users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 28 29 30
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-02-09 21:09:33  
Did the first run after maintenance ended. Wasn't able to kill boss because was figuring it popped near AH or by MH. Mini-boss pops west of the starting point at the zone to Windurst Waters (bottom right of C-6).

As for weaknesses, not really sure how these work this time around. I did notice a peculiar damage spike on certain mobs from specific weapon types. Slashing was doing a lot of damage from the Cor spamming Savage Blade (averaging 30k). Whenever I fought Ninja mobs on my thf, stacked Rudra's would do up to 56k but on other mobs was barely breaking 12k.

Maybe the weakness is dependant on the damage type (blunt, piercing, slashing) and the mob's job? Just a theory. The damage didn't seem to alter much from green or blue statues so kinda just guessing at this point how things work.

Statue mobs are true sight and only do Seismostomp and conal curse attack (really weak, maybe -20% hp/mp) and do not cast magic. The mini-boss I'm guessing behaves the same way as previous ones in other zones with high tp regain spamming both stomp and curse with no magic.

As for the true boss of the zone (Yagudo HNM), I can say with certainty that the pop spot for him is the Mog House entrance at (C-13). There's nothing there on initial pop so it looks like a very potential spot for it to be there.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2018-02-09 21:16:41  
Pre Midboss

Squadron Mobs
1 hoplite(war) magian ascentic(mnk) and orisha(smn)
2 champion(drg/pld) ruffian(thf) prognosticator(run/rdm)
3 empath(bst) minnisinger(brd/sam) spy(nin)
4 minnisinger, prognosticator orisha magian(blm)
5 spy privateer(sch) minnisinger
6 champion ruffian hopilate privateer
NM 1 empath leader(bst), (leaders kraken)
7 hopelite ascentic champion empath
8 ruffian prognosticator champion magian
9 empath minnisinger spy privateer
10 ruffian champion spy minnisinger AURIX
11 not pulled
12 ascentic ascentic hopelite hopelite
13 not pulled
14 ruffian orisha orisha
15 ascentic hopelite magian prognosticator
midboss Evincing Idle

Post Midboss

Regiment Mobs
1 ascentic hopelite orisha
2 ruffian prognosticator magian
3 AURIX, Spawned 4 stones below the house on pull 4, 5 ,6 (below death house was empty)
4 champion spy empath minnisinger privateer
5 hopelite minisinger ruffian privateer
6 hopelite magian spy prognosticator ascentic

Worth nothing it seemed like Green eyes were favorable to Melee, while Blue eyes were not.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-02-09 21:25:37  
Lol, dont fight Midboss on Bridge. Funniest ***ive seen in a while.
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 21:31:20  
^haha yeah same thing happened to us
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 21:34:10  
I couldnt really figure out the blue/green deal in Windy either. We had too many melees (everybody wants that clear on WAR lol). WARx3, THF, CORx2. I dont think i noticed any difference on mobs. Leaden was consistently pretty good. Not the overpowering, one-shotting force it is in Sandy or Bastok on blue but strong enough relative to the other WS that I comfortably won the parse on COR.
 Shiva.Cziella
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-02-09 21:48:17  
Did Megaboss, don't remember the name, Tee Xicu model, it used Perfect Dodge, Mighty Strikes, Sanguine Blessing, Stonega IV, Aeroga IV, the aoe sand move that takes off equipment, aoe dmg + silence and TP inhibition, sweeping aoe stun, dread spikes, absorb-attribute, parry (this parry said he gained an eva boost instead of +def) and single target doom.

From 100>40% was the tamest of all Dynamis Mega Bosses so far, got it down to 29% w/o issue in less than 5mins, then it started to spam aoe dmg + silence and aoe dmg + gear strip (1 piece at once) both in the 500~600 dmg range in -51DT hybrid on war (was /nin b/c it was the best sub for bastok/sandy, so we figured better safe than sorry-- the sub was useless)

under 50% gains a white aura, which has considerable regen and regain, about 1% HP a toc, was able to larceny it's regain for 100TP/tic on thf mule.

Has decent eva and spams PD at the begining(used it at least 4 times during the fight, Mighty strike once, and favored sanguine blessing [the blood weapon variation where it heals x10 of dmg dealt] at low HP) at low HP. The aoe dmg silence got out of control and caused us to eventually lose, it's at least 25' range, making it hard for brd+geos healer to keep up healing. A whm should make this fight easy. Set up was PLD, GEOx2, BRD, WAR, RUN, COR, BLM and a some mules for loot.

P.S. Single target doom might have a "stronger" potency than other versions, 2 ppl spaming cursna on me + a stack of auto holywaters didn't work at all, twice or I'm just really unlucky.
[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-02-09 22:21:40  
Made my own map to the best of my ability. Not complete though.

[+]
By Boshi 2018-02-09 23:19:15  
i dunno if anyone else had this issue but,

We went in the new dyna windy today,
my idle set was pulling my idle.town set while in the new dyna windy

I didn't have this problem in the previous 2 dynas
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-02-09 23:22:13  
Boshi said: »
i dunno if anyone else had this issue but,

We went in the new dyna windy today,
my idle set was pulling my idle.town set while in the new dyna windy

I didn't have this problem in the previous 2 dynas

I had this problem too. Lucky for me my normal idle and town idle have enough in common. It probably has something to do with resources not being updated yet.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-02-09 23:30:06  
I don't think windower has been updated yet to account for all the new stuff?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-02-09 23:47:50  
There are resources out there. Testing them out now. A pull request was made to the resources on windower's github.

Seem to be working. My new Mochizuki hat is equipping nicely.

https://github.com/Subadai/Resources
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-02-11 18:25:57  
Fii Pexu the Eternal
1,6m~ HP
Magics: Absorb-TP, Absorb-Attri, Dread Spikes, Aspir II, Stonega IV, Stoneja, Aeroga IV, Aeroja.

<50%
Inhibit TP aura
Feather Fusillade: Single target physical damage + Bio + Poison
Double Punt: Single target physical damage + Terror + Knockback
Riposte: Evasion Boost + mega Regen
Stroke: AoE high physical damage + Stun (25')
Guttural Roar: Attack Boost + Regain
Vorticose Sands: Magic wind based AoE + Silence + removes 1 piece of equipment + Knockback (range seems higher than Veil of Chaos and Torment of Gu'Dha, 25'?)
Doom: Single target Doom
Super SPs: Pristine Evasion (Perfect Dodge + capped MEVA), Flailing Blow, Sanguine Blessing, Thousand Fists.

It was a simple fight with melees, make sure to dispel Regen and Dread Spikes asap, use Wind Carol + Baraera to resist Vorticose Sands, you can Silence it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-11 18:32:04  
Just thought everyone should know that you can still fall through the Bridges and get stuck in the river in this zone. Yes, over 15 years later and they still never fixed this.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2018-02-12 14:29:22  
just observation from our run. pulling blue eyes. single target nukes seemed to be normal. aoe nukes from blu was doing half damage to yags, full damage to pets.
 Bahamut.Jadell
user: jadell
By Bahamut.Jadell 2018-02-13 08:43:53  
We ran Windy last night. We cleared to the left including the Yags in front of Yoran-Oran's house. Alliance was standing below. We went to clear the rooftop- NM up there. Without warning at least 6 images popped (ok might be less) but there was at least 30+ yags that spawned on top of us. We walked into a well played trap. The comments in voice chat were priceless as everyone scattered and tried to die in a spot that could be recovered from. Alas, those on the rooftop were hacked apart without mercy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-13 08:47:27  
Dynamis Windy is the biggest troll zone to date for dynamis. The landscape, pulls, and occasionally falling through the bridge are vintage dynamis+windy in one. Just when I thought Dynamis was garbage, they get the nerve to bring some laughs and excitment to the event.

I actually like when they have stuff that pops like that out of nowhere. Keeps people on their toes and it's quite the surprise if you're not expecting it. Dyna Beac gonna be epic!
[+]
 Bahamut.Jadell
user: jadell
By Bahamut.Jadell 2018-02-13 09:45:28  
Dynamis Windy has given us surprises both times. Hearing the moment of silence on chat and then all the expletives and the RUN OMG RUN and seeing an alliance scatter to get out of there was epic! I have to say that dynamis is fun again and not just the usual grind.

Bring elements of surpise and nothing is expected or routine- Square Enix did well in my book.

Dynamis Windy has brought the element of fun and surprise. The laughing we had afterwards was worth the wipe lolol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-13 10:29:57  
Next zone has to be Jeuno
That would leave body left in the cycle, so my guess is that would be Dyna-Beac.

Still questions arise behind what they might do with Xarc, and then dreamland zones? Certainly they could revive belts for Xarc, but they might just split it weird like this:

Relic +2/3 - Sandy Bastok Windy Jeuno Beac
Empy +2/3 - Valkurm Buburimu Tavnazia Qufim Xarcabard

10 zones, 10 pieces of gear. My original hopes, though, was that they get out of the dynamis business after bodies and revive Limbus/Apollyon for Empyrean +2/3. I loved those zones back in the day and can't wait to get back.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-13 12:17:11  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Empy +2/3 - Valkurm Buburimu Tavnazia Qufim Xarcabard

Why would they put Emperian gaer in Dynamis? That's going to be in the Neo-Abyssea content they create at the end of this year.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-13 12:33:45  
Keep dreaming buddy!

The same reason why they put upgrades Artifact gear in a newly created zone, Omen. SE has no consistency, zero timetable, zero logical progression behind how upgrades are done and carried out.

The original artifact armor was quested, and then upgraded through Limbus/Apollyon/Temenos. They opted to go in a completely new direction and put the +2/3 versions in Omen. Relic gear was originally introduced in Dynamis. The +1/2/aug versions were also likewise upgraded through the dynamis line. They surprisingly stayed on track with Relic+2/3 upgrades by creating Dynamis 2.0. That's a rare consistency chain they followed. Empyrean gear originated in Abyssea, then was upgraded in a new event, Vagary. No connection there.

Honestly, they could decide to go a number of directions with Empyrean: Einherjar, Limbus, Nyzul Isle, Abyssea, new content etc. Could you imagine how annoying abyssea would be fighting for pops for +2/3 upgrades? I don't even want to think about it.
By geigei 2018-02-13 12:35:08  
Let me guess, you know a guy working for SE.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-13 13:23:16  
Omen isn't a new zone... It is a room. Or, to be more fair, it is three different rooms.
The objectives are very similar to those first used in Vagary.
So, in my mind, the things developed for Omen were as follows:
A) An updated information delivery system so players would know the objectives (in Vagary they were a secret until completed) and progress of said objectives until they were completed.
B) AI and gimmicks for the mid-bosses and caturae bosses.
C) The three rooms. (The mid-bosses are fought in a re-use of the Domain Invasion room).
D) The new gear, of which there was a lot--a set for every job as well as accessories.

Omen wasn't bad, really. I mean, for their limited resources, apart from having no story, it is coherent and whole.
But this saved them from having to update Limbus, which would have required far more work, if even only considering the number of zones involved.

From how much they have struggled with the new Dynamis, I wouldn't hold one's breath for updated Limbus or Abyssea. Those places are just too numerous and large.
Granted, we're all forced to judge an unfinished product. But new Dynamis does not seem either as coherent or as whole as Omen or other content preceding it. Windy was delayed a month, and I can't see any reason why. When Sandy was first introduced, it was buggy in both monster behavior (Aurix) and reward system (direct drops). None of the zones have their final TEs yet.
Rather than Volte gear, accessories would have made more sense. Some story would have been nice.
New Dynamis is a bit of a weird, black box made of rehashed content. The mystery and surprises are due to a lack of SE leadership and communication rather than inventive design.

So, to hope for new Limbus or new Abyssea seems out of bounds. I mean, I don't know any more than the next person, anything is possible, but I think this team would be better able to update Einherjar since it is a singular room, their new specialty, than a real zone.

Personally, for updated Empy gear, I foresee them rehashing Vagary. It is where we 119'd the things. And it is all largely singular rooms, albeit one is larger.
If they decided to spread out Empy upgrades across more locations, they could re-use Delve.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-02-13 13:26:16  
As per our run yesterday,

Green eyed statues do indeed cause increased weakness to AoE damage. Single target nukes bursted and leaden salute would deal sub 10k on ninjas while AoE -ja or bursted Tenebral crush pushed 50k. The reverse was true on Blue eyed statues, where as leaden salute dealt over triple.

Between plenty of mixed statues and job types, dark elemental magic consistently dealt more damage then light based counterparts across the zone. Additional testing would be prudent across spell types (elemental magic vs blue magic vs WS elemental)

Mixed bag on this zone going with magic damage route. With the varying physical resistances tied to mob jobs (and then I'm not even sure what factors in blue vs green on melee damage), it makes for a headache.

The mobs themselves seem to be physically weaker however. Barthundra from proper mage blocked most stun effects from sweep.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-13 13:50:15  
If your argument is that they wouldn't update Limbus because there's too many zones to update, they already did that most recently with Omega/Ultima 2, and Crepuscular Chip room (which is a wide open area). It's just one floor. There are several zones in Limbus which have widely spaced maps; it's not out of the question to remake those zones as their originals, with upgrade items stemming from the objectives or killing of bosses/normal monsters. There was a lot of life and activity behind Limbus in it's prime.

I'd even argue that Abyssea zones were so large (literally full zones), over 70% of the zones are quite simply wasted space and you spend a good chunk of time running around. That's less likely to see an update than an instanced area like Limbus, which was just a set of Promyvion rooms (rehashed content) with numbered floors and simple objectives like kill x with certain damage type, random enemy opens portal to next floor, randomly wandering monsters(sound familiar? Limbus WAS the original Omen).

Guesses are as good as anyone's, and with a limited dev team, I can't say one way or another how difficult it is to neo-135+ a zone vs just a room and space. They have options, but they certainly are not consistent with anything.

Vagary is a likely option too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-02-13 15:30:07  
Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Green eyed statues do indeed cause increased weakness to AoE damage.

Wonder if this extends to Physical as well as Magical AoE.

Frankly AoE sloughing thru Divergence sounds appealing. Go go bst.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-13 15:34:55  
AoE fantastic strat for Sandoria, lots of close statues, but windy they're really far apart for a lot of it
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-02-13 17:31:01  
FYI for Dyna Windy after killing the mid boss, there are multiple statues that pop on the bridge. We found out the hard way. Safest bet will be to have no one on the bridge when the midboss is killed.

We also seemed to notice green eyes weak to piercing damage, and blue eyes weak to slashing damage just from observation.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-13 17:58:41  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The same reason why they put upgrades Artifact gear in a newly created zone, Omen. SE has no consistency, zero timetable, zero logical progression behind how upgrades are done and carried out.

Then they most certainty won't put them in Dyna lol.
[+]
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-18 11:30:04  
We started doing all of the zones using dd method. Then we tried BLM method and it was great on Sandy and now Windy. Then we ditched BLM for BLU and kill speed is crazy, but I have one question that I want to see if anyone has tested.

If you pull a few statues of rusted card mobs and have a BLU mage use cruel joke does it actually land? Not worried about 60 sec timer, just wanted to know if anyone has tested the % of it actually landing.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 28 29 30