Ambuscade

April
V1 is Goblins, V2 is Shadow Dragon

May
V1 is Orcs, V2 is Damselfly

Mizuta making another song it seems for TvR

Term Filter

April

Allowing the ability to use regular expressions (regex)

Any characters enclosed in [ ] brackets will be searched

Alphabet/numbers/hiragana/katakana is supported

Can be used with extensions added in March's term filter updates

Prime Weapons

May
New enhancements are possible by clearing TVR's story in May

New weapon skills will be added and attached to them. Sounds like rehashes of old animations but new names. Could be wrong. Kind of like how some bonanza weapons have different names.

Ingame events

Free login May 12-22
Bonanza May 17-June 15
Aman trove silver voucher campaign May 22-June 5
April login campaign are repeats of the last 3 months as typical

Merch

Ebook version of articles published on Famitsu.com back during ffxi's release. By Yasuhiro Nagata. Takayuki Mizushina's 4-panel manga is also added.

Purchasable here https://bookwalker.jp/series/404745/

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-02 15:18:46  
Why are they so afraid of redoing the Yagudo lol

This is the sixth time goblins is up. Fifth time for Orcs. Yagudo has only been seen twice.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-04-02 16:13:04  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
They never put the “day” number in the monthly updates. This should’ve been the biggest red flag to everyone.

Just because they did change the way the home points look(which I imagine is super easy), did you really think they went and changed cutscenes?

I’m sorry, but no. This is why it’s so easy to scam people nowadays. You just believe everything you see on the internet.

Work on some critical thinking skills. Stop trying to make excuses.
It was immediately apparent that the patch notes were an April Fool's joke. Neither the "new job" nor "new mount" describe how they're acquired, so those were pretty easy to rule out.

But then you see the Home Point in-game and you suddenly realize there's at least that much more to it than simply a goofy forum post with "lolrandom" patch notes. And you're right, the Home Point would have been a simple .dat-swap. But them adjusting Raminel's NPC behavior was a bit more complex, and there were a lot of items on the list that would have been easier than that. For example, changing the quantity of spawns in a zone for both the Crawlers and Behemoths.

No one would have thought twice about the supposed patch notes, but the fact that they put effort into a couple of things would have definitely made some people question what else they put effort into. That was the actual prank all along.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-04-02 16:39:16  
So pretty likely we are getting relic WS II? like Mercy Stroke II?
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-04-02 17:21:14  
SE straight up played y'all cruel this April Fools. All I see is chaff and mirrors.
[+]
By Rips 2023-04-02 18:09:43  
A voucher campaign again that’s not around Christmas? Oh my.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-04-02 18:19:45  
Rips said: »
Notice how it starts right as the free campaign ends. Trolls.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-04-02 18:38:56  
Quote:

The primary reason Mandau is so junk now is because mercy stroke is so bad. If prime weaponskills are "just" improved versions of the originals that scale to modern day that alone would probably be enough to make them usable.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-02 18:53:02  
Seems an odd route to go. That will completely nullify every melee relic.

Not that they're in a great spot now, but it will completely invalidate them. (for the second time on purpose)
By Hopalong 2023-04-02 18:56:09  
Exactly.

They put Prime in place as a hail mary keep people subbing. They kept extending details/implementation over how long?

Unfortunately, they didn't think it through and now there's a new boss who has their own ideas and is going to square peg round hole the idea through.

Ideally, they would have put those niche mog bonanza weaponskills on the weaponskills and why aren't they doing that? They whine about low dev time but spend it on dumbass priorities.
[+]
By Rips 2023-04-02 19:10:42  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Rips said: »
Notice how it starts right as the free campaign ends. Trolls.

*** know I’ll pay for all my accounts. This completely goes against my rebill dates.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-04-02 19:14:52  
Nearly every melee relic is already non viable and pretty worthless, Gun kind of being the only one that has any sort of impact these days I think? (outside of the utility ones).

Add in the fact that the weapons are not only a clone of relic weapons in look but in story relic weapons are apparently just a copy/attempt to reproduce the original prime weapons (weapons strengthened by souls), Seems like a good place for updated relic WS.

Pretty sure most of them just need scaling http://FTP. Could see them changing that and maybe changing mods or effects of some, not to mention it allows them to be lazy and just re-use the relic ws animations which sounds like what they want to do anyways.

Seems like the most likely outcome, best case they give them a new name but imagine they're going to be the same WS just improved.
By Hopalong 2023-04-02 19:31:47  
Probably they will be a little less strong but have skillchain linking properties which no one will use because Savage Blade/stonger ws.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-02 19:38:36  
I can't wait to see how they break the patch in May

It's nice they confirmed there are WSs. It's murky as always with their transparency and it looks very sketchy with them waiting so long to reveal anything

Post deleted by User.
By Vaerix 2023-04-02 21:59:37  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

It's nice they confirmed there are WSs. It's murky as always with their transparency and it looks very sketchy with them waiting so long to reveal anything

Where was this confirmed? I must have missed something, thanks in advance!
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-04-02 22:15:27  
Vaerix said: »

The top of this page....
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-04-02 22:57:47  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
“The April 1 Version Update”

They never put the “day” number in the monthly updates. This should’ve been the biggest red flag to everyone.

Just because they did change the way the home points look(which I imagine is super easy), did you really think they went and changed cutscenes?

I’m sorry, but no. This is why it’s so easy to scam people nowadays. You just believe everything you see on the internet.

Work on some critical thinking skills. Stop trying to make excuses.

normally I have to go to twitter to see someone get this triggered by an obvious joke

as for the WS news, I hope if it is just relic ws II that they keep the SC properties. Knights of the Round is already pretty competitive with SB (particularly if you can skillchain) with an R15 Excalibur; if KoRII is even stronger than that it would finally give BLU a good Fusion option while potentially competing with Expiacion.
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-04-02 23:21:22  
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Vaerix said: »

The top of this page....

JFC, so sorry thanks.

[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-04-02 23:41:51  
Asura.Bynebill said: »

Didn't this come up during an earlier interview or the AMA? I thought they said they didn't intend on reworking the relic weaponskills, but maybe I misunderstood and they were talking about the weapons themselves.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-03 00:27:22  
A two year rotation for ambuscade

aka; their favorite 24 v2 on loop, and the rest are dead

there's exactly 24 v1

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-03 00:43:27  
Even as terrible as they are it's more likely hours at most to swap

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-04-03 07:33:39  
I would hope that if SE doesn't want to piss off the playerbase, they will find some way to make relics useful. Many players that spent a lot of time and effort (back when relics were 'hard' to make), or even by today's current difficulty in obtaining one are now 'stuck' with obsolete gear (minus a few good ones - aegis, gjallarhorn) that will become even more useless if the new prime weapons take the old relic WSs and make them better.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-03 08:26:05  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
as for the WS news, I hope if it is just relic ws II that they keep the SC properties. Knights of the Round is already pretty competitive with SB (particularly if you can skillchain) with an R15 Excalibur; if KoRII is even stronger than that it would finally give BLU a good Fusion option while potentially competing with Expiacion.

I hope they pick and choose on the SC property. We already have some kind of scaling dark and light property SC properties from being able to use Empy WSs (sorry staff and club). Idm if they rip off KotR and keep Fusion but make it Darkness as it's level 3.

Darkness, NO PARENTS!

Cuz Swords suck at that.

They don't have to round out every jobs' WS/SC needs. That would be cool on paper and in my head but I can understand why you'd want to keep jobs being somewhat dependent on job synergy. But if you don't do that, you need to make them useful. Either it hits hard with full TP or is a magical/hybrid/AOE WS on a weapon that has none of those options. I don't want to see the GSWD wasted on RUN or the dagger on DNC/THF.

They should do something outrageous for WHM/GEO on club because WHMs are unemployed and GEO are content bipolar.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-03 08:34:29  
Hell, I'd just like to see distortion across the board lol. They really gave no *** balancing properties.

20 fusion 20 grav 20 frag but 8 Distortion, of which 3 are lolscythe
(not really, just feels like it)
By Taint 2023-04-03 09:07:42  
Last stage. Trade you i119 Relic with Prime Stage 3 for Final form.

There they fixed Relics by removing them.

Over the next 6 years the same happens with Emp,Mythic and Aeonic.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 369 370 371 ... 433 434 435