New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 29 30
By tyalangan 2018-01-26 10:28:06  
geigei said: »
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Besides killing mid-boss / final boss, is it worth it to kill the Commander / Leader NMs for handshards / voidhands?

We've been getting more handshards and voidhand drops at a faster rate just killing NQ mobs than actually taking the time to kill Leader/Commander NMs so far

I tribox occasionally and i just skip leaders, by the time i kill 2 of those i coulda kill 30 nq.

What jobs do you use to tribox Dynamis? Would consider it if group skips a week.
By geigei 2018-01-26 10:37:14  
Blu cor geo, going w/o thf hurts badly, walk away with 200 singles, 1-2 medals, 0-2 upgrade items.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 10:42:35  
So 90 minutes for nearly no upgrade materials. This event needs an update asap!
 Sylph.Wardeniv
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-01-26 11:10:33  
I'm still baffled by the lack of the second time extension. Short of full clearing wave 1, both bosses, and wave 2, I really have no idea what it could be. I think the closest we've come to a "full clear" has been full clearing wave 1, mid boss, mega boss, and killing aurix in both waves.

If the second TE is rewarded from full clearing wave 1, midboss, and wave 2, I could see that potentially being worth since the second TE would give you plenty of time for the final boss. Kind of hesitant to try that though since it would suck to throw away an attempt at volte harness.

My only other guess is that its some obscure sh*t to do with Aurix since he seems to be the last thing that has some mechanics that aren't fully understood.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 11:47:57  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

If low manning with boted accounts then yes. We had over 10 upgrade materials drop last night. It's all about killing hordes of regular mobs with good TH on them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 12:18:25  
You're talking about pure anecdotal experience. Our group goes once weekly. We get about 3 voidshards and 0-2 voidfeet on average with TH. In an alliance with 15-18 people, that's laughable drops, especially when it's not even the item people are seacom. The drop rate is garbage and you know it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 12:41:34  
You're talking about pure anecdotal experience. Our group goes once weekly. We get about 3 voidshards and 0-2 voidfeet on average with TH. In an alliance with 15-18 people, that's laughable drops, especially when it's not even the item people are seacom. The drop rate is garbage and you know it.

Never said it wasn't low, you inserted that. You said

Quote:

We get plenty, that 10 wasn't a big number for us. Twice a week and get plenty of drops. Your still using seacom, meaning no central management of loot and everyone doing a free-for-all, no wonder it sucks for you.

The only change I would recommend for this is having the leader NM's have a 100% drop on an upgrade item. That gives a 50/50 shot at getting an upgrade your targeting for each wave, and would actually incentive people to chase down the leaders instead of farming trash constantly. As it stands it's completely random, you can do one run and get 3 RDM upgrade items (last night), and others that get you 3 THF upgrade items (time before this). We've gotten plenty of each job, and if spread out would be great, but everyone concentrating on COR just *** up the perception.

The drop rates are no different then original Dynamis, if anything it's a bit better since it's job specific instead of every monster can drop every job. We've started to track which mob types pop from which statue to better build a farming path based on a third of the group being after COR.

But hey I WANT MY GEAR RIGHT NOW!!!

or

I WANT TO MAKE MOAR GILZ WITH THIS EVENT!!!

Hell I've already upgraded some stuff without buying medals from AH and the event's only been out a few months. That's *** unheard of for OG Dynamis.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 12:48:07  
seacom is for job specific upgrade items, not FFA on everything else.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 12:54:31  
seacom is for job specific upgrade items, not FFA on everything else.

Exactly, no centrally managed loting system, everyone just picks what they want for each zone and lots on it. That ***works with pugs and fails hardcore with guilds. It makes a system where everyone feels they ~need~ to lot the hottest item ~right now~ because they may miss it later on and can freely chase their next item.

Instead make a spreadsheet or other tracking system, your a group so this should be easy and low effort. Inside everyone gets one main lot and one sub lot, they can only change lots once a month at a given time (we use the first week). That forces a whole lot more consideration because they can't switch per-zone or whenever they want. The lotting order is Main -> Sub -> Free.

Medals and currency get divided up post-run and you'd be surprised how quickly that ***adds up. I can fully upgrade an item with the currency I've collected since start, and I'm holding onto it to do precisely that. This isn't designed for you to walk out with a +3 item every week or three, it's a long upgrade system. It's OG dynamis all over again, just with a kinder lotting system.

But like I said,

I WANT MY GEAR RIGHT NOW!!!

or

Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-26 13:09:44  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Like it or not, this is the typical state of mind of an endgame ffxi player.

And, they can have it right now, all they have to do is buy on the AH.

This is why dynamis rewards need to be reassessed.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 13:47:52  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Like it or not, this is the typical state of mind of an endgame ffxi player.

And, they can have it right now, all they have to do is buy on the AH.

This is why dynamis rewards need to be reassessed.

By doing what exactly? The very same group that is complaining they can't get their stuff RIGHT NOW, is also complaining they can't make a bazillion gilz charging others for stuff RIGHT NOW, is also the same group that complained the game was "too easy".

If SE was to double the JSE upgrade material drop rates it still wouldn't be enough for that group to be happy. Any amount of time greater then one run wouldn't be enough. Any amount of time of one run or less would be too much. There is no answer that would make the bitching people stop bitching.

I believe SE including the option to buy the medals as being a brilliant compromise. Those who absolutely don't want to play the game and instead just have their farming bots collect money while they work or play other games, can opt to buy the medals from those who do play the game.

The only people who seems to be miffed are those who don't want to actually play the game, but don't want to feel left behind either and so complain about it. Bucket of crabs and so forth.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-26 13:51:05  
My biggest complaint about the event is that the reforged relic pieces are much harder to get than the reforged artifact pieces (unless you REALLY suck too much to clear the Omen bosses), but are on the whole much worse (barring a couple of jobs).
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-01-26 14:08:22  
My biggest complaint is that you can't mule any of these stupid JSE shards etc. Who's bright idea was that?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 14:17:51  
Relic pieces are easier to get then Omen. As long as you got the mid boss clear you can go the AH and buy them. Really doesn't get easier then that. Getting them via drops is easy too, just random as all hell. The gear is bad ***, only a goldfish would think otherwise. They have only released two pieces out of five, judging by the power levels of those two we can extrapolate the other five and it looks very promising.

This

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Plun._Poulaines_%2B1

Became this

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Plun._Poulaines_%2B3

Now looking at other pieces in the set, it's the body that is going to be really good. The head, hands and legs are going to be bad. This is the pattern for every JSE set, 2/5 of the items are good, the rest either trash or situational. There are 22 jobs in the game, I wouldn't expect the best items from each set to all be the hands and feet.

But again it's a case of

or

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 14:18:44  
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
My biggest complaint is that you can't mule any of these stupid JSE shards etc. Who's bright idea was that?

Yeah that was pretty dumb on SE's part, at least let us store them on the upgrade moggle or something.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 14:25:18  
Relic pieces are easier to get then Omen. As long as you got the mid boss clear you can go the AH and buy them. Really doesn't get easier then that. Getting them via drops is easy too, just random as all hell. The gear is bad ***, only a goldfish would think otherwise. They have only released two pieces out of five, judging by the power levels of those two we can extrapolate the other five and it looks very promising.

This

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Plun._Poulaines_%2B1

Became this

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Plun._Poulaines_%2B3

Now looking at other pieces in the set, it's the body that is going to be really good. The head, hands and legs are going to be bad. This is the pattern for every JSE set, 2/5 of the items are good, the rest either trash or situational. There are 22 jobs in the game, I wouldn't expect the best items from each set to all be the hands and feet.

But again it's a case of

or

You literally have to do nothing in omen. And the piece is cheaper. And better. It's easier to get and not random.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 14:37:53  
Quote:
You literally have to do nothing in omen.

You have even less to do in Dynamis-D. My mule who sits there and collects currency could upgrade JSE right now if I wanted it to. Omen forced you to come the job you wanted to upgrade, do various annoying objectives to get cards, and then get R/EX boss items in order to do the upgrade. Dynamis-D you need to be present in the zone when the mid-boss dies.

Just imagine how much more you guys would complain if Omen cards were sellable on the AH.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 14:40:40  
If omen cards were sellable the event would be worth doing. It's fast and people wouldn't be forced to go on certain jobs. They could sell and trade.

it would be a vast improvement.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 14:57:24  
Quote:
If omen cards were sellable the event would be worth doing. It's fast and people wouldn't be forced to go on certain jobs. They could sell and trade.

it would be a vast improvement.

So you agree then that Dynamis-D is an improvement over Omen.

Instead of needing 30~50 cards for a +3 you need 5 Shards and 3 Voiditems. Each of those are 3 medals so we're talking 24 total medals and prices on them are crashing as we speak.

But then again,

or

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 15:40:38  
Absolutely not. Random job on a random drop is absolute garbage. This is part of why infailsion is the literal worst and least done event in ffxi history. (if they didnt screw up CP, and add coffers to reisenjima it would be even worse)

If you got a shard when you killed 100 trash mobs, then sure. AND significantly improved drop rate in addition to personal pool @ 100 kills.

Lack of realistic personal pool is what makes the event horseshit.

You can do dynamis and get absolutely nothing on a run. That's unacceptable. and it's not the players fault they act that way. The devs set them on this path.

Random on random on random works when there's 12000 people and 20 years ago.

It could take one run to finish a piece, or 60. Too much random. And zero fun.

I'm more than happy to wait to get "this relic+3 piece" in a set time frame not random. I'm under no circumstances doing 20+ runs for one piece, nor paying the price people are placing the medals for.

*And before you even try, yes I -was- around in 2004 doing OG dynamis. However, I was one of the people smart enough to buy the hourglass and sponser runs for absolute gains.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-02-04 22:17:26  
Has it been mentioned you can get both papers to drop off same mob? We got both thf and dnc papers to drop off of a regular mob in sandy at same time. I forgot to take a SS, but figured I'd bring it up. Might make THF a little more appealing to bring if people already weren't?
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-04 23:25:10  
Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Anyone figure out how elemental weakness works on the megaboss yet?

Unless there is a gimmick where elemental nukes do tremendous damage to the wave 2 boss, a straight physical zerg seems to be just fine, and probably hard to beat at that.

We killed it Wednesday in three minutes with a classic zerg. People started getting nuked <25% to Hell Whirl and other TP moves, but being in a hybrid set seems to make it negligible for those who had such a set. There is a nice little alcove with some barrels where you can tank/fight him and not get knocked back by his Wrath equivalent move. You definitely do not need as many people as we have here - we weren't really intending on killing him the first run, so a setup that's optimized for killing him with fewer people is certainly possible. I don't think we even had bolster up because we used it on the baby boss, so he could easily be killed with the six correct jobs - probably even less if you have a SMN zerg or something.

Here is a copy of the run. Wave 2 boss buffing starts at around 1:39:00.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209355474
Could you repost this video? content unavail ):
 Ragnarok.Fcube
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fcube
By Ragnarok.Fcube 2018-02-08 02:31:39  
Looking for a strategy to kill halphas with 6. Any pointers?
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-02-09 05:00:19  
Found spot for Dynamis-Windurst [D] which isn't listed in the update notes. Windurst Walls (H-7) near entrance to Heaven's Tower.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Allyzon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Nathoo
By Carbuncle.Allyzon 2018-02-09 17:47:58  
Has anyone found the mini boss position?
By Archaide 2018-02-09 18:22:09  
What are the weaknesses on the statues? Blue = magic, green = physical? or dark / light?
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-02-09 18:49:13  
Carbuncle.Allyzon said: »
Has anyone found the mini boss position?

mini-boss is north west of start. mega boss it at MH
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-02-09 20:16:13  
Try Number 2

Boots off red stat west side
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-02-09 20:27:30  
Also has 2 stats repop on top of us after killing boss,Also wont let me post pictures directly to site,Is there some issue with it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 29 30