言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-04-04 08:33:42  
I would probably do 1 resist, 1 mdt-, 1 pdt- for melee for different targets. Not sure if parry/counter is even worth it since I'm team /NIN for melee, and shadows just makes parry/counter less relevant.

I can see it being more useful for team /dnc maybe? Possible to cap pdt- in other slots then get a bit more parry on top of that for extra survivability when waltz blinks are down. But for team /nin, physical dmg especially normal attacks are harmless, and magic DMG are worse imo.
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-04-05 16:18:35  
yes im debating between my tp cape to be mdt or dt but cant decide..... im /nin mostly so the mdt seems relevant.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-05 18:09:52  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Any ideas on how to make preshots better? This is what i've figured out to be best for me currently.

You can gain 4 more rapid shot in your first two sets by swapping Taeon Chapeau & Pursuer's Gaiters combo (Snap+10/Rapid+10) for Chasseur's Tricorne +1 & Meghanada Jambeaux +2 (Snap+10/Rapid+14).
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-06 01:39:09  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
yes im debating between my tp cape to be mdt or dt but cant decide..... im /nin mostly so the mdt seems relevant.

For the hybrid tp back(the one with DW) I put dt- on it in the end. 5% DT- happened to cap my mdt- with whm shell V in that set, which seems nice. Since my hybrid set already has very high pdt- before back I feel it's already safe from physical attacks, so 5 is good enough.

For regular tp back I'm going to do pdt- and mdt- each, then pick one depending on NM. It seems like NM in this game either has very strong physical attack or very strong magical attack, but rarely both at once.

Since my regular tp back has low dt- to begin with, 5 dt- doesn't seem high enough. Would rather want back pieces that excel in one situation instead.

I have 12 cor back so that's good 4+ months until augments done......
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-10 22:00:34  
Legit torn on which damage- to get for the TP cape.

Shell Dring and Loricate+1 are already damn near cap. PDT is less useful, but "harder" to cap.

Trying to think of all the times PDT would've mattered, not really thinking of any where a pdt hybrid set matters for a cor.

All but one caturae TP moves are magic. Ambuscade is the majority of the time magic. Where would you get good use out of PDT/DT (from aoe damage). Aside from Diabolic Claw. And counters.

This month; magic
Moogle; magic
Dullahan; magic
Mamool; PDT, but shadows
Meeble; ... nothing really
Frog; magic
Qutrub; shadows and magic
QQ; neither Mdt or PDT but magic for bombs
Sahagin; no idea, slummed that one, nothing dangerous
Relic/Fomors; Magic
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-04-10 22:40:18  
How often are you wearing DT neck/rings is kind of the question. If you use react or other tools to hot swap into DT gear 100% then MDT capes kind of lose value. I'm not a huge fan of it so I went with MDT on my TP cape. If you do use those kind of tools can probably just use status resist or PDT to make DT set better.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-10 23:18:01  
I just hate making the decision. I don't want 10 capes, I want like 2. So, only going to have a tp/dt aug and a savage/mayberegen.

Makes it harder to pick, reallllllllllllly hoping react add-on will remove the actor to make it easier to use. It's labor-intensive (lol) to put fu uses, kin uses, gin uses, ou uses, kei uses, kyou uses... when they all do the same moves and i want the same thing to happen when each one does.
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-04-10 23:27:33  
if you use react can probably safely just have status resist on normal TP cape then a DT cape in your fullDT swap and hybrid set? Im not a fan of that level of automation which means ill prob end up making 3-4 capes =/
By Afania 2018-04-11 00:28:41  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
This month; magic

I thought this month is mostly physical?(with silence)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-11 00:44:47  
I mean like, you only take damage from Veil of whatever, which is magic or the BLM nukes. Or counters. As a Cor.

Veil of Disarray/Chaos is magic, I've seen the RUN ability let the whole party absorb it.
By hobo 2018-04-18 17:02:35  
So lets say I hate oseem, and have full relic and af +3. What good are the relic +3 pants for? Mid acc last stands? Less acc than af+3, but more ratk. Really I am just looking for a reason to justify them besides full set
By Boshi 2018-04-18 17:05:18  
savage, requi
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-18 17:12:16  
If you hate yourself enough to spend 300m on those 5 relic+3 you could've gotten some killer augments
By Afania 2018-04-18 17:29:31  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you hate yourself enough to spend 300m on those 5 relic+3 you could've gotten some killer augments

A couple of Useful augments worth keeping? Probably yes.

Augments happened to beat relic +3 for their specific purpose in that specific slot? I doubt it.

DM cap at 50 mab too, so no matter what body isn't getting replaced for things like QD.

Plus they don't quite cost 40m each since papers are cheaper.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-18 17:39:50  
hobo said: »
So lets say I hate oseem, and have full relic and af +3. What good are the relic +3 pants for? Mid acc last stands? Less acc than af+3, but more ratk. Really I am just looking for a reason to justify them besides full set

Maybe only mid acc Last Stand in underbuffed/solo situations where that extra att would come into play.

Adhemar Kecks and Meghanada Chausses +2 both have more AGI (and Kecks have STP for TP-return/overflow)... I'm thinking those would come out equal or ahead in decently buffed situations/group play.

Not really sure there's a strong case for making Trews atm. Maybe if they come up with some set bonus down the line. Right now, I can't think of anything.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-19 21:35:38  
Posted this on general posting here too thanks in advance

Hello having a little issue when trying to upgrade to +1 hands on COR for my alt but when I try trading the items needed to Monisette:
15 etched memories
1 macuil horn
8 chapters #8
Chasseur’s gants
She just take the chapters back, not sure if this is a glitch.

I know the requirements are to beat the 5 main bosses in vagary plus the quest “the truth beckons”, and this is the part that makes no sense I already got the Ebers set 5/5 +1, so Im at a loss here as to why I cant progress to finish the empy COR hands, has anyone had something similar happened to them, dont know what else to do other than slap monisette lol.
By hobo 2018-04-19 21:50:41  
When you talk to monisette ask about available reforges just to double check that they list reforging the chasseur gear as an option. That will also tell you if something is super messed up and they want something else.

If its an available reforge and says the right mats then we can at least narrow down the issue.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-20 06:49:25  
It does say it and since i already got ebers mitts +1 you would think she will do it. I’ll try again tonight
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-26 12:57:09  
Sorry about the delayed response, issue with the reforged hands was that I already had the +1 cor hands but for the life of me when I checked with //findall it did nor show .....

Thanks as usual
user: Lilfrosty
By Asura.Krunchymuffin 2018-04-27 06:33:30  
Hi^^

For the Savage Blade sets, don't I need to wear both Fotia Gorget and Belt? I see you just have the gorget listed. Was just wondering :)?

Thanks!
By emerle 2018-04-27 07:31:06  
Gorget isn’t that great for savage blade there just really isn’t any good option.

Reason why you don’t use belt is because Proslio Belt +1, compared to the options afforded in the neck slot, is significantly better.

That is why you just use one. Shitty options for neck.
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-27 09:05:47  
Asura.Krunchymuffin said: »
Hi^^

For the Savage Blade sets, don't I need to wear both Fotia Gorget and Belt? I see you just have the gorget listed. Was just wondering :)?

Thanks!

Caro necklace is ok for neck if attack is not capped, but if you consider tp return proc chance fotia neck should still win.

If attack is capped then gorget is BiS in terms of dmg.

For waist metal singer belt if attack capped, Proslio Belt +1 if uncapped.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-29 14:56:17  
Pirate PSA: second phase of the May campaigns (May 16-28) includes Kupon AW-WK for WKR wins. Ex, not rare. Can be reassuring to have a stash of those hoarded for Animikii Bullets, just in case you are prone to accidentally firing them off, encounter lua scripting/lag issues, whatever.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-04-29 16:26:11  
Does COR get any good multisteps with Gun or Sword, or even with both? Trying to solo Gin with trusts and wanted to know if 2-step or 3-step would be better.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-29 23:15:46  
Leaden > Savage > Last Stand? Can work if you're not concerned about being in close for Savage.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-29 23:55:56  
Savage-->Last Stand-->Last Stand
Req/Swift Blade-->Savage-->Last Stand--> Last Stand
Hot Shot/Red Lotus-->Numbing Shot-->Savage-->Last Stand
Numbing-->Last Stand-->Last Stand-->Last Stand

Leaden on a Caturae is lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-30 00:18:37  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Leaden on a Caturae is lol

Fair enough, so I'll add that you could also replace Leaden with Wildfire in my example.

Worth noting that you are assuming Fomalhaut in your first and third possibilities. Honestly, if you're assuming Fomal it's probably just as good to simply spam Last Stand asit is mucking around with stuff like Numbing.

Also possibly worth noting that dagger may provide some viable options:
Evisceration -> Exenterator -> Last Stand -> (and tack another Last Stand on there with Fomal) ?
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-30 00:40:25  
he has a foma sooooo
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-30 02:01:42  
OK, but maybe not everyone reading who might have some interest in COR solo multisteps does (or is always using it)? Can't see how it's not helpful to note SCs that are weapon-specific. Some good suggestions from you though!
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-30 02:06:21  
it's an answer to a specific question from a specific person
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 121 122 123