users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 387 388 389 ... 428 429 430
By drakefs 2023-08-22 19:52:21  
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
kuroki said: »
wonder what that means for mog satchel

Doesn't matter as long as 2 step is on the account in some way, no matter what method you use. I've been using authy for years and still have my satchel.

You retain access even when you remove 2FA
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-23 07:19:02  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Recovery from the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum Technical Difficulties (Aug. 22)

We experienced technical difficulties where players were unable to use the Final Fantasy XI Forum.
[Details]
- Cannot use the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum.

[Cause]
- Failure due to high server load.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI Forum

In what *** universe have there EVER been more than 5 people on the forum. LUL

DDoS attack, probably
By Pantafernando 2023-08-23 07:20:03  
From hackers pissed with Sortie raged bosses
By Draylo 2023-08-25 23:49:14  
Guess these were part of that event or something, up for sale. Need that Leafkin!

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=GOODS-04390927

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=GOODS-04390926

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=GOODS-04390928
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-08-26 00:10:44  
still think the leech looks like an old bald guy!
[+]
By AegParm 2023-08-26 09:46:29  
If the leafkin is anything like ygnas, it's just going to run out in the middle of traffic the second you open the box.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-26 17:57:02  
What is atomos bout to destroy lol

Edit: Apparently nothing of note to worry about
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-28 03:20:20  
New Master Trial with Eald'narche, Kam'lanaut and the 5 Ark Angels. Gonna be interesting!

Wonder what the cosmetic weapon(s) will be.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-28 03:29:39  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
still think the leech looks like an old bald guy!

With big eyebrows
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-28 04:13:16  
Not what I expected on that master trial
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-28 04:13:53  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Not what I expected on that master trial
What were you expecting instead?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-28 04:15:28  
Was 70% expecting it to just be bahamut or chaos or something w/ resistance to non prime weapons to force us to use them
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-28 06:03:19  
Unexpected indeed, an EV with 10 million hp Arrogance Incarnate will be "interesting".

Exoplates will oneshot everyone. Constant shield Bash.

Will be a miserable fight. Pointless and miserable.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-28 06:09:21  
So much optimism there, eh!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-28 06:13:37  
All of those particular enemies are generally unkillable historically without all /nin or BLM. (for a very long time until you outclass them)
All of them have absolutely regodamndiculous AoE.

Pointless pick for a melee weapon use.

It's a showcase for bonanza Katana. Not Prime weapons.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-28 06:20:41  
Clearly we gonna use kite strats with Stymie Saboteur GravityII + Bolster Indi-Gravity while melees with SV Dirge follow and melee!

Another group will focus on spamming Absorb TP, TPDrainkiss and Mewing Lullaby.
Because clearly you'll be able to do this fight with an alliance of 18 people like the original one, right?
RIGHT?!

...oh right.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-08-28 06:38:07  
Asura.Sechs said: »
New Master Trial with Eald'narche, Kam'lanaut and the 5 Ark Angels. Gonna be interesting!

Wonder what the cosmetic weapon(s) will be.

God forbid it actually be something non-cosmetic!
By Nariont 2023-08-28 06:57:32  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Was 70% expecting it to just be bahamut or chaos or something w/ resistance to non prime weapons to force us to use them

Poor baha is forever stuck on that island as far as battles go, really wanted wyrmking descends MT
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-28 07:41:24  
so the new world is capping all content at 6 so they can outnumber us in there. Gotcha, SE.
[+]
By Taint 2023-08-28 07:41:29  
Master Trials are dumb. They should make them High-tier battles with a single VD setting and usable drops.

If you want to play dress up then head over to 14, its the perfect game for AFK dancing in town.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-08-28 08:38:14  
Eh, the idea's fine enough, just hurts more now cause when its just about the only new addition the lack of rewards sticks out for anyone wanting to do it beyond an initial challenge that will likely fall off as soon as a strat gets spread around
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-08-28 10:27:46  
Master trials are ok IMO, there isn't a need for more gear creep when they can't produce more content to keep up with it. If the master trial is intended to be some of (if not the) hardest content in the game, why does it need to drop gear that would make lesser content easier? Presumably if you can clear the master trial, you can also clear odyssey and sortie.
[+]
By Taint 2023-08-28 10:34:45  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Master trials are ok IMO, there isn't a need for more gear creep when they can't produce more content to keep up with it. If the master trial is intended to be some of (if not the) hardest content in the game, why does it need to drop gear that would make lesser content easier? Presumably if you can clear the master trial, you can also clear odyssey and sortie.

I get your point but with extremely limited resources do we need another lock style item with no purpose?

There are literally dozens of items they could +1 and add 1 FC, 1 STR, 1 DA/TA/QA that wouldn't effect other content but enough of a carrot that people would try to get them.
By Seun 2023-08-28 11:58:00  
Taint said: »
I get your point but with extremely limited resources do we need another lock style item with no purpose?

There are literally dozens of items they could +1 and add 1 FC, 1 STR, 1 DA/TA/QA that wouldn't effect other content but enough of a carrot that people would try to get them.

I think the idea is that by the time you're ready to take on Master Trials, you've already collected all of the other trophies. Do it to do it.

I'm not against more carrot, but I think it's better suited to long-term content at this point in the game. Ody and Sortie consume the lion's share of our time these days. Not really sure I wanted something else chewing up my day.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-28 12:08:48  
It's wasted effort that should've been spent elsewhere. The 2 parties that do it first will think they're super cool then it'll never be heard about again.

Seen an Iroha spear around or mentioned lately? I don't even see losers lockstyling their laserswords anymore.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-28 12:28:11  
There's a leeway they're allowed in terms of the fights by making the rewards merely cosmetic, and I have to be honest- I'm kind of looking forward to them.

When the reward is just cosmetic, they can go absolutely insane in terms of difficulties or mechanics. I think to the release moments of the first round of MTs we got, and they were rightly titled compared to existing content. Now- considering v25 Odyssey bosses and hardmode Aminon....combined with there won't be more gear creep to later make these fights easier...we could have some really crazy stuff incoming.

....or SE could just make it so impossible it becomes a fight of crowd control and TP denial. And while having a few of those battles is a unique thing, if that's all SE has left in the toolbox to toss at us, it will be quite a sad development.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-08-28 13:13:23  
Cosmetic fights are good, they can be super hard without people bitching about it on here and the official forum lol *cough* Aminon Drama *cough*

Do we really need stronger equipment? Its like the Wyrmhero Blade from FFXII, by the time you've got it, you've got nothing left to really use it on.

So let them make the reward here cosmetic only, so they can make the fight really hard, so we can have fun every once in a while.

I also like that since the reward is cosmetic, I won't need to do it again days after days after days after days to try to get 300 billions muffins or 1 trillions seggies for equipments I don't actually need.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-08-28 14:04:36  
They should do a Master Level Trial - gotta be ML50 to enter, but with a twist. If you lose, you lose MLs. But if you win, you get Cornelia back
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-28 14:05:01  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
so the new world is capping all content at 6 so they can outnumber us in there. Gotcha, SE.

I think they are capping content at 6 because with 6 you still need to manage resources to fight. Like, you can cap pdif, gonna need to add 3 different jobs debuffs and 2 jobs buffs. Or, if you want mage strat, there will be hardly melee buffs/debuffs

While with 2~3 parties, there is no limit what you can do. You can have brd cor geo for buffs. You can also have geo rdm bst for debuffs. You can mix hybrid jobs and mainly, host your powerhouse of dps.

In such environment, i believe is quite hard to balance content. Also, this type of content will mostly favor mercing than other groups
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 387 388 389 ... 428 429 430