First Page 2 3 ... 410 411 412 ... 426 427 428
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2024-03-28 09:06:08  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Give THF and NIN a niche so if they aren't top tier DPS on a fight, you still have reasons to bring them.
But SE has been on record saying TH is why they are limit THF has a DD. Unfortunately, TH has mostly been irrelevant for a while:
No confirmed impact in Sortie, and no one cares anymore since everyone is maxed out on stones.
No impact in Gaol.
Minimal impact in Odyssey, unless you're in A or B with the goal being lustreless.
Not much use in Geas Fete since a drop slot is 100%.
Not much use in original HTMB (D/VD have a 100% drop slot I think?)
No impact in Ambuscade.
No impact in UNM fights.
Useful in Omen.
Useful in Dyna-D.
Useless in Delve (I'm going pretty far back now)
Useless in Sinister Reign.
Useful for farming empyrean upgrades
 Bahamut.Drumskull
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-28 10:11:15  
K123 said: »
Draylo said: »
Hey Gil toss could help the economy and get rid of all those peoples capped Gil
But would make pay2win even worse for all the gilbuyers.
it would fix the economy 2bh 6 ninjas doing sortie every time throwing gill
By benjaman 2024-03-28 11:49:06  
HTMB has no 100% slot on any difficulty. TH is still useful there.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-28 11:53:57  
benjaman said: »
HTMB has no 100% slot on any difficulty.

Almost all of them do have a 100% r/ex slot on D and VD, with a second r/ex slot that's presumably very common on VD and common on D. Lilith is an exception.
By drakefs 2024-03-28 12:28:01  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Almost all of them do have a 100% r/ex slot on D and VD, with a second r/ex slot that's presumably very common on VD and common on D. Lilith is an exception.

Per BG WIki:

Quote:
New High-Tier Mission BCNMs do not follow these rules. Rare/Exclusive drops are not guaranteed on Difficult or Very Difficult.

The following BCNMs are considered "new": A Stygian Pact II (Odin Prime), Champion of the Dawn II (Cait Sith Prime), Divine Interference II (Alexander Prime), Maiden of the Dusk II (Lilith), The Wyrm God II (Shinryu).

Lillith is not the lone exception.

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

Please do not hate yourself so much... Farm I-Seals.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-28 13:09:31  
If you're proccing grellow on NM's in abyssea instead of doing a quick BCNM during battlefield spoils campaign for a kupon iSeal, you REALLY hate yourself.

Also people here apparently dont know how to differentiate original HTMB from the newer ones (Selbina/Shinryu)
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-28 13:24:45  
drakefs said: »
Shinryu(and I suspect Odin as well from my experience) has 100% droprate on D/VD as well. You may observe differently if you already have some of the items, as rare and non-usable items won't be displayed if everyone in the party has them. Haven't done the others enough to comment from experience, but I did not say Lilith was the only exception. However, Lilith is unique in that killing the adds changes the pools, which I assume is why there's no guaranteed drop.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-28 13:32:08  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Shinryu(and I suspect Odin as well from my experience) has 100% droprate on D/VD as well. You may observe differently if you already have some of the items, as rare and non-usable items won't be displayed if everyone in the party has them.

Haven't done the others enough to comment from experience, but I did not say Lilith was the only exception.

I think people hear "guaranteed rare/ex on D/VD" and suddenly think that means a guaranteed Armor piece, but it could just mean a damn Crep. Pebble that you got on Easy three months ago.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-28 13:54:36  
I think Thorny is correct or partially. I don't know if anyone who has never gotten a gear drop from D/Vd on any of the HTBFs, assuming you always throw away the trash common stuff.

Lilith being the exception is probably because they also created an in-fight mechanic (killing the spitewardens) to open up drop pools. That might also guarantee a drop of any kind, but since not many people farm Lilith HTBF that way, it just looks like nothing is guaranteed from normal zerg kills. It very well could be.
By benjaman 2024-03-28 14:37:15  
I did VD odin recently in a group and we got 0 drops in 3 clears. It's not guaranteed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-28 14:41:32  
Then you got the items you already had

They really *** up by not still dropping the items anyway so we don't have this same argument every six months
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-28 15:07:12  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Please do not hate yourself so much... Farm I-Seals.
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If you're proccing grellow on NM's in abyssea instead of doing a quick BCNM during battlefield spoils campaign for a kupon iSeal, you REALLY hate yourself.

I think Dekusutaa was talking about NIN THF being useful to farm pop sets and trophy items for Empyrean weapons, not items for +1/+2 armor upgrades.

NIN for 15/15 red procs on NMs for KIs to pop your next NM (i.e., don't risk wasting your Dhorme Khimaira pop set, hit red proc with lv1 weapons to guarantee the KI), THF for TH to get more 2x trophy drops or to get TH-influenced pop items (Apademak Horns, Sisyphus Fragments, HQ hides, whatever)

And yeah, I leveled my alt's NIN to 99 precisely for that purpose, so I could go THF on my main and bring my alt on NIN to cover TH8+ and every red proc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-28 15:15:26  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
NIN for 15/15 red procs on NMs for KIs to pop your next NM

13/13, not that it matters much.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-28 15:20:18  
NIN isn't even unique for that, WAR/NIN can do it too. With master levels you don't even need gear for it anymore.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-28 15:31:47  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I think Dekusutaa was talking about NIN THF being useful to farm pop sets and trophy items for Empyrean weapons, not items for +1/+2 armor upgrades.

NIN for 15/15 red procs on NMs for KIs to pop your next NM (i.e., don't risk wasting your Dhorme Khimaira pop set, hit red proc with lv1 weapons to guarantee the KI), THF for TH to get more 2x trophy drops or to get TH-influenced pop items (Apademak Horns, Sisyphus Fragments, HQ hides, whatever)

And yeah, I leveled my alt's NIN to 99 precisely for that purpose, so I could go THF on my main and bring my alt on NIN to cover TH8+ and every red proc.
drake edited his post, it did not originally say iSeals.
By benjaman 2024-03-28 15:34:59  
Not true. I only had a gere ring and we had others that needed gere ring. It's not guaranteed.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-28 15:38:12  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
NIN isn't even unique for that, WAR/NIN can do it too. With master levels you don't even need gear for it anymore.

True, NIN is only one of two options. But my point was to clarify that the original comment about "empyrean procs" does make sense if we're talking about red procs to farm items for Empy weapons (not grellow for empy armor +1/+2 upgrades, which I agree would be crazy talk!)

WAR+THF or NIN+THF. Tomato, tomato. But yeah, NIN not catching a big break there either since that is not a unique advantage either.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-28 16:25:14  
Not true. I only had a gere ring and we had others that needed gere ring. It's not guaranteed.

The guaranteed slot, if one exists, doesn't guarantee it will be something you don't need. It could've dropped a Hj. body and you all already had it.

All the Omen bosses, for example, are guaranteed to drop an item. If it selects Ilabrat Ring and everyone in the alliance has it, nothing will drop. Even if there are people in the group missing Utu Grip.
By drakefs 2024-03-28 16:45:48  

To clarify, do you mean you ONLY have the Gere Ring from Odin HTMB drops?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-03-31 18:49:38  

To clarify, do you mean you ONLY have the Gere Ring from Odin HTMB drops?

I can also vouch that it's absolutely not 100% slot for the R/EX drops. The newer BCNM's have ridiculously low chance of having the gear / etc.. slot open. TH really does help and why anyone attempting those fights should have someone with TH2 at a minimum, TH4 preferably.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-31 20:17:11  
Oh the april "version updates" how adorable.

iGarbage Besieged!
Quote:
The Mamool Ja Savages, Troll Mercenaries, and Undead Swarm have finally taken up crafting.
Their forces will now be equipped in item level gear when invading Al Zahbi.

Gil Toss.
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Can we give Ninja Throw Item/Gil job ability?
Quote:
A new ability, Zeninage, has been added. In accordance with this change, gil and Dynamis currency can now be used as throwing weapons.

The posted pic looks like a Fe'eFiesta... 8x the mobs 8x the drop rate. (0x8 is still 0) But no mention of Up in Arms

...They literally forgot to *** put it in the NA version. Useless.
Quote:
The number of monsters that appear in the battlefield "Up in Arms" has been changed. Sometimes the number has increased to 2 to 8.
*There are no changes to the content or amount of loot.
[+]
By Seun 2024-03-31 20:32:16  
More time spent on April fools jokes than they'll spend making real adjustments to the game.
/sadface
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-31 22:36:38  
The real sad part is they realize that Besieged is incredibly outdated, yet it's still a monthly ROE annoyance, where they could just introduce an appropriately leveled Besieged that scales with participants and rewards you accordingly. How insulting.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-03-31 22:47:03  
I read the update notes and I laughed a bit...and then I smiled. Then I got really sad. :(
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-31 22:57:56  
look at it this way, they could have eliminated april fools along with the live stream and whatever else. i'll take a few laughs at naji's expense any day.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-03-31 23:02:44  
Need a legit Alexander chair to look hard while I bazaar
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-03-31 23:02:58  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The real sad part is they realize that Besieged is incredibly outdated, yet it's still a monthly ROE annoyance, where they could just introduce an appropriately leveled Besieged that scales with participants and rewards you accordingly. How insulting.

Not sure that would be possible, Besieged is from anything from 75 to "IL119". I use air quotes because even though our gear says "IL119" on it, we've long since blown past that and are something like IL140~150 by now. Any monster that would be a challenge for a basic 119 player would ROFLSTOMP the 75 and still be a complete joke to the IL140.
By Homsar 2024-03-31 23:14:26  
Quote:
  • Crafting during a full moon will now yield a bonus to craftsmanship gained.

Facing certain cardinal directions while crafting will grant even larger bonuses depending on the day (Vana’diel time). We encourage you to discuss your findings with fellow adventurers!

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-03-31 23:26:21  
Homsar said: »
Quote:
  • Crafting during a full moon will now yield a bonus to craftsmanship gained.

Facing certain cardinal directions while crafting will grant even larger bonuses depending on the day (Vana’diel time). We encourage you to discuss your findings with fellow adventurers!

Quote:
In this high-stakes version of the Mog Bonanza, adventurers may select a single-digit number. Up to ten entries may be purchased for 100,000,000 gil each.

Now that's hilarious.

Quote:
The graphics setting “Unbelievably Vana’REAL” has been added.

Ya know, I'm positive the devs are following the FFXI-HD work that's been going on with the dats and various graphics enhancers the community does.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-31 23:56:38  
They had to actually boot up the things and put those models in the zones, all that effort and we just get monthly ambu rotations... It's funny, but I wish they would even do these joke things lol. Need some ilevel besieged, I'd enjoy that actually.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 410 411 412 ... 426 427 428