言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI HD Mods
FFXI HD Mods
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 46 47 48
By RadialArcana 2020-06-01 17:02:34  
Adhemar / Jovian body and hat for all races.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BmubRq7GAWpxASB-M46mulgegetBlNiY/view?usp=sharing
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 05:15:03  
Spent an hour making pretty wings for Tartarus Platemail and found out the modding tools don't properly convert the alpha portions in pallette textures :(
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 09:55:54  
Tartarus Platemail for all races

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ur1bJNlmb-AjU4TcJdKjHrXdAK_xbYn0/view?usp=sharing

Upgraded the armor part, left the wings as they are originally since there is a problem with modding those kinds of alpha textures.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-08 10:32:15  
Is it in ROM
By RadialArcana 2020-06-08 11:36:14  
Tartarus? yeah, rom/327 or 236 depending on race.

Rom is where almost everything goes, others are expansion folders
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-09 14:23:33  
If any are interested in a dedicated modding sub-forum, please like this thread:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54935/a-modding-sub-forum/#3520554
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-14 07:07:53  

reposting cor rolls mod from other post
[+]
 Pandemonium.Mijin
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Mijin1
By Pandemonium.Mijin 2020-06-22 04:21:23  
Asura.Kigen said: »
Out of curiosity is anyone else experiencing crashes when going under the bridge(s) in Bastok mines?

I've been experiencing the exact same thing. Walk under the bridges in Bastok Mines and crash. Happens to me 100% of the time. I've only noticed it recently because I began leveling alchemy. I would imagine it also happens in Dynamis Bastok.

I've managed to narrow it down to this specific spot at I-6/I-7 when you pointing the camera in view of the door of this house:

This leads me to believe it's something inside this house.

Additionally, I've replicated the problem on multiple computers using the rom found here that includes HD Bastok Mines, Marker, Port, Metalworks, and Dynamis. I've only experienced the crashing in that one specific spot in the Mines though.

UPDATE: After reverting to the original dat files for Bastok Mines (ROM/1/34) the crash still happens, so as it was pointed out by someone else, the issue isn't with the zone, but instead is with some other object, but I can't begin to imagine which. I may have to just give up and stop using HD mods altogether. :(

It may also be worth mentioning that about a year ago I experienced the same exact problem while being near the outpost in North Gustaberg. If I was anywhere close to it at nighttime I would crash 100% of the time; oddly never during the day though. I took some time away from the game, and then recently a few months ago I came back. I checked the forums here and saw that someone has updated the HD Gustaberg zones; I replaced them with that and it fixed the problem.

I'd love to know the solution to this if anyone has one.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-22 06:22:51  
Did you install my zip files or someone else's bundle?

I cannot replicate this crash, I'm assuming you're running East under the bridge? what exact spot does it crash.

It's possibly an NPC, I could give you some files to swap back to original to test.
 Pandemonium.Mijin
By Pandemonium.Mijin 2020-06-22 06:34:58  
RadialArcana said: »
Did you install my zip files or someone else's bundle?

I cannot replicate this crash, I'm assuming you're running East under the bridge? what exact spot does it crash.

It's possibly an NPC, I could give you some files to swap back to original to test.

From your Zip file I believe, and then various others found throughout the pages of this thread, or maybe I never downloaded a compiled zipfile at all and just downloaded many individuals from parsing through all 35 pages. I've installed quite a lot found here. I Also installed some Amelila's found here on youtube.

Since I made that post a bit ago, I've also tried reverting back to the originals of the Furniture and Crystal mods on the off chance it was either of those, but no luck.

The exact crash happens at this location, specifically, it seems to happen when looking at this door. I've managed to sneak by it as long as I don't look in this general direction.
My leading hypothosis is that it has something to do with this NPC, but I cant imagine what:
By RadialArcana 2020-06-22 06:57:31  
I use most of the mods I've posted here and I can't get a crash to happen at all.

That npc is rom/4/20.dat

What I personally use for mods is an addon called ffxipivot, this allows you to store all mods in a separate folder (so you keep all original files intact) and turn them on and off with a windower command.
 Pandemonium.Mijin
By Pandemonium.Mijin 2020-06-22 07:58:51  
I use most of the mods I've posted here and I can't get a crash to happen at all.

That npc is rom/4/20.dat

What I personally use for mods is an addon called ffxipivot, this allows you to store all mods in a separate folder (so you keep all original files intact) and turn them on and off with a windower command.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is, I tried replacing that NPC's dat, no luck there either (also lol that his dat is 4/20). Thanks anyway for trying to help. I'm sure it's gotta be something inside that room because I can get really close to it before I crash. Once I get about 2-3 Yalms away from that door is when my game crashes.

I also found it odd that when I log into another computer with no dat mods, and move my character away to a safe distance away from the door, no matter how far, I have to completely leave the zone before it will let me log back in on the computer that's experiencing the issue.

I'm using Ashita, so xipivot isn't an option for me, but if I recall correctly there is some Ashita alternative to that. I was just taking the lazy route and hoping for the best. After I reinstall the game tomorrow I will get it worked out with that so I don't have to overwrite anything this time like I should have to begin with.

Would you point me to the direction of your mega pack? I found some by others, but I'm having a hard time finding yours, and I read that you did some filsize reductions so that interests me.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-22 08:10:07  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53575/xipivot-rom-mods-without-overwriting-originals/

I think they make it for windower and ashita.

I would suggest installing mods from groups and not all at once from mega packs, which is why I never made one. It gives you more control over what you're putting in. Something I would be selective of would be the REMA / shield etc mods, you won't even use or see most of them so it's pointless bloat imo.

The smaller mods I made of Amelilas zone mods are at the bottom of the first post, it's quoted from my original account.
 Pandemonium.Mijin
By Pandemonium.Mijin 2020-06-23 02:45:26  
After replacing all of the ROMs back to the originals, and installing FFXIPivot, I used the megapack that Onimenokyo's posted on page 34, just for now, until I have time to recollect everything I want and make their own folders for FFXIPivot so I can turn each one on and off in case there are problems in the future.

The crash no longer occurs, but since I wasn't able to get the Darkbringer's fonts working with FFXIPivot (I think the game loads the fonts too soon maybe before the addon actually loads?) I believe it's more likely than anything else that it was the fonts causing the crash somehow. Seems very strange, but I can't imagine what else it could have been since this megapack seems to contain everything I was using already.

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Could I please check if anyone knows how I can go about in segregating a specific category in the all in one Mega Pack?

I need to do this too because according to the readme in Onimenokyo's megapack, there seems to be things included there not found on these forums that I may have an interest in using.

There should be a way to open dats in Atlanta Viewer to see what they are, but I haven't figured it out yet. I remember there used to be a way to do it with Model Viewer back in the day when I was messing around with making my own dats.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-24 15:10:50  
Ambuscade and Inner Horuto Ruins v3

Ambuscade Zone 1 & 2, Inner Horuto Ruins updated with proper HD textures. Mhaura is in the zip too but it's the same as the last one currently.

https://tinyurl.com/y7q7u6b9

Square added a new additional zone for ambuscade a while back, so the old mod didn't work 50% of the time. Updated the textures to be "proper HD" and did the new ambuscade zone too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-06-28 21:17:03  

That npc is rom/4/20.dat

You have never gotten a crash when zoning into an one of the HD zones? I've had to revert back to the originals for Reisenjima and Mhaura which is really jarring now to see those old nasty textures. I don't know why some zones never crash while some do.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-29 00:30:05  
Carbuncle.Razziel said: »

That npc is rom/4/20.dat

You have never gotten a crash when zoning into an one of the HD zones? I've had to revert back to the originals for Reisenjima and Mhaura which is really jarring now to see those old nasty textures. I don't know why some zones never crash while some do.

I've never crashed, never had black screen even once no. I quad box on Asura even without issue too. This even with mods that are far larger when I'm working on them compared to the ones I end up posting.

It could be an issue with Dgvoodoo maybe (never used this), since it is made without mods in mind. Either that or the problem maybe due to installing all the REMA mods, people zone into an area with a lot of idle people with all these REMA mods and it maybe causes issues (I only have a handful installed). REMA mods should be selectively installed honestly, it's pointless to install a mod for a REMA you don't even own for instance.

I rarely share most of my mods anymore honestly, the crash issues some seem to have that I never do got a bit annoying since I can't replicate the issues to fix it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-06-29 01:37:11  
Dgvoodoo could very well be the issue honestly. I do use it. I wonder if everyone getting crashes can confirm.
 Asura.Yizzy
サーバ: Asura
user: Kohh
By Asura.Yizzy 2020-07-09 09:53:42  
Getting black screen on Lower Jeuno and Reisen. Did i do something wrong?
 Lakshmi.Wishmoon
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wishmoon
By Lakshmi.Wishmoon 2020-07-09 14:35:24  
Same here.
Black Screen in Lower Jeuno and Reisenjema, after update.
Any idea how to fix this ?
By RadialArcana 2020-07-09 15:52:39  
Are you both using DGVoodoo?

I've used all these mods for a long time (the ones I made in this thread), far bigger sizes sometimes than what I post and I have literally never had this happen one time.

I don't use reshade or DGvoodoo.
 Asura.Yizzy
user: Kohh
By Asura.Yizzy 2020-07-09 21:00:19  
ah ya thats looks to be the reason
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-07-12 01:19:18  
Asura.Yizzy said: »
ah ya thats looks to be the reason

what fixed it? Getting rid of Dgvoodoo? Or Reshade?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-07-12 01:20:28  
Also, what is recommended affinity set at for most? I saw debate way back when that single core is best while others said to use all cores... Any input from those with good frame rates and not having any crash issues?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-12 11:09:25  
It could be an issue with Dgvoodoo maybe (never used this), since it is made without mods in mind.

DgVoodoo2 has nothing to do with mods or not mods, it's not even for FFXI but for any older DirectX game. All it does is convert the older game's graphics language to DX11 which works on modern OS's / Graphics cards.

Now back in those days lots of developers did very bad things that were outside of the DX specification but worked anyway. When proxying that to DX11 it can cause glitches and this is why Dege has a thread open to fix such issues by adding a compatibility layer to get things to work. FFXI's Playonline launcher was one of those games, I think it was doing weird stuff with DirectDraw causing it not to work right with the proxy.

If a specific mod is breaking something, then it's because it's violating some DX8.1 rule and Dege hasn't written compatibility in for that specific issue (he's done it for hundreds so far).
By RadialArcana 2020-07-12 11:56:27  
All these mods do is increase the size of the textures in zones or whatever is being modded, nothing else.

I have never had these blackscreen issues on muitlple computers, but others have. The main differences are, I don't use reshade and dgvoodoo.

I don't know if Reshade can be the issue, I've never used it and don't intend to.
I don't normally use DGvoodoo but I'm testing it right now, the reason I thought it might be due to that is because of the Vram setting in the Dx tab (using mods increases the amount of video ram needed by ffxi way higher than it ever would be normally) and some saying you had to fiddle with that setting if you multiboxed because it would cause FFXI to not start or something.

So maybe if using mods that setting needs to be higher or lower, whichever could be causing the issue.

Mipmapping setting could also impact it, since mipmapping lowers Vram use when it uses smaller textures on far away objects instead of the full size textures.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-12 12:29:22  
All these mods do is increase the size of the textures in zones or whatever is being modded, nothing else.

I have never had these blackscreen issues on muitlple computers, but others have. The main differences are, I don't use reshade and dgvoodoo.

I don't know if Reshade can be the issue, I've never used it and don't intend to.
I don't normally use DGvoodoo but I'm testing it right now, the reason I thought it might be due to that is because of the Vram setting in the Dx tab (using mods increases the amount of video ram needed by ffxi way higher than it ever would be normally) and some saying you had to fiddle with that setting if you multiboxed because it would cause FFXI to not start or something.

So maybe if using mods that setting needs to be higher or lower, whichever could be causing the issue.

Mipmapping setting could also impact it, since mipmapping lowers Vram use when it uses smaller textures on far away objects instead of the full size textures.

The VRAM setting is very important, I recommend it be set to 1024MB at a minimum but better to be 1536 to 2048MB. Dap did a video on it but basically.

General Tab
Output API: Best
Adapter: All (unless needed to fix Intel sillyness)
Full Screen Output: Default
Appearance: Windowed (Unspecified)
Miscellaneous:
Keep Window Aspect: Checked
Capture mouse: Checked

DirectX Tab
Videocard: dgVoodoo Virtual 3D (the others are for compatibility with very old games)
VRAM: 1536 (what I have)
Filtering: Force anisotropic 8x
Resolution: Unforced
Behavior:
Application controlled fullscreen:Checked
Disable Alt-Enter:Checked
Antialiasing (MSAA): OFF
Miscellaneous:
Fast video memory: Checked

Should get everything working without issue. Currently I'm using version 2.63.2.0

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

For reshade I'm using version 4.6.1
[+]
 Bahamut.Orinthia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2020-07-12 14:01:24  
dgvoodoo is closer to emulating a graphics card than just wrapping/translating old dx to new. Atom0s's and reshade's dx wrappers are pretty much just translation layers, no where near as heavy lifting as dgvoodoo. Though that was the point of dgvoodoo, emulating old voodoo gfx cards to get voodoo glide api games to work on modern hardware.

Reshade's has no config, just copy and done.
https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases is reshade's repo (currently v1.11.0 from feb 2020).
https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=855 Atom0's release thread. Atom0s's tends to work without needing to mess with its config, but it'd just be to deal with shadows messing up. Also seems to help get older dual gfx laptops to get their dedicated cards to work with the game (did for my 2011 amd dual gfx laptop at least where dgvoodoo wouldn't).

Anyone with a modern vid card stands to gain a ton of performance from using any of these (rehade's, atom0s', dgvoodoo).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-07-12 19:16:39  
So I take it no one messes with how many cores the game runs on?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-12 21:47:24  
Bahamut.Orinthia said: »
dgvoodoo is closer to emulating a graphics card than just wrapping/translating old dx to new. Atom0s's and reshade's dx wrappers are pretty much just translation layers, no where near as heavy lifting as dgvoodoo. Though that was the point of dgvoodoo, emulating old voodoo gfx cards to get voodoo glide api games to work on modern hardware.

Reshade's has no config, just copy and done.
https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases is reshade's repo (currently v1.11.0 from feb 2020).
https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=855 Atom0's release thread. Atom0s's tends to work without needing to mess with its config, but it'd just be to deal with shadows messing up. Also seems to help get older dual gfx laptops to get their dedicated cards to work with the game (did for my 2011 amd dual gfx laptop at least where dgvoodoo wouldn't).

Anyone with a modern vid card stands to gain a ton of performance from using any of these (rehade's, atom0s', dgvoodoo).

Remember dgVoodoo was made to enable older games to work on modern Windows / Graphics cards, just translating to DX11 won't be enough as many of those game did weird things with display / resolution / memory. I use dgVoodoo on a bunch of older games, including Might and Magic VI, which goes nuclear on any modern card, and for each one I need to tune the settings a bit differently. Like you can play the original Diablo and Diablo II using DgVoodo2 and it's amazing.

Also Atomos and Reshade are D3D8 to D3D9 proxies, this is possible because of how similar those versions are. Windows actually does this anyway buuuut... Microsoft sucks at it. dgVoodoo does all versions of DirectX and includes DirectDraw. DX11 is far different then DX9, so different that you can't go straight there and need to emulate the session first. MM6 for example doesn't use any D3Dx.dll and instead calls DDRAW.DLL while they run a software emulator in. MM7 does call D3D but is kinda bad at it so dgVoodoo makes it very stable. Wizardry 8 calls D3D7 but has limited resolution and screen mode support, dgVoodoo lets it run windowed. Dege has a beta DX9 to DX11 wrapper available as Microsoft is letting that rot in place.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 46 47 48