New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 433 434 435
By Justuas 2018-06-02 09:55:11  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Most of (if not all) our HQ gear is crafted/signed by us, Our leader has all crafts and corresponding shields to level 2,3 and she inspired most of us to do the same! (each in their respective craft)..
Your ls leader has spent hundreds of mils buying HQ jinxed and Su3 from my mule. Sure hope he isn't just marking it up and selling it to you claiming it's clean, lmao
Can't blame them if they don't know what you are.
Also it should be obvious now that you infect every server you go to.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-02 09:59:53  
Justuas said: »
Can't blame them if they don't know what you are.
Also it should be obvious now that you infect every server you go to.
A) They did know who I am, almost everyone on Leviathan knows everyone else.

B) Most people do not consider bridging the price gap between Asura and Leviathan 'infecting', they actually appreciate being able to get items at a reasonable price.

C) I was just poking fun at their organic, free-trade, GMO free, fair labor HQ communelinkshell.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-02 10:02:03  
Dont know whats that about, was making the timeline between 2016-2018 (I Stopped gearing for HQ in Nov 2017? and I dont need Su3 TP sets with DM QA3)

My guess is she stopped crating for herself the moment she saw your prices? its just a wild guess I don't get involved with personal expenses as I mentioned before.
And even if what you said was factual, we already passed the stage where we need any content tbh as a linkshell I mean, if I remember correctly it was since march or something.

She doesn't "sell", you bring her mats and she crafts/sign it for you and takes nothing.

The idea of not being part of the economy as a self sustaining linkshell makes about as much sense as the people who do it in real life. It's just not realistic or efficient.

Its much harder yes, unrealistic? I highly doubt, we did it just fine and you know how "casual" we play..

Just because someone lacks the capacity to grind mats from a mundane content doesn't mean others cant do it.
Im sure you're familiar of certain individuals on our server who grind everyday, single players that enjoy mundanity.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-02 10:03:47  
I don't know for a fact she was reselling and I have nothing against her. It could just be for herself and her mules, but she did buy multiple of the same sets.

It is true that stage 2/3 shield is essentially useless for most synths though, unless you want to pay 2x+ the item's cost in mats.

I don't see how you can claim you isolated yourselves from the economy when your leader and huge handfuls of your members routinely buy their gear (in gil, just so there's no doubt here, I am not accusing anyone of RMT or naming $ buyers) from me.
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-06-02 10:05:54  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
To elaborate further:

If you have 3 characters who you use to bot sparks while you are asleep, go and spend the sparks when you get up, and repeat the process while you're at work, you're looking at 180 million gil per month with no input on your own part. (1 mil per character, times three characters, times two farms per day.) Four characters, and it's 240 million gil while you sleep and are at work. I know people who do this.

Meanwhile, I farm Dynamis as DNC/--- with TH3, and spend two hours to come out with ~700 currency, on average, making ~2.1 million gil per farm. (~1 mil per hour.) This means that I need to spend 180 hours per month, or six hours per day, farming Dynamis just to make the same amount of money someone botting makes while they're asleep and at work. That six hours a day of actually being at their computer they can then use to do whatever else, which can include "soloing" content and selling the drops, the money from which they don't need to share with anyone.

How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? My Dancer is well geared, but nowhere near as well geared as DDs of some of the people I know who can afford BiS everything (that can be bought), and have multiple DD jobs mastered. (Especially when I don't get to play anything but White Mage because these people would rather spend 600 million gil gearing 2-3 DD or Tank jobs than spend 100 million or less getting WHM up to snuff. Even if you 'require' your WHM to have a Yagrush, that's ~167 million gil, which is less than they make while botting for a month.)

And I can't afford BiS everything because dropping 30 million gil on a piece of gear is nothing for them, whereas that's 30 hours of farming dynamis for me, and that's assuming I don't have to put up with botters in Dynamis!

If I sound ridiculously salty, I am. I love this game, but it is completely unenjoyable for me, and people botting contributes to a large part of that.

You shouldn't touch dynamis farming until you have cleared 100k ambuscade points in a month. Even if you can't get a group for VD, do D and use seals. Until your gil items are cleared out, it is ridiculously more efficient. Between Ambuscade and hitting maybe 1-2 gains a week (just 1 char, doing with friends) you will have plenty of gil for anything you want within reasonable time frames.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
サーバ: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-06-02 10:11:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I think the ironic part is the linkshell he's in. Do you not realize that your linkshell is half the problem lol?

And gain-money is absolutely regoddamndiculous. it should not be a thing.

Can't take off your pearl when you're unsubscribed.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-02 10:21:06  
I don't know for a fact she was reselling and I have nothing against her. It could just be for herself and her mules, but she did buy multiple of the same sets.

It is true that stage 2/3 shield is essentially useless for most synths though, unless you want to pay 2x+ the item's cost in mats.

I don't see how you can claim you isolated yourselves from the economy when your leader and huge handfuls of your members routinely buy their gear (in gil, just so there's no doubt here, I am not accusing anyone of RMT or naming $ buyers) from me.

I believe many players buy from you? on levi and/or others and if I recall correctly, only "Legendo" or something is your HQ competition? (mainly from shouts I assumed this..)

We "were" isolated in the formative timeline, back when nothing was done and we needed to do things by ourselves and/or with collaborations with some US players (of which you know of).

Right now after we did everything, things got more laid back, so anything post march is done solely and the casual new members help, here and there.

You can keep poking fun or w/e :) but..

An advice that can help you move on with your shady FFXI life, stop obsessing over others that don't treat this game as a full-time job, leave your insecurities on screen #12 or something in your bot lab luv and we will carry on with our GMO-Communiist Party of real people <3

Jokes aside:
You know my personal opinion about you, we discussed this before.
No one denies your contributions to the game community and you definitely know a great deal about all aspects of this game, people will always divide over your moral compass playing this game and how you managed to do things that no one could.. Personally it doesn't affect me, does it affect you?

Edit: Comeatmebro you're obviously in desperate need for affection and/or vacation from your rl job when you think everyone is as paranoid as you are -take a breath or two before you assume ***-
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-02 10:27:30  
I just like the drama. Gotta kill the time somehow.

As far as this thread, we both want the same thing. My bots aren't likely to be hit, they aren't doing garbage content or farming sparks. Getting rid of the alliances of spark bots or nerfing sparks/gain does nothing but help me, even if it costs me some characters along the way.

Edit: Did you really make 2 alt ffxiah accounts just to click + on yourself? No posts on either of them and created 4 minutes apart, almost all of your upvoted posts are done by one or both going back to the day after they were made..
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-06-02 10:36:17  
As a non botter with no mules, I would be upset if they killed sparks. After Ambuscade, it's the best gil/hr by a longshot.

In the game as is, I can hit up gains 1-2 times per week and crush Ambuscade, and I have plenty of gil for things I want without a lot of time investment in gil making. It's pretty close to perfect.

I think sometimes people are far too worried about everyone else. Comeatmebro pays a subscription, same as me (and way more w/ mules). He should do exactly what he wants to maximize his value or enjoyment of the game. He ain't hurting anyone, in a lot of ways helps folks.

The game is 15 years old. There are no server firsts, or competition for NM pulls. So much ***that people get up in arms about or have pet peeves about, in reality just don't matter.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-06-02 10:40:29  
They need gil entering the economy, that's the whole point, it was not an oversight the convert raito is 10 to 1. i doubt they will fix sparks.

Fixing sparks doesn't really resolve anything.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-06-02 10:43:37  
Words like fix and resolve I am not even really sure are the best ways to describe this. They insinuate there is a problem to begin with. There isn't.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-06-02 10:47:28  
I read through Fujito's translated post. There is no mention of sparks or gil generation, just restating their position on botting.

I think discussion on sparks is irrelevant until they specifically mention it.

Gil is only an issue if there's more gil chasing after a fixed amount of goods (ie: RMT x'mas 2005). Since apparently different bot teams do different things, some are increasing materials supply while others increasing gil supply, prices haven't really gone up.

When the bans start, we'll find out which group got hit the hardest.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-02 13:08:12  
Can't take off your pearl when you're unsubscribed.

So... uhhh... why the tears?
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-02 13:18:19  
Because I cannot "just do me". Do you not understand that someone having 3-4x the resources I do to gear their characters,

I definitely agree that botting isn't fair and it's not possible to "just do you" unless you never pt with others.

However I think you are exaggerating the advantage botters have, and half of your problem came from your ls. You may want to look for a smaller ls with less top end dd and do more lowman.

While it sounds convenient to bot a ton and every job mastered/HQ, in real Endgame most of those doesn't matter as much unless your ls management is crap. A person with multiple hq dd doesn't necessarily bring more value than someone with 1 hq dd, 1 functional mage and 1 support. Due to how job role overlapping = not useful. A player with Multiple hq dd also doesnt necessarily bring more value than someone with 1 hq dd and works better in a team.

Nevermind the fact that a job needs to be constantly played to be good at it. I certainly wouldn't be good at any of my job if I don't play them for 3 months, or if I don't bring them to certain event. It shows on parses when I forgot certain ja or didn't use it right, and so on.

So I'm having hard time believing someone with 22 jobs hq/mastered could play all jobs better than someone focus on playing/optimizing 1-2. I run into rich no life players like this all the time, most of the time they are good at 2-3 jobs at most and remaining are functional at best.

When it come Gil and hq, there are many good ways to farm Gil. I completed all of my su3 hq, hq accessories and relic +3 from ambuscade and random farmings exclusively, some came from dyna D campaign. Bot only affects solo players, not so much to groups.

So saying someone that bot has HUGE advantage over those who doesn't is false.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-06-02 14:09:31  
Afania said: »
Because I cannot "just do me". Do you not understand that someone having 3-4x the resources I do to gear their characters,

I definitely agree that botting isn't fair and it's not possible to "just do you" unless you never pt with others.

However I think you are exaggerating the advantage botters have, and half of your problem came from your ls. You may want to look for a smaller ls with less top end dd and do more lowman.

While it sounds convenient to bot a ton and every job mastered/HQ, in real Endgame most of those doesn't matter as much unless your ls management is crap. A person with multiple hq dd don't necessarily bring more value than someone with 1 hq dd, 1 functional mage and 1 support. Due to how job role overlapping = not useful. A player with Multiple hq dd also don't necessarily bring more value than someone with 1 hq dd and works better in a team.

Nevermind the fact that a job needs to be constantly played to be good at it. I certainly wouldn't be good at any of my job if I don't play them for 3 months, or if I don't bring them to certain event. It shows on parses when I forgot certain ja or didn't use it right, and so on.

So I'm having hard time believing someone with 22 jobs hq/mastered could play all jobs better than someone focus on playing/optimizing 1-2. I run into rich no life players like this all the time, most of the time they are good at 2-3 jobs at most and remaining are functional at best.

When it come Gil and hq, there are many good ways to farm Gil. I completed all of my su3 hq, hq accessories and relic +3 from ambuscade and random farmings exclusively, some came from dyna D campaign. Bot only affects solo players, not so much to groups.

So saying someone that bot has HUGE advantage over those who doesn't is false.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone with 3 characters getting 180 million gil a month from botting while they're at work and asleep is not a huge advantage over those who don't?
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-06-02 14:19:44  
It really isn’t. That just happens to be YOUR excuse.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-06-02 14:22:04  
Apparently I live in a different reality from you, since you seem to live in one where a person being able to buy all the alexandrite to make a mythic with money made while they were asleep and at work is not considered a huge advantage over other people who have to generate that money through personal effort instead of via botting.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-06-02 14:28:16  
Them doing that has zero effect on how I play my game. Again, that is your excuse. Don't like it? Maybe move to a smaller server where its less of an issue. But to act like it stops you from doing things while playing is silly notion.

Also, I view it as a good thing depending on whats being manipulated. Take currency prices for example. Ambu, sparks, and the keyboard smashed named armies have helped to lower the prices of currencies and HQ gear for everyone (terrible right?!?!).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-02 14:35:28  
Obviously no one is bothering you in-game because you can't even log in - are you really losing sleep because of this? Where did the bots hurt you in a game you can't even log into?

You need a better excuse
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-06-02 14:44:49  
Apparently I live in a different reality from you, since you seem to live in one where a person being able to buy all the alexandrite to make a mythic with money made while they were asleep and at work is not considered a huge advantage over other people who have to generate that money through personal effort instead of via botting.

It's not a competitive game, what they are doing doesn't impact you. Those 30m pieces you talk about that take soooo much work? They don't. You can get 2 of them a month just by hitting Ambuscade for a few hours, and doing 1-2 sparks runs per week.

They take you so much time cause you decide to make all of your gil farming dynamis when there are far more efficient ways of gil making. That poor decision making is on you, and is the reason it seems like 30m is so much work. That's on you, not botters.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-02 14:48:38  
Are you seriously suggesting that someone with 3 characters getting 180 million gil a month from botting while they're at work and asleep is not a huge advantage over those who don't?
Huge is relative especially when you consider how much money can be made how fast. For example buying all the hallmark currencies on my server (not counting the 30k/50k ones) should net about 30 mil. Quick math says that's about 156k hallmarks so a little more than 14 runs or all of about 2-3 hours work. More if you don't got enough seals. While also getting all that gallantry. Botter probably spent more time per account just setting them up and getting stuff running when switch tasks during the month. lol.

Or like I used to do all my cping during xp period... that'd be a little over 1 mil gil an hour while getting solid cp... and filling the crafting moogle with more crystals than it could ever hold lol. Also managed to farm like 30 mil silt that way too

Plenty of people with decent groups merc things that make 180 mil a month look like peanuts

And hell plenty of multiboxers don't bot so can multiple their gils. If you managed to make your shield first you making bank. ***just logging in with mules and doing the weekly ANV stuff was not terrible for the small period we were getting D Dynamis stuff
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-02 16:37:07  
Dont see any valid reason to quit this dying game as a direct response to what’s happening. One of the fewest logical reasons is you got old for it and/or bored.

If you play 8 hours a day or 2 hours a day, you can still in theory accomplish everything you want with relative ease.

If this game was created in 2018, the word RMT wouldn’t even exist and more so the likes of “Come****bro” because SE would definitely utilize (in game purshaes) and make 10 folds what they get from subs.

If RMT can make 10k a month illegally, imagine how much SE would make if all became available for real money.

Maybe you need to play one of their current mobile games to have a better understanding to how they operate then come back to XI

(they already did a little with wardrobes anyway)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-02 17:06:59  
If square sold gil, they would make a ton up front, then they wouldn't sell any, then they'd lose subs. There would be no reason to keep playing.

It's much smarter to do what they're doing, letting sales happen making bank on the people running 18 accounts.

Smart money would still be in paid unbans. They'd make a damn killing. Then reban them when they inevitably cheat again. Then hit em up again for an unban.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-02 17:26:33  
I don’t think SE that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when it comes to supply:demand ratios.

After all SE always succeeds to be paternalistic to its player base, I’m more than sure they can handle supply and demand quite effectively in XI.
Their multi billion dollar value attest to that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-02 17:28:21  
The only reason they make money is addiction, not business sense. They're straight HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in ability to make good business decisions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-02 17:30:42  
Addiction can’t be quantified, let alone build a business model off of.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-06-02 17:34:28  
Wonder how much they could poach selling not just gil, but other currencies or items.
ie: Stack of Alex: $1, Stack of Beitetsu/Boulder/Pluton: $2 etc

I realize the dollar value doesn't reflect exact values of each currency, but just throwing prices on things.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-02 17:43:34  
Their multi billion dollar value attest to that.
Their gross income was 180m in 2017. Their net assets at 1.5bil for 2016. Not even technically multibillion, and making less every year than prior. They are not some brilliant company, and they are far past their prime.

They have a name because they made some truly amazing games in the past and fans want to dream the new ones will be comparable.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only reason they make money is addiction, not business sense. They're straight HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in ability to make good business decisions.
This.

Not positive on whether sponsored RMT would help them profit from FFXI or kill it, but I suspect it wouldn't be a clear cut positive for them. The purists for this game lose their mind whenever I so much as post, if SE starts selling many of them will quit. Everyone who throws mass money will get what they want instantly and quit. It's a very fine line, and I'm going to side with Eiryl that it probably isn't the best.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-02 17:46:10  
Addiction can’t be quantified, let alone build a business model off of.

have you literally never heard of mobile games? That is literal addiction monetized. and it is a trillion dollar industry.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 433 434 435