2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 388 389 390 ... 433 434 435
By Pantafernando 2023-08-28 14:06:26  
You dont need to drop gear.

Make those master trials drop gally or segments.

Good rewards
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-28 14:40:48  
Don't spend development time on cosmetics.

Spend it on gear that is a side grade and plateau it out like we did at 75 for years. It's not like there is much farther up to go without them uncapping damage.

This game is much more fun when you have a laundry list of stuff to get instead of just 1 thing to grind out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-08-28 14:50:42  
The original Divine Might was 18-man. They could've made this fight alliance content, for a change. Especially if the reward(s) is only cosmetic. If this fight is vs all 5 AAs, lil brother with exoplate and orbitals, Superman with gyves/fetters, then it's going to be on screen madness, and an 18-person brawl would be quite fun.

2c
[+]
By Ultimaetus 2023-08-28 14:52:25  
I really want to get job adjustments again, before they comitted to finishing tvr we were getting those like pld buffs and such
By Bosworth 2023-08-28 14:58:21  
The year where they were adjusting jobs every month was a really fun time for sure. I also really liked when they were putting out new HTMBs.

I'm not sure I understand why they can't keep putting out new HTMBs every 2-3 months going forward. Doesn't require any new resources. One fight every 2-3 months seems completely reasonable even with a reduced dev team.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-28 14:59:42  
Cuz theyre gonna be like Wyrm God

No ones gonna do them because no ones wasting their time with 0.0001% drop rates.
By Nariont 2023-08-28 15:05:36  
Ultimaetus said: »
I really want to get job adjustments again, before they comitted to finishing tvr we were getting those like pld buffs and such

You got those already, are you implying Master levelss didnt address all the job woes? They did a great job!
[+]
By Ultimaetus 2023-08-28 15:06:37  
They surely wouldn't make another fight that's piss easy with terrible drop rates again?
By Bosworth 2023-08-28 15:08:09  
I think they did a pretty good job on Lilith/Odin/Alexander etc. Shinryu kind of sucked tbh. I wish they'd add more.

Although now that I think about it, not really sure what other bosses don't have a HTMB for them already.
By Nariont 2023-08-28 15:11:21  
Smaller fights maybe, mammets and the like. Apart from the obvious bahamut which i stand by that should have been a MT but could have made it into an HTB vs just baha much like they did with carby's that bypasses the other phases of that fight. That or adoulin storyline fights but they sort of covered that with the adoulin content as far as repeating the bosses of that storyline

Waking the beast woulda been another easy MT to throw in there, coulda added the newer avatars in too
By Ultimaetus 2023-08-28 15:12:41  
Cloud of Darkness would be one. SoA stuff maybe, although a lot of stuff is already reused in other content
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-28 15:35:03  
I honestly expect this to be the last MT until Fujito says otherwise. To me this was just a final hail Mary to give people "something to do with their shiny new weapons".
By Nariont 2023-08-28 16:04:48  
Which just makes it that extra little bit of unfortunate since AA's while not done to death have been pulled out a fair few times, brothers less so and both at once will likely be a challenge but, something more unique would have been a better send off imo
By Pantafernando 2023-08-28 16:28:13  
Shadow Lord + Cloud of Darkness + Lilith + Promathia + Hades + Alexander + Kumlanaut in a final tag team of last bosses.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-28 16:29:06  
All of them immune to gravity!!!
[+]
By Draylo 2023-08-28 16:36:46  
I'll never forget, i created a thread ages ago and said it would be so cool to fight Ultima and Omega at the same time. Then everyone hated on the idea, and later SE finally adds it. I really wish they continued with all these fights for MT/HTB with a lot of the other iconic bosses.. Such a shame we might never get to see that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-08-28 17:36:57  
Pantafernando said: »
Shadow Lord + Cloud of Darkness + Lilith + Promathia + Hades + Alexander + Kumlanaut in a final tag team of last bosses.

I had always envisioned a Sinister Reign 2.0 where you fight multiple big baddies all at once. Your crew vs Our crew kind of thing, reminscent of the old Kirin+Gods fights. Something that 6 people couldn't possibly beat, but multiboxing 18 people would be so insanely stressful that you would be forced to find real players. They have the battlefields for it already (WoE maps are HUGE), all that is left is to balance it for 18 people. And it wouldn't be too big of a deal if you "couldn't fill an 18-person group" since the event is purely entertainment/achievement based and nothing tangible, so players don't feel completely miffed if they never finish it.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-08-28 18:04:47  
The 6 man limit is just as much a balancing excuse as it is a "lack of player/groups" excuse. It's already hard enough to tweak stuff for 6 people as shown through the myriad of just flat nerfs of stuff like geomancy and later WS walls. Even earlier stuff didnt "need" 18 people and often it was more chaotic to have that many instead of just 6~8. With all the stuff players have access to in terms of buffs/debuffs i dont think they could properly tune a battle for more than 2 parties with their current team, whatever that is now
By Ultimaetus 2023-08-28 18:21:29  
I typically say that there is always going to be a best and worst way to do something, so devs shouldn't be that concerned about a dominant strategy as long as it doesn't become the only one. Ironically the constant walls they put up have made more varied strategies across the different encounters in spite of being a very hack way of balancing things.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-28 19:39:15  
I think the wall is the greatest let down for engaging people.

If you can only do its once per day, you start being more selective with who you join.

While for stuffs you could simply spam like no tomorrow, you can just team up with randos only to not be afking in town
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-08-28 21:10:03  

If you can only do its once per day, you start being more selective with who you join.

While for stuffs you could simply spam like no tomorrow, you can just team up with randos only to not be afking in town

Hence why ffxi is in the gutter... if someone wants to do 24 sorties in a row.... *** just let them...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-28 21:13:34  
The only issue is people who want to do 24 in a row, won't quit if they can't.

But the people who don't want to wait in the queue nightmare that it will cause might.

Simple decision. 0 < 1

Add to that some amount of people who went 24 times a day would quit after they got the stage 5. Forced to go daily increases their sunk fallacy cost another 6+ months.

It's just bad business to give them what they want.
By Felgarr 2023-08-28 22:11:54  
Nariont said: »
The 6 man limit is just as much a balancing excuse as it is a "lack of player/groups" excuse. It's already hard enough to tweak stuff for 6 people as shown through the myriad of just flat nerfs of stuff like geomancy and later WS walls. Even earlier stuff didnt "need" 18 people and often it was more chaotic to have that many instead of just 6~8. With all the stuff players have access to in terms of buffs/debuffs i dont think they could properly tune a battle for more than 2 parties with their current team, whatever that is now

I actually agree with this part: They're unable to tune a battle for more than 2 parties.

If SE were truly creative here, they'd come up with like NM-style relay races, where some lamp lights up a certain color and indicates which particular NM has to be found and killed. There's so many environmental tricks and objectives they could add to make arena battles more interesting.
VIP
By Lili 2023-08-28 22:28:32  
Felgarr said: »
If SE were truly creative here, they'd come up with like NM-style relay races, where some lamp lights up a certain color and indicates which particular NM has to be found and killed. There's so many environmental tricks and objectives they could add to make arena battles more interesting.

Poshacks have entered the chat
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-08-28 23:09:20  
Felgarr said: »
Nariont said: »

I actually agree with this part: They're unable to tune a battle for more than 2 parties.

ENM60 Automaton Assault is similar to this where you fight each race beside your own and the next one activates when you've damaged the current one past a certain %. But that kind of fight was designed like 3 development teams ago and the current team has neither the resources nor interest to creatively design fights line this anymore. They just throw miserable mechanics on top of one another and expect the players to figure it out. Expect this MT to be even more miserable than Gaol/Bumba25/Aminon 2.0
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-28 23:20:49  
so never then
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-29 03:34:47  
Dubaiii said: »
no challange

I generally agree with many criticism like reused models, too much purple (even that it matches well with Synthwave music :D) etc. but no challenge?

Unless you have done Aminon v2 and v25 Odyssey, you can't use "no challenge argument". Especially that this game allows you to challenge yourself (for the challenge sake, not ingame reward) on multiply ways. You could try to innovate new methods of killing v25 or Aminon. You could try to solo/lowman stuff to make it a challenge. You could limit yourself in various ways (no trusts etc.). I mean people playing Dark Souls do "no getting hit", "no hitting anyone beside bosses", "playing using potato or dance map as controller" etc. to make it more challenging instead of crying about "no challenge". Why can't you do the same in FFXI (inb4 Im not saying about playing on potato specifically, just saying about creating a challenging scenario).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-29 04:06:29  
I mean V25 Odyssey T3/T4 is arguably among the most challenging (if not THE most challenging) content we've ever got in the entire history of FFXI.

Yes they achieved that thanks to a long series of artificial restrictions, but regardless of that the result is an extremely challenging content.
[+]
By Seun 2023-08-29 05:23:54  

You can spam ambuscade. Despite there being a relatively low cap for the month, people are still highly selective in their groups. You're not exactly 'teaming up with a bunch of randos' if their barrier to entry is still SB, R15, R25, +8, iGEO, RMEA, ect.

This is probably a big part of why people don't find challenge in the game anymore. Everything tends toward meta which essentially guarantees the lowest difficulty/effort.
First Page 2 3 ... 388 389 390 ... 433 434 435