click ra when 3 shadows are up etc.
By SimonSes 2018-12-17 07:21:40  
Afania have you tried Arma without WSing? In theory i dont see the point in wsing if ra rounds do more than 99k damage and have no ws delay.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-12-17 11:53:44  
How well would a fully buffed Hot Shot stack up for this? You have to admit, it would be amusing to see 199,998 WS numbers on screen if possible. XD
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-12-17 11:58:03  
COR/RNG Barrage and pray you don't get endeathed. Maximize epeen or bust.
By Afania 2018-12-17 12:08:46  
SimonSes said: »
Afania have you tried Arma without WSing? In theory i dont see the point in wsing if ra rounds do more than 99k damage and have no ws delay.

I tried that in the very first run, didn't parse well. The problem is that my ws almost always hit 99999 but white damage varies a lot. Some runs I can hit over 60k a shot and sometimes it drop below 10k, while ws remains 99999. So in that case I find wsing is a safer choice because 9k a shot doesn't do more than 99999 dmg.

I do not know why white damage varies this much besides pdif drop when dia/full break wear or something.

Unless I can find a way to stay at high pdif consistently, it's probably safer to ws to ensure 99999 dmg after every attack round.

I guess we should try using a geo instead of rdm next run. Geo may not make a difference for none empy users but it should help empy users.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-17 12:13:10  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
COR/RNG Barrage and pray you don't get endeathed. Maximize epeen or bust.

Or just rng/nin, gets shadows and better barrage, lol.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-12-17 14:14:01  
Also if you are SCing (which you should be) that is 99k x2 which is pretty hard to beat I would imagine in one round of swings.
By Afania 2018-12-17 14:20:56  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Also if you are SCing (which you should be) that is 99k x2 which is pretty hard to beat I would imagine in one round of swings.

With 4 people wsing and scing randomly it's pretty hard to say. If I don't SC then another person probably will.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-12-17 14:34:42  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
AM3 plus a crit rate set.... savage.

Savage? I thought we were talking about shooting? :P
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-12-17 14:39:21  
Afania said: »
Sylph.Dravidian said: »

With 4 people wsing and scing randomly it's pretty hard to say. If I don't SC then another person probably will.

Yeah, I guess I just assumed all WS being used would be ones that can sc with each other.
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-12-17 20:12:10  
Nyarlko said: »
How well would a fully buffed Hot Shot stack up for this? You have to admit, it would be amusing to see 199,998 WS numbers on screen if possible. XD

went in on ve with my scrub geo mule, could only push like 13k @3k with chaos/sam/frailty/malaise/acumen
By Afania 2018-12-17 20:22:00  

went in on ve with my scrub geo mule, could only push like 13k @3k with chaos/sam/frailty/malaise/acumen

I'am never able to see high number hot shot on anything that's not apex. This hot shot hype should die already D;
By Nyarlko 2018-12-17 20:51:31  

I'am never able to see high number hot shot on anything that's not apex. This hot shot hype should die already D;

Did not say it was good, only that it would be amusing. :3
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-12-17 22:40:35  

Eh, seems reasonable enough to test. The mob is so absurdly soft figured would hit or break damage cap with it.
By Afania 2018-12-19 00:43:20  
Decided to make a list of currently best(that I know of) melee weapon combo list because I think it's getting confusing at this point.....

Melee leaden/wf: Rostam B/eletta dagger

Savage blade/req: Sapara+1/blurred +1

Aeolian edge: Rostam B/eletta dagger or maybe blurred +1 if ws one or two shots fodder.

Shooting last stand spam: Rostam A/odium or kustawi +1

Shooting leaden spam: Rostam A/eletta (if closing SC in mage pt and TS up then probably eletta x2 because 3000 tp)

Shooting wf spam: Likely rostam A/eletta if using wizards/allies roll. I cant quite 4 hit in my TS set even with stp gear in every other slot. Best I got is 247 tp per shot and 192 tp return from ws.

Eletta x2 probably wins for wf closing 4 step in mage pt though, since wf doesn't benefit from tp overflow. And it should be easy to hit 1000 tp before sc.

That being said, I actually used fettering/rostam in ambu VD this month because that's the only way to meet the 1500 racc requirement without any prelude nor SV in max TS/crit set, while still main handing a sword for 99999 savage blade at 1000 tp. So don't toss old fettering yet D:
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2018-12-19 01:18:47  
Decided to make a list of currently best(that I know of) melee weapon combo list because I think it's getting confusing at this point.....

Melee leaden/wf: Rostam B/eletta dagger

Savage blade/req: Sapara+1/blurred

Aeolian edge: Rostam B/eletta dagger or maybe blurred +1 if ws one or two shots fodder.

Shooting last stand spam: Rostam A/odium or kustawi +1

Shooting leaden spam: Rostam A/eletta (if closing SC in mage pt and TS up then probably eletta x2 because 3000 tp)

Shooting wf spam: Likely rostam A/eletta if using wizards/allies roll. I cant quite 4 hit in my TS set even with stp gear in every other slot. Best I got is 247 tp per shot and 192 tp return from ws.

Eletta x2 probably wins for wf closing 4 step in mage pt though, since wf doesn't benefit from tp overflow. And it should be easy to hit 1000 tp before sc.

That being said, I actually used fettering/rostam in ambu VD this month because that's the only way to meet the 1500 racc requirement without any prelude nor SV, while still main handing a sword for 99999 savage blade at 1000 tp. So don't toss old fettering yet D:

From experience, always mule your ra/ex stuff! :3 Never know when it can come in handy..
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-12-19 03:40:30  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
So don't toss old fettering yet D:

From experience, always mule your ra/ex stuff! :3 Never know when it can come in handy..

+ it's not everybody that can afford a 200mGil weapon ;)
By Nyarlko 2018-12-19 11:30:46  

You should clarify that "Eletta x2" means "Sword & Dagger". R/Ex and some people are not-so-smart and will get confused as to how they should equip 2x of the same R/Ex weapons. XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-19 16:13:28  
DirectX said: »
Hope Eletta+2 out dates sapara+1

My prediction for final stats, assuming that they stay R/Ex and no augments get added: MAB+30~40, MDmg+300~400. These weapons were implemented specifically to address magic damage related stats.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-20 03:40:14  
So cor can solo dyna wave 1 boss with 5 trusts. Entire fight took about 5.5 min alternating leaden and wf. Pretty boring fight tbh, just spam the same 2 ws from far away over and over with pretty much no risk at dying.

If your returning player friends need relic +3 clear get them clears on cor!
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-12-20 09:37:11  
How the heck do you keep from getting hate?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-20 10:30:03  
Magic ws give hate based on the pre-affinity/mab damage, i believe. They dont get much to begin wirh.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-20 10:55:48  
honestly I've been rebuilding my roll sets from their previous concept of just throw in any +phantom roll duration/potency gear available on top of current gear, to now using a roll set loaded with -emnity in the free slots. In longer fights that require re-rolling and you're DD'ing, I've found myself pulling hate during roll cycles because I'm already riding high.

But magical WSs are so much easier on the hate than physical as comeatmebro stated. Yes, you'll eventually cap out (frequently happens with RNGs on Keis using a SCH+RNG tactic where the RNG is only really using Trueflight), but its a lot more forgiving and definitely takes longer than Last Stand or Savage Blade.
By Nariont 2018-12-20 12:56:08  
since its being brought up, how much hate does rolls give?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-20 12:59:54  
80 VE per target hit on both initial roll and double up, so a 6 person roll>double is about half a provoke. I wouldn't imagine it's more than your white damage gives in most situations.
By Nariont 2018-12-20 13:03:36  
good to know, thanks for the quick reply.
By Afania 2018-12-20 13:06:25  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
honestly I've been rebuilding my roll sets from their previous concept of just throw in any +phantom roll duration/potency gear available on top of current gear, to now using a roll set loaded with -emnity in the free slots. In longer fights that require re-rolling and you're DD'ing, I've found myself pulling hate during roll cycles because I'm already riding high.

But magical WSs are so much easier on the hate than physical as comeatmebro stated. Yes, you'll eventually cap out (frequently happens with RNGs on Keis using a SCH+RNG tactic where the RNG is only really using Trueflight), but its a lot more forgiving and definitely takes longer than Last Stand or Savage Blade.

I default enmity-5 merit because I rarely play tank anymore, and enemy crit hit rate - doesn't seem useful unless I'm tanking since majority of dmg came from aoe.

That being said, unless I'm shooting I rarely have an issue with hate though. Most things dont last long enough to cap hate, except wave 3 boss which war and drk will cap way before cor.

On anything weaker war and drk are likely to get hate before cor too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-12-20 13:24:12  
If you're doing Sealed Fate, you will definitely want any and all Enmity- in your roll and double up sets. :D
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 121 122 123